• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm new to creating formulas in SalesForce and having trouble with this.  I'd like to start by saying I keep reading about creating formulas through the advanced formula tab, and I don't know where this is which may be my problem.  The only place I know to add a formula is from customizing a report and using the "add formula" option.

That said, in my report I just need to subtract two custom fields, which I believe should be, "Call_Date_Time__c - Date_Assigned__c" but I get an error, "Error: Invalid custom summary formula definition: Field Call_Date_Time__c does not exist."  I found the field name directly from activity custom fields.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• November 26, 2012

I'm new to creating formulas in SalesForce and having trouble with this.  I'd like to start by saying I keep reading about creating formulas through the advanced formula tab, and I don't know where this is which may be my problem.  The only place I know to add a formula is from customizing a report and using the "add formula" option.

That said, in my report I just need to subtract two custom fields, which I believe should be, "Call_Date_Time__c - Date_Assigned__c" but I get an error, "Error: Invalid custom summary formula definition: Field Call_Date_Time__c does not exist."  I found the field name directly from activity custom fields.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• November 26, 2012