• 25 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a custom checkbox field on the Account object that can only be edited by a handful of users. There are no workflow + field updates, Process Builders, Apex Triggers or anything of the sort that can cause the value of this field to ever change from true to false or vice versa. 

With all that said, this field is continuously flipping back and forth between true/false values, often after another user has previously changed it and saved the record. We have a lot of 3rd party tools that sync with the Account object (AppExchange products/services), but this field is not a field that is synced between those programs so I've ruled out some sync-related errors as the root cause. 

I do have field history tracking enabled for this field, and it shows me (the admin) as the culprit for these changes, but it's happening at times when I am either not in the system or not doing any sort of mass record changes that could trigger this field to be changed, even though I am not aware of anything that could be causing this.

Is there some way to more closely track & determine what exactly is causing this issue? 

Thanks in advance!
  • April 06, 2017
I have a custom javascript button on the Opportunity object that when clicked should icnrease the value of a numerical field by '1' but instead it's simply adding '1' to the existing value. So if the number in the field is currently '1' then clicking the button changes it to '11' and clicking again changes it to '111' and so on... it's as if it is simply appending a '1' to the end of the numerical string.

Here is my code to update the counter field 'VelocifyResync':

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/38.0/connection.js")} 
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/38.0/apex.js")} 

var opp = new sforce.SObject("Opportunity");
opp.Id = '{!Opportunity.Id}';
var VelocifyResync = '{!Opportunity.Velocify_Resync__c}';

// assign values to fields on opportunity object

opp.Velocify_Resync__c = VelocifyResync + 1;

//save the change
var result = sforce.connection.update([opp]);

if(result[0].getBoolean("success")) { 
window.location.reload();;
} else { 
alert('Error : '+result);
}
Appreciate any help here! 
  • February 21, 2017
I have a custom javascript button on the Opportunity for "quick-creating" a case with a bunch of information (lookup fields, record type, etc.) pre-filled in on the case creation screen. 

What I am trying to do is have an alert appear upon clicking if it is determined that a case for the same opportunity was opened within the past 'x' days. Ideally, this would then present the user with the option to 'Cancel' or 'Proceed' with the latter click taking them to the case creation/edit screen with the aforementioned values inputted.

My gut is telling me that this is going to require some apex triggers and potentially a VF page, but just wanted to see if there is some other (easier / capable of being done in-house) resources to achieve this. 

Thanks in advance!
  • February 09, 2017
After spending close to two hours on the phone with Salesforce support, they suggested I should post here to find a solution to my problem. So now I am at the mercy of you kind developers prowling these boards and I am hopeful that together we can find a solution to my problem.

The Problem
Case ownership is transferring between users and my default support queue without the user's input, however, it appears as if the user is the one transferring the case. This can occur minutes after they initially take ownership, and sometimes it happens several hours later. It occurs with both open and closed cases, the latter be especially frustrating since the newly assigned owner will go to work the case without realizing it's already been closed. I have also verified that this is happening both during and after hours - when users are no longer logged into the system  - so I know that they are not the ones transferring the cases despite the Case feed suggesting otherwise. 

Investigation Thus Far
Assignment Rules - Even though I assumed this had nothing to do with assignment rules, I double checked. Sure enough, there are no active assignment rules - nor are there any Case page layouts where the 'Assign using active assignment rules' is visible and/or checked by default.

Apex Triggers - Salesforce support suggested this was the cause, which makes sense, but I looked and there are no active Apex Triggers that I have written / implemented, which would cause this behavior. In fact, there are only three (3) Case object triggers, all of which are managed by installed packages, and none of which are desigend to do anything with regards to Case ownership (one is related to our mapping software and the other two are for a contest/gamification application)

I just want to thank everyone in advance for any support or guidance you can provide here. Please let me know if there is anything else I should provide that would help diagnose the issue here.

Thank you.

Ben

• November 23, 2016
I have a basic javascript button that when clicked updates a datefield on the opportunity object. I'd like to know if it's possible to edit the code in this button so that any user can click it and it will appear as if the record was updated by me, the system admin. 

Here is the code:

opp.Dataloader_Update_Date__c = '{!Opportunity.Dataloader_Update_Date__c}';
opp.Manager_Followed_Opportunity__c = '{!Opportunity.Manager_Followed_Opportunity__c}';

opp.Dataloader_Update_Date__c = new Date();
opp.Manager_Followed_Opportunity__c = true;

//save the change 
result = sforce.connection.update([opp]);

//refresh the page 
window.location.reload();

I was thinking of designating the user as the system admin (using my user ID), but I couldn't get it working. Ultimately, I want it to work so that after the page refreshes, it shows the record as being last modified by myself and not the user who clicked the button.

Thanks in advance!
  • November 15, 2016
I have a custom textarea field where a user could input multiple email addresses that are then pulled into an email template via a button that refers to this field. 

What I am attempting to do is fire a validation rule if more than one '@' symbol is found and no comma (',') is present. The idea being that if the user wants to insert multiple email addresses then it'll prompt them to ensure these are separated via comma. The reason for doing this vs. creating mutliple lookup or email fields is that there may be instances where a user wants to include multiple (5+ recipents) and I do not want to waste fields or space on the page layout for all these individual fields and would rather just have one section.

Even better would be a rule that would look for & count how many '@' symbols appear and then make sure there are the same number of corresponding commas (well, actually one less since you do not need a comma at the end.)

The validation rule would then state something along the lines of "Please separate multiple email addresses with a comma."

I appreciate in advance any help that anyone can provide!
  • August 12, 2016
I am wondering if it is possible to update an opportunity field via the process builder when a task associated with the opportunity is created. The specific use case is that when a particular type of task is logged (criteria met) I want to check a box on the opportunity that the task is related to.

When I create the process, it doesn't appear possible to get to the related-to opportunity record.

Appreciate any help and insight that is provided.
  • March 01, 2016
I have a custom buttong designed to execute javascript for sending an email in the background and then refreshing the page.

The problem I am running into is that the button works perfectly for myself and the other administrator, but simply refreshes the page for everyone else who clicks it.

Because of this, my assumption is that there must be a user setting or permission for the profile(s) of those who cannot trigger the button to send the email. I've gone through and turned settings on/off and tried to strip the button code down, but I still can't quite figure out what is causing this issue. My hunch says it's something with the SingleEmailMessage or sendEmail parameters of the code, but the user profile(s) in question have the abiltiy to send email and do just about everything else and they don't run into issues with other javascript codes.

Here is my code:
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/35.0/connection.js")} 
if( 
{!Contact.Outside_PartnerId__c = "a1sG0000005AeeS"}) 
{ 
var message = new sforce.SingleEmailMessage(); 
message.replyTo = "{!User.Email}"; 
message.targetObjectId = "{!Contact.Id}"; 
message.templateId = "00XG0000001cZKS"; 
message.saveAsActivity = true; 
var result = sforce.connection.sendEmail([message]); 
} 
else{ 
alert('This button is only available for sending to Company X reps.'); 
} 

//refresh the page 

I really appreciate anyone's help or insight into this.
  • February 12, 2016
I have a button on the Opportunity object that if clicked, first looks to ensure that a box on the account page is checked True, otherwise it fails and displays an error message. If the intial condition is met, it will the update fields on both the Opportunity and Account records.

I am struggling with getting the "if" logic to work at the end of my code to display the error(s) that might prevent this process for completing. This usually occurs as a result of validation rules on either the Opportunity or Account object.

Below is what I currently have:
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/33.0/connection.js")}
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/33.0/apex.js")}

//declare the variable that will hold all the information

var acct = new sforce.SObject("Account");
var ssn = '{!Account.Sent_Suspension_Notice__c}';

//Check to see if the Account has been marked as being sent a suspension notice.

if(ssn == '0')
{
alert("The account has not been marked as being sent a suspension notice (check box on Account page.) This must be done prior to moving forward with the suspension process.");
}
else{

opp.Service_Suspended_Cancelled__c = '1';
opp.StageName = 'Service Suspended';
opp.Suspension_Date__c = new Date();
opp.RecordTypeId ='012G0000001QILv';

acct.Id = '{!Opportunity.AccountId}';
acct.Service_Suspended__c == '1';

//save the change
var result1 = sforce.connection.update([opp]);
var result2 = sforce.connection.update([acct]);

if(and(((result1[0].getBoolean("success")),(result2[0].getBoolean("success"))) {
alert("You have successfully initiated the suspension / cancellation process. Press OK to continue. ");
} else {
}

//refresh the page
window.location.reload();}

I'm trying to combine the two results and basically only display the "success" message if both objects were able to successfully update. If not, then I want to displa the error messages. 

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
  • October 15, 2015
I have a page detail button the is designed to execute javascript when clicked, resulting in a custom checkbox becoming marked "true" and the page refreshing/reloading.

Here is the code I am currently working with:

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/31.0/connection.js")}

//declare the varaiable that will hold all the information
var newRecords = [];

opp.Manager_Followed_Opportunity__c = '1';

//push the information through
newRecords.push(opp);

//save the change

//refresh the page

I cannot get the box to become marked true (I have already tried  changing 
opp.Manager_Followed_Opportunity__c = '1'; to = true/True/'True'/'true' with no success.)

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!
  • December 09, 2014
I am trying to create a onclick, executable javascript list button that will appear from the account record and enable the following when clicked:
  • Create a new contact record, using values that appear in custom fields on the Account record where the button appears
  • Update a check box field on the Account record
  • Display a confirmation message
Below is the button that I have so far:

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/31.0/apex.js")}

var ContactObj = new sforce.SObject("Contact");

ContactObj.Account='{!Account.Id}';
ContactObj.FirstName='{!Account.AP_First_Name__c}';
ContactObj.LastName='{!Account.AP_Last_Name__c}';
ContactObj.Phone='{!Account.Accounts_Payable_Phone__c}';
ContactObj.Responsible_for_A_P__c='1';

var result = sforce.connection.create([ContactObj]);

if(result[0].getBoolean("success")){
window.location = "/" + result[0].id + "/e";
}else{
alert('Could not create record '+result);
}

So a couple problems...

First, I'm getting an error that 'Account' doesn't exist on the contact object, which obviously is not the case. What am I messing up here? I know it's something small.

Second, I don't how to get it so that upon successfully creating the contact record, to also update the custom check box field on the account page. Idealy I'd like this to happen in the background and refresh the page so that the user isn't taken to the contact record page.

Thanks in advance for any help!
  • September 12, 2014

I have an OnClick Javascript button on the lead record that when clicked, changes the Lead status and refreshes the page. What'd I'd like is for a pop-up window to appear after the page refreshes displaying a message. 

I started playing around with the .onload and .reload function, but the alerts I wrote kept appearing upon the button being clicked, not after the page refreshes/reloads. I just want something to pop up and say "Your lead has been updated."

Here's the bottom portion of my code:

// assign values to fields using LeadObj variable
LeadObj.Status = 'Inactive';
LeadObj.Status_Reason__c = 'Lead Unresponsive';
}

//save the change
var result = sforce.connection.update([LeadObj]);

//refresh the page

• August 22, 2014

So let me preface this by stating that I have searched the boards and Google in general and have not been able to find a simplified explanation for what I am trying to do. I have very limited coding skills and no experience when it comes to Apex triggers so I appreciate in advance any and all help you can provide. I will do my best to explain below what I am trying to do.

On my lead records, I have a look up field to a custom object called 'Distributors.' If a lead comes in from an outside distributor, then the internal sales rep can look up and add the appropriate distributor. Sometimes these outside distributors have co-branded web landing pages so that visitors can fill out a web form, which becomes a new lead record. What I need is a way to have the distributor automatically filled in, something that doesn't necessarily need to occur upon the initial record creation, but could happen following this initial creation or during the subsequent record editing.

What I have in mind is a hidden pick list with all distributors listed. The web form would be set to default to the specified distributor value and the apex trigger would then take the text of this value and insert it into the look up field. If this doesn't work because of the source being a pick list, then I could create a workflow that takes the pick list value and inserts it into a text box. 

What I need help with is the basic code to make this happen as it's something that I will need to perhaps extend to campaigns and other custom objects that rely on the use of a look up fields on the lead record.

Once again, thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and for any help that can be provided.

I have a custom javascript button on the Opportunity object that when clicked should icnrease the value of a numerical field by '1' but instead it's simply adding '1' to the existing value. So if the number in the field is currently '1' then clicking the button changes it to '11' and clicking again changes it to '111' and so on... it's as if it is simply appending a '1' to the end of the numerical string.

Here is my code to update the counter field 'VelocifyResync':

var VelocifyResync = '{!Opportunity.Velocify_Resync__c}';

opp.Velocify_Resync__c = VelocifyResync + 1;

//save the change
var result = sforce.connection.update([opp]);

if(result[0].getBoolean("success")) { 
window.location.reload();;
} else { 
}
Appreciate any help here! 
  • February 21, 2017
After spending close to two hours on the phone with Salesforce support, they suggested I should post here to find a solution to my problem. So now I am at the mercy of you kind developers prowling these boards and I am hopeful that together we can find a solution to my problem.

The Problem
Case ownership is transferring between users and my default support queue without the user's input, however, it appears as if the user is the one transferring the case. This can occur minutes after they initially take ownership, and sometimes it happens several hours later. It occurs with both open and closed cases, the latter be especially frustrating since the newly assigned owner will go to work the case without realizing it's already been closed. I have also verified that this is happening both during and after hours - when users are no longer logged into the system  - so I know that they are not the ones transferring the cases despite the Case feed suggesting otherwise. 

Investigation Thus Far
Assignment Rules - Even though I assumed this had nothing to do with assignment rules, I double checked. Sure enough, there are no active assignment rules - nor are there any Case page layouts where the 'Assign using active assignment rules' is visible and/or checked by default.

Apex Triggers - Salesforce support suggested this was the cause, which makes sense, but I looked and there are no active Apex Triggers that I have written / implemented, which would cause this behavior. In fact, there are only three (3) Case object triggers, all of which are managed by installed packages, and none of which are desigend to do anything with regards to Case ownership (one is related to our mapping software and the other two are for a contest/gamification application)

I just want to thank everyone in advance for any support or guidance you can provide here. Please let me know if there is anything else I should provide that would help diagnose the issue here.

Thank you.

Ben

• November 23, 2016
I have a basic javascript button that when clicked updates a datefield on the opportunity object. I'd like to know if it's possible to edit the code in this button so that any user can click it and it will appear as if the record was updated by me, the system admin. 

Here is the code:

opp.Dataloader_Update_Date__c = '{!Opportunity.Dataloader_Update_Date__c}';
opp.Manager_Followed_Opportunity__c = '{!Opportunity.Manager_Followed_Opportunity__c}';

opp.Dataloader_Update_Date__c = new Date();
opp.Manager_Followed_Opportunity__c = true;

//save the change 

//refresh the page 

I was thinking of designating the user as the system admin (using my user ID), but I couldn't get it working. Ultimately, I want it to work so that after the page refreshes, it shows the record as being last modified by myself and not the user who clicked the button.

Thanks in advance!
  • November 15, 2016
I have a custom textarea field where a user could input multiple email addresses that are then pulled into an email template via a button that refers to this field. 

What I am attempting to do is fire a validation rule if more than one '@' symbol is found and no comma (',') is present. The idea being that if the user wants to insert multiple email addresses then it'll prompt them to ensure these are separated via comma. The reason for doing this vs. creating mutliple lookup or email fields is that there may be instances where a user wants to include multiple (5+ recipents) and I do not want to waste fields or space on the page layout for all these individual fields and would rather just have one section.

Even better would be a rule that would look for & count how many '@' symbols appear and then make sure there are the same number of corresponding commas (well, actually one less since you do not need a comma at the end.)

The validation rule would then state something along the lines of "Please separate multiple email addresses with a comma."

I appreciate in advance any help that anyone can provide!
  • August 12, 2016
I have a custom buttong designed to execute javascript for sending an email in the background and then refreshing the page.

The problem I am running into is that the button works perfectly for myself and the other administrator, but simply refreshes the page for everyone else who clicks it.

Because of this, my assumption is that there must be a user setting or permission for the profile(s) of those who cannot trigger the button to send the email. I've gone through and turned settings on/off and tried to strip the button code down, but I still can't quite figure out what is causing this issue. My hunch says it's something with the SingleEmailMessage or sendEmail parameters of the code, but the user profile(s) in question have the abiltiy to send email and do just about everything else and they don't run into issues with other javascript codes.

Here is my code:
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/35.0/connection.js")} 
if( 
{!Contact.Outside_PartnerId__c = "a1sG0000005AeeS"}) 
{ 
var message = new sforce.SingleEmailMessage(); 
message.replyTo = "{!User.Email}"; 
message.targetObjectId = "{!Contact.Id}"; 
message.templateId = "00XG0000001cZKS"; 
message.saveAsActivity = true; 
var result = sforce.connection.sendEmail([message]); 
} 
else{ 
alert('This button is only available for sending to Company X reps.'); 
} 

//refresh the page 

I really appreciate anyone's help or insight into this.
  • February 12, 2016
I have a button on the Opportunity object that if clicked, first looks to ensure that a box on the account page is checked True, otherwise it fails and displays an error message. If the intial condition is met, it will the update fields on both the Opportunity and Account records.

I am struggling with getting the "if" logic to work at the end of my code to display the error(s) that might prevent this process for completing. This usually occurs as a result of validation rules on either the Opportunity or Account object.

Below is what I currently have:
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/33.0/connection.js")}
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/33.0/apex.js")}

var acct = new sforce.SObject("Account");
var ssn = '{!Account.Sent_Suspension_Notice__c}';

//Check to see if the Account has been marked as being sent a suspension notice.

if(ssn == '0')
{
alert("The account has not been marked as being sent a suspension notice (check box on Account page.) This must be done prior to moving forward with the suspension process.");
}
else{

opp.Service_Suspended_Cancelled__c = '1';
opp.StageName = 'Service Suspended';
opp.Suspension_Date__c = new Date();
opp.RecordTypeId ='012G0000001QILv';

acct.Id = '{!Opportunity.AccountId}';
acct.Service_Suspended__c == '1';

//save the change
var result1 = sforce.connection.update([opp]);
var result2 = sforce.connection.update([acct]);

if(and(((result1[0].getBoolean("success")),(result2[0].getBoolean("success"))) {
alert("You have successfully initiated the suspension / cancellation process. Press OK to continue. ");
} else {
}

//refresh the page
window.location.reload();}

I'm trying to combine the two results and basically only display the "success" message if both objects were able to successfully update. If not, then I want to displa the error messages. 

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
  • October 15, 2015
I have a page detail button the is designed to execute javascript when clicked, resulting in a custom checkbox becoming marked "true" and the page refreshing/reloading.

Here is the code I am currently working with:

//declare the varaiable that will hold all the information
var newRecords = [];

opp.Manager_Followed_Opportunity__c = '1';

//push the information through
newRecords.push(opp);

//save the change

//refresh the page

I cannot get the box to become marked true (I have already tried  changing 
opp.Manager_Followed_Opportunity__c = '1'; to = true/True/'True'/'true' with no success.)

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!
  • December 09, 2014
I am trying to create a onclick, executable javascript list button that will appear from the account record and enable the following when clicked:
  • Create a new contact record, using values that appear in custom fields on the Account record where the button appears
  • Update a check box field on the Account record
  • Display a confirmation message
Below is the button that I have so far:

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/31.0/apex.js")}

var ContactObj = new sforce.SObject("Contact");

ContactObj.Account='{!Account.Id}';
ContactObj.FirstName='{!Account.AP_First_Name__c}';
ContactObj.LastName='{!Account.AP_Last_Name__c}';
ContactObj.Phone='{!Account.Accounts_Payable_Phone__c}';
ContactObj.Responsible_for_A_P__c='1';

var result = sforce.connection.create([ContactObj]);

if(result[0].getBoolean("success")){
window.location = "/" + result[0].id + "/e";
}else{
alert('Could not create record '+result);
}

So a couple problems...

First, I'm getting an error that 'Account' doesn't exist on the contact object, which obviously is not the case. What am I messing up here? I know it's something small.

Second, I don't how to get it so that upon successfully creating the contact record, to also update the custom check box field on the account page. Idealy I'd like this to happen in the background and refresh the page so that the user isn't taken to the contact record page.

• September 12, 2014

I have an OnClick Javascript button on the lead record that when clicked, changes the Lead status and refreshes the page. What'd I'd like is for a pop-up window to appear after the page refreshes displaying a message. 

I started playing around with the .onload and .reload function, but the alerts I wrote kept appearing upon the button being clicked, not after the page refreshes/reloads. I just want something to pop up and say "Your lead has been updated."

Here's the bottom portion of my code:

// assign values to fields using LeadObj variable
LeadObj.Status = 'Inactive';
LeadObj.Status_Reason__c = 'Lead Unresponsive';
}

//save the change
var result = sforce.connection.update([LeadObj]);

//refresh the page

• August 22, 2014

So let me preface this by stating that I have searched the boards and Google in general and have not been able to find a simplified explanation for what I am trying to do. I have very limited coding skills and no experience when it comes to Apex triggers so I appreciate in advance any and all help you can provide. I will do my best to explain below what I am trying to do.

On my lead records, I have a look up field to a custom object called 'Distributors.' If a lead comes in from an outside distributor, then the internal sales rep can look up and add the appropriate distributor. Sometimes these outside distributors have co-branded web landing pages so that visitors can fill out a web form, which becomes a new lead record. What I need is a way to have the distributor automatically filled in, something that doesn't necessarily need to occur upon the initial record creation, but could happen following this initial creation or during the subsequent record editing.

What I have in mind is a hidden pick list with all distributors listed. The web form would be set to default to the specified distributor value and the apex trigger would then take the text of this value and insert it into the look up field. If this doesn't work because of the source being a pick list, then I could create a workflow that takes the pick list value and inserts it into a text box. 

What I need help with is the basic code to make this happen as it's something that I will need to perhaps extend to campaigns and other custom objects that rely on the use of a look up fields on the lead record.

Once again, thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and for any help that can be provided.

Hi,

"Salesforce International Mapping using Google Maps" (https://sites.secure.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016d25EAA) is a great, simple app, but it uses version 2 of the gmaps API, which is (a) deprecated, and (b) served over HTTP, which causes SSL errors on modern browsers since SFDC is served over HTTPS.

Is anyone working on updating the app to use the new version of the Google Maps API?

Thanks,

Benj

• March 13, 2012