• 175 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
On finish screens, I often include a link to a record in addition to setting finish behavior.  So far I have hard-coded the full URL which requires me to update each screen upon deployment to production / sandbox refresh.

So I am looking for how to set a relative URL in a flow.  

Just using /{!vaRecordId} did not resolve properly.

I know on visualforce pages you can do the API partner user thing to resolve sandbox vs prod.  
({!LEFT($Api.Partner_Server_URL_140, FIND(".com/",$Api.Partner_Server_URL_140)+3)

Is there anything similar that will work in a flow?  I suppose I could set a variable in the flow to the instance, and then I would just need to update that variable when I deploy, but trying to just have a nice clean flow deployment process (dream a little dream...)
I've got an Sobject collection variable in a flow, and I would like to display a list of values from the collection in a display text field.

If I use the varaible resource, it displays the IDs, along the lines of [Id1, Id2, Id3].

Is there any way to get the flow to produce something along the lines of:

Name1, Value1
Name2, Value2,
Name3, Value3,

in a display text field?

If not possible in the flow itself, I'm guessing if I embed the flow in a visualforce page I could pull it off, but would appreciate any tips on going about that.

Thanks

(Cross post from success: https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000Cr4J)
We have a simple trigger that updates a checkbox on all child records when parent opp is edited.  I'm trying to switch the behavior to updating a date/time field.

Its quite easy to update the code, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to pass Now() to the system.assert in the test class.

For the code, I changed

for (Engagement_Role__c er : engagementRolesToUpdate) {
            er.ER_Updated__c = TRUE;
to:
  for (Engagement_Role__c er : engagementRolesToUpdate) {
            er.ER_Update_DateTime__c = system.Now();

In the test class, what I want is something like: 
System.assertEquals(0, [select count() from Engagement_Role__c where  Opportunity__c in :opps and ER_Update_DateTime = system.Now() ]);

That does not work, gives the following error:
Error: Compile Error: expecting a colon, found 'System.Now' at line 47 column 127    

I tried declaring a variable and using that instead:

DateTime testNow = system.Now();
System.assertEquals(0, [select count() from Engagement_Role__c where  Opportunity__c in :opps and ER_Update_DateTime = testNow ]);

And I get an error:   Compile Error: expecting a colon, found 'testNow' at line 49 column 127    

I am not a developer in any meaningful way, just hacking on our code, being dangerous, and very tired to boot.  
Greatly appreciate any pointers as to what i'm missing here.

Thanks as always.
Finally have fault handling setup in my flow, and its working perfectly well when I launch the flow from the "run" button on the flow itself.  The fault handling process runs a subflow to create a case and displays a friendly error message to the user, all good.

In production, however, the flow is embedded into a visualforce page (to get some better flow finish behvaior) and in this case, when a fault triggers, a generic fault message appears on the screen, and my subflow is not triggered.

ERROR MESSAGE:
An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow
An unhandled fault has occurred while processing the flow. Please contact your system administrator for more information.

So, my question is:  For a flow embedded on a VF page, do I need to manage exception handling via the custom controller?  In which case, is it possible to still trigger the subflow?  Or do I have to choose between flow finish behavior and declarative fault handling?

Thanks!
We are rolling out a HRIS built on force.com and I am trying to do things "properly" i.e. in a sandbox, and deploy to production.

So, we have a few custom permission sets that we need to migrate over as we get ready to go live.  When I migrate them via change sets, nothing really comes over, just the permission set name.

Per this help article (http://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=changesets_perm_sets_profiles.htm&language=en_US), In order to get the object settings to come over in a change set, I have to include all the fields in these objects, but as they are part of a managed package, I cant do so!

With some brief testing, it looks like i might be able to get this via workbench / metadata API via manually including the custom object name and fields in the package.xml file, but thats probably more painful than just re-creating the permission set in production, as there are a ton of objects referenced by the permission sets.

Anyways, looking for any insight on how to stay on the up-and-up, rather than granting their consultants full sysadmin rights in production, etc.  

If anyone has experience doing this type of deployment w/ Ant or Workbench, please let me know.  

Thanks!
Occasionally users do things they should not when using flows, such as entering multiple email addresses into an email field.

This triggers an unhandled proces fault, and I get the notification.

The notification, however, does not include the User ID of the user that triggered the issue, so I cannot reach out to the user to let them know what the issue was.  The notification only inserts my Organization ID.  Notification copied below.

Encountered unhandled fault when running process Quick_Create_Contact/30140000000TNMG exception by user/organization: 00D400000007YpG/{4}

Is there any way to figure out which user triggered the fault?  Else, please update the notification template!!!

Can you create a push topic for the scenario where there is NO event within a certain timeframe (like last 8 hours).

Looking at this as an option to monitor for if our donation page goes down over the holidays - so no online donations for last 6 hours triggers an action.

Thanks!

I'm an admin, not a developer, so this is a general post on the right approach for this use case.

We have built a custom button on opps that creates a new record on custom object.  The button references a few fields on the running user, to determine the default values for certain fields on the new record.

Basically, it allows different users to use the same button and have their own customized default values.  Works great, but not scalable (admins have to set the default values for each user, users cant update their choices themselves)

So, now that the prototype is working, I'm looking at how to approach building a visualforce page and controller that would allow users to do this themselves.  The chatter profile subtabs coming in winter 14 sound like the perfect place to display this.

So, my questions:

1. is this a valid and reasonable approach to take for this use case

2. any tips on getting the custom controller to get and set variables from the running user?  is it reasonably straightforward?

3. the custom controller would run in system mode, so i should be ok in regards to permissions, right?

Thanks!

Gorav

Is is possible to pull the URL for the chatter profile image via SOAP?  Can only find info on REST and we are using the salesforce / drupal module which is built on SOAP.

Thanks

I've got an Sobject collection variable in a flow, and I would like to display a list of values from the collection in a display text field.

If I use the varaible resource, it displays the IDs, along the lines of [Id1, Id2, Id3].

Name1, Value1
Name2, Value2,
Name3, Value3,

in a display text field?

If not possible in the flow itself, I'm guessing if I embed the flow in a visualforce page I could pull it off, but would appreciate any tips on going about that.

Thanks

(Cross post from success: https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000Cr4J)
Finally have fault handling setup in my flow, and its working perfectly well when I launch the flow from the "run" button on the flow itself.  The fault handling process runs a subflow to create a case and displays a friendly error message to the user, all good.

In production, however, the flow is embedded into a visualforce page (to get some better flow finish behvaior) and in this case, when a fault triggers, a generic fault message appears on the screen, and my subflow is not triggered.

ERROR MESSAGE:
An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow
An unhandled fault has occurred while processing the flow. Please contact your system administrator for more information.

So, my question is:  For a flow embedded on a VF page, do I need to manage exception handling via the custom controller?  In which case, is it possible to still trigger the subflow?  Or do I have to choose between flow finish behavior and declarative fault handling?

Thanks!
We are rolling out a HRIS built on force.com and I am trying to do things "properly" i.e. in a sandbox, and deploy to production.

So, we have a few custom permission sets that we need to migrate over as we get ready to go live.  When I migrate them via change sets, nothing really comes over, just the permission set name.

Per this help article (http://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=changesets_perm_sets_profiles.htm&language=en_US), In order to get the object settings to come over in a change set, I have to include all the fields in these objects, but as they are part of a managed package, I cant do so!

With some brief testing, it looks like i might be able to get this via workbench / metadata API via manually including the custom object name and fields in the package.xml file, but thats probably more painful than just re-creating the permission set in production, as there are a ton of objects referenced by the permission sets.

Anyways, looking for any insight on how to stay on the up-and-up, rather than granting their consultants full sysadmin rights in production, etc.  

If anyone has experience doing this type of deployment w/ Ant or Workbench, please let me know.  

Thanks!

Is is possible to pull the URL for the chatter profile image via SOAP?  Can only find info on REST and we are using the salesforce / drupal module which is built on SOAP.

Thanks

Hello,

As I understand, Process Builder runs under the system mode and if the running user doesn't have permission, the user still able to perform the operation due to system mode. I tried to create a chatter post on a case object using Process Builder, by running as a user who has implicit permission on the case. When I looked at the log, it still runs under the user mode (I can see as Current User) and got the following error while creating a chatter post

Error Occurred: You don't have permission to do this. 

Thanks,
We're working on a migration from Classic to LEX. However, it will be a long transition, so we need the ability to work in both for as long as possible. The documentation states/strongly implies that there should be an ability to leave an action override in place in Salesforce Classic, whilst removing it in Lightning/Mobile:

Remove Overrides for Standard Buttons and Tab Home Pages (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=links_customize_override_remove.htm&type=5)

However, step 3 describes options which not available within our org:

"Select No override (default behavior) for the experience whose override you want to remove (Salesforce Classic, Lightning Experience, or mobile)."

User-added image
We've had a case open with Salesforce for a few weeks now and I can't seem to make any headway (they say the documentation team say that their documentation is correct, but also can't explain why I don't see the options that the documentation says should be there)
Being able to switch off the override in LEX would be ideal.

As we're in Lightning Console, using Lightning Components to override the override behaviour specifically for LEX still results in unwanted behaviours (tabs being opened unnecessarily, no access to inline editing, etc.) The only option remaining to us may be to have to re-build an object model specifically for LEX, which I'm sure isn't the desired approach when migrating to LEX

Is anybody able to confirm which is the expected behaviour and best practice for dealing with it?
If I run a flow from within Salesforce using a button, it will display in a lightning skin. However, if I launch that flow via a Visualforce page, it displays with the classic skin. Is there any code I can add to the Visualforce page to make it display in with the lightning skin? 
HI All,

Q). What is a Batch Apex,Queueable Apex and @Future methods?, What are the differences between them and when we are going to use these classes?
Can anyone explain these classes.......

We are trying to put some code coverage on our triggers, but finding the triggers are not firing.

We started with just a trigger on the ContentDocument SObject (after insert, before delete). The unit test creates a FeedItem that is linked to a custom SObject. We take that feed item, use FeedItem.RelatedRecordId (relates to a ContentVersion), the ContentVersion.ContentDocumentId (relates to ContentDocument) and then deletes that ContentDocument. When reviewing the log for this unit test, the code execution stops and no Trigger is fired on the delete DML.

private static testMethod void deleteContentDocument()
{
    Property__c property = TestSObjectFactory.buildAndInsertProperty(); //Builds with required data, returns the property requeried after insert)

FeedItem feedItem = TestSObjectFactory.buildAndInsertFeedItem(property.Id, '.png'); // Builds a feed item with the specified extension and parentId, returns the feed item requeried after insert

ContentVersion contentVersion = [SELECT Id, ContentDocumentId FROM ContentVersion WHERE Id = :feedItem.RelatedRecordId]; //Gets the associated ContentVersion for the specified FeedItem

ContentDocument contentDocument = [SELECT Id FROM ContentDocument WHERE Id = :contentVersion.ContentDocumentId]; //Gets the associated ContentDocument for this ContentVersion

delete contentDocument;    
}

We have reviewed the debug log and even added debug statements. The test method completes but the trigger is never fired. Ideas?

Name1, Value1
Name2, Value2,
Name3, Value3,

in a display text field?

Thanks

Hi Everyone,, 

I'm trying to remove a lead record type that's not used any longer...but I seem to be encountering the following error:

"This record type RVP cannot be deleted because the following profiles use this record type as default. External Who"  

Can anyone PLEASE explain to me why this is the case? I don't have a profile called "External Who"!!! Thanks so much for the help! 

Regards, 

Studzey

Is there a way to put comments into a formula field in Salesforce?  Only reason I'm asking is that we do a lot of testing in Salesforce and at time we need to comment out parts of the formula to troubleshoot it.  It gets annoying cutting and pasting parts of the formula field into notepad in case it's not the formula that's giving us issues.

Thanks

• August 24, 2009
Hi,

Because of SSLv3 Poodle vulnerability, we have turned off SSLv3 support on our web server. This in term is causing Salesforce outbound messaging to fail.

Is there a work around with this from Salesforce end?

The outbound messaging processing issue was resolved once we turn SSLv3 back on our web server.

Ted Tsung