• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi there,

As we have limitations for custom Quote templates so we are trying to create VF page as PDF. Generated PDF is getting attached under object 'Quote PDFs' (API is QuoteDocument).
We're facing a problem that we're not able to view 
content in the PDF generated having size more than 32 KB. However the content is visible when we are sending the PDF via email.

Is there any way to view PDF in salesforce itself?

Please assist.

Salesforce is allow us to create knowledge base articles with youtube videos.

For ex.

<iframe allowfullscreen="" class="youtube-player" frameborder="0" height="300" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XGSy3_Czz8k?wmode=opaque" width="400"></iframe>

But when we include this article in case and want to send this article to our customer then we choose an email template with argument {!Case.Articles_as_PDFs} then customer gets a PDF file attached with email and that PDF don't contains video. How can we send video in body of email automatically.

We have some PDFs already and want to use them as a knowledge base article in salesforce.com.

We have one option to upload file (datatype in Article Type object) but this sends a link of file to our customer.

My question is can we send that PDF as knowledge base article as a attachment in email to customer?

I have one text field.
I want a RegEx validation so that user only will be able to fill numeric value (no any Character nor any special symbol).

Hello everyone,

I want to create a button on case detail page next to edit button, so that it should open in the outlook with some constant email address in To (for ex support@gmail.com should always in To).

I am trying this code in custome button but this is not working.

<a href="mailto:support@gmail.com">Email Me</a>

Please help me.

Thanks,

Nikhil

I want to edit email template of case notification when a new case assigned to queue.

Subject--A case has been assigned to you.

Body--A case has been assigned to you, the default owner. Click the link below to view the record in salesforce.com

https://eu2.salesforce.com/50645746352735

How do I edit this.

Since I am using Service cloud, Is there any way to open above case(URL link) in service console instead of sales cloud.

Regards,

Nikhil

Hi,

Is there any way to implement the following:

If i assigned any approval to any user and this user is in holydays or so, So this approval should reassign to his delegate user after 4 hours of submission of approval.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Hi,

I want to write some trigger on Product2 object so that when any new product record is created it can add new picklist value on Picklist__c (Picklist field) under CustomObject__c object.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Hi

I am using a formula-

if( checkbox__c =true, DateTime__c- CreatedDate , now()-CreatedDate )

When I click ''Check Syntax' button then there is no error andCompiled sise is 207 characters, but when I tried to save it, this is showing error "Formula(s) that reference this field are no longer valid: Compiled formula is too big to execute (16.122 characters). Maximum size is 5.000 characters".

This is very basic and small formula, I wonder why this is showing error.

Hi there,

As we have limitations for custom Quote templates so we are trying to create VF page as PDF. Generated PDF is getting attached under object 'Quote PDFs' (API is QuoteDocument).
We're facing a problem that we're not able to view 
content in the PDF generated having size more than 32 KB. However the content is visible when we are sending the PDF via email.

Is there any way to view PDF in salesforce itself?

Please assist.

I have one text field.
I want a RegEx validation so that user only will be able to fill numeric value (no any Character nor any special symbol).

Salesforce is allow us to create knowledge base articles with youtube videos.

For ex.

<iframe allowfullscreen="" class="youtube-player" frameborder="0" height="300" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XGSy3_Czz8k?wmode=opaque" width="400"></iframe>

But when we include this article in case and want to send this article to our customer then we choose an email template with argument {!Case.Articles_as_PDFs} then customer gets a PDF file attached with email and that PDF don't contains video. How can we send video in body of email automatically.

Hi,

I have requriment like,

we have one LIST<> with having many records(records we be dynamic).if list having more then 200 records i wanted to split into 200 recards for each list and that list we wanted to send to  External system(each time 200 records).and we don`t want to use Bach Apex.

how can i archive this.please give me the solutions..

Thanks in Advance,

Best,

Reddy

I am trying to get current date, when any body select status picklist from deferred,declined or closed. I wrote the formula for it but the problem is when resolved date is set to current date but if I open that request after it is closed after two or three days , it is changing my date to current date ( New). The formula is below.

Resolved Date=

IF( OR(ISPICKVAL(Status__c ,'Declined - Business Lead (Closed)'),ISPICKVAL(Status__c ,'Declined - Change Control (Closed)'),ISPICKVAL(Status__c ,'Deferred - Business Lead (Closed)'),ISPICKVAL(Status__c ,'Resolved - CRM (Closed)')),TODAY(), null)

I closed one req on 14th April , resolved date field shows thevalue 14th April but if I open that req after two days the resolved date field change its value from 14th to 16th without doing anything. Please help me.

Hello,

I would like to design specific sections of an object to expand or collapse using workflow (based on the value of picklist).  Is this possible?  If yes, will you bullet the point to follow.  If not, is there another solution?

Thanks

Hi

I am using a formula-

if( checkbox__c =true, DateTime__c- CreatedDate , now()-CreatedDate )

When I click ''Check Syntax' button then there is no error andCompiled sise is 207 characters, but when I tried to save it, this is showing error "Formula(s) that reference this field are no longer valid: Compiled formula is too big to execute (16.122 characters). Maximum size is 5.000 characters".

This is very basic and small formula, I wonder why this is showing error.

Hi All,
I want three fields should be mendatory once the Stage(picklist) is declined. These three fields are of type Lookup,Text and Number.

hi

i have a number field called "Quantity".

if i enter 55 , After saving the record, the quantity should be appeared as "  Kg.55 ".

"like currecy field"

please help me.............

Thanks.

Hi,

Need to have a page where the inputText field must be activated only when the checkbox next to it is tagged.

Can you please provide me an example?

Thanks.

I'm trying to make it so a field appears only when another field is answered a certain way.

For example:
I have a picklist that the user will choose  "Yes / No". Field name "Pan card "
If they choose Yes, then I want a text field to appear so they can provide Pan card Number.
If they choose No, then I don't want the field to appear.
Please Let Me Know either of possibilities (Configuration / Development).

Either Through VF,APex, or Customization.

Please let me know if this is possible, and how I would go about doing this. Thanks!

Hi friends,

Last one month back some one changed region pick list field in the opportunity object as a required for all. Based on the field changed date I need to clean the data. I didn’t find any field modification changes in view setup audit trail history and field history. How to find the history when he made the field as required. (He used Security control Field accessibility to make field required). is there any way to find it out.

Thanks,

Bhaskar.

Hi,

I have an app use the OAuth2.0 Username-Password Flow to get the access_token from Salesforce.

And I have already add my IP(static) in the Network Access, then I can get the access_token without security_token.

So, I add other team members IP in the Netword Access too. When they use my username and password to sent request to Salesforce, they can successful and can get the access_token without security_token. But when they use themselves credentail they can't sent request success, the Salesforce asking for security_token.

So, does anyone know why this problem happened?

Thanks!

I currently have a date field that displays a date 3 days from the date the form is opened. Here is the formula I used: TODAY() + 3

I would like to modify the formula to show a value of 3 business days instead of 3 days.  Can someone help?

Thanks in advance.

• March 16, 2011

Hi,

I want to lock particular Record on some condition.

Ex: I will include one custom field(check box) in Opportunity as "Lock". If this is checked for any Opportunity, then that Opportunity should not be accessible by any other group (Ex: Sales, Marketing).

How can I achieve this?

Thanks for any help.....