Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

How to check which record types for Account are accesible for system admin

Thanks for advice
  • October 30, 2015
Good morning -

I'm reviewing the various training options am trying to decide if the in-person DEV401 course is worth it. My employer is willing to pay for it, but is it worth the cost compared to the other online training options? Is it a deeper dive then what I could do via Trailhead, for instance? How hands-on is the DEV401 course?

Many thanks,
Elizabeth

Hello Everyone,

I have just created some action and I added that action in business account but i couldn't able to add that action for the person account, so my question is how can i add that action into the person account layout.

Thanks

I'm going to try to flex my dev-legs by building a component to effectively inline-edit child records while on a parent.  (ie inline edit related Contacts while on the Account).  I'm having some trouble getting started and there's so many posts and articles and trails.  Any recommendation on a good starting post/article to get me moving?

I know enough to pull a list of Contacts and display the list in a component, and I can get the fields to display and edit on change.  But what I'm really having issue with is using Lightning Data Service to know what contacts to actually pull back with the controller?

Thanks in advance for some direction.
One of our developers just emailed our team with the following statement. I'm not familiar enough with Lightning Developer to determine if the statement is entirely accurate.

"With our orgs now supporting lightning and hopefully more BU’s getting lightning in the future, we will probably need some custom Lightning pages that need code. The hardest and most time consuming part of lightning apps are UI and UX development. Salesforce has given the Lightning Design System which gives you templates to make your page look native. The problem is that they don’t provide any javascript to make things like tables interactive and user friendly. We would have to develop that code ourselves which pretty much triples the time of the project to get something working just OK. Check out the lightningstrike website link below. The site provides a javascript framework that hooks up with the Lightning Design System. Lots of cool UI that we could easily plug and play into any custom app in the future. This could also allow us to create POC’s much easier and make lightning pages immediately mobile friendly."

Would any of the dev community have opinions about the accuracy of this statement and/or resources that might be applicable to discuss in more detail with our dev-team?
The Getting Started with the Lighting Design System module requires a download of the Lighting Design System zip file, upload to a static resource, and a change to the Visual Force markup to reference the appropriate asset.  However, Lightning Design System version 2.0.3 doesn't xappear to have a salesforce-lightning-design-system-vf.min.css file as is identified and required by the module?  I noted other modules recently that have not been updated to address changes to the current version of the SLDS zip (file structure and naming changes).  In those cases, it was easy enough to modify the example markup to connect to the appropriate file.  But in this case, the "...-vf.min.css" file does not exist in the file structure.

Please advise?
I'm working on the Lightning Developer Trailhead and the Lightning Component Developer Guide Quickstart, and in both cases, I've uploaded a static resource (as instructed) to be used by the applications in question.  However, the SLDS zip file doesn't appear to be working.  I have an older version of the SLDS in my org (v090) that is is file format application/zip, and that one works fine.  But the newest few SLDS downloads are in file format application/x-zip-compressed and none of these zip files in that format are working.  What am I missing here? 
I think I'm losing it.  Could someone confirm some items for me?
  1. At the start of the module, we only have the following camping components, right?
    1. camping.cmp
    2. campingHeader.cmp
    3. campingList.cmp
    4. campingListItem.cmp
    5. campingListController.cmp
  2. We haven't been asked to create an app or assign the components, so how do we test?
  3. I've been trying to update the campingHeader.cmp per the second/thrid sentences of the project, but I can't seem to figure out if it's working or what it should even look like?  I even tried cut/pasting the code from the lesson, but that's all in an a.pp so now I'm completely lost. 

Any suggestions?
We are looking to fire a trigger based on the record result of a workflow rule.  My initial thought would be to write an entirely new trigger that encorporates the logic of the workflow rule AND the existing trigger, but if we can just tell the existing trigger to fire after the workflow completes, it won't require developer time.

Thoughts?
Good afternoon,
I can't seem to figure out why my class for the "Getting Started with Apex: Unit 1" won't pass evaluation.  The class appears to work as expected when I run via the Execute Anonymous window, but the checker fails.

Here is my class:

public class StringArrayTest{
    public static void generateStringArray(integer q){
        list<string> test = new list<string>();
            for(integer i=0; i < q;i++){
            test.add('Test '+i);
            system.debug(test[i]);
        }
    }
}

When I run StringArrayTest.generateStringArray(9); in the EAW, I get the return I expected.
Thoughts?
My team has been asked to filter the Campaign History related list to only display "Active" Campaigns.  
Since you can't filter with clicks, I assume I'll be needing to create a visualforce page that displays the filtered list,and then insert it into the page while removing the preexisting related list. The problem is that I'm not entirely sure where to start.

First question: Am I on the right track? The request is to only display Contacts with the "primary contact" checkbox selected on the account.

Second question: I've done simple visualforce related lists and some VF reports using standard controllers (thanks Mr. Workbook!) but this one is trickier because of the filter.  I assume I'm going to need an extension to query for the related campaigns via the member record.  This is where my skills start to drop off.

Third:  I am more than willing to read/tutorial/play so any suggestions for documentation, examples, or otherwise is acceptable.  Can anyone recommend a place to start there?

So I'm a DBA w/ a ton of SQL experience but no actual code experience.  (A little VB maybe.)

I'm planning to take a couple classes to prepare myself for Dev 531.  I've been told by some that JAVA is the way to go, while others have said C Sharp.  Can anyone out here give me a good recommendation about a introductory programming language to focus on, so I can pick up Apex that much faster?

Tahnks

Good afternoon,
I can't seem to figure out why my class for the "Getting Started with Apex: Unit 1" won't pass evaluation.  The class appears to work as expected when I run via the Execute Anonymous window, but the checker fails.

Here is my class:

test.add('Test '+i);
            system.debug(test[i]);
        }
    }
}

When I run StringArrayTest.generateStringArray(9); in the EAW, I get the return I expected.
Thoughts?
One of our developers just emailed our team with the following statement. I'm not familiar enough with Lightning Developer to determine if the statement is entirely accurate.

"With our orgs now supporting lightning and hopefully more BU’s getting lightning in the future, we will probably need some custom Lightning pages that need code. The hardest and most time consuming part of lightning apps are UI and UX development. Salesforce has given the Lightning Design System which gives you templates to make your page look native. The problem is that they don’t provide any javascript to make things like tables interactive and user friendly. We would have to develop that code ourselves which pretty much triples the time of the project to get something working just OK. Check out the lightningstrike website link below. The site provides a javascript framework that hooks up with the Lightning Design System. Lots of cool UI that we could easily plug and play into any custom app in the future. This could also allow us to create POC’s much easier and make lightning pages immediately mobile friendly."

Would any of the dev community have opinions about the accuracy of this statement and/or resources that might be applicable to discuss in more detail with our dev-team?
I am on the last module of the Build a Discount Calculator trail. I have verified the first 4 steps and received the 50 points (everything was configured correctly). Now, when I try to verify my last step I am getting the following error:

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Calculate Discount' custom button doesn't exist or isn't properly configured. Check the instructions.

I've verfied the creation of the button, it's on the correct page layout and I've tested the button- it gives me the correct discount percentage and discounted amount.

Any other ideas on what I should check? I'm at a loss.
I'm working on the Lightning Developer Trailhead and the Lightning Component Developer Guide Quickstart, and in both cases, I've uploaded a static resource (as instructed) to be used by the applications in question.  However, the SLDS zip file doesn't appear to be working.  I have an older version of the SLDS in my org (v090) that is is file format application/zip, and that one works fine.  But the newest few SLDS downloads are in file format application/x-zip-compressed and none of these zip files in that format are working.  What am I missing here? 
Hello,

How to check which record types for Account are accesible for system admin

Thanks for advice
  • October 30, 2015
Good morning -

I'm reviewing the various training options am trying to decide if the in-person DEV401 course is worth it. My employer is willing to pay for it, but is it worth the cost compared to the other online training options? Is it a deeper dive then what I could do via Trailhead, for instance? How hands-on is the DEV401 course?

Many thanks,
Elizabeth
Hi,

I need to download the excel ......When the user selected list of contacts in list view & click on the custom button like export to excel.

Please help me out.
  • October 15, 2015
Getting the following Error:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The 'Days_Since_Last_Update__c' formula field did not return the correct number of days between an Account’s Last Activity Date and today
Is there code to do this somehow?  I want the user, when they click our take case button, which is javascript, it will add them to the case team as well or maybe pop up a question "do you want to be added to the case team".
  • October 14, 2015

Hello Everyone,

I have just created some action and I added that action in business account but i couldn't able to add that action for the person account, so my question is how can i add that action into the person account layout.

Thanks

About 3 minutes ago I deleted many records within my recycling ben. As they were deleting I noticed 1 record that looked unfamiliar. After much research I finally found the object it belongs to, but need help with my query. I am not a developer, but I'm using workbench to export that record. 

SELECT Id,Name FROM Account WHERE IsDeleted = true 

This was the formula I found on the Salesforce Knowledge article. Is there anything I should be changing to adjust to my custom object?
Hello Friends!

I need your expertise here.

I am trying to find the average number of demos per month via matrix or summary report.

We are trying to find 1.) demos completed per month by lead source and 2.) the average number of demos completed (1 demo complete = 1 Oppty) per rep per month, based on the current number of months. Here is the first part of the requested report:
User-added image

I now need to find the average per month, per user for each user. It does not have to be by lead source.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Shannon

Go to the last module of Admin Traol for beginner , which is Formulae validations and select the first module "Using Formula Fields". The Menu language changes to French from English!
Hi

We have a custom visualforce page that has it's content pulled to it by different Apex Classes.
In short, the records pulled are determined by their record type + a certain field entry. 

Right now the Apex Class pulls in RecordTypeA results. 
I can edit it (and the Test Class) to pull in RecordTypeB results.

However, when I use the 'OR' expression to have both of the RecordType results show up, only RecordTypeA results are shown up.

This is the code piece (syntax gave no errors)

for(recordtype rt:[select id from recordtype where (name=:'1893 Ambassador Request' OR name=:'WebAMB Request') and Sobjecttype =: 'Case' limit 1]) caserecordtype=rt.id; for(recordtype rt:[select id from recordtype where name=: 'CustomerUK' and Sobjecttype =: 'Account' limit 1]) accountrecordtype=rt.id;

Is there something else that needs to be added to the code for it to process both record type results? 

Thank you
I created a custom field on contacts (its a date field) and I need to know how to import data to that field. 

thanks in advance for any help.
Good afternoon,

Here is my class:

test.add('Test '+i);
            system.debug(test[i]);
        }
    }
}

Thoughts?
I´m a System Admin, I´m on lightning version and I´m on Accont object but I can´t edit/create new views.

Today we’re excited to announce the new Salesforce Developers Discussion Forums. We’ve listened to your feedback on how we can improve the forums.  With Chatter Answers, built on the Salesforce1 Platform, we were able to implement an entirely new experience, integrated with the rest of the Salesforce Developers site.  By the way, it’s also mobile-friendly.

We’ve migrated all the existing data, including user accounts. You can use the same Salesforce account you’ve always used to login right away.  You’ll also have a great new user profile page that will highlight your community activity.  Kudos have been replaced by “liking” a post instead and you’ll now be able to filter solved vs unsolved posts.

This is, of course, only the beginning  and because it’s built on the Salesforce1 Platform, we’re going to be able to bring you more features faster than ever before.  Be sure to share any feedback, ideas, or questions you have on this forum post.

Hats off to our development team who has been working tirelessly over the past few months to bring this new experience to our community. And thanks to each of you for helping to build one of the most vibrant and collaborative developer communities ever.

When someone takes the time/effort to repspond to your question, you should take the time/effort to either mark the question as "Solved", or post a Follow-Up with addtional information.  

That way people with a similar question can find the Solution without having to re-post the same question again and again. And the people who reply to your post know that the issue has been resolved and they can stop working on it.