• 50 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Our inside sales group is compnesated on their opportunities that make it to a the second stage (Stage B for us).  Therefore I need to run a report at the end of each month displaying which opportunities have moved to Stage B during that month.

I need a field to caputre "Stage Change Date" or something along those lines.  How would I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance for all of your great suggestions.

Hi, I am working on setting up an email notification to be sent once an account record is deleted. I have looked into workflows but it would seem a trigger is a better avenue of approach. I am still learning how to write triggers so am not 100% sure how to leverage once a record is deleted. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Hi all,

I have a workflow that sends out an email when the value changes on a support case when the field changes. The field that is set up for the workflow to look for is a formula to mirror the parent case field. TEXT(Parent.Engineering_Status_Update_c).

The workflow is set up with the evaluation criteria "When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria." The Rule criteria is designated with the field name - contains - value with a filter logic of "or" between the 5 selections.

My problem is the workflow is not working lol... Everything is activated. My theory is that since the field is a formula and it's just mirroring the parent case, the case isn't actually updating. The last modified date doesn't change ect... 

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Does anyone have or know how to create a validation formula that states if the Case Record Type is "x" then the Case Owner must be "x". I have a workflow assignment that chooses the queue owner automatically however the field isn't locked once the change impliments and we don't want the owner field to change.

Ex) Case Owner = Engineering

Case Record Type = Engineering

We are trying to avoid Engineering from changing the owner to a queue or an individual. If these two fields are as is, then it must always be true.

Thanks for your help!!!

Hi, I am working on setting up an email notification to be sent once an account record is deleted. I have looked into workflows but it would seem a trigger is a better avenue of approach. I am still learning how to write triggers so am not 100% sure how to leverage once a record is deleted. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

how to autopopulated the contact into opportunity.

1. i created one contact record. after i created one opportunity for that contact.

now i need populate the contact in opportunity. using formulas or custom links or workflow rules and trigger. how can i  solve this problem please help me

pls help me................

• February 27, 2012

Hi all,

I have a workflow that sends out an email when the value changes on a support case when the field changes. The field that is set up for the workflow to look for is a formula to mirror the parent case field. TEXT(Parent.Engineering_Status_Update_c).

The workflow is set up with the evaluation criteria "When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria." The Rule criteria is designated with the field name - contains - value with a filter logic of "or" between the 5 selections.

My problem is the workflow is not working lol... Everything is activated. My theory is that since the field is a formula and it's just mirroring the parent case, the case isn't actually updating. The last modified date doesn't change ect... 

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Our inside sales group is compnesated on their opportunities that make it to a the second stage (Stage B for us).  Therefore I need to run a report at the end of each month displaying which opportunities have moved to Stage B during that month.

I need a field to caputre "Stage Change Date" or something along those lines.  How would I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance for all of your great suggestions.

Does anyone have or know how to create a validation formula that states if the Case Record Type is "x" then the Case Owner must be "x". I have a workflow assignment that chooses the queue owner automatically however the field isn't locked once the change impliments and we don't want the owner field to change.

Ex) Case Owner = Engineering

Case Record Type = Engineering

We are trying to avoid Engineering from changing the owner to a queue or an individual. If these two fields are as is, then it must always be true.

Thanks for your help!!!