• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all:

I'm a relative newb. I'm building an integration with salesforce.com via the SOAP API. I've reached a sticking point.  There is a report that  I need to access via the API.  I understand I can't access this directly, but the preferred approach is to mimic the SOQL that the report would be running, and generate the same data set that way.  

This seems straight forward, but I can't seem to make my SOQL get the same number of results as the report in salesforce.com.  Attached is a screen capture from the report page, as well as the SOQL I'm trying to use to generate the same data set.

SELECT Count(Id), (SELECT Contact.Name FROM Account.Contacts WHERE Contact.MaRS_Contact_Relationship__c INCLUDES ('Advisory Services Primary Contact') AND Contact.Inactive_Person_left_company__c = false) FROM Account WHERE MaRS_Company_Relationships__c INCLUDES ('Active VG Client', 'High Potential Client', 'SiG Client')

Can anyone see how these differ?  Or do you know how, in general, to get the SOQL that the report is executing?

Hi all:

I'm a relative newb. I'm building an integration with salesforce.com via the SOAP API. I've reached a sticking point.  There is a report that  I need to access via the API.  I understand I can't access this directly, but the preferred approach is to mimic the SOQL that the report would be running, and generate the same data set that way.  

This seems straight forward, but I can't seem to make my SOQL get the same number of results as the report in salesforce.com.  Attached is a screen capture from the report page, as well as the SOQL I'm trying to use to generate the same data set.

SELECT Count(Id), (SELECT Contact.Name FROM Account.Contacts WHERE Contact.MaRS_Contact_Relationship__c INCLUDES ('Advisory Services Primary Contact') AND Contact.Inactive_Person_left_company__c = false) FROM Account WHERE MaRS_Company_Relationships__c INCLUDES ('Active VG Client', 'High Potential Client', 'SiG Client')

Can anyone see how these differ?  Or do you know how, in general, to get the SOQL that the report is executing?