• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
 How can Use a Public group name as a lookup field in a custom object? please help
George

I wanted to create  a Group called Applicaiton Group and wanted to add  users to this group like one group has on or more users.  
And then I wanted to use the Application group name as  a lookup field in one of my custom object.
I undertand I cannot use Users standard object in any master detail relationship. 

My custom object is a kind of  Case Ticket, and I want to use the field "Assinged Group" to a group name, and in the next lookup "Assinged person" to a user in that group.

Then I found Public group and I thought I can use this . I can add users to public group, but I cannot use public group as a lookup in my custom object.
Is force.com so limited like this? I am very disappointed

Is there any way to achieve what I am looking for.? I am very new to force.com and apex.  Can somone please guide me?

Thanks

George

I have a custom object called application Group.  This application group has one more users.  I would like to create a master detail relationship between
application group and  standard object users with Appication group as master and users as child so that I can add more users to each Application group .

As users object is not in the custom object list, I cannot create a master detail relationship there.
Can someone guide me how can I achieve this?
Thanks in advance
George
 I am very new to Force.com. I am looking to download and install Force.com IDE on PC running windows 7 pro. I did not find the actual download anywhere. But I found some exaples of installing the IDE as an Eclipse plug in. Is the stand alone not availbe any more?  Can someone tell me the best way  to install the IDE

I am fairy new ,  I did something, Not any apex in the application, DId  objects, forumalas validations etc.  I am actually a relational database guy for 17 yeas. Worked with Oracle PL/SQL.

I read the apex work book, and tried to write the trigger, But did not work . Here is my scenario

I have 2 Objects  Change_Request__c   which is parent and  Change_History__c    which is child.

Whenever I change  the status value in the parent object and save, It must insert a new recod in the child object with parent id as foreign  key.

This should happend for each time the status changed.

Change_Request__c          -Parent

Request No

Request_Name__c

Change_Type__c

Description__c

Module__c

Request_Date__c

Status__c  ( Possible values "Approved", "Rejected", "Changed")

*********************************************************************************************************

Change_History__c            -Child History_No

Request No ( Forign key from other other object)

Request_Name__c

Change_Type__c

Description__c

Module__c

Request_Date__c Status_changed_by_c ( user modify the record in the other Object

Status__c  ( Changed status in the other obeject)

I have a custom object in which a status field frequently change with approval. Meaning "Approved, Rejected, Assigned, Completed" etc. each time when this status changed , I have to insert a record with all fields from the object to another object called History with new status.  So that all the status changes can be reviewed later in the history table.

Can someone suggest the efficient way to get this done.

I am very new to Force.com. and excited to learn

Thanks

George

I am very new to Force.com. I am learning by developing the sample Recruiting application in the Guide. I have a tab for Job Application  in which the Candidate and Position are lookup fields. 

In one of the job application record, I have a related position Title and a Candidate Number displayed .  When I move the Cursor over the position title I can see a popped up tool tip with  Position Title, Max Pay, Min Pay. I did not do anything special to get it. But If I move the cursor over the Candidate Number, I don't see any information in the pop up.

Where is the place to set these tool tip. I want  candidate name and some other information in the tool tip when I move the cursor over candidate number in the Job Application page.

Can Someone help

George

How can Use a Public group name as a lookup field in a custom object? please help
George

I wanted to create  a Group called Applicaiton Group and wanted to add  users to this group like one group has on or more users.  
And then I wanted to use the Application group name as  a lookup field in one of my custom object.
I undertand I cannot use Users standard object in any master detail relationship. 

My custom object is a kind of  Case Ticket, and I want to use the field "Assinged Group" to a group name, and in the next lookup "Assinged person" to a user in that group.

Then I found Public group and I thought I can use this . I can add users to public group, but I cannot use public group as a lookup in my custom object.
Is force.com so limited like this? I am very disappointed

Is there any way to achieve what I am looking for.? I am very new to force.com and apex.  Can somone please guide me?

Thanks

George

I have a custom object called application Group.  This application group has one more users.  I would like to create a master detail relationship between
application group and  standard object users with Appication group as master and users as child so that I can add more users to each Application group .

As users object is not in the custom object list, I cannot create a master detail relationship there.
Can someone guide me how can I achieve this?
Thanks in advance
George

I am fairy new ,  I did something, Not any apex in the application, DId  objects, forumalas validations etc.  I am actually a relational database guy for 17 yeas. Worked with Oracle PL/SQL.

I read the apex work book, and tried to write the trigger, But did not work . Here is my scenario

I have 2 Objects  Change_Request__c   which is parent and  Change_History__c    which is child.

Whenever I change  the status value in the parent object and save, It must insert a new recod in the child object with parent id as foreign  key.

This should happend for each time the status changed.

Change_Request__c          -Parent

Request No

Request_Name__c

Change_Type__c

Description__c

Module__c

Request_Date__c

Status__c  ( Possible values "Approved", "Rejected", "Changed")

*********************************************************************************************************

Change_History__c            -Child History_No

Request No ( Forign key from other other object)

Request_Name__c

Change_Type__c

Description__c

Module__c

Request_Date__c Status_changed_by_c ( user modify the record in the other Object

Status__c  ( Changed status in the other obeject)

I have a custom object in which a status field frequently change with approval. Meaning "Approved, Rejected, Assigned, Completed" etc. each time when this status changed , I have to insert a record with all fields from the object to another object called History with new status.  So that all the status changes can be reviewed later in the history table.

Can someone suggest the efficient way to get this done.

I am very new to Force.com. and excited to learn

Thanks

George

Hi,

Is there anyway to do a formula based on colors (not the traffic light image)?

I need to have more than 3 colors to show depending on the Rating Status, such as Gren, Yellow, Red, and Purple to show these colors when the rating is selected for each one.

Thanks,

Lia

• March 29, 2010