• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

Force.com requires that when we call a WS callout method from a trigger we Must use the @future annotation for the WS callout method.

But @future methods are not allowed to have any Object as arguments. I need to pass 'Account' object arg to this method but force.com won't allow me.

is there a woraround or a new  solution for the scenario i described above?

thanks

Hello,

I'm a Java jbilling developer and I'm new to the salesforce platform. we have started a project in our company to integrate JBilling with salesforce.basically the integration will consist of listeneing to SF events like a lead has been converted etc..and when these SF events are triggered i should then contact Jbilling to do Jbilling tasks based on SF events.

I did some research and discovered the Force.com platform which could be used to develop Force.com Apps deployable and installable in SF.

I still can't make a descision what is the best option to implement this integration. I thought of two options:

1- Develop a Force.com App that talks to JBilling webservice API

2-Develop a pure Java client that talks both to SF webservice API and JBilling webservice API.

while i prefer the second option b/c i'm basically a Java developer and want to avoid the learning curve of the Force.com platform ; i have concerns & questions about the second option:

-is it possible to implement pure Java Listeners for SF events (like a lead has been converted etc..)

-can i do all logic in pure java without configuring SF with workflows etc..

I would like some guidelines how to approach this integration. I would like to avoid using the Force.com App if possible and use pure Java client. but i'm not sure if pure java client would be able to listen and capture SF workflows (events) without having to manually configure SF .

thanks for your time & help

Hello,

Force.com requires that when we call a WS callout method from a trigger we Must use the @future annotation for the WS callout method.

But @future methods are not allowed to have any Object as arguments. I need to pass 'Account' object arg to this method but force.com won't allow me.

is there a woraround or a new  solution for the scenario i described above?

thanks

Hello,

I'm a Java jbilling developer and I'm new to the salesforce platform. we have started a project in our company to integrate JBilling with salesforce.basically the integration will consist of listeneing to SF events like a lead has been converted etc..and when these SF events are triggered i should then contact Jbilling to do Jbilling tasks based on SF events.

I did some research and discovered the Force.com platform which could be used to develop Force.com Apps deployable and installable in SF.

I still can't make a descision what is the best option to implement this integration. I thought of two options:

1- Develop a Force.com App that talks to JBilling webservice API

2-Develop a pure Java client that talks both to SF webservice API and JBilling webservice API.

while i prefer the second option b/c i'm basically a Java developer and want to avoid the learning curve of the Force.com platform ; i have concerns & questions about the second option:

-is it possible to implement pure Java Listeners for SF events (like a lead has been converted etc..)

-can i do all logic in pure java without configuring SF with workflows etc..

I would like some guidelines how to approach this integration. I would like to avoid using the Force.com App if possible and use pure Java client. but i'm not sure if pure java client would be able to listen and capture SF workflows (events) without having to manually configure SF .

thanks for your time & help

I need to call  an external service from VF. I am trying to generate apex classes from WSDL and running into issues for import and includes as shown below.

Failed to parse wsdl: Unknown element: import

Failed to parse wsdl: Found schema import from location CLiteratureItems.xsd. External schema import not supported

Failed to parse wsdl: Unsupported Schema element found http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:include. At: 7:57

I have seen some posts on these and suggestion is to rework on the wsdl to bring in the external wsdl's into the same. 

Is there any documentation on how to get this resolved. 

Really appreciate your help.

Message Edited by DCS on 04-23-2009 01:55 PM
  • April 23, 2009