• 25 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

This seems like it should be straightforward, but it doesn't work.  I don't receive any errors, but nothing happens.

The Move__c object is on the detail side of a Master-Detail relationship with Client__c.

I'm trying to use the button to grab field values from Move__c, and pass those values into fields on Client__c.

Am I trying to do something that won't work?

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/20.0/connection.js")} 

var connection = sforce.connection; 

var url = parent.location.href; //string for the URL of the current page 
var clientMoved = "{!Move__c.ClientId__c}"; 

var moveToStreet = "{!Move__c.Move_To_Street__c}"; 
var moveToCity = "{!Move__c.Move_To_City__c}"; 
var moveToState = "{!Move__c.Move_To_State_Province__c}"; 
var moveToZip = "{!Move__c.Move_To_Zip_Postal_Code__c}"; 
var moveToCountry = "{!Move__c.Move_To_Country__c}"; 
var moveToProperty = "{!Move__c.Property__c}";

var client= new sforce.SObject("Client__c"); 
client.Id = clientMoved; 

client.Mailing_Street__c = moveToStreet; 
client.Mailing_City__c = moveToCity; 
client.Mailing_State__c = moveToState; 
client.Mailing_Zip_Code__c = moveToZip; 
client.Mailing_Country__c = moveToCountry; 

client.Shipping_Street__c = moveToStreet; 
client.Shipping_City__c = moveToCity; 
client.Shipping_State__c = moveToState; 
client.Shipping_Zip_Code__c = moveToZip; 
client.Shipping_Country__c = moveToCountry; 

client.Property__c = moveToProperty;

connection.update([client]); 
parent.location.href = url; //refresh the page

<apex:inputText value="{!Params.Name}" styleClass="inputText" id="parentName"/>
                <apex:inputHidden value="{!Params.Name2}" id="Ownership"  /> 

I am using Parameter class.

public Class Parameter{
        public String Name{get; set;}
        public String Name2=Name;

public String getName2() { return Name2; }

public void setName2(String Name) { Name2= Name; }

I would like to assign Name to Name2 always, this is for search form.

But for some reason, I am not able getName2 value.

any idea ?

• August 31, 2011

link to the ERD   - ERD

I am able to get record from Contact to Donation below is the working query 

SELECT ID,Name,Past_Donation_Total__c,(SELECT Opportunity.amount FROM OpportunityContactRoles Order BY Opportunity.CloseDate DESC Limit 1 ) FROM Contact Where Lead_Source_Contact__c = \''+searchText+'\' ';

In the same query I would like to get few fields from Household too. Is that possible ? I got error message saying you can go up to 1 level only.

Something like below is red, but i m getting error message;

SELECT ID,Name,( Select Name from Household__C),Past_Donation_Total__c,(SELECT Opportunity.amount FROM OpportunityContactRoles Order BY Opportunity.CloseDate DESC Limit 1 ) FROM Contact Where Lead_Source_Contact__c = \''+searchText+'\' ';

TIA!!

• August 11, 2011

I have many developer account now I would like to delete the account I do not want any more. 

Is there a way we can do this our self ?

Thanks 

• August 11, 2011

Hello again,

We're trying to build a report that will work as follows:

We want the report to be summarized by account and show us two things

1) Cases opened within a set period of time (like Last 7 Days)

2) Cases closed within the same timeframe

The report should not be the same cases that have opened and closed in the last 7 days.  it should look like this

Cases opened last 7 days

Andy America

Case #1123

Cases Closed Last 7 Days

Andy America

Case #1108

We'd have more of the standard colums in place, case owner, comments, stuff like that.

Can anybody help with how we can pull this into one report?  We can do two different reports easily, cases opened on this account, cases closed on this account but we'd like to get this information onto one report.  Any assistance would be awesome.

Thanks!

This seems like it should be straightforward, but it doesn't work.  I don't receive any errors, but nothing happens.

The Move__c object is on the detail side of a Master-Detail relationship with Client__c.

I'm trying to use the button to grab field values from Move__c, and pass those values into fields on Client__c.

Am I trying to do something that won't work?

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/20.0/connection.js")} 

var connection = sforce.connection; 

var url = parent.location.href; //string for the URL of the current page 
var clientMoved = "{!Move__c.ClientId__c}"; 

var moveToStreet = "{!Move__c.Move_To_Street__c}"; 
var moveToCity = "{!Move__c.Move_To_City__c}"; 
var moveToState = "{!Move__c.Move_To_State_Province__c}"; 
var moveToZip = "{!Move__c.Move_To_Zip_Postal_Code__c}"; 
var moveToCountry = "{!Move__c.Move_To_Country__c}"; 
var moveToProperty = "{!Move__c.Property__c}";

var client= new sforce.SObject("Client__c"); 
client.Id = clientMoved; 

client.Mailing_Street__c = moveToStreet; 
client.Mailing_City__c = moveToCity; 
client.Mailing_State__c = moveToState; 
client.Mailing_Zip_Code__c = moveToZip; 
client.Mailing_Country__c = moveToCountry; 

client.Shipping_Street__c = moveToStreet; 
client.Shipping_City__c = moveToCity; 
client.Shipping_State__c = moveToState; 
client.Shipping_Zip_Code__c = moveToZip; 
client.Shipping_Country__c = moveToCountry; 

client.Property__c = moveToProperty;

connection.update([client]); 
parent.location.href = url; //refresh the page

Our products and assets are levels of service. An account can have an asset on Level 1 and upgrade to Level 2 or they may have Level 2 and downgrade to Level 1. They could also attrition all together so we consider that a lost client. I'm trying to find a way to report on assets and show that this asset's Usage End Date was because they upgraded to a different level, downgraded or is a lost client.

Currently, the way we handle it in the assets is, we populate the Usage End Date and change the Status to "Attritioned" for the Asset level the client was on and add a new asset with a Status of "Purchased" and populate the Purchase and Delivered Date for the new level of service. My problem is that I can't figure out how to create a report that shows assets attritioned because of an upgrade to a higher level or a downgrade. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Wendy

Does anyone have any recommendations for a B2B e-commerce type product that would enable external clients to purchase products in salesforce. Something where they can have shopping cart functionality and place orders that would create the corresponding opportunities in Salesforce

It would need to be quite configurable to read/write from custom objects.

There are a couple of products in the app exchange I found but they don't seem to be anything special.

Thanks

Scott

• September 29, 2011

We are a small medical startup and use SalesForce to track sales, lead generation, and keep customer contact info up to date. We also have a series of custom fields for each customer to flag what products and markets they are interested in.

We do not use SalesForce to send emails to our customers. We use our own email/domain and we get much better results using programs like Outlook and GroupMail to mass send emails to our clients (opt-in and CANN spam compliant).

Here is what we currently do:

1) Lets say we have a new "cardiovascular" product to promote, so we go into SalesForce and run a report pulling all email addresses that we have flagged as "cardiovascular" and export it to Excel.

2) We import this "cardiovascular" email list into Outlook/GroupMail and send it out and get a great response.

3) Occasionally we get a reply request to unsubscribe, so we manually go into SalesForce and find that user and uncheck their custom field for "cardiovascular" so we dont email next time. This is the part that is taking too much time, is there a way to automate it?

Here is what we'd like to do:

1) When a user gets an unwanted email they click a link in the bottom of the email like "www.mywebsite.com/unsubscribe.php?joe@email.com"

2) It brings them to our site (or sales force) and it shows their email with all of the custom flags they are check as (ex: Cardiovascular, Orthopaedic, Dental, etc." and they can check or uncheck which emails they want to receive.

Is this possible?

Hello,

While Uploading the package i am getting a validation restriction " Salesforce.com does not currently allow export of components referencing to Data Categories." 

can any body please help me how can i upload my code. and create a package

Hey,

Not sure if this is possible: If I have 2 fields (PickList and Text) Is there a way to set the value of the Text field depending on the value chosen in the PickList? I know that you can use a formula field but I am wondering if this functionality can work in edit mode (before I hit the Save button).

Thanks,

Shay

• August 22, 2011

I am looking to set up a conditional statement within an HTML email that only displays a custom field if a vaule within the custom field exist.

For example...

IF there is a value for the custom field "price" then display:

HTML Heading.

HTML Paragraph including the custom field.

ENDIF

If there is no value for the custom field "price" then nothing is to be shown.

Any input or advice here would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have develpper Edition, now I have to migrate all the data & meta data from Developer Edition to Sandbox.

We can do it throught Eclipse plugin & through Ant.

Pls tell me the steps how to migrate through Eclipse from Developer edition to Sandbox.

Thanks,

Regards,

SS

link to the ERD   - ERD

I am able to get record from Contact to Donation below is the working query 

SELECT ID,Name,Past_Donation_Total__c,(SELECT Opportunity.amount FROM OpportunityContactRoles Order BY Opportunity.CloseDate DESC Limit 1 ) FROM Contact Where Lead_Source_Contact__c = \''+searchText+'\' ';

In the same query I would like to get few fields from Household too. Is that possible ? I got error message saying you can go up to 1 level only.

Something like below is red, but i m getting error message;

SELECT ID,Name,( Select Name from Household__C),Past_Donation_Total__c,(SELECT Opportunity.amount FROM OpportunityContactRoles Order BY Opportunity.CloseDate DESC Limit 1 ) FROM Contact Where Lead_Source_Contact__c = \''+searchText+'\' ';

TIA!!

• August 11, 2011

I have many developer account now I would like to delete the account I do not want any more. 

Is there a way we can do this our self ?

Thanks 

• August 11, 2011

I'm brand new to Apex and I'm having some trouble displaying aggregate results in a visualforce page. The extension isn't throwing any errors but the visualforce says "Error: Invalid field cv__Opportunity__c for SObject AggregateResult".

The way I read this is, either I'm not calling the fields properly in the visualforce page, or I'm not presenting the aggregate properly in the extension. Any help is of course greatly appreciated!

Here's the extension:

public class AccountDesignationHistoryExtension {

Account CurrentAccount = null;
    List<AggregateResult> AccountDesignationHistory = null;

public AccountDesignationHistoryExtension(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {
        CurrentAccount = (Account)controller.getRecord();
        AccountDesignationHistory = [SELECT COUNT(cv__Opportunity__c), Designation_Name__c, SUM(cv__Amount__c), MAX(Close_Date__c)
        From cv__Donation_Designation_Relationship__c
        WHERE cv__Opportunity__r.AccountId = :CurrentAccount.Id
        AND cv__Opportunity__r.StageName = 'Received'
        AND cv__Opportunity__r.cv__Posted__c = False
        GROUP BY Designation_Name__c];
    }

public List<AggregateResult> getAccountDesignationHistory() { return AccountDesignationHistory; }

}

Here's the visualforce:

<apex:page standardController="Account" extensions="AccountDesignationHistoryExtension">
    <apex:pageBlock >
        <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!AccountDesignationHistory}" var="a">
            <apex:column value="{!a.cv__Opportunity__c}" headerValue="Number of Donations" />
            <apex:column value="{!a.Designation_Name__c}" headerValue="Designation Name" />
            <apex:column value="{!a.cv__Amount__c}" headerValue="Total Designated Amount" />
            <apex:column value="{!a.Close_Date__c}" headerValue="Most Recent Donation" />
        </apex:pageBlockTable>
    </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

I have searched high and low for someone who has done this and have come up empty handed. I find it hard to believe this is not a common issue.

As you know, if an Opportunity is added to a Contact, the Contact is automatically added as a Contact Role on that Opportunity. It does not make them the Primary Contact Role or define the Role, but it does add them.

If an Opportunity is added to a Person Account, the Contact/Person Account is not automatically added as a Contact Role on the Opportunity. When the Opportunity is created there are no Contacts listed.

What I would like to do is to have a trigger that automatically adds the Person Account as a Contact to the Contact Roles when an Opportunity is created under them. I would like for them to be made Primary and a role of Decision Maker. 

It seems to me that adding Contact Roles automatically would be more common, but I guess not. Has anyone found a solution to this that they can share? Thank you everyone!

Dusty