• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
how to create leads form pardot landing page url. Please advice.
I am trying to use Process Builder to update a Lead record on create or update. It fires OK on Update but it does not seem to fire on Create reliably.
To test, I am just sending an email alert to see when it fires and it seems to fire ok on:

1) Create in UI
2) Update in UI

It does NOT seem to fire on:
1) API Insert from a Form
2) Insert Leads using the Insert tool on the SF Lead Page (just 2 records) .

Is this still fundamenatlly Beta code..should I cut my losses and just do it all in a trigger?

Is there any new inexpensive support coming for using WAVE in one Org and have it pull data from other ORGs in our environment. This is for a Non Profit and spending a lot of money on 3rd party integration or Connect for multi org is not in the cards. Thanks.
Anyone have trigger code handy to disallow the  ability to add two users with same role in Opportunity Teams?
Is there a clean way to support multiple Access-Control-Allow-Origin domains for access to my REST Apex class?

I tried adding the domains by adding each one individually....e.g. 

res.addHeader('Access-Control-Allow-Origin'.' ....etc.
res.addHeader('Access-Control-Allow-Origin' ... etc.

I trield res.addHeader('Access-Control-Allow-Origin''http://domaina.com, http://domainb.com');

no go 

Do I have to interrogate who is calling and then do an addheader allowing that domain? 

If so, any example code out there for that? 

Hoping there is an easier path on that. 

• September 12, 2014
I need to call an external REST service in a VF EDIT Page (I have one created from scratch...not Standard Page) and update an Inputfield. This is all to be done before a record is saved either through a button on the page or ONBLUR

I already have a functioning APEX class doing the callout if that is a better approach than doing it directly in the page. I am not sure the page will proxy out right or not or if there will be a CORS prob if its not done in the APEX Class. 

Anyway...looking for some ideas on how to best implement this. 

Thanks for any thoughts or even better short examples!! ;) 
  • September 04, 2014
We have used outbound messaging to a standard server no problem. We are now trying to message from SF using Outbound Messaging ang getting the infamous 

javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated

We are using ssl, 8443 and have a public CA SSL cert for the Websphere side.

We are rally hitting the brick wall on this one....anyone have some RECENT solutions to this...especially with Websphere?

Thanks
I have an APEX Public REST service running. When I try to access with jQuery Javascript I get a lot of mixed results. 

If I include the header Access-Control-Allow-Origin for the calling site in my APEX, then the call works OK.

If I do NOT include Access-Control-Allow-Origin in the APEX Class then I will get a Javascript Access-Control-Allow-Origin Error. 

If I do NOT include Access-Control-Allow-Origin and pass the URL in GETJSON with ?callback=? I get a 200 code but GETJSON send a parsererror

Question is...is there any way to allow GETJSON or Javascript in general to use this public REST endpoint WITHOUT specifying the site in Access-Control-Allow-Origin Header?
I am getting an error using jQuery getJSON calling to my Apex public REST service. It seems to always return "parsererror". 
This is a cross domain call  so that is why I am using getJSON  

If I invoke the Apex WS through url alone or CURL the JSON back looks good and validates. 

If I use my JQ and call another public service and leave everything else the same...it works. 

It seems to fail only calling my FORCE.COM WS.

This is in my SANDBOX. 

any pointers would be appreciated...
Is there a SOQL query out there to return all users and their profile who have access to a given object? I am trying to print out security profiles and would rather not do this by hand.  p.s. Many are just in Profiles...not in separate Permission Sets. 

I need to send messages to Opportunity Contact Roles based on changes to aTriggered Value. 

I have most of that working but it seems that setTargetObjectID is not  available for the Opportunity Object....only Leads, Contacts or Users.

I could build a map of Contacts and Opportunity ID's and use the contact as the setTargetObjectID

and use the Opportunity as the setWhatId ..... but I am thinking the Email will only get logged in Activity against the Contact as the main object and not the Opportunity. 

I suspect the only reason that the other objects can't use setTargetObjectID is that they do not have an "email" filed by default. Another frustrating Salesforce pothole.  Has anyone had success getting them to enable it for their org?

Are there any other approaches out there?

I have a trigger which sends an email when a certain condition arises in a Lead. 

The Email template looks like this: 

{!Lead.OwnerFullName}
{!Lead.OwnerTitle} 
{!Lead.OwnerEmail} 
{!Lead.OwnerPhone} 

Somehow, the OwnerFullName will not resolve regularly in this template but all the other fieds resolve fine. 

Any ideas out there? 

There are a lot of posts about problems about saving the selected tab when using <apex:tabpanel>. Is there a CLEAN way to do this? Some of the examples think there is a URL that says tab="xyz" at the end....which is not necessarily the case. 

I can detect the click and I have a simple controller that COULD persist something in a set/get but I am having problems cleanly connecting the two. I could go on to the Javascript/Cookie model but I am hoping there is something cleaner. 

Who has a CURRENT working verion of a clean way to persist the selected tab out there. In my VF page, I have a tab panel with 4 tabs that have enhancedlists inside them. If a user picks an item (task or case) to view then hits the back button in the browser...it defaults back to the inital tab....very annoying for a user. 

This is something I think SF should just FIX this correctly....but really...anybody out there fixed this in WInter 12 with APEX:TABPANEL?

Thanks in advance. 

Is there a clean way to support multiple Access-Control-Allow-Origin domains for access to my REST Apex class?

I tried adding the domains by adding each one individually....e.g. 

res.addHeader('Access-Control-Allow-Origin'.' ....etc.
res.addHeader('Access-Control-Allow-Origin' ... etc.

I trield res.addHeader('Access-Control-Allow-Origin''http://domaina.com, http://domainb.com');

no go 

Do I have to interrogate who is calling and then do an addheader allowing that domain? 

If so, any example code out there for that? 

Hoping there is an easier path on that. 

• September 12, 2014
We have used outbound messaging to a standard server no problem. We are now trying to message from SF using Outbound Messaging ang getting the infamous 

javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated

We are using ssl, 8443 and have a public CA SSL cert for the Websphere side.

We are rally hitting the brick wall on this one....anyone have some RECENT solutions to this...especially with Websphere?

Thanks
I am getting an error using jQuery getJSON calling to my Apex public REST service. It seems to always return "parsererror". 
This is a cross domain call  so that is why I am using getJSON  

If I invoke the Apex WS through url alone or CURL the JSON back looks good and validates. 

If I use my JQ and call another public service and leave everything else the same...it works. 

It seems to fail only calling my FORCE.COM WS.

This is in my SANDBOX. 

any pointers would be appreciated...

I need to send messages to Opportunity Contact Roles based on changes to aTriggered Value. 

I have most of that working but it seems that setTargetObjectID is not  available for the Opportunity Object....only Leads, Contacts or Users.

I could build a map of Contacts and Opportunity ID's and use the contact as the setTargetObjectID

and use the Opportunity as the setWhatId ..... but I am thinking the Email will only get logged in Activity against the Contact as the main object and not the Opportunity. 

I suspect the only reason that the other objects can't use setTargetObjectID is that they do not have an "email" filed by default. Another frustrating Salesforce pothole.  Has anyone had success getting them to enable it for their org?

Are there any other approaches out there?

I need to have Salesforce automatically send an email to the Primary Contact Role on an opportunity, when the opportunity is created only (not updated), when the created opportunity meets very specific criteria in 4 of its fields.

I can get this to work for one-off opps created in the UI with a combination of a trigger and a workflow rule with email alert, BUT, this is not a viable solution, because I'm hitting governor limits when opps are created in bulk.

Any code help that a dev can provide would be much appreciated.

Here are the requirements for this to work:

If:

An opportunity is created

And the following criteria are TRUE regarding that opportunity:

• Opportunity Creator = “Salesforce Leads RT”
  • Opportunity Record Type = “Custom Services”
  • Opportunity field called Service_Type__c  = “Quick Start”
  • Opportunity field called Referring_Group__c = “In-Product Sale”

Then:

Send an email from Salesforce to the Contact Role on that opportunity listed as the Primary Contact on that opportunity

Note: the email should be sent using a custom template that is already created and saved in Salesforce with name “Test”.  If this is not possible and there is some other way to send the email subject/body, that is fine, as long as I can modify the subject/body content

We have a beta version of a functional equivalent of TRUNCATE SQL available on Sandbox organizations. Please open a case with support if you would like to try it out.  We will make a decision on when to GA based on adoption and feedback.

Truncating a custom object does the following:

• Permanently disassociates ALL the object's data records from the object. You will not be able to operate on them using this object and they will not be recoverable from the Recycle Bin.
  • Recalculates values in Roll Up Summary Fields in parent objects that reference the object. You will not be able to recover the values that existed prior to the truncate. 
  • Creates a "shadow" custom object . This is a deleted custom object  associated with the truncated data records. Its name consists of the truncated object's name suffixed by "_trunc_n" where n is the number of times the object has been truncated. Like any deleted object, the shadow object will appear in the deleted objects list until you permanently erase the object and its data, or 45 days have passed. While it is in the deleted objects list  you can undelete the "shadow" and the data stored in it to create a new custom object. An undeleted  "shadow" custom object will not be a clone of the truncated table. It will not have any of the truncated object's :
      • relationships with other objects. Any foreign key fields will be converted to read-only text fields.
      • Autonumbers. AutoNumber fields  will be converted to read-only text fields
      • workflow rules or actions 
      • reports
      • formula fields
      • roll-up summary fields
      • validation rules or approval processes
      • Apex Code triggers
      • translations
      • field history
  • September 20, 2011

Hi,

I have created one visualforce page where multiple tabs are taken to display different objects.

I have used <apex:enhancedlist> to display records under each tab.

When the page loads it only display records on that particular tab/first tab. On other tabs, records are not displayed automatically. The records on other tabs are visible only when i click on Refresh button.

Why this is happening? If i use List view all the records are visible. But when i used enhanced list it is giving the problem.

How to resolve this issue??

Cheers,

Devendra S

To get a better understanding what I need done I will briefly explain the sales process for construction business"

Developer plans a new Hotel Project.

General Contractors (GCs)are  bidding for the construction contract.

Roofing Company [myself] send the roofing price to all  GCs bidding for the project.

The GC that is awarded the project is my potential customer.

But to start with I have an opportunity with multiple accounts. Once the bidding is complete only one GC will remain.

How do I accomplish this in Sales force?

THANKS

Hi All,

In many places of Visualforce Code development I needed to have the some javascript variables to be accessed from the page. Say, I have one String "Hello World" in one javascript variable, how to print that by use of <apex:outputtext> tag of visualforce?

Also, sometimes I need to update some Apex COntroller variable with the value of Javascript var. 

Do you people have any kind of idea on how to accomplish this..Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Suvra

• August 07, 2009
Hi,

I am trying to get the hour of the 'Date/Time Opened' field within Cases.  Ideally I'd like to be able to pull something like 4:00 PM or 20:00, or something along these lines.

Anybody know a way to do this with a formula?

Thanks!!

Message Edited by JWOODY on 10-18-2006 09:25 PM

• October 19, 2006