• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Dear all,

I am wondering how String comparison are performed in SOQL queries. Let me explain myself:

My query is something like that:

[SELECT Id 
FROM User_Profile__c 
WHERE Contact__r.Name >= :contactNameMin
AND Contact__r.Name <= :contactNameMax]

Here are some of the results I obtain with some boundaries (contactNameMin and contactNameMax):

Between 1 and 100: 1 record

Between 100 and 2: 100 records

Between 1 and 2: 101 records (as expected).

Everything works fine with numbers. Everithing goes weird when I mix numbers and letters.

I tried all orders as I don't know how comparison is performed.

Between 2 and A: 0 record

Between 1 and A: 0 record (I assumed then that letters are before numbers in order)

Between A and 100: Still 0 record  !!

Can someone enlight me, I am completely lost !

Please help!

Thank you beforehand

Dear all,

I would like to know if there is any way to skip a step in a custom wizard. Let me explain. My wizard page zero is based on a custom controller and call an initialization method:

<apex:page standardController="XXX__c" extensions="XXXCtrlExtension" showHeader="true" tabStyle="XXX" action="{!init}">

Based on a specific criteria I would like to be able to skip step zero to go directly to step one (so initialization method should redirect user to page one but without loosing controller context. I tried :

public PageReference init()
{
   if (criteria)
   {
      return null;
   }
   else
   {
      return Page.ProvisioningWizardS1;
   }
}

But without success. I tried also:

{
   if (criteria)
   {
      return null;
   }
   else
   {
      PageReference pageRef = Page.ProvisioningWizardS1;
      pageRef.setRedirect(true);
      return pageRef;
   }
}

But it redirects loosing the controller context.

Is there any solution?

Thank you all beforehand.

Dear all,

I am trying to filter Contact lookup field on Quotes and I would like to have Contact.AccountId = Quote.AccountId

Unfortunately list of fields for Quote does not present me AccountId, although Account is a standar lookup field of Quote (to Account of course)

Case object has the same structure (Contact and Account lookup fields) and on Case it is possible.

What is the difference? Can someone explain me why I cannot use Account ID on Quotes?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Dear All,

I have a particularly annoying issue with Debug statements.

Considering this piece of code:

System.Debug('## Start request Preparation - Timestamp:' + DateTime.now().format('HH:mm:ss:SSS'));
RequestPreparationResult res = prepareRequest(lstUpIds, operation);
System.Debug('## End request Preparation - Timestamp:' + DateTime.now().format('HH:mm:ss:SSS'));

In the debug log window, I can easily find the 'USER_DEBUG|[450]|DEBUG|## End request Preparation - Timestamp:12:36:58:525'
statement but I am unable to find the first one ('## Start request preparation').
In fact, all System.Debug statement after the 'End request' one are displayed but all those before the 'Start request' one (included) are not displayed.

Is anyone aware of limitations regarding System.Debug statements or anything that can prevent my statements to be displayed????

I really need help on this one. Thanks in advance. Best Regards

Dear all,

here is my problem/question.

In the controller (extension) of one of my pages, I get an expression in a String variable. 

I would like to know if the re is any solution for me to evaluate this expression from the String.

Let's say I get something like this:

String s = '(true AND false) OR true';

Is there any function (like the eval javascript function) that would allow me to evaluate my expression?

Boolean ret = eval(s); // true

Thank you everyone in advance.

Dear all,

I am wondering how String comparison are performed in SOQL queries. Let me explain myself:

My query is something like that:

[SELECT Id 
FROM User_Profile__c 
WHERE Contact__r.Name >= :contactNameMin
AND Contact__r.Name <= :contactNameMax]

Here are some of the results I obtain with some boundaries (contactNameMin and contactNameMax):

Between 1 and 100: 1 record

Between 100 and 2: 100 records

Between 1 and 2: 101 records (as expected).

Everything works fine with numbers. Everithing goes weird when I mix numbers and letters.

I tried all orders as I don't know how comparison is performed.

Between 2 and A: 0 record

Between 1 and A: 0 record (I assumed then that letters are before numbers in order)

Between A and 100: Still 0 record  !!

Can someone enlight me, I am completely lost !

Please help!

Thank you beforehand

Dear all,

I would like to know if there is any way to skip a step in a custom wizard. Let me explain. My wizard page zero is based on a custom controller and call an initialization method:

<apex:page standardController="XXX__c" extensions="XXXCtrlExtension" showHeader="true" tabStyle="XXX" action="{!init}">

Based on a specific criteria I would like to be able to skip step zero to go directly to step one (so initialization method should redirect user to page one but without loosing controller context. I tried :

{
   if (criteria)
   {
      return null;
   }
   else
   {
      return Page.ProvisioningWizardS1;
   }
}

But without success. I tried also:

{
   if (criteria)
   {
      return null;
   }
   else
   {
      PageReference pageRef = Page.ProvisioningWizardS1;
      pageRef.setRedirect(true);
      return pageRef;
   }
}

But it redirects loosing the controller context.

Is there any solution?

Thank you all beforehand.

Dear all,

I am trying to filter Contact lookup field on Quotes and I would like to have Contact.AccountId = Quote.AccountId

Unfortunately list of fields for Quote does not present me AccountId, although Account is a standar lookup field of Quote (to Account of course)

Case object has the same structure (Contact and Account lookup fields) and on Case it is possible.

What is the difference? Can someone explain me why I cannot use Account ID on Quotes?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Dear All,

I have a particularly annoying issue with Debug statements.

Considering this piece of code:

System.Debug('## Start request Preparation - Timestamp:' + DateTime.now().format('HH:mm:ss:SSS'));
RequestPreparationResult res = prepareRequest(lstUpIds, operation);
System.Debug('## End request Preparation - Timestamp:' + DateTime.now().format('HH:mm:ss:SSS'));

In the debug log window, I can easily find the 'USER_DEBUG|[450]|DEBUG|## End request Preparation - Timestamp:12:36:58:525'
statement but I am unable to find the first one ('## Start request preparation').
In fact, all System.Debug statement after the 'End request' one are displayed but all those before the 'Start request' one (included) are not displayed.

Is anyone aware of limitations regarding System.Debug statements or anything that can prevent my statements to be displayed????

I really need help on this one. Thanks in advance. Best Regards

Dear all,

here is my problem/question.

In the controller (extension) of one of my pages, I get an expression in a String variable. 

I would like to know if the re is any solution for me to evaluate this expression from the String.

Let's say I get something like this:

String s = '(true AND false) OR true';

Is there any function (like the eval javascript function) that would allow me to evaluate my expression?

Boolean ret = eval(s); // true

Thank you everyone in advance.

Hi,

I installed the Excel Connector in Excel 2003 on a user's computer and all appeared to work until I ran my first query. I ran a query on contacts with no filter and it returned just 24 contacts of a total of around 3,500 contacts. The Account query was similar: 45 accounts returned of 300 expected.

1. No Where clause in the Connector.

2. No roles, OWD= all public, profile includes Modify All.

3. User can access all of the records in Salesforce.

4. When I test on my computer (Excel 2007), the same query returns all data.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks!