• 55 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I just wanted to know. As an admin how can i give access or permissions to my marketing user to activate and deactivate the campaign.

I already tried enabling them as marketing user and gave all permissions to read, create, edit, delete, view all and modify all permissions on campaign still after creating a campaign they can't check it as active while creating a campaign. 

Any help will be appreciated.

• May 10, 2013

I am trying to get current date, when any body select status picklist from deferred,declined or closed. I wrote the formula for it but the problem is when resolved date is set to current date but if I open that request after it is closed after two or three days , it is changing my date to current date ( New). The formula is below.

Resolved Date=

IF( OR(ISPICKVAL(Status__c ,'Declined - Business Lead (Closed)'),ISPICKVAL(Status__c ,'Declined - Change Control (Closed)'),ISPICKVAL(Status__c ,'Deferred - Business Lead (Closed)'),ISPICKVAL(Status__c ,'Resolved - CRM (Closed)')),TODAY(), null)

I closed one req on 14th April , resolved date field shows thevalue 14th April but if I open that req after two days the resolved date field change its value from 14th to 16th without doing anything. Please help me.

I contacted SF Support and it seems that the SOQL Polymorphism  feature can't be used in Data Loader. Does any one have experience using this feature? What tool supports the Typeof expressions?

Thank you very much!

Probably this is the weirdest post made in a long time and I apologize for it.

My question is simple, do you guys out there know of any book or material that will help you understand the development of an app from a consulting perspective. i.e the steps to follow to do a consulting service like

data collection

mapping with current technology

goals

etc...you get the idea?

The material doesn't have to be SF related, but anything would help to get my thoughts organized. Probably experience is what you need, but for someone who has little experience like me...maybe you guys can help me get started with some material that you know about.

Thanks!

Hi Team,

I have the following questions:

-How many API calls are required to create a record? i.e If the application using the API creates 567 records, does that mean that 567 Create() calls are used? or a single API call can address multiple accions?

-Is this application specific? i.e One application can use one call to create 7 records while other application require less/more calls per record.

-Is this configurable by the developer of the app?

-Does the number of fields on the created record affect the number of calls used?

Thank you so much for your help.

Hi Team,

I'm creating my first visualforce template using the example given here 

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/VisualForceEmailTemplates_sample

I'm not sure that I understand how merge fields work here, so I'd appreciate some help. I can see this code on the template:

<apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.Cases}">

<tr>

<td><a href="https://na1.salesforce.com/{!cx.id}">View</a> | 

<a href="https://na1.salesforce.com/{!cx.id}/e">Edit</a></td>

<td>{!cx.CaseNumber}</td>

<td>{!cx.Subject}</td>

<td>{!cx.Contact.email}</td>

<td>{!cx.Status}</td>

Can you please confirm that what's happening here is that you are creating a variable, declaring it with the {!relatedTo.Cases} value and then using (!cx.CaseNumber) as merge fields?

How do I know what the merge fields are, i.e Contact.email versus ContactEmail or Case.ContactEmail?

Are these the same merge fields use in email templates and/or formulas?

Thank you for your help. 

Hi Team,

I created this custom link which basically puts the lead into edit mode and populates SQL on the company name.

/{!Lead.Id}/e?lea3=SQL&retURL=%2F{!Lead.Id}

Is there any way I can configure it so that when I click on it, it edits the lead and saves it automatically.

Currently, I need to click the Save button.

Thanks!

Hi Team,

As you know, dated exchange rates (advanced currency management) is not available for custom objects. Has any of your deployed some work around with apex code?

I would appreciate any advise.

Thank you.

Pablo Gonzalez

Hi Team,

I'm trying to understand how custom settings work.

I created a hierarchical custom setting called Tax and it's got two fields in it.

Role(text)

Percent(percent)

I created two data sets, one where the assigned profile is System Administrator and another one where the assigned profile is Standard User.

The data sets are as follows:

Name:Admin

Role:System Administrator

Percent: 10

Name:stdUser

Role: Standard User

Percent: 32

Then, I created a formula text field with the following syntax

"Your role is $Setup.Taxes__c.Role__c"

What I wanted to happen,is that if I'm logged in as an Admin, I should see "Your role is System Administrator" but if I'm logged in as a standard user I should then see "Your role is Standard User" but regardless of the user I'm logged in as, the formula displays Your role is $Setup.Taxes__c.Role__c

Any advise?

Thanks

Pablo Gonzalez

I have found this formula which works as a charm to calculate the number of days/hours/min between to date/time fields. I am trying to understand how the formula works but I am on a dead end. Please help. First, you need to create a formula field (number) that subtracts one date/time field from the other date/time. In my case, this formula field is called Time_to_approve__c

The formula that calculates the days/hour/min looks like this:

IF ( Time_to_approve__c > 0,
TEXT(FLOOR(Time_to_approve__c)) & " days " &
TEXT( FLOOR( 24 * ( Time_to_approve__c - FLOOR(Time_to_approve__c) ))) & " hours " &
TEXT( ROUND(60 * (ROUND( 24 * ( Time_to_approve__c - FLOOR(Time_to_approve__c) ),8) - FLOOR(
ROUND( 24 * ( Time_to_approve__c - FLOOR(Time_to_approve__c) ),8)) ),0)) & " mn "
, "")

The formula field looks like this: 2 days 1 hours 12 mn

Right now, the value of Time_to_approve__c is 2 (***again, this is the result of a date/field value being substraced from another date/time field value***)

I understand the first part of the formula :
TEXT(FLOOR(Time_to_approve__c)) & " days " it rounds the number to the nearest integer, which is 2. So this results in " 2 days" which makes sense.

The issue is on the 2nd part of the formula, which calculates the hours. The syntax says:

TEXT( FLOOR( 24 * ( Time_to_approve__c - FLOOR(Time_to_approve__c) )))

This currently returns a value of 1.

FLOOR(Time_to_approve__c) is 2 (I confirmed this with another formula field) and again, Time_to_approve__c is 2. So, (Time_to_approve__c) - FLOOR(Time_to_approve__c) is 0, multiplied by 24 is 0 too, rounded to its nearest integer would return 0 as 0 is also considered a whole number...then, why does this part of the formula returns a value of 1?

Thank you.

Hi Team,

As you know, dated exchange rates (advanced currency management) is not available for custom objects. Has any of your deployed some work around with apex code?

Thank you.

Pablo Gonzalez

I contacted SF Support and it seems that the SOQL Polymorphism  feature can't be used in Data Loader. Does any one have experience using this feature? What tool supports the Typeof expressions?

Thank you very much!

I just wanted to know. As an admin how can i give access or permissions to my marketing user to activate and deactivate the campaign.

I already tried enabling them as marketing user and gave all permissions to read, create, edit, delete, view all and modify all permissions on campaign still after creating a campaign they can't check it as active while creating a campaign. 

Any help will be appreciated.

• May 10, 2013

Good Morning,

I have been tasked with creating a pricing tool for my company.

I'm asking for some guidance from all the the experts out here. :)

I have creating a custom object called Pricing Tool, it has basic fields, and some formula fields bring in account name, etc. I  need to be able to add buttons that would make it possible to add products to the tool. The button would be "Add Product", my first question would be how can I connect that button to then open up the existing Product object? If I need to create a visualforce page where inthe page do I say go get the Product object information and connect it to this button.

My next question is on field dependencies, is it possible to have field dependencies on a multi-picklist? I need to be able to create a tool where sales would pick product 1, but when you pick product 1, sub products a, b, c come with it automatically and then there's a list of optional sub products that you can add, and again if you choose on of those there may be products that come with those automatically.

Ex.
Product 1 - comes with a,b,c
optional - e, f, g,
choose g.
Product G Options h, j, k

In the end I have a list of the products the sales person wants in the quote that can then be used to create a contract.

I know that there are existing apps out theres, ex. cameleon, but we do not have the budget, so I'm hoping to be able to create this with what exists in salesforces, (product, quote, contract objects) and enhance with visualforce pages.

At some point I will need to bring in a consultant to assit with the finishing touches and/or guide me, as I'm currently training on visualforce. If there are other elements that I need to learn, would also love some guideance/suggestions.

Thank you for your thoughts, ideas.
Nancy

Hi Team,

I have the following questions:

-How many API calls are required to create a record? i.e If the application using the API creates 567 records, does that mean that 567 Create() calls are used? or a single API call can address multiple accions?

-Is this application specific? i.e One application can use one call to create 7 records while other application require less/more calls per record.

-Is this configurable by the developer of the app?

-Does the number of fields on the created record affect the number of calls used?

Thank you so much for your help.

Hi Team,

I'm creating my first visualforce template using the example given here 

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/VisualForceEmailTemplates_sample

I'm not sure that I understand how merge fields work here, so I'd appreciate some help. I can see this code on the template:

<apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.Cases}">

<tr>

<td><a href="https://na1.salesforce.com/{!cx.id}">View</a> | 

<a href="https://na1.salesforce.com/{!cx.id}/e">Edit</a></td>

<td>{!cx.CaseNumber}</td>

<td>{!cx.Subject}</td>

<td>{!cx.Contact.email}</td>

<td>{!cx.Status}</td>

Can you please confirm that what's happening here is that you are creating a variable, declaring it with the {!relatedTo.Cases} value and then using (!cx.CaseNumber) as merge fields?

How do I know what the merge fields are, i.e Contact.email versus ContactEmail or Case.ContactEmail?

Are these the same merge fields use in email templates and/or formulas?

Thank you for your help. 

Hi Team,

I created this custom link which basically puts the lead into edit mode and populates SQL on the company name.

/{!Lead.Id}/e?lea3=SQL&retURL=%2F{!Lead.Id}

Is there any way I can configure it so that when I click on it, it edits the lead and saves it automatically.

Currently, I need to click the Save button.

Thanks!

Hi Team,

Thank you.

Pablo Gonzalez

Hi Team,

I'm trying to understand how custom settings work.

I created a hierarchical custom setting called Tax and it's got two fields in it.

Role(text)

Percent(percent)

I created two data sets, one where the assigned profile is System Administrator and another one where the assigned profile is Standard User.

The data sets are as follows:

Name:Admin

Role:System Administrator

Percent: 10

Name:stdUser

Role: Standard User

Percent: 32

Then, I created a formula text field with the following syntax

"Your role is $Setup.Taxes__c.Role__c"

What I wanted to happen,is that if I'm logged in as an Admin, I should see "Your role is System Administrator" but if I'm logged in as a standard user I should then see "Your role is Standard User" but regardless of the user I'm logged in as, the formula displays Your role is $Setup.Taxes__c.Role__c

Any advise?

Thanks

Pablo Gonzalez

I am trying to get current date, when any body select status picklist from deferred,declined or closed. I wrote the formula for it but the problem is when resolved date is set to current date but if I open that request after it is closed after two or three days , it is changing my date to current date ( New). The formula is below.

Resolved Date=

IF( OR(ISPICKVAL(Status__c ,'Declined - Business Lead (Closed)'),ISPICKVAL(Status__c ,'Declined - Change Control (Closed)'),ISPICKVAL(Status__c ,'Deferred - Business Lead (Closed)'),ISPICKVAL(Status__c ,'Resolved - CRM (Closed)')),TODAY(), null)

I closed one req on 14th April , resolved date field shows thevalue 14th April but if I open that req after two days the resolved date field change its value from 14th to 16th without doing anything. Please help me.

Validation rule for a field in a standard object can be given through triggers/objects validation rule/ controllers.

is there any other way to do validation.

• April 12, 2013

I have found this formula which works as a charm to calculate the number of days/hours/min between to date/time fields. I am trying to understand how the formula works but I am on a dead end. Please help. First, you need to create a formula field (number) that subtracts one date/time field from the other date/time. In my case, this formula field is called Time_to_approve__c

The formula that calculates the days/hour/min looks like this:

IF ( Time_to_approve__c > 0,
TEXT(FLOOR(Time_to_approve__c)) & " days " &
TEXT( FLOOR( 24 * ( Time_to_approve__c - FLOOR(Time_to_approve__c) ))) & " hours " &
TEXT( ROUND(60 * (ROUND( 24 * ( Time_to_approve__c - FLOOR(Time_to_approve__c) ),8) - FLOOR(
ROUND( 24 * ( Time_to_approve__c - FLOOR(Time_to_approve__c) ),8)) ),0)) & " mn "
, "")

The formula field looks like this: 2 days 1 hours 12 mn

Right now, the value of Time_to_approve__c is 2 (***again, this is the result of a date/field value being substraced from another date/time field value***)

I understand the first part of the formula :
TEXT(FLOOR(Time_to_approve__c)) & " days " it rounds the number to the nearest integer, which is 2. So this results in " 2 days" which makes sense.

The issue is on the 2nd part of the formula, which calculates the hours. The syntax says:

TEXT( FLOOR( 24 * ( Time_to_approve__c - FLOOR(Time_to_approve__c) )))

This currently returns a value of 1.

FLOOR(Time_to_approve__c) is 2 (I confirmed this with another formula field) and again, Time_to_approve__c is 2. So, (Time_to_approve__c) - FLOOR(Time_to_approve__c) is 0, multiplied by 24 is 0 too, rounded to its nearest integer would return 0 as 0 is also considered a whole number...then, why does this part of the formula returns a value of 1?

Thank you.

Hello,

I need to create a report with the following catagory, it may look simple but can't generate in professional edition 

All contacts without opportunity.

i have tried rollup summay field on account, it shows all contacts(with/without opportunity) related to account 

I cannot create a formula or rollup field in contact to calculate total opportunities since there is no any direct relationship between contact and opportunities.

I can create report type - opportunities with contact role but there is no cross filter functionality available on professional edition also if i use the filter contact id equal none its not at all filtering properly. This kind of relationship filter is not implemented i guess.

If anyone came across same situation and found any solution for this PLEASE help me.

Email - sthandavarayan@gtr.net

I'm attempting to add my company logo to a visual force page, which is then being rendered as a pdf, but have not been successful.  I've attempted to do so in three ways:

Image is on a website:

<apex:image url="http://www.tsysacquiring.com/graphics/logos/tsysacquiring_top_logo.gif" width="220" height="55"/>

Image has been loaded into Salesforce into documents, and is in the /alva/ folder:
<apex:image value="/alva/TSYS_logo_for_TSYS_Sales_App.jpg" width="220" height="55"/>

Image is on my C:\drive:

<apex:image value="C:\data\TSYS_Logo_for_TSYS_Sales_App.jpg" width="220" height="55"/>

All three attempts have resulted in a broken image icon being displayed.  This seems like a very straightforward thing I'm attempting, and I'd expect it to be rather simple.  Any one have a syntax example that they know works.

Thanks!