• 50 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Just a question regarding sites bandwidth calculation, ex: if i embed a video from youtuble into my sites page, does the bandwidth counts for the video from thrid parth like youtube as well?

Thanks

• March 14, 2013

I am using the standard http based REST API via Xml (i.e. not APEX or SOAP) and so the QueryAll() method is not available.

I have tried various queries but can't get this to work..

What am I doing wrong here..?

SELECT Id, IsDeleted FROM Account WHERE IsDeleted=true

<QueryResult>
  <done>true</done>
  <totalSize>0</totalSize>
</QueryResult>

SELECT Id, IsDeleted FROM Account WHERE IsDeleted=true ALL ROWS

<Errors>
  <Error>
    <errorCode>MALFORMED_QUERY</errorCode>
    <message>ALL ROWS not allowed in this context</message>
  </Error>
</Errors>

We have an Apex class exposed as a web service that I would like to debug. I don't know which user  account I should use in setting up debug logs to capture the log output when the web service is invoked.

Please help.

• October 15, 2013

Hi,

I got a requirement to build a .NET client to query data from Salesforce.com. SSL is preferred for this.

I have experience with SSL when making callouts from Salesforce, which can be managed using the 'Certificate and Key Management' under Salesforce setup.

But if SSL needs to be used with Salesforce as a web service provider, how do we do it? Does it mean it can be used instead of the username/password authentication? Or would I still have to use username/password authentication with SSL?

Thanks in advance,

kpr

• October 10, 2013

I have an application and everything worked fine before. Now I noticed that application fails. NO CODE WAS CHANGED! The problem is that no refresh_token is returned now.

I'm using following to get refresh_token:

https://login.salesforce.com/services/oauth2/authorize?response_type=token&client_id={MyID}&redirect_uri={CallBackUri}

Response contains almost everything, including access_token, signature and etc., but  no refresh_token param. 

Is there any information about SAML & the new communities product,

specifically for a portal user scenario?

SAML seems to fail in an SP intiated flow where the user is a portal user.

Hi,

Are the user id's same in sandbox and prod??

Thanks

Can we display Salesforce site in mobile.

I wanted to use Salesforce to create a site which displays some data in tabular form. I want to acess this site through mobile.

Hey Force.com Developers,

I've hit a wall and wanted to see if anyone could give some guidance. 

Trying to get the Owner variable from BMCServiceDesk__Incident__c, it's a standard field and is a Lookup(User,Queue).

When I include it in my query, SF errors out saying that there is no such variable in the object that I'm working with --- I can see it on the developer side, but can't seem to call it in a SOOQL request.

$results = $this->salesforce->get_query("SELECT Id, BMCServiceDesk__queueName__c, Name, BMCServiceDesk__Client_Name__c, BMCServiceDesk__Category_ID__c, BMCServiceDesk__Status_ID__c FROM BMCServiceDesk__Incident__c WHERE BMCServiceDesk__Status_ID__c != 'CLOSED'");

Any help would be great... !!

Thanks, 

C

Hi!

Do you know if is there any mechanism to avoid reaching the page views limit in Force.com Sites when a bot attack happens?

Help pls!

Thank you!

• March 25, 2013

I want to write an apex class to pull the name of all the objects (both standard as well as custom) from a salesforce account and display the same in a VF page.  Any help would be highly appreciated.

Hi,

I am new to using "Remote Access". I created a remote access application under Develop --- Remote Access.

I created a .NET (asp.net) application using OAuth2.0 webserver flow (with the generated consumer key and consumer secrete)

I got the Access Token (Session Id) and Refresh Token and I am able access the API's I needed.

For the future access, I planned to use the Refresh Token (OAuth2.0 refresh token flow) to get the Access Token (Session Id). Will this work. I want to know when the Refresh Token will expire.

Under My Personal information --- Personal information page, under Remote Access related list, I can see an entry with respect to the above mentioned remote access application. I hope till the entry is there I can use the Refresh token to generate the Access Token. Am I right? Will this entry get removed automatically?

Please help.

• March 20, 2013

hi i want get a list of custom objects through ajax ,

How can i achieve this? Please guide me.

<script src="/soap/ajax/18.0/connection.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
        sforce.connection.sessionId = "{!$Api.Session_ID}";
        window.onload=allobjects;
        function allobjects()
        {         
            var allobjects=sforce.connection.Schema.getGlobalDescribe().Values();
            alert(allobjects);

}

}

<select id="myobjs" >
        <option value="none">--None--</option>
    </select><br/>

I looks like Messaging.SingleEmailMessage provides both of these methods.  I was wondering if I can set both the plain text and the html for this email.  Then, depending on the recipient's email configuration, one's email reader will choose the appropriate content.  Thanks in advance.

Just a question regarding sites bandwidth calculation, ex: if i embed a video from youtuble into my sites page, does the bandwidth counts for the video from thrid parth like youtube as well?

Thanks

• March 14, 2013

Hello.  one of the orgs that i work in has a lot of apex/vf, and deployment is pretty slow.  the average to deploy is anywhere from 30-60 minutes.  (related note: last night i deployed something and it was still "in progress" 12 hrs later.  just got of the phone with support and they said there was a server glitch during the deploy, so it went into limbo, but didn't change status, so i had no way of knowing.  they told me to re-deploy.)

anyway, i understand that it has to execute a lot of test coverage, i understand it's a multi-tenant environment, etc etc etc.  but does anyone have any strategies for decreasing deployment time?  to me, even 15 minutes seems unacceptably long.  i typically wait about an hour which is terrible...

thanks for your time.

chris

Has anyone implemented a site search, like Google Site Search, in a Site.com site?

• March 06, 2013

Hi,

Is it possible to filter data by user at API level? Something like Virtual Database. For instance, database.com would guarantee that each user only sees data created by himself. I'm asking this cause I want to do something like Oracle's VPD... or multitenant database.

Regards

Joao

I have created Webservice in Admin Sites. I can access webservice from java code. But i cannot access these webservice for standard user. If any setting to change in Admin sides. or can standard user access webservice .