• 40 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
1.  An organization has two custom objects to track job positions and salaries for those positions. Everyone in the organization should be able to view the positions, however, only select users can view the salary records. What steps should a developer take to ensure the requirement is fulfilled?

A.  Create a lookup relationship between positions and salaries; define public access on position and private access on salary
B.  Create a Master-Detail relationship between positions and salaries; define public access on position and private access on salary
C.  Create a Master-Detail relationship between positions and salaries; define private access on position and create sharing rules on salary
D.  Create a lookup relationship between positions and salaries; define public access on position and public access on salary; create sharing rules on salary to restrict visibility

Have anyone attended the last year dreamforce events with hands on training classes

they gave some material and apex code for those who attended.

I've gone through the video but it has some code which I want to go through.

Could some one send me the material/apex code for the dream force events.

Thanks,

Kalpana

I need to add a button in contact detail page, which when clicked calls a external web service to validate the address

and gets back few fields which I need to update in the some of the fields on contact record.

Could some one let me know the steps to achieve this. Also instead of contact detail page

If I have to do this on my own visual force page, please let me know how should I proceed,

Thanks,
Kalpana

if we are loading millions of records into salesforce (using data loader or informatica)

what are the affects of data loading and using app at the same time. i.e since we are loading

large volume of data and at the same time people are using the salesforce through front end?

do they see any performance or slowness running the reports or displaying the detail page info or

related list data?

Thanks,

Kalpana

We've a requirement that when a mobile user logs into salesforce and does a external web service call and that web service returns the data asynchornously. how can we pass that async response back to the mobile user?

Thanks,

Kalpana

is there a simple way to show all the date fields in all objects when they are visible they should have MMDDYYYY format.

do we need to write code or can we configure this anywhere?

also what is the format salesforce stores the dates in the database?

Thanks,

Kalpana

Anyone tried salesforce authentication using ping federate to siteminder?

can salesforce store any authentication tokens returned by ping federate or siteminder?

thanks

Kalpana

Universal containers tracks reviews as a custom object in a recruiting application. An interview score is tracked on each review record and should be numerical, so that hiring managers can perform score calculations. The scores should be restricted to integer values 1 through 5 and displayed as a set of radio buttons.

How would developer meets this requirement.

a)      Create the interview score field as a picklist, displayed as radio button on the page layout

b)      Create a visualforce component to display the interview score as a set of radio buttons

c)       Create the interview score field with a data type of radio button

d)      Create a formula field that displays the interview score as a set of radio buttons.

How a developer does enables user to access tags in the sidebar. Select 3 chocies:

1.    Adding tags to the sidebar in home page layout

2.    By enabling tags for public groups.

3.    Enabling Tags on user profile.

4.    By enabling Tags on page-layout and object.

5.    Enabling Tags for org

Which feature is available for custom objects, choose 3 answers

a)      Assignment rules

b)      Field history tracking

c)       Criteria based sharing

d)      Queues

A developer would like to enable end users to filter the data displayed on the related list of an object detail page.

How could a developer accomplish this?

a)      Customize the search filter fields layout for that object

b)      Create a visualforce page to replace the object detail view

c)       Configure the object’s related list to add a filter

d)      Enable advanced search on the object’s related list

What statement is true about field level security, chose 2

a)      It determines the values displayed in a visible picklist field

b)      It can be controlled at the record level

c)       It is specified for each profile

d)      It is enforced in the web services API

How can a wireless device user approves a record

a)      Via voice recognition

b)      Via email from a wireless device

c)       Via a text message

d)      Via a mobile browser that supports access to the salesforce.com web application

What are the components of the dashboard that use grand totals across a set of data? please choose two (2) items?

a)      Chart

b)      Metric

c)      Table

d)     Gauge

Can some one clarify the answers for the following questions as different dumps have different answers for these questions.

What will cause the analytic snapshots run to fail? Please select 3 choices.

a)      The source report has been deleted.
b)     The target object has a trigger on it.
c)      The running user has been inactivated.
d)     The target object is a custom object.
e)      The source report is saved as Matrix report

2) An organization wants to leverage a custom objects to track bugs. The organization wants the ability to related bugs to parent bugs in a parent-child relationship. What type of relationship should be used? Select the Right Answer 
 1.    master-detail
2.     self
3.     hierarchical
4.     many-to-many

3) In a master-child relationship between a standard object and custom object. Which of the following statements is NOT true. Please select two (2) items. 

1.    Standard object is always the master
2.     Custom Object is always the master
3.     Custom object is always a child
5.     Standard or custom object can be a master
6.    Standard object is never a child

A manager in an organization wants to share specific fields of data to his subordinates that only he has access to. What is the best way to share specific fields of data? Please select 2 choices. 

a.       Run As on dashboards
b.      Folder Permission on a Report
c.       Run As on scheduled reports
d.      Folder Permission on a Dashboard

Manager is above the role hierarchy and wants to share some of the account records with his team mates/sub-ordinates. What do you do to achieve this functionality? Select 2 choices:

a)      Update dashboard folder.
b)     Update dashboard running user.
c)      Update report folder.
d)     Update report running user.

How a developer does enables user to access tags in the sidebar. Select 3 chocies:

There are two M-D relationship has to be created on object X . The first m-d relation is created is the primary relationship. What is the effect of the primary relationship on X.

1.    Custom Report Type are limited to two primary relationship
2.    The primary set cannot b deleted
3.    there will be no effect on X
4.    X will inherit the look n feel of the primary master object. 

A job application object has a child review object to store candidate review. The review needs to be tracked between a score of 1 to 5. The score has to be a choice between 1 and 5 displayed as a radio button. How will a developer cater to this requirement? Choose the Right answer 

1.    Create 5 fields for scores (1 to 5) of type radio-button and use it in review page layout.
2.    Create a dependent pick list that feeds the radio button type field.
3.    Create a formula field
4.    Create visual force page with radio buttons for review object

What is true about a master-detail relationship? Please select 2 choices. 

1.    When the parent record has been deleted, all the child records will be deleted.
2.    You can have a child record without the parent record.
3.    You have to expose the master lookup field on the child detail page layout.
4.    You cannot delete a child record.

What are the components of the dashboard that use grand totals? please choose two (2) items?
a)      Chart
b)      Metric
c)      Table
d)     Gauge

What field can be controlled by translation workbench?
  1. Rule Criteria
  2. Formula
  3. Validation Errors
  4. Assignment Rules

Thanks,

Kalpana Reddy

I've invoked created a Apex class using a external WSDL file.

when i tried to create a project in force.com IDE using my credentials its throwing some error

and loads only some defaults classes. I dont see my class created with WSDL file in the IDE.

Has any one seen erros during importing apex classes from salesforce into IDE?

Is there a sample code and tutorial as how I can invoke an external webservice from visualforce page or apex code.

I also want to know how I can expose web services within force.com platform so that my external application can invoke that.

so basically I need web services inbound and outbound from sfdc. Any tutorials or documentation for that?

Thanks,

Kalpana

Is there a sample code and tutorial as how I can invoke an external webservice from visualforce page or apex code.

I also want to know how I can expose web services within force.com platform so that my external application can invoke that.

so basically I need web services inbound and outbound from sfdc. Any tutorials or documentation for that?

Thanks,

Kalpana

Thanks,

Kalpana

I'm planning to take developer certification in couple of weeks.

Any tips and or suggestions from people who took the test?

Thanks,

any documents, questions please email to kalpanar01 @ yahoo.com

thanks,

Kalpana.

Can some one clarify the answers for the following questions as different dumps have different answers for these questions.

What will cause the analytic snapshots run to fail? Please select 3 choices.

a)      The source report has been deleted.
b)     The target object has a trigger on it.
c)      The running user has been inactivated.
d)     The target object is a custom object.
e)      The source report is saved as Matrix report

2) An organization wants to leverage a custom objects to track bugs. The organization wants the ability to related bugs to parent bugs in a parent-child relationship. What type of relationship should be used? Select the Right Answer 
 1.    master-detail
2.     self
3.     hierarchical
4.     many-to-many

3) In a master-child relationship between a standard object and custom object. Which of the following statements is NOT true. Please select two (2) items. 

1.    Standard object is always the master
2.     Custom Object is always the master
3.     Custom object is always a child
5.     Standard or custom object can be a master
6.    Standard object is never a child

A manager in an organization wants to share specific fields of data to his subordinates that only he has access to. What is the best way to share specific fields of data? Please select 2 choices. 

a.       Run As on dashboards
b.      Folder Permission on a Report
c.       Run As on scheduled reports
d.      Folder Permission on a Dashboard

Manager is above the role hierarchy and wants to share some of the account records with his team mates/sub-ordinates. What do you do to achieve this functionality? Select 2 choices:

a)      Update dashboard folder.
b)     Update dashboard running user.
c)      Update report folder.
d)     Update report running user.

There are two M-D relationship has to be created on object X . The first m-d relation is created is the primary relationship. What is the effect of the primary relationship on X.

1.    Custom Report Type are limited to two primary relationship
2.    The primary set cannot b deleted
3.    there will be no effect on X
4.    X will inherit the look n feel of the primary master object. 

A job application object has a child review object to store candidate review. The review needs to be tracked between a score of 1 to 5. The score has to be a choice between 1 and 5 displayed as a radio button. How will a developer cater to this requirement? Choose the Right answer 

1.    Create 5 fields for scores (1 to 5) of type radio-button and use it in review page layout.
2.    Create a dependent pick list that feeds the radio button type field.
3.    Create a formula field
4.    Create visual force page with radio buttons for review object

What is true about a master-detail relationship? Please select 2 choices. 

1.    When the parent record has been deleted, all the child records will be deleted.
2.    You can have a child record without the parent record.
3.    You have to expose the master lookup field on the child detail page layout.
4.    You cannot delete a child record.

What are the components of the dashboard that use grand totals? please choose two (2) items?
a)      Chart
b)      Metric
c)      Table
d)     Gauge

What field can be controlled by translation workbench?
  1. Rule Criteria
  2. Formula
  3. Validation Errors
  4. Assignment Rules

Thanks,

Kalpana Reddy

Hi, I have a timebased workflow (time trigger) created after 1 hour of a date field on a record.

It's not firing on exact time. If you see the screeshot the time it should fire is 12:04 PM but now it's 12:12 but it's still not fired.

It's taking 15 to 30 mins and sometimes more to fire and doing the action.

Screenshot

Is it queued and it's not exact time all the time? I am doing this in a DE org. Is it the issue?

In production environment will it work fine?

Thanks for your help,

RK

Hi How to run an application in salesforce. For ex i created the warehouse app given in tutorial , suppose i have a customer to whom i have to deliver this applicaion? How would i do that?

I want to regularly send all account information from salesforce to another external system that will accept it as xml. I have the end point url for the external system and the fields that needs to be sent. 

How do I go about creating this? I assume I will have to schedule this to run daily at a particular time.

Please help.

Thanks.

Where do you change the Hover detail? Choose the Right answer a) Mini View b) Page Layout c) Profile d) Mini Page Layout

1.  An organization has two custom objects to track job positions and salaries for those positions. Everyone in the organization should be able to view the positions, however, only select users can view the salary records. What steps should a developer take to ensure the requirement is fulfilled?

A.  Create a lookup relationship between positions and salaries; define public access on position and private access on salary
B.  Create a Master-Detail relationship between positions and salaries; define public access on position and private access on salary
C.  Create a Master-Detail relationship between positions and salaries; define private access on position and create sharing rules on salary
D.  Create a lookup relationship between positions and salaries; define public access on position and public access on salary; create sharing rules on salary to restrict visibility

Hello, I have a couple of very basic inquiries and hope for help.

First, I have my developer account and want to share it with collegues ASAP. But first I want to accomplish a couple of things.

1) I want the universe to resemble the Non Profit Universe. How might I accomplish this?

2) I'd like to hide many of the non core objects.

3) Set up the chat and invite them

Pretty simple right! 

Best

John in San Francisco

Is Alias assigned to Users in Salesforce Unique?