• 35 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I know this should be a simple one however wanted to come to you for help.  

• I need a formula that will take a date field and tell me how many business days remain in that given month.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!  

• October 09, 2013

Is there a way to have the "Show/Hide Feed" at the top of every page be closed instead of open?  The information is fine but I only want to show it if the user wants it and clicks Show Feed.  

Thanks

• March 05, 2013

I have a question regarding an integration user's url.  What is the last component?

UserName: jsmith@gmail.com
salesforce.password=XXXXXXXXX
salesforce.url=https://login.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/16.0/0DFS0000000XXX

Thanks

• February 22, 2013

I want to enforce users to "add product" when they create a new opportunity.  

--

I am only displaying the "save & add product" button however the user can still decide to cancel while filling out the product and the opportunity still saves. I need to be able to not allow the user to create the Opp. without the Product information filled out.  

Any help with how I would accompish this would be great.  

• February 21, 2013

This is a fun one, but need a little help.  

I am making a validation rule based on Close date and Opportunity Stage and I can't see why it's not working.  

AND ( 
OR ( 
NOT(ISPICKVAL( StageName, "Closed Won")), 
NOT(ISPICKVAL( StageName, "Closed Lost"))), 
CloseDate < TODAY() 
)

Basically the requirement is that if the close date is in the past, you cannot update the opportunity stage to Closed Won or Close Lost.  Here is what I got.  It doesn’t seem to be working?  Any help?

• February 12, 2013

I'm using the Force.com IDE for the first time and attempting to migrate all the meta-data from one instance to a brand new developer edition account. I am fine doing this piece by piece however long it takes.

I am running into what seems to be a rookie error.

Let's say I am only bringing over the Lead's meta-data, which includes custom fields, business proceses, custom record types, ect... I get all types of errors including ones like these:

• File Name: objects/Lead.object Full Name: Lead.Real_Money_Account_Status__c Action: NO ACTION Result: FAILED Problem: The entity: Lead does not have history tracking enabled
  • File Name: objects/Task.object Full Name: Task.Historical_Task Action: NO ACTION Result: FAILED Problem: Picklist value: Historical in picklist: Status not found

I would understand how to resolve these specific errors (ie. enable tracking and add a picklist value) but it was my understanding that that is the whole purpose of the Force.com IDE?

What am I doing wrong?

I got good advice from someone here about Person accounts issues, and indeed, the source account is a person account. But still NOTHING is being created and I'm not even trying to bring over the accounts object or feilds yet.

Thanks! 

• January 28, 2013

Question.

I'm deploying an entire org.'s metadata into a new one.  When I deploy I am met with all types of errors, like: " field does not exist." and a whole bunch of other error messages, suggesting that objects i'm trying to deploy from Force.IDE do not exist in the destination org.  

Obviously they do not exist, i'm attempting to create them! 

Is this an order of operations error where the Force.com IDE trys to reference them but it has not yet created them?  

Should I alternatively use an "Unmanaged Package?"

Seems a lot easier, only catch is that there is a lot of Person Accounts which for some reason is not supported in packages, so I get errors there.

Could you provide a workaround?

Thanks.

• January 24, 2013

Question, 

Can you deploy change sets from one production to another production org.?

Thanks!  

• January 22, 2013

I have to do some brainstorming regarding an Approval Process solution, and would love any suggestions you have.  Here's the requirement.  

Two step approval process.  

• First Step:  Approved by one of the  Assitant Managers.  (30 different Assistant Managers that manage unique areas) 
  • Second Step: Approved by Senior Manager

Challenge:  The submanagers are not salesforce users in Salesforce.  I know that approvers have to be users in SalesForce, however these managers will never be.  

I have to think outside the box, even if i totally remove the first step of the approval process and replace it with a field update, apex coding, or have to do some programming in microsoft Outlook.

Thanks for your strategy thoguhts!  

• January 21, 2013

Does anyone know what to do about this Mail Merge issue? Please advise.  

My Machine Details:

• Windows 7 
  • 64 bit
  • Microsoft Word 2010

I am met with this error message when trying to generate a document.  

• "Exception:CMMHost:GenMailMerge:Exception. The mail merge feature is only support(sic) for Office 2000 and above."

Since I have Word 2010 I figured I should be alright however when you go read more about mail merge you can also find this issue in the literature.  

Salesforce Mail Merge documents claim mail merge is only supportred 

• Microsoft Word 2003 or 2007
  • Microsoft Windows® XP and Windows Vista® (32-bit only)

I realize I am running a 64 bit but find it hard believe it is not capable of running mail merge. 

Please Help.  

• January 17, 2013

Inherited Org Test Coverage Low

I just inherited an instance which test coverage is well below the 75% required to deploy anything.  What are people's reccomendations?

I know I should try to fix everything and bring coverage up 100% but I'm just beginning to learn apex so wanted to know if i could get a work around for the time being.  

Many thanks.  

• January 12, 2013

Pie Chart with Wedges from Two Fields

I have a Master Custom Object called "Desks."  On this object I have two revenue fields.  "Firm Revenue" and "Team Revenue."  The Firm revenue is a big number say $50,000,000.  The Team Revenue is smaller, say $10,000,000.

Essentially the firm made $40,000,000, the team made $10,000,000 and the together they made $50,000,000. 

Is there a way to have a pie chart that has wedges for both Firm Revenue and Team Revenue in the same pie?  (In this situation it would show a wedge for $10,000,000 and a different wedge for $40,000,000. 

One thing to note is team revenue is a roll up summary of a child object totallying the revenue from that object.  

Thanks in advance!  

• January 11, 2013

Pie Chart with Wedges from Two Fields

I have a Master Custom Object called "Desks."  On this object I have two revenue fields.  "Firm Revenue" and "Team Revenue."  The Firm revenue is a big number say $50,000,000.  The Team Revenue is smaller, say $10,000,000.

Essentially the firm made $40,000,000, the team made $10,000,000 and the together they made $50,000,000. 

Is there a way to have a pie chart that has wedges for both Firm Revenue and Team Revenue in the same pie?  (In this situation it would show a wedge for $10,000,000 and a different wedge for $40,000,000 

Thanks in advance!  

• January 11, 2013

Can someone please help?  I am almost certain Hierachies in SalesForce do not work as they are specified.  

Sharing Settings Organization Wide Defaults 

Lead = Private

Account = Private

Opportunity = Private

Sharing Rules on all Objects:  NONE!

Admin

L Head of Finance

L Direct Account Rep

L Operations

L Head of Sales

L  Sales Manager

L  View Only Sales Rep

Issues:

1.)  View Only Sales Rep can see a records owned even by the ADMIN.  

I Want the "View Only Sales Rep" not to be able to see anything.  And then I will add him specifically to certain Sales Manager Default Account and Opportunity Team to allow him to view only those records.  

• January 10, 2013

Objective:  Sales Reps only See Accounts They Own or Are In Same Role.  

Account Security:  Private.

Profile Object Security:  "View All" and "Modify All"  DESELECTED

Situation:  I have a group of sales reps that are all in the same role.  Everyone can see each other's records.  From here I want to change the system so each sales rep can only see the account records they own.  I also want to be able to add a read-only user to certain sales reps.  So that read only user will be able to see accounts and contacts belonging to a certain single sales rep.  

Plan:  Create a role for each individual salesrep at the same level of the hierarchy.  For the read only user, create a read only profile and assign it the same role for as the desired sales rep.  

Source of Confustion (please help):  

When i create a new level of the heirarchy it automatically says: "Sharing Groups: Role, Role and Subordinates"  I would assume that means that anyone in that role would be able to see the same records.  

However, inorder for the records to be visiable to the two users, I also need to create a sharing setting for that specific role.  this seems wrong.  

Can you help?

Many Thanks in Advance and Happy Hoildays!  

• December 24, 2012

Is it possible to deploy between two seperate prodcution instances?

Thanks! 

• December 18, 2012

Can Approval Processes be written so that a person, who is not an active user in salesforce, still recieve Approval Requets through email and approve or reject them triggering the next step?

How?

Thanks! 

• December 13, 2012

I'm trying to create a good looking HTML button template that links to a report in salesforce.  (NOT A CUSTOM LINK ON AN OBJECT).  

Could someone help me with the code? I want it to be a straight forward button, where one could easily place the 15 digit URL of individual reports.

Many thanks!  

• December 12, 2012

A matrix report gets me 90% to where i need to be but I need to add a formula subtracking the two columns.  

I have a custom object "Financals." with three fields

• Group
  • Period:  (2011, 2012.... ect.) 
  • Revenue (currency)

The report just needs three columns  and will be (grouped by the "group" field) 

column 1:  Peroid 2011 (totals Revenue)

column 2: Peroid 2012 (totals Revenue)

column 3:  Variance (Column 2 - Column 1)

Thanks!  

• December 12, 2012

I'm brand new to Apex and need to test triggers to deploy to production.  I have two triggers that SFDCFOX helped me write and they are working just as required in Sandbox, but now need to get them into production. 

I'm researching similar questions to hopefully do it myself but appreciate your help!!!

First Trigger:

trigger AccTrigger on Account (after update) {
    update [select id from contact where accountid in :trigger.new and duplicate_account_address__c = true];
}

Second Trigger:

trigger ConTrigger on Contact( before insert, before update ) {
   map< id, account > accs = new map< id, account >();
   for( contact c: trigger.new ) {
      if( c.duplicate_account_address__c && c.accountid != null ) {
         accs.put( c.accountid, null );
      }
   }
   accs.putAll( [select id, billingstreet, billingcity, billingstate, billingpostalcode, billingcountry from account where id in :accs.keyset()]);
          c.mailingstreet = accs.get( c.accountid ).billingstreet;
          c.mailingcity = accs.get( c.accountid ).billingcity;
          c.mailingstate = accs.get( c.accountid ).billingstate;
          c.mailingpostalcode = accs.get( c.accountid ).billingpostalcode;
          c.mailingcountry = accs.get( c.accountid ).billingcountry;
      }
   }
}

• December 10, 2012

Is there a way to have the "Show/Hide Feed" at the top of every page be closed instead of open?  The information is fine but I only want to show it if the user wants it and clicks Show Feed.  

Thanks

• March 05, 2013

I want to enforce users to "add product" when they create a new opportunity.  

--

I am only displaying the "save & add product" button however the user can still decide to cancel while filling out the product and the opportunity still saves. I need to be able to not allow the user to create the Opp. without the Product information filled out.  

Any help with how I would accompish this would be great.  

• February 21, 2013

I have to do some brainstorming regarding an Approval Process solution, and would love any suggestions you have.  Here's the requirement.  

Two step approval process.  

• First Step:  Approved by one of the  Assitant Managers.  (30 different Assistant Managers that manage unique areas) 
  • Second Step: Approved by Senior Manager

Challenge:  The submanagers are not salesforce users in Salesforce.  I know that approvers have to be users in SalesForce, however these managers will never be.  

I have to think outside the box, even if i totally remove the first step of the approval process and replace it with a field update, apex coding, or have to do some programming in microsoft Outlook.

Thanks for your strategy thoguhts!  

• January 21, 2013

Can someone please help?  I am almost certain Hierachies in SalesForce do not work as they are specified.  

Sharing Settings Organization Wide Defaults 

Lead = Private

Account = Private

Opportunity = Private

Sharing Rules on all Objects:  NONE!

Admin

L Head of Finance

L Direct Account Rep

L Operations

L Head of Sales

L  Sales Manager

L  View Only Sales Rep

Issues:

1.)  View Only Sales Rep can see a records owned even by the ADMIN.  

I Want the "View Only Sales Rep" not to be able to see anything.  And then I will add him specifically to certain Sales Manager Default Account and Opportunity Team to allow him to view only those records.  

• January 10, 2013

Objective:  Sales Reps only See Accounts They Own or Are In Same Role.  

Account Security:  Private.

Profile Object Security:  "View All" and "Modify All"  DESELECTED

Situation:  I have a group of sales reps that are all in the same role.  Everyone can see each other's records.  From here I want to change the system so each sales rep can only see the account records they own.  I also want to be able to add a read-only user to certain sales reps.  So that read only user will be able to see accounts and contacts belonging to a certain single sales rep.  

Plan:  Create a role for each individual salesrep at the same level of the hierarchy.  For the read only user, create a read only profile and assign it the same role for as the desired sales rep.  

Source of Confustion (please help):  

When i create a new level of the heirarchy it automatically says: "Sharing Groups: Role, Role and Subordinates"  I would assume that means that anyone in that role would be able to see the same records.  

However, inorder for the records to be visiable to the two users, I also need to create a sharing setting for that specific role.  this seems wrong.  

Can you help?

Many Thanks in Advance and Happy Hoildays!  

• December 24, 2012

Can Approval Processes be written so that a person, who is not an active user in salesforce, still recieve Approval Requets through email and approve or reject them triggering the next step?

How?

Thanks! 

• December 13, 2012

I'm trying to create a good looking HTML button template that links to a report in salesforce.  (NOT A CUSTOM LINK ON AN OBJECT).  

Could someone help me with the code? I want it to be a straight forward button, where one could easily place the 15 digit URL of individual reports.

Many thanks!  

• December 12, 2012

I'm brand new to Apex and need to test triggers to deploy to production.  I have two triggers that SFDCFOX helped me write and they are working just as required in Sandbox, but now need to get them into production. 

I'm researching similar questions to hopefully do it myself but appreciate your help!!!

First Trigger:

trigger AccTrigger on Account (after update) {
    update [select id from contact where accountid in :trigger.new and duplicate_account_address__c = true];
}

Second Trigger:

trigger ConTrigger on Contact( before insert, before update ) {
   map< id, account > accs = new map< id, account >();
         accs.put( c.accountid, null );
      }
   }
   accs.putAll( [select id, billingstreet, billingcity, billingstate, billingpostalcode, billingcountry from account where id in :accs.keyset()]);
          c.mailingstreet = accs.get( c.accountid ).billingstreet;
          c.mailingcity = accs.get( c.accountid ).billingcity;
          c.mailingstate = accs.get( c.accountid ).billingstate;
          c.mailingpostalcode = accs.get( c.accountid ).billingpostalcode;
          c.mailingcountry = accs.get( c.accountid ).billingcountry;
      }
   }
}

• December 10, 2012

Hi All,

I'm new to triggers and wanted to see if someone could help with my first basic one. 

Trigger Requirement:  I have a checkbox on Contacts.  If that is checked, then the contact's billing address should mirror the account's billing address.  So, if that box is checked, and someone changes the Account's billing address it automatically updates the contact's address as well.

(Note: I had a feild update in place but that updated only when the checkbox was updated, not if someone just updated the Account's billing addreess) 

Contact Fields:  Duplicate_Account_Address__c (checkbox), Mailing Street, Mailing City, Mailing State, Mailing Zip, Mailing Country

Account Fields: Billing Street, Billing City, Billing State, Billing Zip, Billing Country

Many Thanks! 

• December 09, 2012

Sorry if this is a simple one, but can you create a formula date field taht displays: "Month/Year"

From an existing standard date field, I would like to create a formula that pulls just the "MONTH/YEAR"

Tthe solution cannot be convert the DATE field to a TEXTas that creates issues in reports when sorting.   

Thanks! 

• November 28, 2012

I have a client who wants to use Connect For Office to implement some Excel integration with SFDC. On the Connect For Office link (Setup > Desktop Integration > Connect For Office) it says very clearly that this tool does not support Windows 7 or Windows 8, nor Office 2010. Since my client is using Windows 7 and Office 2010, I am a bit concerned about this.

Additionally, the cheatsheet (https://cs3.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_office_edition_cheatsheet.pdf) clearly states that this tool is only supported for 32-bit systems. (Can you even buy a 32-bit system anymore?)

Googling shows that many, many people have asked about this over the past two years, with no official answers from SFDC.

Does anyone know if SFDC will be upgrading this tool to support modern versions of the Office or Windows?

Thanks,

• November 27, 2012

Hi

In record sharing if we add the record to All Internal Users,So for which type of users the record is shared.

I need to know the User's profile which come under All Internal Users.

If any one know about this please help me.

I understand that Salesforce started as a Business-To-Business channel only company. However, with the ability to enable "Person Accounts", and therefore supporting the Business-To-Consumer sales channel also, why isn't it possible to include them in unmanaged or managed packages?

Our product relies critically on Person Accounts being enabled for our customers. Since this feature isn't currently packagable, our company has endured much time and effort to work around this limitation. If you think Person Accounts should be packagable, please promote the following idea:

allow references to PersonAccounts when creating packages

Is there a formula out there that will display the last day of the current year? (12/31/2011)

I'm trying to calculate the number of weekd days there are between a date and the end of the year.

I've found the formula that will automatically calculate the amount of business days there are between a start and end date, so if I could reference the end date as the formala field that displays the last day of the year, I would meet my requirement.

Thanks!

I have a report in the matrix format and would like to create two formula fields.  The report is set-up in a way that the "Sum of Net Revenue" field is separated into weekly columns.  The challenge I'm having is how to subtract by week from the same field (Sum of Net Revenue). 

Formula field 1 (Revenue Variance) - This field will calculate the revenue difference from this week to last week.

Formula field 2 (% Variance) - This field will calculate the % difference from this week to last week.

Please help, happy to send screenshots if someone can show me how in this blog or otherwise.

Thank you!

• March 31, 2011

HI,

I created a managed package, and tried to install in a developer account for testing. But I am unable to install the package. I got bellow error.

"Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact salesforce.com Support through your normal channels and reference number: 1960914926-8885 (595483773)".

How to resolve this issue. I am successfully uploaded my application to appexchange, but unable to install it.

Please help me.

Thanks,
Naresh

How do I get mail merge to work with windows 7