• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a parent/child relationship on a lookup table.  When I bring up the tab for the parent I get the child default auto number.  I can bring up the description when I hover ofer the auto number. 

What I want to do is get the description, not the auto number, when I list the parent records in the parent tab. 

Book Name    Type (Hard Cover/Soft Cover)

Book 1              0001

Book 2              0002

In the list I want the Type description (Soft Cover) and not 0001.  Is this possible?

Thanks.

I would like to increase the number of queries I have available.  The solution I have which goes over the limit I feel is elegent and works and is done! 

I feel like this limit on queries is limiting the developer to code to lower standards.

Close is enough to stop my code.

I need help with my Apex code, I am building a list to display to the customer using the only way I know how. 
Creating a list of high level data then building the child records within each node; this is working fine with a lesser number of records.

public class API_DocumentRqAndRs {
        public API_Document__c apiDoc{get; set;}
        public List<Rq_Argument_Description__c> rqArgList{get; set;}
        public List<Rs_Argument_Description__c> rsArgList{get; set;}
    }

public List<API_DocumentRqAndRs> getApiDocumentListRqAndRs(){
        List<API_DocumentRqAndRs> apiDocRqRsList = new List<API_DocumentRqAndRs>() ;
// Build master list using this list List<API_Document__c> apiList = getApiDocumentList(); API_DocumentRqAndRs apiDocRqRs; for(API_Document__c apiDoc : apiList) { apiDocRqRs = new API_DocumentReqAndResp(); apiDocRqRs.apiDoc = apiDoc;
// Sets the key to query on fApiController.setapiDocId(apiDoc.id);
// This returns a query apiDocRqRs.rqArgList = fApiController.getRqArg();
// This returns a query apiDocRqRs.rsArgList = fApiController.getRsArg(); apiDocRqRsList.add(apiDocReqResp); } return apiDocRqRsList; }

Is there a way to increase my number of queries?   I have put much time into getting to this point and need it to work without a major rewrite.  Unless someone has a good solution?

Please help!  Thanks.

There is a list of data I need to display to the user.  I am currently using Apex:dataTable but, that only gives me one row.  For each record I need to display a few fields in a multiple rows.  Also, there are child records that I want to display as a sub table. 

For example if I wanted to display a list of customers (multiple) with their orders:

Name

Address

Address2

City, State

Order 1

Order 2

This is a sample of the format where the name and address are on separate rows and the orders are from a child table.  Apex:dataTable cannot do this.  Are there suggestions on displaying this to the user in a VisualForce page?  Are there easier methods to accomplish this?

Thanks.

The text does not align left it is always aligned center why?

<apex:outputField value="{!doc__c}" style="text-align:left" />

I have tried using a span without luck, any other ideas?

I have a VF page that displays data from a database with a field Long Text Area.  The data in the field has formatting that I would like to preserve mostly new lines.   I tried to use <pre> but, the text will go off the side of the page almost like the new lines are removed? 

Is there a way to display this text as entered into the DB field (Long Text Area)? I need to display the data as it is entered into the field with new lines and space.

If I change the field type to Rich Text Area will that help?  I have other fields that are Rich Text Area and I seem to get <br> that do not break and only display as <br> is there a way to make the <br> actually break?

Thanks.

I am using a custom Site.

When a user forgets their password there is an option where I can reset the password then send it to their email address.  using this call which works fine:

Site.forgotPassword(username);

When the user tries to log in for the first time using their new password they are directed to the Site defined

Change Password VF  user interface/Page.  The force.com change password process is to populate the first apex:inputSecret field with the old password.  This old password is always wrong.

Site.changePassword(newPassword, verifyNewPassword, oldpassword);  

This call works as designed, it is telling me that the old password is wrong.  When I enter the correct password it works fine.  It is only when the ChangePassword VF page is displayed with the wrong old password is where I am having problems.

Is there a work around for getting the correct old password?  Can I make force.com give me the correct old password?

Thanks.

Tom

When a user forgets their password there is an option where I can reset the password then send it to their email address.  using this call which works fine:

When the user tries to log in for the first time using their new password they are directed to the Site defined

Change Password VF  user interface/Page.  The force.com change password process is to populate the first apex:inputSecret field with the old password.  This old password is always wrong.

This call works as designed, it is telling me that the old password is wrong.  When I enter the correct password it works fine.  It is only when the ChangePassword VF page is displayed with the wrong old password is where I am having problems.

Is there a work around for getting the correct old password?  Can I make force.com give me the correct old password?

Thanks.

Tom

We are using a public site with a login.  WIth each new window I am updating the security on the page, I add the page to the site "Visualforce Page Access" which has been working so far for new pages.

From the login page, the "Forgot Password" page dispays, then the Confirm Page displays.  After the user logs in for the first time (using the system generated password) the following link is presented for the user to change their password:

https://fabrix.apidoc.cs10.force.com/_ui/system/security/ChangePassword?retURL=%2Fhome&fromFrontdoor=1&display=page&setupid=ChangePassword

This link does not display, any ideas on how to get this screen up?

Thanks.

RT

In a VF page I have a SelctList and an OutputLink with a field value as part of the definition of the URL using the select list variable "listDocsSQL"

<apex:pageBlock>
        <apex:selectList id="documentsList" value="{!listDocsSQL}" multiselect="false" style="width:300px" size="5">
            <apex:selectOptions value="{!DocListOptions}" />
        </apex:selectList>
      </apex:pageBlock>

<apex:outputLink id="docLink" value="https://c.cs10.content.force.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file={!listDocsSQL}" >
          Doc Link
	  <apex:commandButton value="Open Doc" action="{!openSelection}" />
        </apex:outputLink>

I put a button in to set the "listDocsSQL" variable to the selected "id" value and open the URL but, found, using a debug statement, that the variable is set as it should be when the option is selected using the set method for "listDocsSQL" that part seems to work...

snippet ..

public class DocumentSearchController{ public String listDocsSQL {get; set;} public String filterResources{get; set;} String filterRes; String filterResID; /**
This method filters the list depending on the user text input **/ public List<Document> getlistDocsSQLOptions() { System.debug('getListDocs filterRes: '+ filterRes); filterResources = '%'+ filterResources +'%'; return (List<Document>) [select id, Name, url, Type, FolderId, BodyLength from Document where (Type = 'pdf') AND (Name LIKE :filterResources ) ]; } public List<SelectOption> getDocListOptions(){ List<SelectOption> options1 = new List<SelectOption>(); List<Document> docListSelectOption = getlistDocsSQLOptions() ; for(Document doc : docListSelectOption) { System.debug('getDocListOptions name: '+ doc.name +' filterRes: '+ filterRes +', id: '+ doc.id); options1.add(new SelectOption(doc.id, doc.name)); } return options1; } public PageReference openSelection() { System.debug('openSelection listDocsSQL: '+ listDocsSQL ); // https://c.cs10.content.force.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=015J000000058sW return null; }

It does not work as expected when I try to open the URL after selecting the item in the select list, the URL link will open the selected document only when I first push the button.  This is not expected.

I do not want to have the button on the page.  Is there a way I can select the item from the list, then open the URL without having to push the button first?

Thanks.

In my Database.query() I am passing the string below for custom objects.  The field Version_of_Software is a lookup field into another object for validation.  When I run the query I get the error:

Version_of_Software__c From API_Document__c where Version_of_Software__c = 'Start ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:77 invalid ID field: Start Time

Select Id, API_Name__c, Version_of_Software__c
 From API_Document__c
where Version_of_Software__c = 'Start Time'

How do I search this object on the lookup field?

RT

In my VF there is a pageBlock that has data which is updated with information from a database depending on the users selection.  Depending on the user's selection the page may change size (width and length)  I am trying to keep this size constant and also add a scroll bar if the length is longer than the page.

I don't see a width, height option in the apex:pageBlock Standard Component Reference is there a way to define this in the apex:page definition?

Thanks.

I have a Site where I use the Cusomter Portal for logging into SalesForce for authentication.  This seems to be working I can log in using the portal and it seems to be abke to control object accessibility OK.  Now I need more control in a way where depending on successful authentication the user has access to certain links on the Sites page they are on.

At the public level the public user will have certain (public) links available but, once successfully logged in the user will have more links available.

Thanks,

Thomas

I need to customize the header.  Are there examples of replacing the salesforce header with my own style links?  I need to use a format of links across the top of the page using a custom format of a bar

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home      |      Technical      |       Contact Us    |

|     Information    |                               |

------------------------------------------------------------------------

sidebar="false" will remove the sidebar but, when I try it there is still a header.  Will the CSS formatting help with this?  With sidebar="false" the side bar is removed but, I still have the standard salesforce header with the search, user name, help and app menu at the top.  Any way to replace this?

Thanks.

This project needs to be custom including the header.  Are there examples of replacing the salesforce header with my own style links?  I need to use a format of links across the top of the page using a custom format of a bar

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this is a little archaic but, there are legacy pages I need to synch up with.

Thanks.

I'm a newbie to force.com with many questions please help!

Looking at all the documentation gives me many introductary ideas but, not very many examples of different scenarios.  Is there an example where a scrollable list of items is listed and each item is selectable.  This selectable item will create a list in another scrollable list each scrollable list is in a frame in the same window. 

If I had an inventory list

Supply                If I clicked on Mouse I would get another        Detail

-----------              list in the same window                                     ----------

Monitors                                                                                             Logitech

Mouse                                                                                                 Microsoft

I'm having difficulties finding simple VF examples like the one above.  I get the controller logic but, connecting that to VF gets involved with their components.

Thanks,

Thomas

I have a parent/child relationship on a lookup table.  When I bring up the tab for the parent I get the child default auto number.  I can bring up the description when I hover ofer the auto number. 

What I want to do is get the description, not the auto number, when I list the parent records in the parent tab. 

Book Name    Type (Hard Cover/Soft Cover)

Book 1              0001

Book 2              0002

In the list I want the Type description (Soft Cover) and not 0001.  Is this possible?

Thanks.

I would like to increase the number of queries I have available.  The solution I have which goes over the limit I feel is elegent and works and is done! 

I feel like this limit on queries is limiting the developer to code to lower standards.

Close is enough to stop my code.

I need help with my Apex code, I am building a list to display to the customer using the only way I know how. 
Creating a list of high level data then building the child records within each node; this is working fine with a lesser number of records.

public class API_DocumentRqAndRs {
        public API_Document__c apiDoc{get; set;}
        public List<Rq_Argument_Description__c> rqArgList{get; set;}
        public List<Rs_Argument_Description__c> rsArgList{get; set;}
    }

public List<API_DocumentRqAndRs> getApiDocumentListRqAndRs(){
        List<API_DocumentRqAndRs> apiDocRqRsList = new List<API_DocumentRqAndRs>() ;
// Build master list using this list List<API_Document__c> apiList = getApiDocumentList(); API_DocumentRqAndRs apiDocRqRs; for(API_Document__c apiDoc : apiList) { apiDocRqRs = new API_DocumentReqAndResp(); apiDocRqRs.apiDoc = apiDoc;
// Sets the key to query on fApiController.setapiDocId(apiDoc.id);
// This returns a query apiDocRqRs.rqArgList = fApiController.getRqArg();
// This returns a query apiDocRqRs.rsArgList = fApiController.getRsArg(); apiDocRqRsList.add(apiDocReqResp); } return apiDocRqRsList; }

Is there a way to increase my number of queries?   I have put much time into getting to this point and need it to work without a major rewrite.  Unless someone has a good solution?

Please help!  Thanks.

There is a list of data I need to display to the user.  I am currently using Apex:dataTable but, that only gives me one row.  For each record I need to display a few fields in a multiple rows.  Also, there are child records that I want to display as a sub table. 

For example if I wanted to display a list of customers (multiple) with their orders:

Name

Address

Address2

City, State

Order 1

Order 2

This is a sample of the format where the name and address are on separate rows and the orders are from a child table.  Apex:dataTable cannot do this.  Are there suggestions on displaying this to the user in a VisualForce page?  Are there easier methods to accomplish this?

Thanks.

The text does not align left it is always aligned center why?

<apex:outputField value="{!doc__c}" style="text-align:left" />

I have tried using a span without luck, any other ideas?

I have a VF page that displays data from a database with a field Long Text Area.  The data in the field has formatting that I would like to preserve mostly new lines.   I tried to use <pre> but, the text will go off the side of the page almost like the new lines are removed? 

Is there a way to display this text as entered into the DB field (Long Text Area)? I need to display the data as it is entered into the field with new lines and space.

If I change the field type to Rich Text Area will that help?  I have other fields that are Rich Text Area and I seem to get <br> that do not break and only display as <br> is there a way to make the <br> actually break?

Thanks.

Thanks.

Tom

In my Database.query() I am passing the string below for custom objects.  The field Version_of_Software is a lookup field into another object for validation.  When I run the query I get the error:

Version_of_Software__c From API_Document__c where Version_of_Software__c = 'Start ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:77 invalid ID field: Start Time

Select Id, API_Name__c, Version_of_Software__c
 From API_Document__c
where Version_of_Software__c = 'Start Time'

How do I search this object on the lookup field?

RT

This project needs to be custom including the header.  Are there examples of replacing the salesforce header with my own style links?  I need to use a format of links across the top of the page using a custom format of a bar

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this is a little archaic but, there are legacy pages I need to synch up with.

Thanks.

Hello.

Did anyone customize default change password page for customer portal users?

By now where the new user registered he recieve new(automatig generated) password. So, when he first time log in portal he redirects to "https://cs1.salesforce.com/_ui/system/security/ChangePassword" that is default page. How can i change it?

Now log process performed in this way:

-user comes to site page.

-he log to site using his portal user login and password. If it non-correct (site.login() function return null) he are still on this page with error message. If it correct the form with action portal_login.jsp pulled by entered values and submitted. After this user redirects to default portal tab. But! If he logg first time the result of portal_login.jsp is 'https://cs1.salesforce.com/_ui/system/security/ChangePassword'. How can i change it?

Will be wery gratefull for solution.