• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi, I'm trying to get a tabpanel whose default landing tab can be set using url parameters, but setting selectedTab to {!$Currentpage.parameters.tab} is not working, I know it could be done using the value attribute and a controller, but I'm trying to avoid having a custom controller if it's at all possible.

Is there any other way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

• September 02, 2011

Is there any way to get the Id of an apex:tab component or any component inside an apex:tab using $Component ?

I'm getting an empty string for some reason. This is the way I'm using it at the moment:

<apex:form id="theForm">
	<apex:tabPanel switchType="client" id="theTabPanel">
		<apex:tab label="A Tab" name="atab" id="theTab">
			<apex:outputPanel id="testField">test</apex:outputPanel>
		</apex:tab>
	</apex:tabPanel>
</apex:form>

{!$Component.theForm.theTabPanel.theTab.testField}

The string is empty if I try to reference either a tab or anything inside a tab, has anyone run into this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I'm trying to get a tabpanel whose default landing tab can be set using url parameters, but setting selectedTab to {!$Currentpage.parameters.tab} is not working, I know it could be done using the value attribute and a controller, but I'm trying to avoid having a custom controller if it's at all possible.

Is there any other way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

• September 02, 2011

Is there any way to get the Id of an apex:tab component or any component inside an apex:tab using $Component ?

I'm getting an empty string for some reason. This is the way I'm using it at the moment:

<apex:form id="theForm">
	<apex:tabPanel switchType="client" id="theTabPanel">
		<apex:tab label="A Tab" name="atab" id="theTab">
			<apex:outputPanel id="testField">test</apex:outputPanel>
		</apex:tab>
	</apex:tabPanel>
</apex:form>

{!$Component.theForm.theTabPanel.theTab.testField}

The string is empty if I try to reference either a tab or anything inside a tab, has anyone run into this?

Thanks in advance.