Hi All,

I have a custom button with the following URL:

/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?
ent=Contract
&save_new_url= /800/e?CF00Nf0000000Za1A={!Opportunity.Name}
&CF00Nf0000000Za1A_lkid={!Opportunity.Id}
&accid={!Opportunity.AccountId}
&retURL=%2F{!Opportunity.Id}

All works well, except when the user hits Cancel.  Upon Cancel, it returns the User to his home page, not the previous Opportunity like I was hoping.  See anything wrong with the above URL?  Thanks!

Hi All,

I had to encrypt the Social Security field (SSN).  But our company has a website (portal) that references the salesforce database and returns data to the wesite BASED on the user entering the SSN.  I gave the 'user' that is querying the salesforce database "view encrypted data" rights, but the system is still not able to find any records.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hi All,

I am trying to essentially create a rollup summary on a parent lookup relationship.  I have seen lots of triggers out there that look WAY too complicated for me!  Essentially what I am trying to do is select a checkbox on the Opportunity record if there is at least ONE approved Deal (Approval Status = Approved on the custom object Deal related to Opportunity).

Is there an easier way to accomplish this other than a rollup trigger?  Unfortunately, I cannot switch this relationship to M/D, so I'm stuck with some sort of workaround.

Thanks much!!

Hi All,

I am trying to essentially create a rollup summary on a parent lookup relationship.  I have seen lots of triggers out there that look WAY too complicated for me!  Essentially what I am trying to do is select a checkbox on the Opportunity record if there is at least ONE approved Deal (Approval Status = Approved on the custom object Deal related to Opportunity).

Is there an easier way to accomplish this other than a rollup trigger?  Unfortunately, I cannot switch this relationship to M/D, so I'm stuck with some sort of workaround.

Thanks much!!

Hi All,

I had to switch a relationship from Lookup to M/D between Opportunity and a custom object.  Now my Opp reports are hosed!

This report can no longer be edited or run. Your administrator has disabled all reports for the custom object, or its relationships have changed.

Any thoughts????  I also recently refreshed a SBX org, so all the 'broken' reports are there...and the change from Lookup to M/D relationship was NOT done in this org.  Can I move the reports from SBX to PRD to fix the issue?

Thanks!

Hi All,

Is it possible to have a WFR create a record on a different object? My gutt tells me this is a trigger, but thought I'd check with the experts first! 

Thanks!

I have some config on my personal Developer Org that I would like to copy over to my current Client sandbox org.  Is there a way to do this, or do I need to re-config in the Client org?  Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Given the following example:

I'm on record A.  I go to a related list on Record A and click NEW which takes me to a junction object.  After I save the system takes me to the View screen of the junction object.  I would like the user to be taken back to the view screen of Record A.

After doing some research on the sfdc Answers community, it seems like I need to override the Save button with a custom VF page.  Anyone have any sample code I might use?  VF is completely new to me.  Thanks!

Is there a way to limit the Case list view to show only Queues that a particular user is a member of?  Right now we have 100+ queues, and the typical user only has access to a few, yet they see all 100+ in the list view.

Thanks!

Hi All,

I am with an Org that has several thousand users and several hundred Case Queues.  Given that the Queues have are already been created, and the Users have already been uploaded, is it possible to now assign Users to a Queue or Queues with the Data Loader?

I have read a few posts about exporting the Queue ID's from the QueueSobject object and matching them up with an export from the GroupMember object, but the posts were somewhat vague.

Thanks!

Hi All,

Can you eliminate the ability to download a file in Salesforce Content @ the Workspace-privilege level?

Thanks!

-Steve

Hi All,

I am trying to populate a field based on a date in another field.  For a given date, I would like to backdate the date to the first day of the calendar year Quarter.  For example, if the date in Field A is 5/15/11, I would like to formulate the date in Field B to be 4/1/11.

Thanks for your help!

Steve

Hi All,

I have a custom button with the following URL:

/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?
ent=Contract
&save_new_url= /800/e?CF00Nf0000000Za1A={!Opportunity.Name}
&CF00Nf0000000Za1A_lkid={!Opportunity.Id}
&accid={!Opportunity.AccountId}
&retURL=%2F{!Opportunity.Id}

All works well, except when the user hits Cancel.  Upon Cancel, it returns the User to his home page, not the previous Opportunity like I was hoping.  See anything wrong with the above URL?  Thanks!

Hi All,

Thanks much!!

Hi All,

Is it possible to have a WFR create a record on a different object? My gutt tells me this is a trigger, but thought I'd check with the experts first! 

Thanks!

I have some config on my personal Developer Org that I would like to copy over to my current Client sandbox org.  Is there a way to do this, or do I need to re-config in the Client org?  Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Given the following example:

I'm on record A.  I go to a related list on Record A and click NEW which takes me to a junction object.  After I save the system takes me to the View screen of the junction object.  I would like the user to be taken back to the view screen of Record A.

After doing some research on the sfdc Answers community, it seems like I need to override the Save button with a custom VF page.  Anyone have any sample code I might use?  VF is completely new to me.  Thanks!

Is this available for download / installation anywhere?  Reading the book I'd like to see it installed.  My organization is looking at developing a similar app and having hands on access to this application would be very helpful.

I found a similar, but not the same free recruiting app in the AppExchange.

Hi All,

Can you eliminate the ability to download a file in Salesforce Content @ the Workspace-privilege level?

Thanks!

-Steve

Hi All,

I am trying to populate a field based on a date in another field.  For a given date, I would like to backdate the date to the first day of the calendar year Quarter.  For example, if the date in Field A is 5/15/11, I would like to formulate the date in Field B to be 4/1/11.

Thanks for your help!

Steve