• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I was validating a change set which contains 71 components(custom fields,objects,recordtype ). In the middle of validation my session timed out and I was logged out of salesforce. I loged in again and after 20 mins the change set screen refreshed and now even after 11 hours the status is 'In Progress'. We have a lot of deployment to do this weekend. Can anyone help me wih any suggestions as to what needs to be done?

Will this lock my Organization from any further changes? I am planning to manually create the components. Can that be done or will I get 'Organization locked from further changes' error?

Hello, I'm a bit new to sales force. I'm doing a one time update and insert to our custom object that tracks volunteers. There are about 550 records, of which about 100 are updates. I split the csv into two parts, one for updates and one for inserts. When I try update the records, it skipps all of them for being new. I assume the problem is that I am using the Volunteer ID which is the name field and is an autonumber.   

Currently the Volunteer ID's start at 000142 and go to 000305, there is no prefix or anything and I've tried making the column formatted to include the leading zeros or not to. I'm a bit stumped and any help would be good. 

• May 23, 2012

Hello everybody,

I have a little problem here for which I'm not able to find a solution. We are an NGO in Madagascar an produce different types of solar cookers and charcoal/wood saving cookers. Thus, for each type I created a record in the Product object. I then created a custom object "Cooker" which is linked with a lookup-field to the Product object. Each cooker has therefore a type (link to Product object) and a Name, which is a unique number (we sell the cookers and have to register the clients and the number of the cookers).

Everything is working fine so far, there is just one annoying point: When someone searches for a cooker type with the lookup button, not only the Type field is filled out, but surprisingly (to me anyway) the Name field of the cooker (so, both fields are populated with the name of the Product). Every time, that field has to be cleared before entering the cooker number. It doesn't happen when the Type field is filled out manually, but only when the search button for the lookup is used.

Is it possible to somehow disable that, or did I make a mistake when creating my custom object/field?

Thank you very much for your help.

We're starting to use Cases to track our interactions with our clients and we rely heavily on the Account Owner field.  On the Cases screen we need to add a field for the Account Owner of the Account that is selected.  We also need the Account Owner to create views/queue's of all cases for each sales person(account owner).  It sounds like this can be done by creating a custom formula field but we can't figure out how to define the formula.  In our custom field, we have Account.Owner which shows the salesforce ID but we're looking for the owner name.

Any guidance would be appreciated.  thx

I have a requirement where I need to show Customer Life Cycle (on landing page for customer - visualforce page) depicting various stages of him registrating for flat, welcome call, allotment letter, payment slabs (Slab 1, Slab 2, Slab n), Key Handover of flat, etc.

Now technically, the data for various stages is coming from Webservice 1 and data for payments is coming from Webservice 2. 

Has anyone encountered such a Use Case? How best can I resolve this problem? Also the various webservice fields which need to be displayed on lifecycle are dates (Payment Slab 1 Received Date, Registration Date, Key Handover Date, etc.) and need to be shown in chronological order of dates. Thus, the challenge lies in how to gather fields from both web-services, show it chronologically in terms of dates and finally show the current stage of customer.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

There is an interface between Salesforce and DataStage for User object and Users are updated in Salesforce via DataStage job. There is a text field "District" on User object which has no special attributes, just a normal text field. DataStage is trying to update a particular User's District from some value 'ABC' district to NULL value. However, the field "District" still shows the same value "ABC" and not blank/null value. The success file from DataStage does say that it updated the item successfully, however when it enters Salesforce zone, the field is not updated on the user record.

Please advise what can be the issue and how we can resolve this to set the field to null value.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Hello,

We are trying to initiate Salesforce from company's portal and it was working fine until yesterday.

We are getting "SAML Provision Error" while trying to launch Salesforce via SSO from Portal.

On SAML Assertion Validation we found the below results :

Last recorded SAML login failure:  2012-10-10T16:02:40.294Z
Unexpected Exceptions
  Ok
1. Validating the Status
  Ok
2. Looking for an Authentication Statement
  Ok
3. Looking for a Conditions statement
  Ok
4. Checking that the timestamps in the assertion are valid
  Timestamp of the response is outside of allowed time window
  Current time is: 2012-10-10T16:19:25.512Z
  Timestamp is: 2012-10-10T16:02:38.000Z
  Allowed skew in milliseconds is 480000
  Timestamp of the assertion is outside of allowed time window
5. Checking that the Attribute namespace matches, if provided
  Not Provided
6. Miscellaneous format confirmations
  Ok
7. Confirming Issuer matches
  Ok
8. Confirming a Subject Confirmation was provided and contains valid timestamps
  Ok
9. Checking that the Audience matches, if provided
  Ok
10. Checking the Recipient
  Organization Id that we expected: 00DJ0000000795H
  Organization Id that we found based on your assertion: 00DJ0000000795H
11. Validating the Signature
  Is the response signed? true
  Is the assertion signed? false
  Is the correct certificate supplied in the keyinfo? true
  Ok
12. Checking that the Site URL Attribute contains a valid site url, if provided
  Not Provided
13. Looking for portal and organization id, if provided

Not Provided

Please advise what is the issue here.

Thanks,

Vimal

We have list of 200+ users whose email addresses need to be changed.

How can I do this in bulk via Data Loader without notifying them of email change confirmation? Customer does not want users to be sent emails of confirmation/change.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

Data-Stage team is trying to update Users in Salesforce.com sandbox instance using Data Stage as the tool.

While doing so, they are getting this error :

"SF_User,2: Information: Cannot grant or remove a profile with modify all data, <br> without having the modify all data permission yourself. : Profile ID

Information: Duplicate Username. <br> Another user has already selected this username. <br>. Please select another."

We already checked for users from source file if they are present in Salesforce, but did not find any.

Hence, the issue drills down to Profile ID update of User record using Data-Stage. Want to know if Data-Stage can update Profile ID field of User record? 

Does Data Loader update Profile ID field of User record?

How to resolve this issue? Please advise.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

I have a particular profile given to a set of Interface users who are trying to load data (insert/update/upsert) from external system to Salesforce.com in User and Product 2 objects.

On User object, they are given "Manage Users" permission, which I assume will give rights of upsert operation too. I know External ID is pre-requisite. That is also created in User object.

However, when the Interface User Profile's User tries to upsert data(User and Product 2 table data) in Salesforce.com, she is getting these errors :

1) SF_User,0 : Object is not upsertable: {0}

2) SF_Product, 3 : Object is not upsertable: {0}

Please advise how to resolve these issues.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

We have a report made from Report Type Users available from "Administrative Reports" OOB folder. The report shows the list of logins of users by their roles and groups them by Branch (custom field on User object).

Now, we also created a dashboard component (Pie Chart) to show the % of logins for each role. As a sys admin, we are able to see the component and then drill down to report on click of the component. However, as a Standard User ( a custom Standard User profile is used for such Standard Users), when I log in and click on the dashboard component, I get this error :

"Insufficient Privileges
You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary."

The custom Standard User profile naturally is not allowed to have "Manage Users" permission. I am reckoning, this may be the issue? If I give "Manage Users" permission, it does allow the standard user access the report underlying the dashboard component. However, I dont think that is the way to go, as "Manage Users" permission invites many powerful administrative privileges alongwith it.

So I thought of a custom "User" report type to be created and then build the report from it. But custom "User" report type does not give me "Login History" information fields like "Client Type", "Login Date/Time", etc. How can I have these fields accessed for custom "User" report type?

How can I resolve this issue for the standard user to see the report behind the dashboard component?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi All,

I have my SSO setup from external website app A to have a quicklink to Salesforce.com.

When I launch from the quicklink, it throws me error saying : "Your Login attempt using Single Sign-On with an Identity Provider certificate has failed. Please contact your salesforce.com administrator for more information".

I checked the login history of the user who tried to launch and found this error : 

5/21/2012 4:04:16 PM EDT

141.191.20.2SAML Idp Initiated SSOFailed: Signature InvalidBrowser

test.salesforce.com

I did the SAML Validation and found these as my results :-

Last recorded SAML login failure:  2012-05-21T20:04:16.302Z
Unexpected Exceptions
  Ok
1. Validating the Status
  Ok
  Ok
  Ok
  Current time is: 2012-05-21T20:18:16.057Z
  Timestamp is: 2012-05-21T20:04:14.000Z
  Not Provided
  Ok
  Ok
  Ok
  Ok
  Organization Id that we expected: 00DZ00000000rh6
  Organization Id that we found based on your assertion: 00DZ00000000rh6
  The reference in the response signature is valid
  Signature or certificate problems
  The signature in the response is not valid
  Is the correct certificate supplied in the keyinfo? false
  Not Provided

Ok

Please advise what is going wrong? 

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

Do we have a template/mapping sheet where we can have Mappings established between ACT database and Salesforce Schema?

Want to know :-

1) How data is migrated from ACT to Salesforce
2) When is data cleansing done?(before loading into Salesforce or after loading it)
3) Best Practices for Data Migration, Data Cleansing activities, etc
4) What are the things one needs to take care while loading data
5) Transformation Logic for fields having dates/picklists as datatypes
6) Any constraints from Salesforce side for datatypes like date fields etc to be in specific formats
7) Any AppExchange tools etc
8) Any other valuable information you can provide

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

I am testing out currently Salesforce - Outlook Integration for Connect For Outlook piece. I have both Events and Tasks syncing in both directions mentioned in my O_Dictionary.xml file.

However, when I create an event in Salesforce, it creates the same in Outlook BUT when I update the same event in Salesforce(say Start Time and End Time), it creates another instance of the event in Outlook. Same goes from Outlook side. If I update the event in Outlook, it creates another instance of same event in Salesforce.

Part of Config file mentioning the sync direction is as stated below.

<OverrideOptions value="true">

<CanModifySyncEntities value="false"/>
<CanModifySyncDirection value="false"/>
<CanModifyConflictResolution value="false"/>
<CustomTemplateClasses value=""/>
<Sync entity="Contact" value="false"/>
<AlwaysMarkForSync entity="Contact" value="false"/>
<SyncDirection entity="Contact" value="Both"/>
<ConflictResolution entity="Contact" value="Notify"/>
<Sync entity="Event" value="true"/>
<AlwaysMarkForSync entity="Event" value="false"/>
<SyncDirection entity="Event" value="Both"/>
<ConflictResolution entity="Event" value="Notify"/>
<Sync entity="Task" value="true"/>
<AlwaysMarkForSync entity="Task" value="false"/>
<SyncDirection entity="Task" value="Both"/>
<ConflictResolution entity="Task" value="Notify"/>
<PutRegistry name="Restricted" type="string" value="false"/>
<PutRegistry name="ButtonStateCreateCase" type="string" value="false"/>
<PutRegistry name="UploadAttachments" type="string" value="true"/>
<PutRegistry name="SupportAttachments" type="string" value="true"/>
<PutRegistry name="ButtonStateMarkSync" type="string" value="false"/>
<PutRegistry name="ButtonStateUnmarkSync" type="string" value="false"/>
<PutRegistry name="DisableQuickCreateAccount" type="string" value="false"/>
<PutRegistry name="DisableQuickCreateContact" type="string" value="false"/>
<PutRegistry name="DisableQuickCreateLead" type="string" value="false"/>

</OverrideOptions>

Please advise, what is going wrong?

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

We have a deployment in near weekend and we need to have signed Certificate of CA. We have followed steps in creating the CA - signed certificate, however to authorise it we need to send the request to the authority of our choice. I dont know regarding to whom this request needs to be sent to be signed.

Please advise on this as we need to provide the CA signed certificate to external team who will integrate Salesforce with other systems.

Thanks,

Vimal

If a call comes in from a lead, prospect or client, can the SF record for the person calling be immediately brought up on a BlackBerry device?

If the answer is yes, does Mobile Lite provide this functionality?

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

I have enabled the permission of "Collapsible Sidebar" for the User Interface, when I try to log in as a particular user through my login(Sys Admin login), I am not able to see the collapsible sidebar.

However, when I try to login as different user with same profile, I can see the collapsible sidebar.

Please advise as to what causes this abrupt behaviour?

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

Customer wants to have "Accessibility Mode" field on User record to be read-only.

I searched for its corresponding API name, but did not get the value.

Can anyone please advise as to what is the API Name for this field? If it is black box to us, can we have some workaround to hide this field / make this field read-only?

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

Want to get enlightened on what and how you provide your customers with User Adoption components. What are the different User Adoption Dashboards you built and the dashboard components for each of them?

Also, how do you track Chatter Usage? Again, different reports/dashboards.

Is there any best practices for same.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

Currently, we have implemented OOB Address fields for Leads, Contacts and Accounts. However, now customer wants to have State field to be made a picklist consisting of US State Picklist field.

I know if I change or replace the State field with custom State picklist field, there is going to be impact on the system :-

1)List Views, Reports need to be updated
2) Whole Address section needs to be made customized as the Address is a composite field in the system(Mailing Address/Billing Address/Shipping Address/Other Address)
3) Custom Mapping of Lead Address fields to Contact and Account Address fields need to be done
4) Outlook Address fields need to be mapped to Custom Address fields
5) If Outlook Address has State as "Connecticut", it will propagate in Salesforce State field with value "Connecticut" only and not "CT"

Please let me know if there are any other impacts occuring in the system.

Also, suggest me a workaround if I dont want to go with State custom picklist field. I know I can write a validation rule for same, but dont know how much it will be feasible or what problems/issues it may produce.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vimal

We have created some custom Visualforce reports which display a table.

In one of our reports we have many columns so we have to clip the column width else the content will cause the column width to auto expand and consequently we lose trailing columns. So what we want is that the content should have a fixed column width and wrap to next line. This wrapping works perfectly when viewing VF page (non-PDF). Now we have a custom "Print" button on the Visualforce Page, which on click renders as PDF and the print gives distorted columns display. However, while viewing VF page(non-PDF), the print just comes fine with proper column spacing and wrapping of the column text.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

Ours is a B2B and B2C model. Both Person Accounts and Business Accounts are used for Individual Clients/Customers and Business Organizations respectively.

However, there is a case where a certain John Smith is a Contact for a particular Organization. Now, He can be an Individual Client/Customer (Person Account) who buys contracts/policies for his insurance.

Thus, technically speaking, I now have 2 separate records of the same person John Smith in the system. 

Has anybody tackled this situation earlier? How do you maintain this duality? Users are not interested in recording this person in 2 different places.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

I have installed a Retail Insurance application named : Wealth Management in our org. It uses a managed package named "Relationship Groups" used for Householding Contacts together.

Now, customer is of the opinion that the app is not catering to the needs of the business requirements. However, we as consultants are of opinion that the app is very useful and will map the business needs. For basing our facts, we are documenting and analysing the app for its Pros, Cons, Impact on current system, Usage, etc.

One of the factors we want to know more about is how much impact does Managed Package have on the system where it is installed? I mean like I know we cannot change the underlying codes of Apex triggers/visualforce pages, etc. But let say customer comes up with requirements tomorrow wanting to change the behavior of the system which comes up due to behind-the-scene programs written. I know we cannot change it, but can we have workarounds to mitigate those behaviors? Is it possible for Managed Package components?

I want to know how Managed Package influences the system and what impact can it have on the system going forward in future.

Can anyone please assist me with this?

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

There is an application "Wealth Management Overlay" which was advised by Salesforce to be used by our client involved in Retail Insurance firm.

It uses features like Relationship Groups(collection of contacts and clients who are individuals for householding purposes), Contracts/Accounts(Financial Accounts which are actually products linked to Contacts, Clients who are individuals and Relationship Groups), etc which come in the package and are very useful.

Now the problem is that since our business is both a B2C and B2B model, we are using both Business Accounts for Organizations and Person Accounts for Clients who are individual customers.

But we have 3 major issues coming up now after we have implemented the application :-

1. Outlook Sync issue (exists for both Outlook Connect & Outlook for SF) – sync from new contact in Outlook will only match to Contact object in SF (based upon Wealth Mgmnt setup, match will be limited to Contacts only as actual Client/Prospect in SF is associated to the ‘Individual’ Person Account object)
2. Dual maintenance of a Contact that also happens to be a Client /Prospect (Person Account)
3. Based upon initial review of Salesforce Social network interfaces (ie LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.), it seems all interaction is limited to entries associated to the Contact object

Thus, a major important decision needs to be made as to if we can remove the whole Overlay application and replace it with customizations and configurations involved which will take up huge effort and time.

If anyone has used the application, can he/she please let me know so that I can get understanding on what was the experience, the problems, if they encountered same problems as I faced, how they resolved them, etc.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vimal

This is the task from Trailhead,

You've been given a requirement to keep Contact addresses in sync with the Account they belong to. Use Process Builder to create a new process that updates all child Contact addresses when the address of the Account record is updated. This process:Can have any name.
Must be activated.
Must update Contact mailing address fields (Street, City, State, Post Code, Country) when the parent Account shipping address field values are updated.

Created Criteria i took

User-added image

This is action i took 

User-added image

Where i done wrong?
The challenge is:

You've been given a requirement to keep Contact addresses in sync with the Account they belong to. Use Process Builder to create a new process that updates all child Contact addresses when the address of the Account record is updated. This process:Can have any name.
Must be activated.
Must update Contact mailing address fields (Street, City, State, Post Code, Country) when the parent Account shipping address field values are updated.

I start with Accounts when records is created or edited.
Filter criteria where accounts shipping address (street, city, state, zip code) is changed (used "or" logic).

I am stuck on the next step "add action".  I started with action type "Update Records".
On objects, I can't seem to change Accounts to Contacts.  Why?
Hi there, I 'm trying to complete the "Automating Processes with the Lightning Process Builder" challenge in TrailHead but I get the following error :
Encountered unhandled fault when running process Update_contact_adress/
301240000004FXO exception by user/organization: 00D24000000JsNt/{4}

The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Account.ShippingCountry because it hasn't been set or assigned.
caused by element : FlowRecordUpdate.myRule_1_A1
caused by: The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Account.ShippingCountry because it hasn't been set or assigned.
Salesforce Error ID: 490660201-42718 (736882147)

Any idea what could be could wrong ?

Hi,

I was validating a change set which contains 71 components(custom fields,objects,recordtype ). In the middle of validation my session timed out and I was logged out of salesforce. I loged in again and after 20 mins the change set screen refreshed and now even after 11 hours the status is 'In Progress'. We have a lot of deployment to do this weekend. Can anyone help me wih any suggestions as to what needs to be done?

Will this lock my Organization from any further changes? I am planning to manually create the components. Can that be done or will I get 'Organization locked from further changes' error?

Hello,

We are trying to initiate Salesforce from company's portal and it was working fine until yesterday.

We are getting "SAML Provision Error" while trying to launch Salesforce via SSO from Portal.

On SAML Assertion Validation we found the below results :

Last recorded SAML login failure:  2012-10-10T16:02:40.294Z
Unexpected Exceptions
  Ok
1. Validating the Status
  Ok
  Ok
  Ok
  Not Provided
  Ok
  Ok
  Ok
  Ok
  Organization Id that we expected: 00DJ0000000795H
  Organization Id that we found based on your assertion: 00DJ0000000795H
  Is the correct certificate supplied in the keyinfo? true
  Ok
  Not Provided

Not Provided

Please advise what is the issue here.

Thanks,

Vimal

our accounts have several account numbers per client. We built a custom Account Number object on the Account page to be able to add numerous account numbers. The problem is that when we delete an account, thje account numbers remain in  the system and it's interferring with sales information we are importing. Can I create a Workflow rule or feild  update / trigger or anything basically stating :

when an account is deleted, delete all account numbers from Account Number object

Hello, I'm a bit new to sales force. I'm doing a one time update and insert to our custom object that tracks volunteers. There are about 550 records, of which about 100 are updates. I split the csv into two parts, one for updates and one for inserts. When I try update the records, it skipps all of them for being new. I assume the problem is that I am using the Volunteer ID which is the name field and is an autonumber.   

Currently the Volunteer ID's start at 000142 and go to 000305, there is no prefix or anything and I've tried making the column formatted to include the leading zeros or not to. I'm a bit stumped and any help would be good. 

• May 23, 2012

Hi,

I created a validation rule using ISCHANGED with the Status Update field to ensure when someone updates a stage, they also update the Status Update field.  It works in that it gives the person an error when they change a stage, however, it doesn't recognize when the Status Update field has been edited or changed thereby giving an error continually even when the field has been changed. 

My code:

AND (
OR (
ISPICKVAL ( StageName, "Initial Review"),
ISPICKVAL (StageName, "Active Review") ,
ISPICKVAL (StageName, "48 In Process"),
ISPICKVAL (StageName, "Proposal Issued"),
ISPICKVAL (StageName, "Underwriting/Due Diligence"),
ISPICKVAL (StageName, "Documentation"),
ISPICKVAL (StageName, "Close-Fund"),

ISCHANGED (Status_Update__c)
))

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,

ML

Hi ,
Can anybody help me with the fromula field which will calulate the Age  from date of birth and display it in Years,Months & Days.?
All validations should be there.Including Leap Year Scenario.

BR,
Me

Hello everybody,

I have a little problem here for which I'm not able to find a solution. We are an NGO in Madagascar an produce different types of solar cookers and charcoal/wood saving cookers. Thus, for each type I created a record in the Product object. I then created a custom object "Cooker" which is linked with a lookup-field to the Product object. Each cooker has therefore a type (link to Product object) and a Name, which is a unique number (we sell the cookers and have to register the clients and the number of the cookers).

Everything is working fine so far, there is just one annoying point: When someone searches for a cooker type with the lookup button, not only the Type field is filled out, but surprisingly (to me anyway) the Name field of the cooker (so, both fields are populated with the name of the Product). Every time, that field has to be cleared before entering the cooker number. It doesn't happen when the Type field is filled out manually, but only when the search button for the lookup is used.

Is it possible to somehow disable that, or did I make a mistake when creating my custom object/field?

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi All,

I have my SSO setup from external website app A to have a quicklink to Salesforce.com.

When I launch from the quicklink, it throws me error saying : "Your Login attempt using Single Sign-On with an Identity Provider certificate has failed. Please contact your salesforce.com administrator for more information".

I checked the login history of the user who tried to launch and found this error : 

5/21/2012 4:04:16 PM EDT

141.191.20.2SAML Idp Initiated SSOFailed: Signature InvalidBrowser

test.salesforce.com

I did the SAML Validation and found these as my results :-

Last recorded SAML login failure:  2012-05-21T20:04:16.302Z
Unexpected Exceptions
  Ok
1. Validating the Status
  Ok
  Ok
  Ok
  Not Provided
  Ok
  Ok
  Ok
  Ok
  Organization Id that we expected: 00DZ00000000rh6
  Organization Id that we found based on your assertion: 00DZ00000000rh6
  The reference in the response signature is valid
  Signature or certificate problems
  The signature in the response is not valid
  Is the correct certificate supplied in the keyinfo? false
  Not Provided

Ok

Please advise what is going wrong? 

Thanks,

Vimal

We're starting to use Cases to track our interactions with our clients and we rely heavily on the Account Owner field.  On the Cases screen we need to add a field for the Account Owner of the Account that is selected.  We also need the Account Owner to create views/queue's of all cases for each sales person(account owner).  It sounds like this can be done by creating a custom formula field but we can't figure out how to define the formula.  In our custom field, we have Account.Owner which shows the salesforce ID but we're looking for the owner name.

Any guidance would be appreciated.  thx