• 358 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am totally new to Visualforce and never coded HTML before. I am 2 challenges away (out of 9) to finish this and just can't figure out why I am still gettin this error message.
Here is the challenge:

User-added image
I believe I covered the highlighted items but don't have a clue about the ones circled with red.
I am under the impression that <apex:pageBlockTable value="{! Account }" var="a"> is a repeater as it keeps creating lines of Accounts,
as shown here:

User-added image
Below is my code:

<!-- Start -->

<apex:page standardController="Account" recordSetVar="accounts">
    <apex:form >
    <apex:pageBlock title="Accounts List">

<!-- Accounts List -->
        <apex:pageBlockTable value="{! Account }" var="a">
            <apex:column value="{! a.Name }"/>

</apex:pageBlockTable>

</apex:pageBlock>
  </apex:form>
</apex:page>

<!-- End -->

Any help explaining how to fix the error and complete the remaining tasks will be greatly appreciated.

Hi, to all I am new in the extension controller here I try implement the function on the sorting to my visual force page but the sorting and pagination is not working together here(I already done the pagination only using the standard controller). So I check the developer console on my apex class it's provide the error on followingly in the image
User-added image
So I don't know how to clear this error so please help me to done this task.and my apex class is followingly,
public class AccountListViewController{
public List<Account> AccountsortList {get; set;}
public String SortingExpression = 'name';
public String DirectionOfSort = 'ASC';
public Integer NoOfRecords {get; set;}
public Integer Size{get; set;}

public AccountListViewController(ApexPages.StandardSetController controller) {
        AccountsortList = new List<Account>();
        ApexPages.StandardSetController ssc = new ApexPages.StandardSetController(AccountsortList);

}

/*public Integer pageNumber {
        get {
        return ssc.getpageNumber();
        }
        set;
    }*/
    public String ExpressionSort {
        get {
            return SortingExpression;
        }
        set {
            If(value == SortingExpression) {
                DirectionOfSort = (DirectionOfSort == 'ASC')? 'DESC' : 'ASC';
            }
            else {
                DirectionOfSort = 'ASC';
                SortingExpression = value;
            }
        }

}

public String getDirectionOfSort() {
        If(SortingExpression == Null || SortingExpression == '') {
            return 'DESC';
        }
        else {
            return DirectionOfSort;
        }
    }

public void setDirectionOfSort(String value) {
        DirectionOfSort = value;
    }

public List<Account>getAccounts() {
        return AccountsortList;
    }

public PageReference ViewData() {
        String FullSortExpression = SortingExpression + ' ' + DirectionOfSort;
        system.debug('SortingExpression:::::'+SortingExpression);
        system.debug(DirectionOfSort);

String Queryitem = ' SELECT Id, Name, Phone, BillingState, Type, Owner.Name, Website FROM Account WHERE Account.Name != Null ORDER BY ' + FullSortExpression +' Limit 10';
       system.debug(Queryitem);

AccountsortList = DataBase.query(Queryitem);
        system.debug(AccountsortList);
        return Null;
    }
}

For answer's thanks in advance.Thanks Mohan. 

Hi, Please let me know that can we use Enterprise WSDL file for 2 way connection with .net appilcation OR I need give Custom WSDl file , Now with enterprise WSDl other system getting all data from salesforce objects shall I proceed with this OR  now I need to make connection in both way
Since I have gotten great assistance previously, thought I'd request more assistance with yet another validation rule. I get no syntax errors and the validtion rules fires but only when all fields referenced are null.
Here is what the business wants:
If there is nothing in the DB Manufacturer field, and the sub type is EBR/EFR Needs Office Review then
• EITHER Boiler Type OR Furnace Type needs to be input
• Both of the following fields need to be supplied:
MFG Year
Fuel Type

This is what I have created:
DB_Manufacturer__c  = ""  && ISPICKVAL(Sub_Type__c, 'EBR/EFR Needs Office Review') && ISPICKVAL(Boiler_Type__c, '') && ISPICKVAL(Furnace_Type__c, '') && (ISBLANK(MFG_Year__c) || ISPICKVAL(Fuel_Type__c, '') || ISBLANK( Manufacturer__c ))

Once I select a Boiler Type and no other fields, the validation rules no longer fires. There has to be something with my grouping or AND's and Or's.
Any assistance is appreciated.

I'm attempting to validate a postal code for a country that currently has two different postal code formats (9999 and/or 9999-999)

Currently I'm trying the following:

IF (( 
Country__r.Name = 'Portugal') && 
(LEN( Zip_Postal_Code__c) >1), 
(NOT(REGEX(Zip_Postal_Code__c , "[0-9]{4}")) || NOT(REGEX(Zip_Postal_Code__c , "[0-9]{4}-[0-9]{3}"))),

NULL)

What would be the proper syntax for including two formats in one validation rule?

Thanks!

I've leveraged the trigger example here: http://www.anthonyvictorio.com/salesforce/roll-up-summary-trigger/ however I need to change it so that it can accomodate for 4 sum of currency fields (not just 1) to update four different rollup fields on the parent Account (Bank__c).

Some information: A Bank has multiple SRFs, and under each SRF are a set of Fees. There are 4 Fee fields on the SRFs that each need to roll up seperately onto their respective Fee fields on the Bank. That's why there is a Pipeline_Fees_Bank__c and Pipeline_Fees__c (SRF). There are 3 more sets of these fields.

How can I achieve rolling up the other three by modifying this?

trigger rollUpFees on Service_Request__c (after delete, after insert, after update) {

//Limit the size of list by using Sets which do not contain duplicate elements
  set<Id> AccountIds = new set<Id>();

//When adding new SRFs or updating existing SRFs
  if(trigger.isInsert || trigger.isUpdate){
    for(Service_Request__c p : trigger.new){
      AccountIds.add(p.Bank__c);
    }
  }

//When deleting SRFs
  if(trigger.isDelete){
    for(Service_Request__c p : trigger.old){
      AccountIds.add(p.Bank__c);
    }
  }

//Map will contain one Bank Id to one sum value
  map<Id,Double> AccountMap = new map <Id,Double>();

//Produce a sum of fees on SRFs and add them to the map
  //use group by to have a single Bank Id with a single sum value
  for(AggregateResult q : [select Bank__c,sum(Pipeline_Fees__c)
    from Service_Request__c where Bank__c IN :AccountIds group by Bank__c]){
      AccountMap.put((Id)q.get('Bank__c'),(Double)q.get('expr0'));
  }

List<Account> AccountsToUpdate = new List<Account>();

//Run the for loop on Accounts using the non-duplicate set of Bank Ids
  //Get the sum value from the map and create a list of Accounts to update
  for(Account a : [Select Id, Pipeline_Fees_Bank__c from Account where Id IN :AccountIds]){
    Double PaymentSum = AccountMap.get(a.Id);
    a.Pipeline_Fees_Bank__c = PaymentSum;
    AccountsToUpdate.add(a);
  }

update AccountsToUpdate;
}

To get an idea of what I'd like to change...There are 3 more "Fees" that need to be summed up:

//Produce a sum of fees on SRFs and add them to the map
  //use group by to have a single Bank Id with a single sum value
  for(AggregateResult q : [select Bank__c,sum(Pipeline_Fees__c),sum(Incurred_Fees__c),sum(Paid_Fees__c),sum(Unpaid_Fees__c)
    from Service_Request__c where Bank__c IN :AccountIds group by Bank__c]){
      AccountMap.put((Id)q.get('Bank__c'),(Double)q.get('expr0'));
  }

I'm new to triggers, so I'm not sure how to achieve this! I don't want to be writing four triggers, one for each one - i dont think that's the best way to achieve this...

• November 12, 2011

Hi All,

I have four date fields in my poortunity object. Now, i have a requirement where I want to find out the latest date among four of them.  I have issue when I one of them  is blank. Formula does not return anyhting if any of them is blank. But my requirement is if there are let say two fields with dates then it should give me latest date of them ignoring two blank fields.

If it can be solved through apex classes, i am fine with it.

Exaple:

Stage C | Champion Letter Date                   10-Nov-2011

Stage C | Solution [Key Players] Date

Stage C | Decision Maker Identified Date      8 Dec-2009

Stage C | Solution [Key Players] Date

New field should return 10-Nov-2011 i.e. latest of them all.

Thanks in advance!

~Alok

Hi All,   please help with the following code

global class InboundLinxUserRegistration {
   global class dtRegistrationInput {
      webservice Integer UserId;
      webservice String First_Name;
      webservice String Last_Name;
      webservice String Email_Address;
      webservice String Status;
      webservice String Workplace_Id;
      webservice String Workplace_Name;
      webservice String Workplace_Province;
      webservice String Workplace_City;
      webservice String Workplace_Postal_Code;
      webservice String Workplace_Address;
      webservice String Speciality;
      webservice String Record_Type;
        }

global class dtRegistrationOutput {
       webservice String status;
       webservice String Message_Text;
      }

public webservice static dtRegistrationOutput Registration(dtRegistrationInput Registration){
           dtRegistrationOutput retvalue=new dtRegistrationOutput();
           retvalue.status='Success';
         return retvalue;

List<Account> user=[select National_Code__c, FirstName,LastName,PersonEmail,Account_Status_NES__c,Primary_Parent_vod__c,Primary_Province_NES__c,Primary_City_NES__c,Primary_Postal_Code_NES__c,Primary_Address_1_NES__c,Specialty_1_vod__c, RecordtypeId from Account where National_Code__c=:Registration.UserId];
           if(user.size()==0) {
                 retvalue.status='Failur';
                 retvalue.Message_Text='Record Not Found';
              }else {

user[0].National_Code__c=String.valueOf(Registration.UserId); // HERE THE ERROR
                     user[0].FirstName=Registration.First_Name;
                     user[0].LastName=Registration.Last_Name;
                     user[0].PersonEmail=Registration.Email_Address;
                     user[0].Account_Status_NES__c=Registration.Status;
                     user[0].Primary_Parent_vod__c=Registration.Workplace_Id;
                     user[0].Primary_Province_NES__c=Registration.Workplace_Province;
                     user[0].Primary_City_NES__c=Registration.Workplace_City;
                     user[0].Primary_Postal_Code_NES__c=Registration.Workplace_Postal_Code;
                     user[0].Primary_Address_1_NES__c=Registration.Workplace_Address;
                     user[0].Specialty_1_vod__c=Registration.Speciality;
                     user[0].recordtypeId=Registration.Record_Type;
                     try{
                          insert user[0];
                         } catch (Exception e){
                            retValue.Status='Failure';
                            retValue.Message_Text= e.getMessage();
                           }
             }
          return retvalue;
       }
 } 

a

nd the error is 

Error: Compile Error: Invalid bind expression type of Integer for column of type String at line 27 column 296

Iam doing Integration using webservices API

I want to create the Outbound Message in XMl format.

i want topass the Sobject list  of four objects says Accounts,Case etc..,in DOm class child element...

I have a condition like  if thelastmodified date is set to Today().the object which satisifies this condition

only that object fields should be displayed as XML message..and not all.

How can i do this... can Anyone help me in this......????????????????????????????????????????

Hi 

Can we write url of an aspx page in EndPoint Url when we are creating Out Bound Message. 

I'm trying to deploy a pretty simple trigger into production.  It works fine in my sandbox, but when I deploy I get all kinds of error message on line 4. 

Here's the trigger:

trigger AutoCltGroup on Account (before insert, before update) {

Client_Groups__c CGU = [Select ID From Client_Groups__c  Where Name='UNGROUPED' limit 1];
   client_groups__c CG996 = [Select ID From Client_Groups__c where Name='RPM996' limit 1];
   Client_Groups__c CG997 = [Select ID From Client_Groups__c where Name='RPM997' limit 1];

for (Account a : Trigger.new) {
    if(a.cmr_number__c == '996')

{
      a.Client_Group__c =CG996.id;

} 

if(a.cmr_number__c == '997')

{
      a.Client_Group__c =CG997.id;

} 

if(a.Client_Group__c==null && a.cmr_number__c != '996' && a.cmr_number__c != '997')

{
      a.Client_Group__c =CGu.id;

} 
}

}

Here's the error I'm getting:

Failure Message: "System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, AutoCltGroup: execution of BeforeInsert caused by: System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject Trigger.AutoCltGroup: line 4, column 29: []", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.Accoun...

I would appreciate any help you can give me with this one.

Thanks!

• September 26, 2011

Hi All;

I have a class runs after trigger. I need my class not run after an update when the certain field not updated. (I need my trigger runs after tax number changes) In trigger body it is possible to accomplish this with;

System.trigger.oldMap.get(c.id).Tax_Number__c != System.trigger.newMap.get(c.id).Tax_Number__c )

I can not add this code in a class. There must be some other way we can compare old value vs new value in a class. Can anyone help me with the issue I have?

Thank you very much for your help.

• September 20, 2011

Hi

I have 2 Picklists .

One contains -> Location1 & Location2

Second field contains -> Office1A,Office1B,Office2A,Office2B 

Office1A,Office1B belongs to LocatonA

Office2A,Office2B belongs to LocationB

I want to create W2L . Will this work with W2L if not then how it can be done in W2l .

Thanks

I was reading through the "Implementing Salesforce Knowledge" guide and i came across the following line
"Customer Portal users and partner portal users inherit the category group visibility settings assigned to their account managers.".
I did not understand who the account manager would be for a given Customer Portal user.
When i try to deploy few classes to production all the test classes will be run. Some of the test classes take long time to run. i made a not of couple of such test classes which took 20 min to complete. but when i try to run the test class induvidually the test class runs with in 2 min[excluding the wait time]. Can some help me understand why this is so.
Hi

I need to retrieve all the metadata from an org. Currently i am not able to do so using the eclipse as it hangs up. Is there any other way we can achieve this?

Hi All,

Following is the error that i have been facing 

"System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: Unable to parse callout response. Apex type not found for element".

i have the class defined for the element being pointed out in the above error. And also i dont have any invalid types in the wsdl like <s:any .... . So can you please let me know if there are any such  points that needs to be checked?

Thanks

Srikanth

Hi All,

Following is the problem.

i have a vf page which on beign closed should refresh the parent window. Lets take the following example.

i created a custom link on Account which opens a vf page in a new window. When i click a button on the vf page the parent window (i.e. the account page) should refresh. 

Any solutions are greatly appreciated.

Srikanth

HI,

I just got this doubt. Say we have batch apex which is updating accounts and we have a before update trigger on accounts. In this scenario how are the governor limits considered?

I have seen the following sentence in Force.com apex code developers guide.

"Use the future annotation to identify methods that are executed asynchronously.When you specify future, the method executes when Salesforce has available resources."

Can someone please elaborate on the phrase "available resources" please?

Hi All,

I need to add a formula while creating a report on custom object. I created the formula but i am unable to add the formula to the report. Any heads up on this will be helpful.

Thanks

Srikanth

So I'm on the Contact form, Case related list.  I click 'New' and get this in the URL:

/500/e?retURL=%2F0031a00000CYVQu&def_contact_id=0031a00000CYVQu&def_account_id=0011a00000EfLlb

So I'm thinking this ought to be easy to do.  I did it for the Account, a URL hack to create a new case.  It looked like this:

/500/e?def_account_id={!Account.Id}&retURL={!Account.Id}

But my setup to do it from the Contact form is just not working - Salesforce says there is no Account reference so I can't do this:

/500/e?retURL={!Contact.Id}&def_contact_id={!Contact.Id}&def_account_id={!Contact.AccountId  }}

or any variation of that.  Any thoughts?  I want to pass over both the account and contact defaults.

Appreciate any assistance.

Overriding NEW button of record detail page of custom OBJECT, no VF page found
I am trying to override standard SF page with a VF page for a custom object. For NEW button of the record detail page of a custom object, I want to replace that. But, no visualforce page is there to select from (image shown). The VF is associated with an apex class of custom controller. 
  • October 31, 2016
I am totally new to Visualforce and never coded HTML before. I am 2 challenges away (out of 9) to finish this and just can't figure out why I am still gettin this error message.
Here is the challenge:

User-added image
I believe I covered the highlighted items but don't have a clue about the ones circled with red.
I am under the impression that <apex:pageBlockTable value="{! Account }" var="a"> is a repeater as it keeps creating lines of Accounts,
as shown here:

User-added image
Below is my code:

<!-- Start -->

<apex:page standardController="Account" recordSetVar="accounts">
    <apex:form >
    <apex:pageBlock title="Accounts List">

<!-- Accounts List -->
        <apex:pageBlockTable value="{! Account }" var="a">
            <apex:column value="{! a.Name }"/>

</apex:pageBlockTable>

</apex:pageBlock>
  </apex:form>
</apex:page>

<!-- End -->

Any help explaining how to fix the error and complete the remaining tasks will be greatly appreciated.

I have an VisualForce page set up like this:
<apex:actionPoller interval="5" reRender="panel" action="{!getPanelRecords}"/>

<apex:outputPanel id="panel">
    <button onClick = "btnClick(this,'blue');" value="Change me blue"/>
    <button onClick = "btnClick(this,'red');" value="Change me red"/>
</apex:outputPanel>

<script>
    function btnClick(element, color) {
        this.attr('color', color);
    }
</script>

When I click the button, it will change color, But due to the panel getting rerendered, it will not persist between refreshes.

I was thinking of using the actionPoller onComplete event to get a list of id's and set the colors accordingly, but I'm not sure if there's an easier/better way to achieve this.

Can anybody recommend how to store the changed CSS on multiple elements between refreshes?
Hi, to all I am new in the extension controller here I try implement the function on the sorting to my visual force page but the sorting and pagination is not working together here(I already done the pagination only using the standard controller). So I check the developer console on my apex class it's provide the error on followingly in the image
User-added image
So I don't know how to clear this error so please help me to done this task.and my apex class is followingly,
public class AccountListViewController{
public List<Account> AccountsortList {get; set;}
public String SortingExpression = 'name';
public String DirectionOfSort = 'ASC';
public Integer NoOfRecords {get; set;}
public Integer Size{get; set;}

public AccountListViewController(ApexPages.StandardSetController controller) {
        AccountsortList = new List<Account>();
        ApexPages.StandardSetController ssc = new ApexPages.StandardSetController(AccountsortList);

}

/*public Integer pageNumber {
        get {
        return ssc.getpageNumber();
        }
        set;
    }*/
    public String ExpressionSort {
        get {
            return SortingExpression;
        }
        set {
            If(value == SortingExpression) {
                DirectionOfSort = (DirectionOfSort == 'ASC')? 'DESC' : 'ASC';
            }
            else {
                DirectionOfSort = 'ASC';
                SortingExpression = value;
            }
        }

}

public String getDirectionOfSort() {
        If(SortingExpression == Null || SortingExpression == '') {
            return 'DESC';
        }
        else {
            return DirectionOfSort;
        }
    }

public void setDirectionOfSort(String value) {
        DirectionOfSort = value;
    }

public List<Account>getAccounts() {
        return AccountsortList;
    }

public PageReference ViewData() {
        String FullSortExpression = SortingExpression + ' ' + DirectionOfSort;
        system.debug('SortingExpression:::::'+SortingExpression);
        system.debug(DirectionOfSort);

String Queryitem = ' SELECT Id, Name, Phone, BillingState, Type, Owner.Name, Website FROM Account WHERE Account.Name != Null ORDER BY ' + FullSortExpression +' Limit 10';
       system.debug(Queryitem);

AccountsortList = DataBase.query(Queryitem);
        system.debug(AccountsortList);
        return Null;
    }
}

For answer's thanks in advance.Thanks Mohan. 
Hi I am trying to fetch multiple objects and their records with the Task to display on VF pages. I know I can achive this using SOSL but we provide managed packages for the users so I cannot go with SOSL as it needs maintanence. I tried using SOQL but can only query one object at a time the query is Dynamic SOQL. Instead can I write the Dynamic SOQL query in For loop to achive this. Suggestions please. thanks 

Hi, Please let me know that can we use Enterprise WSDL file for 2 way connection with .net appilcation OR I need give Custom WSDl file , Now with enterprise WSDl other system getting all data from salesforce objects shall I proceed with this OR  now I need to make connection in both way
Hi Experts,

I am a really newbee with this Apex and SOQLs. 

How would I do this?

I would like to compare so I can get filtered results:

Logic would look like this:

query1: SELECT Id, Parent_ObjectA__c FROM Child_ObjectA__c 
query2: SELECT Id, Parent_ObjectA__c FROM Child_ObjectB__c

I would like to grab the IDs of Child Records, from two different Child Objects, that looks up on the same Parent  Record.

How would I do this?

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks !

FYI: I am really dumb with APEX so if you can have additional remarks, I would really appreciate it.
Since I have gotten great assistance previously, thought I'd request more assistance with yet another validation rule. I get no syntax errors and the validtion rules fires but only when all fields referenced are null.
Here is what the business wants:
If there is nothing in the DB Manufacturer field, and the sub type is EBR/EFR Needs Office Review then
• EITHER Boiler Type OR Furnace Type needs to be input
• Both of the following fields need to be supplied:
MFG Year
Fuel Type

This is what I have created:
DB_Manufacturer__c  = ""  && ISPICKVAL(Sub_Type__c, 'EBR/EFR Needs Office Review') && ISPICKVAL(Boiler_Type__c, '') && ISPICKVAL(Furnace_Type__c, '') && (ISBLANK(MFG_Year__c) || ISPICKVAL(Fuel_Type__c, '') || ISBLANK( Manufacturer__c ))

Once I select a Boiler Type and no other fields, the validation rules no longer fires. There has to be something with my grouping or AND's and Or's.
Any assistance is appreciated.
Hi All,

I have recently started working as a salesforce developer and I have a new requirement. My company uses two salesforce orgs for two different kinds of businesses. And now they require to display data on a custom object in one org to be displayed in another org.
For example, We have two orgs org1 and org2 and the requirement is to diplay the data on cusotm object in org1 to be displayed in org2. Can anyone suggest how this can be achieved?
Hi All,

I am currently working on a Apex class, That's perform different functionalities.

Like pagination, search by keyword, and selecting the records and sending some of the data to second page. And in second page have some input text fields that were not a object fileds inturn they are individual fields which will autopopulate with default values when redirected from first page. Now here i need to enter the data for some input fields and on button click it will calculate the rest of the inpit fileds based on the data provided. Fot this calculation and passing the data i am writing a javascript junction. Here i am coming up with  a problem.

The problem is-
the values that were calculated in page using javascript were not passing to controller. Please can anyone help me on how to acomplish this task..
Here i have a pageblock table records that needs to be passed to controller.

Thank You.
I'm looking for a Trigger to do the following:

On Create Opportunity
Loop through Account Contacts (That's Contacts, NOT Contact Roles)
  If Contact.UserRole__c (a custom field on the contact object) = 'Billing'
      Store Contact ID in Opportunity.Billing_Contact__c (a custom lookup field on the Opportunity object)
  Else
      If Contact.UserRole__c (a custom field on the contact object) = 'Shipping'
          Store Contact ID in Opportunity.Shipping_Contact__c (a custom lookup field on the Opportunity object)
      Else
          ignore and go to next Account Contact

Thanks in advance!!  This is such a great Developer Community!  I'm not a developer but I can usually "modify" code if someone can get me started.
Map<Id,String> userEmail = new Map<Id, String>{};
    List<User> userList = [SELECT Id, Email FROM User WHERE IsActive = TRUE];
    Map<Id, String> acctMap = new Map<Id, String>{};
    List<Account> acctList = [SELECT Id, Tech_Rep_Mgr__c FROM Account];
    for(User u : userList){
        userEmail.put(u.Id, u.Email);
    }
    for(Account a : acctList){
        acctMap.put(a.Id, a.Tech_Rep_Mgr__c);
    }
I'm working with the LiveAgent custom routing pilot and you have to implement a LiveAgent.LiveChatRouter.  This class runs in the background when a new chat is ready to be routed.  Since i'm in the vast minority working with this API, i suppose it is most like when you create a rest endpoint in apex.  I'm not seeing any traces for this class in the developer console, and believe it isn't running at all.  I do see see traces when my rest endpoint classes run, so i'm thinking it is an issue with this API.  

Does anyone else have suggestions on how to debug this class?  I should expect to see it in the console, right?

Hi All,

When I am viewing the case detail view , I am able to see mini layouts of all the related fields such as owner, account , contact.

But mini layout is nt showing up for Asset field.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Palak Agarwal

• May 07, 2013