• Xede Consulting Group

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi there,

I'm a complete newbie in the Salesforce universe, so I beg forgiveness if what I'm asking sounds dull. 

I'm currently working on a Django app that serves a mobile app (the front-end mostly) that also has a web version. Some of the functionalities icnclude a lot of typical CRM functionality: resource management, agenda, staff management, scheduling, etc. Thus, instead of going for specific Django available CRM out there, I'm considering using Salesforce CRM....if that's even possible I mean. I know some people has do something similar in the past (Hotel Ninjas), although I couldn't find any info on that topic

That said, the Salesforce is just too big for me to grasp this....I know there is the CRM itself, but also this Salesforce Platform1....which one should I be using if I wanted to integrate some of the CRM functionalities in my Django app? 

Maybe what I'm saying makes no sense at all....please share your toughts!
Hi All, 

Maybe I am missing something but I am going around in cirlces with the Contacts without Hobbies report. I have: 

1. Created a custom report type to get Contacts without hobbies 
2. Created an Account Value bucket field
3. Create a % Open Opps Formula 
4. Added First Name, Last Name, Total Opp Value, Open Opp Value, Phone, Email, %Open Opps to the report 
5. Summarised by Account Value then Account 

And im still getting an error: 

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: The 'Contacts Without Hobbies' report is not configured correctly.

I have added screenshots of all the pieces - hoping someone else has hit this issue 

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image
I wrote a fairly simple Apex trigger in my company's sandbox that I want to roll out, but I don't understand how testing and code coverage work. Is there a way I can specifically just test my trigger and get salesforce to let me publish it?

Thanks
I have a component with some field and what not on there, basically I am trying to get a button to click using Shift + c, I have setup the short key via the app. this is what i have in my Component and Script. the ID of my component is called theComponent and the page where I use the component, id is called thePage. when i hit Shift + C nothing happens. 

<script>
sforce.console.addEventListener('SHIFT+C', function() {
                document.getElementById(
                        '{!$Component.thePage.externalComponentId.theComponent.theForm.pageBlockSection.blockButtons.addContact}').click();
            });
    </script>
    <apex:form id="theForm">

<apex:pageBlock mode="detail" id="pageBlockSection" rendered="{!!currentContact}" >
            <apex:pageBlockButtons id="blockButtons">
                <apex:actionStatus id="finishChangedNew" onstart="openPopUp()"/>
                <apex:commandButton id="addContact" alt="Add Contact" value="Add Contact" action="{!addContact}" status="finishChangedNew" onclick="document.getElementById('{!$Component.thePage.externalComponentId.theComponent.theForm.contactId}').value = '';"  />
                <br></br>......etc. </apex:form>
User-added image 

Hi guyz,

The picture of my vf page is given above, first one is the original vf fields and second one is the screenshot of the page generated using html2Canvas. I donot want the screenshot to appear in the vf page though the screenshot of the  vf page should be taken in background.
Please help me with this.

Hi there,

I'm a complete newbie in the Salesforce universe, so I beg forgiveness if what I'm asking sounds dull. 

I'm currently working on a Django app that serves a mobile app (the front-end mostly) that also has a web version. Some of the functionalities icnclude a lot of typical CRM functionality: resource management, agenda, staff management, scheduling, etc. Thus, instead of going for specific Django available CRM out there, I'm considering using Salesforce CRM....if that's even possible I mean. I know some people has do something similar in the past (Hotel Ninjas), although I couldn't find any info on that topic

That said, the Salesforce is just too big for me to grasp this....I know there is the CRM itself, but also this Salesforce Platform1....which one should I be using if I wanted to integrate some of the CRM functionalities in my Django app? 

Maybe what I'm saying makes no sense at all....please share your toughts!
Hi All,

While creating a lead from Web-to-lead form in Salesforce. In that Lead Source field value is weird.

Like, Lead Source value are ^(#$!@#$)(()))******, @@ISjyr, -1 OR 2+318-318-1=0+0+0+1 --,.....................

Any one tell the reseason behind on the Issue.

Thanks,

I would like to auto-update the Opportunity Stage based on the Activity Type of last activity. The only caveat is that the stage can not move up the funnel, only down the funnel.
Hi

I am facing two very weired issues.

1. I have created a triiger on task (before insert, before update) event.
In which I am assigning who Id to task on the basis of what Id. Code is working fine in the dev org. But the issue is when when I am doploying package in subscriber orgs, it is working in some orgs, bt not for all.
I can see Who Id value in the developer org in the (after insert, after update ) task, but In the salesforce UI who Id is not linked to the task.

2.  In case of before update of task trigger I am storing task Id's in a set .  The same issue like above I am facing here. i.e. for some orgs it is working perfectly fine while others a blank set is created in the develpoer console.

Please help.
Thanks In advance !!!