• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello!

We would like to customizw default community login page. Currently it looks like this out-og-box. http://screencast.com/t/dd4vOgCZHV Is there a way to
- Change locaton of "Not a member", "Forgot password"
- Hide certain links/text
- Replace username with email 

I know we can build custom VF pages, but that is not what we really need. Thank you in advance. 

regards
Mitesh.

Any idea why customer portal users will get this error "salesforce sObject type 'AssignmentRule' is not supported." 

We have overridden the case submission form. And have a SOQL that fails for customer portal users. 

SOQL:

AssignmentRule AR = new AssignmentRule(); 
AR = [select id from AssignmentRule where SobjectType = 'Case' and Active = true limit 1];

Hello!

I am trying to display multiple chatter communities on force.com site. Any idea how I can do that? If I try to have multiple "chatteranswers:allfeeds" tag on VF page I get this error "Only one Chatter Answers component may appear on a page"

A customer portal user can see community picker, but not un-registered user (force.com site). Please advice.

Hello!

I need to access sharing for an opportunity via a custon controller. Currently if I query 

[SELECT OpportunityId, UserOrGroupId, OpportunityAccessLevel, RowCause FROM OpportunityShare WHERE OpportunityId = '006Z00000xxxxxx']

I only get the sharing as per "Opportunity Sales Team". Is there a way where can I get all the user who have read/write to that record? Just like in the UI, when you hit Sharring >> Expand List.. 

thanks
Mitesh

this is bizarre.. 

I have a sample class to test Sales Team:

OpportunityTeamMember member = new OpportunityTeamMember();
member.OpportunityId = '006Z0000002xxxxxx';
member.UserId = '005Z00000xxxxxx';
member.TeamMemberRole = 'FAE';

insert member;

I get error: Save error: unexpected token: '=' on line 2,3,and 4. Why is this happening? This is driving me crazy.. 

Hello!

We would like to customizw default community login page. Currently it looks like this out-og-box. http://screencast.com/t/dd4vOgCZHV Is there a way to
- Change locaton of "Not a member", "Forgot password"
- Hide certain links/text
- Replace username with email 

I know we can build custom VF pages, but that is not what we really need. Thank you in advance. 

regards
Mitesh.

Any idea why customer portal users will get this error "salesforce sObject type 'AssignmentRule' is not supported." 

We have overridden the case submission form. And have a SOQL that fails for customer portal users. 

SOQL:

AssignmentRule AR = new AssignmentRule(); 
AR = [select id from AssignmentRule where SobjectType = 'Case' and Active = true limit 1];

Hello!

I am trying to display multiple chatter communities on force.com site. Any idea how I can do that? If I try to have multiple "chatteranswers:allfeeds" tag on VF page I get this error "Only one Chatter Answers component may appear on a page"

A customer portal user can see community picker, but not un-registered user (force.com site). Please advice.

Here is the code:

public void psiFailed()
{
Logger.info(ir, 'psiFailed() called. Inserting Case.');
Case c = new Case();
c.Type = 'Arbitration';
c.Reason = 'Undisclosed Damage';
c.Description = 'PSI FAILED: ' + ir.PSI_Review_Comments__c;
c.Inspection_Request__c = ir.Id;
c.OwnerId = UserInfo.getUserId();
c.RecordTypeId = Utils.getRecordTypeId('Case', 'Arbitration - Open');
c.VIN__c = ir.Purchase__c;
try{
insert c;
}catch(System.DmlException e){
for (Integer i = 0; i < e.getNumDml(); i++) {
if(e.getDmlType(i) == StatusCode.FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION){
ir.addError(e.getDmlMessage(i));
}
}
}
Logger.flush();
Logger.flush();
}

It's being passed in the Insepction Request object (ir) and creates a new Case if the ir failed. The error occurs on line 60 which is the line "addError" is called. I checked the forms and most people mentioned the object not being in the Trigger Context when addError is called on it. However since my trigger calls this function, I do believe it's in the context. I can provide more data if needed.

Thanks,

-Eric

I want to allow people to register for an event I have created a VFP for this however I'm not sure how to allow "Anonymous" people to access this page ( people who do not have salse force accounts).  What are the setps involved in this.

Thansk.

this is bizarre.. 

I have a sample class to test Sales Team:

OpportunityTeamMember member = new OpportunityTeamMember();
member.OpportunityId = '006Z0000002xxxxxx';
member.UserId = '005Z00000xxxxxx';
member.TeamMemberRole = 'FAE';

insert member;

I get error: Save error: unexpected token: '=' on line 2,3,and 4. Why is this happening? This is driving me crazy.. 

Hello,

I am creating a VF page in my org BUT I want to be able to expose it (once completed) in any one of my custromers website (not under the Force.com Sites platform).  

The idea is that every customer of mine should be able to see this reservation visualforce page in one of their webpages for their sites. The visualforce page should be able to send information to SF and then retrieve reuslts to which the customer will be able to select one of those results and send it back to SF for creating the custom record.

Imagine a hotel with a reservations component calling to SF to get the available rooms based on user input. Then displaying it in the webpage and sending back the selection from the user for processing in SF. This would resoult in a reservation record created in SF and more workflow to fire off.

I am not sure how to approach this....Any ideas?

Hi,

While creating a list button, it asks me "Display Checkboxes (for Multi-Record Selection)" ? May I know how do I take advantage of it in my custom list button?

Selecting the option does show checkbox next to each line item in the related list, but thats about it. I want to take action only on selected records, how can I do it? 

Any idea, reference? 

Thanks. 

I have a list of a custom object that I display on a VisualForce page using a dataTable. The dataTable has four columns. The first is outputText, the second and third inputText, and the fourth inputCheckbox. The user modifies the contents of the inputText and inputCheckbox and then saves (updates). Initially everything works as expected. However after a few successful saves I always get the following error message:

<apex:inputText> element value must resolve to a String type!

If I log out, close the browser, and then return to the page I still get the error. I've read a few articles related to this type of functionality and my code seems to be using the correct approach.

Any thoughts on this?

Here is the code:

Code:
public class UpdateContractUsageStats {

private final List<Contract_Usage_Data__c> ContractUsageData;

public UpdateContractUsageStats() {

ContractUsageData = [Select Id, Usage_Report_Interval_Label__c, Usage_Report_Date__c, UsageLives__c, UsageAmount__c, Usage_Report_Certified__c From Contract_Usage_Data__c Where Contract__c=: ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('cid')];
        }

public PageReference save() {
   try{
    update ContractUsageData;
   }
   catch(DmlException ex){
    ApexPages.addMessages(ex);
   }
   return null;
  }

public List<Contract_Usage_Data__c> getContractUsageData(){
                return ContractUsageData;
        }
}

Code:
<apex:page controller="UpdateContractUsageStats">
 <apex:messages />
    <apex:form >
        <apex:dataTable value="{!ContractUsageData}" var="intervalData" id="theTable" rowClasses="odd,even" styleClass="tableClass">
            <apex:column width="25%">
                    <apex:facet name="header">Interval</apex:facet>
                    <apex:outputText value="{!intervalData.Usage_Report_Interval_Label__c}"/>
            </apex:column>
            <apex:column >
                    <apex:facet name="header">Usage Lives</apex:facet>
                    <apex:inputText value="{!intervalData.UsageLives__c}" disabled="{!intervalData.Usage_Report_Certified__c}"/>
                    <apex:facet name="header">Usage Amount</apex:facet>
                    <apex:inputText value="{!intervalData.UsageAmount__c}" disabled="{!intervalData.Usage_Report_Certified__c}"/>
                    <apex:facet name="header">Certified</apex:facet>
                    <apex:inputCheckbox value="{!intervalData.Usage_Report_Certified__c}" disabled="{!intervalData.Usage_Report_Certified__c}"/>
        </apex:dataTable>
        <apex:commandButton value="Update Statistics" id="theButton" action="{!save}"/>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

• October 16, 2008