• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I was not able to go to Dreamforce 11, but I got a email newsletter from Salesforce.com that provided a link to some of the DF11 technical sessions that are posted on YouTube.  The one that immediately caught my attention was the one about SiteForce.  Rather than wade through an hour-long presentation, though, I thought I'd try to get info directly from Salesforce.com.  If you go to the SiteForce promo page (http://www.salesforce.com/platform/siteforce/), you see a "Sign Me Up" button, and "Pricing & Editions" link under a "Next Steps" box, both of which take you to the promo page for Force.com (http://www.salesforce.com/platform/platform-edition/).  Naturally, I was confused by this, so I tried to use SF.com's live chat to get an answer; the rep that I spoke to barely knew what I was talking about, and certainly was not helpful.

Does anyone here know if this is just a repackaging of Force.com Sites, or is this something truly new?  Furthermore, would this be available in a testing version via your developer site, or is this something only available with a full-scale SF.com CRM license?  As someone who does Web sites for smaller scale businesses on the side occasionally, I can see the potential for this being a replacement for the traditional "web host" type site, if it's affordable.

• October 27, 2011

I am developing a simple app to help our sales reps manage orders of product samples sent to customers.  I am currently writing a trigger on the insert event of a custom object called Sample Order.  The code is below; as you will see, I'm getting errors on two lines - the line where I set the Task.WhatId and Task.OwnerId.  Can someone help me with this, please?  I'm very new to Salesforce.com and Apex code.  Thanks!

trigger CreateOrderTask on Sample_Order__c (after insert) {
    Task orderTask = new Task();
    orderTask.ActivityDate = date.today() + 7;

// ERROR for line below is "Illegal assignment from Schema.SObjectField to Id"
    orderTask.WhatId = Sample_Order__c.id;

// ERROR for line below is "Illegal assignment from Schema.SObjectField to Id
    // Sales_Rep__c is a reference field to User object
    orderTask.OwnerId = Sample_Order__c.Sales_Rep__c.Id;

orderTask.Priority = 'High';
    orderTask.Status = 'Not Started';
    orderTask.Subject = 'Sample Order Request for ' + Sample_Order__c.Account__c.Name;
    orderTask.IsReminderSet = true;
    orderTask.ReminderDateTime = datetime.now() + 7;
    Insert orderTask;
}

• October 11, 2011

Hello,

I was not able to go to Dreamforce 11, but I got a email newsletter from Salesforce.com that provided a link to some of the DF11 technical sessions that are posted on YouTube.  The one that immediately caught my attention was the one about SiteForce.  Rather than wade through an hour-long presentation, though, I thought I'd try to get info directly from Salesforce.com.  If you go to the SiteForce promo page (http://www.salesforce.com/platform/siteforce/), you see a "Sign Me Up" button, and "Pricing & Editions" link under a "Next Steps" box, both of which take you to the promo page for Force.com (http://www.salesforce.com/platform/platform-edition/).  Naturally, I was confused by this, so I tried to use SF.com's live chat to get an answer; the rep that I spoke to barely knew what I was talking about, and certainly was not helpful.

Does anyone here know if this is just a repackaging of Force.com Sites, or is this something truly new?  Furthermore, would this be available in a testing version via your developer site, or is this something only available with a full-scale SF.com CRM license?  As someone who does Web sites for smaller scale businesses on the side occasionally, I can see the potential for this being a replacement for the traditional "web host" type site, if it's affordable.

• October 27, 2011

I am developing a simple app to help our sales reps manage orders of product samples sent to customers.  I am currently writing a trigger on the insert event of a custom object called Sample Order.  The code is below; as you will see, I'm getting errors on two lines - the line where I set the Task.WhatId and Task.OwnerId.  Can someone help me with this, please?  I'm very new to Salesforce.com and Apex code.  Thanks!

trigger CreateOrderTask on Sample_Order__c (after insert) {
    Task orderTask = new Task();
    orderTask.ActivityDate = date.today() + 7;

// ERROR for line below is "Illegal assignment from Schema.SObjectField to Id"
    orderTask.WhatId = Sample_Order__c.id;

// ERROR for line below is "Illegal assignment from Schema.SObjectField to Id
    // Sales_Rep__c is a reference field to User object
    orderTask.OwnerId = Sample_Order__c.Sales_Rep__c.Id;

orderTask.Priority = 'High';
    orderTask.Status = 'Not Started';
    orderTask.Subject = 'Sample Order Request for ' + Sample_Order__c.Account__c.Name;
    orderTask.IsReminderSet = true;
    orderTask.ReminderDateTime = datetime.now() + 7;
    Insert orderTask;
}

• October 11, 2011