• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am a small business owner and use Salesforce Enterprise.  I am not a salesforece developer. I need a small and likely simple project done and am looking to pay someone to devellop it.   Very simply I need to send emails to leads and clients who are turning 65.  I'd like to send one email every month beginning six months before they're 65th birthday.  If anyone is interested in this project, please email:  ted@usa-healthinsurance.com.

Thank you

Hi,

We ran into an issue where SF can't store more than xxx chars and bytes in the formula. We have a huge lookup list which crucial part of our lead management system.. 

It's just a simple thing we need:

If County+State=ChicagoIL, then CountyID=6666

Else if County+State=NapervilleIL, then CountyID=7777

So We have this formula:

CASE(TRIM(UPPER(County__c))+TRIM(UPPER(MailingState)),
"ALEUTIAN ISLANDSAK","12732",
"ALEUTIANS EASTAK","11844",
"ALEUTIANS WESTAK","9854",
"ANCHORAGEAK","12044",
"BETHELAK","12186",
"BRISTOL BAYAK","12435",
"DENALIAK","10720",
"DILLINGHAMAK","10099",
"FAIRBANKS NORTH STARAK","10403",
"HAINESAK","10576",
"JUNEAUAK","10489",
"KENAI PENINSULAAK","12265",

"WESTONWY","10987","")

which 3,000 lines long and somehow we need to implement this as an apex trigger(since SF can't handle big formulas).

What would be the best way to accomplosh this? Maybe someone has an example of how it should work as a apex trigger?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

We have installed an Appliciaton which helps to identify the entered to the system is duplicate or no(based on the email address).

So here's what we need to accomplish:

Let's say the lead "John Smith, with email jsmith@gmail.com" is already in the system, then we create another lead "Jamie Smith, with email jsmith@gmail.com", and it automatically sets Lead Status to "New - Dupe Lead!", so now we have:

Lead Name - Email - Lead Status

John Smith - jsmith@gmail.com - "Lead"
Jamie Smith - jsmith@gmail.com - "New - Dupe Lead!"

Until this point it is working,s o we need a apex trigger(was told that by SF basic support) in salesforce to:

Find Lead_1 where Lead Status "New - Dupe Lead!"
Then
Find Lead_2 where Lead_1.email=lead_2.email // (so we are trying to find lead with the same email, but which is not dupe)
Then
Assign Lead_2.OwnerID=lead_1.onwerid
Send email to lead_2.ownerid //notify that this is a duplicate lead

What is the best way to accomplish this?

* SF Support said you can only do this by create an apex script, however we have no experience where to start. We have developers who could easily do the script, but we are just not sure where to start. 

Maybe an simple exmaple of any other script or what actually we need to create? Is it apex trigger or class, etc....

Thanks

I am a small business owner and use Salesforce Enterprise.  I am not a salesforece developer. I need a small and likely simple project done and am looking to pay someone to devellop it.   Very simply I need to send emails to leads and clients who are turning 65.  I'd like to send one email every month beginning six months before they're 65th birthday.  If anyone is interested in this project, please email:  ted@usa-healthinsurance.com.

Thank you

Thank you

Hi,

We ran into an issue where SF can't store more than xxx chars and bytes in the formula. We have a huge lookup list which crucial part of our lead management system.. 

It's just a simple thing we need:

If County+State=ChicagoIL, then CountyID=6666

Else if County+State=NapervilleIL, then CountyID=7777

So We have this formula:

CASE(TRIM(UPPER(County__c))+TRIM(UPPER(MailingState)),
"ALEUTIAN ISLANDSAK","12732",
"ALEUTIANS EASTAK","11844",
"ALEUTIANS WESTAK","9854",
"ANCHORAGEAK","12044",
"BETHELAK","12186",
"BRISTOL BAYAK","12435",
"DENALIAK","10720",
"DILLINGHAMAK","10099",
"FAIRBANKS NORTH STARAK","10403",
"HAINESAK","10576",
"JUNEAUAK","10489",
"KENAI PENINSULAAK","12265",

"WESTONWY","10987","")

which 3,000 lines long and somehow we need to implement this as an apex trigger(since SF can't handle big formulas).

What would be the best way to accomplosh this? Maybe someone has an example of how it should work as a apex trigger?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

We have installed an Appliciaton which helps to identify the entered to the system is duplicate or no(based on the email address).

So here's what we need to accomplish:

Let's say the lead "John Smith, with email jsmith@gmail.com" is already in the system, then we create another lead "Jamie Smith, with email jsmith@gmail.com", and it automatically sets Lead Status to "New - Dupe Lead!", so now we have:

Lead Name - Email - Lead Status

John Smith - jsmith@gmail.com - "Lead"
Jamie Smith - jsmith@gmail.com - "New - Dupe Lead!"

Until this point it is working,s o we need a apex trigger(was told that by SF basic support) in salesforce to:

Find Lead_1 where Lead Status "New - Dupe Lead!"
Then
Find Lead_2 where Lead_1.email=lead_2.email // (so we are trying to find lead with the same email, but which is not dupe)
Then
Assign Lead_2.OwnerID=lead_1.onwerid
Send email to lead_2.ownerid //notify that this is a duplicate lead

What is the best way to accomplish this?

* SF Support said you can only do this by create an apex script, however we have no experience where to start. We have developers who could easily do the script, but we are just not sure where to start. 

Maybe an simple exmaple of any other script or what actually we need to create? Is it apex trigger or class, etc....

Thanks