• 5 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am looking to do javascript client-side validation for apex:inputfile field on a visualforce page to check for

1. Required

2. File-size.

Was wondering if there is a code sample or some documentation on the same. Really appreciate any help on the same.

• September 26, 2011

Hi Everyone,

when I try to install Eclipse Juno 4.2 with the force.com IDE I get the following error message:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: Force.com IDE 25.0.0.201206181021 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 25.0.0.201206181021)
  Missing requirement: Force.com IDE 25.0.0.201206181021 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 25.0.0.201206181021) requires 'org.eclipse.update.ui 0.0.0' but it could not be found

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Kind regards,

Otto

• July 02, 2012

I am getting this error trying to deploy a few reports to our full sandbox. Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?

BTW, the reports that are giving the error, are just basic reports, no joined reports, It is really just a report on Accounts with Opportunities

I am looking to do javascript client-side validation for apex:inputfile field on a visualforce page to check for

1. Required

2. File-size.

Was wondering if there is a code sample or some documentation on the same. Really appreciate any help on the same.

• September 26, 2011

Hi,

I have requirement to sort cases by Milestone due date. Salesforce.com has CaseMilestone object which has Target Date and I guess that is Milestone due date. I want to create List view on Case object, but while creating new view I am not able to extract Case Milestone fields. Why cant we have SlaDueDate field just like SlaExitDate and SlaStartDate on case? It will help us to find out when is the next milestone due date.

Any idea how to achieve this?

Thanks,

Ankur 

Hi,

We are having a issue with the File Input (attachment). Issue description is described below.

In the visualforce page, we have made a validation on the attachment for the size of 2 MB. Now conditions are as below:

(i) If the uploaded attachment has size less than or equal to 2 MB then it works properly and attachment insertion proceed successfully.

(ii) If the uploaded attachment has size greater than 2 MB and upto 25 MB then it gives proper error message from the controller.

(iii) Issue arise in this situation. As the uploaded attachment size is greater then 25 MB then salesforce gives it's own error message 'Error : This file exceeds the maximum size limit of 25 MB.' and makes attachment null.

I tried to solve this on the client side with the jQuery. jQuery code worked properly in the html page and I was able to get the full filepath but as I merged that code in visualforce page then I just get the filename, not the exact file path and so unable to get size client side.

I want to make 2 MB size validation in all the scenarios.

Please share your views.

thanks,

crmtech21

This should be super-simple, I'm just not seeing how to fix this.  I'd like to output HTML (a simple <br>) IF a certain condition is made.  Here is a snippet of my code:

<apex:outputField value="{!facility.Facility_Address_1__c}" />
{! IF(facility.Facility_Address_2__c!='','<br/>','NOPE')}
<apex:outputField value="{!facility.Facility_Address_2__c}" />

Basically, just want to output the first line of the address, if there is a second line to the address, add a new line break, then output the second line of the address.  Instead of a new line break, all I get is straight text, "<br/>" is stuck between the two address lines.

I also tried using br() and HTMLENCODE to no avail...even tried moving the text concatenation to the controller...I'm so lost...

• January 06, 2011

Note I'm not positive the subject of this post is the true reason for the bug.  The other possible explanation is:

Dynamic SOQL requires namespace prefixes when called in global context

Anyway, the bug is:

Our managed package occasionally uses Dynamic SOQL.  In one case, we have a controller that uses Database.query() without any namespace prefixes:

Database.query('select CustomField__c from CustomObject__c');

In another case, we call Database.getQueryLocator() (as part of a Database.Batchable implementation).  That query also does not include the namespace prefix:

global Database.queryLocator start(Database.BatchableContext bc) {
return Database.getQueryLocator('select CustomField__c from CustomObject__c');
}

All of this works in our DE org, but once packaged & deployed, only the first one works.

The second ("getQueryLocator") throws an exception:

Developer script exception from iHance : 'i.Maintenance' : common.exception.ApiQueryException: No such column 'CustomField__c' on entity 'i__CustomObject__c'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

I'm not sure if the bug is that getQueryLocator() requires the namespace prefix, or if Dynamic SOQL methods called in the global context do.  Without re-packaging everything to create a test case, there's no way for me to tell.

Salesforce support - I've created case 03501471 to track this issue.

• April 23, 2010