• 10 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi. I am trying to update some fields with values from another record with a different record type. Nothing happens when I try the following code. Pls help

trigger createOrderforABFSCB1 on Stem_Cell_Bank__c (after update) {

// Collect all updated SCB Ids
	Set<Id> setSCBIds = new Set<Id>();

// Collect all SCB Id which has stem cell banked date populated
	for(Stem_Cell_Bank__c scb : Trigger.new) {
		if (scb.Stage__c == 'Stem Cells Banked' && Trigger.oldMap.get(scb.Id).Stage__c != 'Stem Cells Banked')  { 
			setSCBIds.add(scb.Id);
        }
    }

// List for collecting Orders to update
    List<ChargentOrders__ChargentOrder__c> colist = new List<ChargentOrders__ChargentOrder__c>();

// Iterate all the Orders of SCB
	for(ChargentOrders__ChargentOrder__c o : [SELECT Id, Account__c, Stem_Cell_Bank__c, ChargentOrders_Expiration_Month__c, ChargentOrders_Number__c,
                                         ChargentOrders_Type__c, ChargentOrders__Payment_Method__c, RecordTypeId 
										 FROM ChargentOrders__ChargentOrder__c 
										 WHERE Stem_Cell_Bank__c IN: setSCBIds]) {
        if(o.RecordTypeId == '012E0000000VPOC') {
    		colist.add(new ChargentOrders__ChargentOrder__c(Id = o.Id, RecordTypeId = '012E0000000VPOH', ChargentOrders_Number__c = o.ChargentOrders_Number__c));
        }
    }
	if(!colist.isEmpty()) {
		update colist;
    }

}

Hi. Does anyone know who do I need to speak with to have a bug fixed with visual workflow?

I tried contacting Basic Support and they directed me log this problem in developerforce

I'm not sure if I'm crazy of they are, but I thought developerforce is a collaboration of external developers

In my personal experience, basic support has been subpar to say the least and lack the technical knowledge to resolve some of the most simplistic problems

Here's an explanation of this bug:

When you progress through the visual workflow from one screen to another, there's an image named loading.gif, that shows the progression 

The problem is this image is not being shown properly and shows as image missing. This problem shows up in Chrome, not sure if it's a cross brower issue

Any feedback would be appreciated

Hi. I'm not using any for loop but getting System.LimitException: Too many SOQL queries: 101

The error is recognized in insert(testTask)

Sorry I'm not a good coder. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

@isTest
public class updateSCBonT4Test {
         static testMethod void testupdateSCBonT4(){
             Account testAccount = new Account(name='test account');
             insert(testAccount);
             Stem_Cell_Bank__c s = new Stem_Cell_Bank__c();
             s.name = 'Test';
//             system.debug('value is = ' + testAccount.Id);
             s.account__c = testAccount.Id;
             test.startTest(); 
             insert(s); 
             LIST<Stem_Cell_Bank__c> a = [SELECT Id, Stage__c FROM Stem_Cell_Bank__c WHERE Name = 'Test'];
             Task testTask = new Task(Subject

= 'Collect Enrollment Information', whatId = a[0].ID); 
             insert(testTask); 
             Stem_Cell_Bank__c updatedStem_Cell_Bank = [SELECT stage__c FROM Stem_Cell_Bank__c WHERE name = 'Test'];
             system.AssertEquals('Collect Enrollment Information',updatedStem_Cell_Bank.stage__c);
             testTask.whatId = s.Id;
             testTask.Status='Completed';
             update(testTask);

Task testTask1 = new Task(Subject = 'Process Payment', whatId = a[0].ID); 
             insert(testTask1); 
             Stem_Cell_Bank__c updatedStem_Cell_Bank1 = [SELECT stage__c FROM Stem_Cell_Bank__c WHERE name = 'Test'];
             system.AssertEquals('Process Payment',updatedStem_Cell_Bank1.stage__c); 
             testTask1.whatId = s.Id;
             testTask1.Status='Completed';
             update(testTask1);

Task testTask2 = new Task(Subject = 'Order Blood Test', whatId = a[0].ID); 
             insert(testTask2); 
             Stem_Cell_Bank__c updatedStem_Cell_Bank2 = [SELECT stage__c FROM Stem_Cell_Bank__c WHERE name = 'Test'];
             system.AssertEquals('Order Blood Test',updatedStem_Cell_Bank2.stage__c); 
             testTask2.whatId = s.Id;
             testTask2.Status='Completed';
             update(testTask2);

Task testTask3 = new Task(Subject = 'Schedule Fat Extraction', whatId = a[0].ID); 
             insert(testTask3); 
             Stem_Cell_Bank__c updatedStem_Cell_Bank3 = [SELECT stage__c FROM Stem_Cell_Bank__c WHERE name = 'Test'];
             system.AssertEquals('Schedule Fat Extraction',updatedStem_Cell_Bank3.stage__c); 
             testTask3.whatId = s.Id;
             testTask3.Status='Completed';
             update(testTask3);

Stem_Cell_Bank__c checkupdate = [SELECT stage__c, id FROM Stem_Cell_Bank__c WHERE name='Test'];
             System.debug(checkupdate.Id);
             System.debug(checkupdate.Stage__c);             
             system.AssertEquals('Review Eligibility Test',checkupdate.stage__c); 

test.stopTest();
        }
}

Hi all!

Is it possible to create consecutive field set records from a detail page?

The reason I ask is I have 5 fields that need to be collected in "groups" and the number of these "groups" can be anywhere from 1 to 30.

If field set is not the solution to this, can anyone pls provide any workaround solution/recommendation?

Thank you! ^^

Daniel

Hi. I have a trigger that triggers for more records than I hope for

trigger createOrderforABFSCB on Stem_Cell_Bank__c (after update) {

List<ChargentOrders__ChargentOrder__c> co = new List<ChargentOrders__ChargentOrder__c>();  

for (Stem_Cell_Bank__c scb : Trigger.new) {

if (scb.Stage__c == 'Stem Cells Banked') { /*scb to oscb*/

//initiate the object to put values for furture record
      ChargentOrders__ChargentOrder__c c = new ChargentOrders__ChargentOrder__c();

//map Order fields to SCB that is being created for this Order
      c.Stem_Cell_Bank__c = scb.Id; /*scb to oscb*/

c.ChargentOrders__Date__c = date.today();
          c.Order_Item__c = 'Yearly Stem Cell Banking Fee';

if(scb.Stem_Cells_Banked_Date__c!=null)
        c.ChargentOrders__Payment_Start_Date__c = scb.Stem_Cells_Banked_Date__c.addYears(1);
      else
        scb.addError('Cannot have empty stem cell bank date before stage is set to stem cell banked');

//add this new object to the list that would be inserted later
      co.add(c);
    } //end if
  } //end for scb

//once the loop is done, insert the new record to Order
  try{
    insert co;
  } catch (system.Dmlexception e) {
    system.debug(e);
  }

}

This seems to add a new record for all records with stage__c = 'Stem Cells Banked'

I need to add a new ChargentOrder record for existing Stem_Cell_Bank__c record only to the respective ID when Stage__c is updated to 'Stem Cells Banked'

I tried researching more about using oldMap and played around with the logic:

Stem_Cell_Bank__c oscb = Trigger.oldMap.get(scb.ID);

But having a hard time getting it work. Plus if I could add a checksum logic to only allow 2 ChargentOrder records to 1 Stem_Cell_Bank record it will help even more to not encounter these type of errors in the future

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance

Daniel

List<ChargentOrders__ChargentOrder__c> co = new List<ChargentOrders__ChargentOrder__c>();	

c.ChargentOrders__Gateway__c = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx';
	        c.ChargentOrders__Currency__c = 'U.S. Dollar';
	        c.Order_Item__c = 'Yearly Subscription Fee';
                // add one year to stem cell banked date
                c.ChargentOrders__Payment_Start_Date__c = scb.Stem_Cells_Banked_Date__c.addYears(1);

co.add(c);
		} //end if
	} //end for scb

try{
		insert co;
		system.debug(e);
	}

}

Hi, as you could see, i have a pretty straightforward trigger, but i am getting the following error:

System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object Trigger.createOrderforABFSCB

it appears to not like c.ChargentOrders__Payment_Start_Date__c = scb.Stem_Cells_Banked_Date__c.addYears(1);

Stem_Cells_Banked_Date__c is a DATE data type, but i can't seem to use the addYears() method

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

thank u

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anybody had this sort of requirement. Just like the popular online tax forms, how can I save the content in a form to resume work later?

I plan to have series of screens/forms to collect data over a course of weeks. I would imagine when the user signs off for the day, he/she would "save" and the next day, he/she would enter in the Id and be lead to the existing online form to resume from where he/she left off.

I wanted to build this with VF flow and can see how it can be done, but the problem is addressing partially complete scenarios and how to recover from where the user left off.

Ideally, a plug-in to VF would be amazing, but I am limited in my APEX skills.

Can anyone provide a suggestion or workaround?

Thank u!

Daniel

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anybody had this sort of requirement? Just like the popular online tax forms, how can I save the content in a form to resume work later?

I plan to have series of screens/forms to collect data over a course of weeks. I would imagine when the user signs off for the day, he/she would "save" and the next day, he/she would enter in the Id and be lead to the existing online form to resume from where he/she left off.

I wanted to build this with VF flow and can see how it can be done, but the problem is addressing partially complete scenarios and how to recover from where the user left off.

Ideally, a plug-in to VF would be amazing, but I am limited in my APEX skills.

Can anyone provide a suggestion or workaround?

Thank u!

Daniel

Hi,

I'm trying to add a VF Page that is rendered as pdf to attach to 'Notes & Attachment' in my custom object. I have working page, trigger, and class that does this, except it does not successfully add the body. 

My VF Page:

<apex:page showHeader="false" renderAs="pdf">
<head>

<style type="text/css">

body{
  padding:0;
  background:url(http://www.google.com/footer.background.03.png) no-repeat fixed #192771;
  background-position: center bottom; /* same as 50% 100% */
 }

</style>
</head>
<body>
 this is the body
</body>
</apex:page>

My Trigger:

trigger generateSCBAgreementPDF on Stem_Cell_Bank__c (after insert) {    
        attachSCBPDF.attachPDF(trigger.new[0]);
    }
}

My Class:

public with sharing class attachSCBPDF{

public static void attachPDF(Stem_Cell_Bank__c scb) {
    	Attachment myAttach = new Attachment();
    	PageReference myPdf = Page.SCBPDF;//myPdfPage is the name of your pdf page

Blob body;
        try {
            body = myPdf.getContentAsPdf();
        } catch (VisualforceException e) {
            body = Blob.valueOf('Some Text');
        }

myAttach.ParentId = SCB.Id;//Id of the object to which the page is attached
    	myAttach.name = 'DisplayName.pdf';
       	myAttach.body = body;
        insert myAttach;  
	} 

}

The DisplayName.pdf is attached to Notes & Attachments, I see that 'Some Text' is caught and the body is not properly being rendered

The PageReference's getContent method does not work with triggers. But I believe I'm not using it directly through trigger, so I thought this would not apply to my situation.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_pages_pagereference.htm

I've been stuck on this all day and would really appreciate it if someone can shed some light on this

Thank u for your efforts in advance

Daniel

Hi,

I have the following trigger, but it's my test code is not covered for line 10 and lines 15 and 16. I'm new to this and any suggestion would be appreciated.

line	 source
 1	  trigger updateSCBonTask1 on Task (after update) {
 3	      Set<Id> SCBIds = new Set<Id>();
 5	      for(Task t: [SELECT Subject,WhatId, Status FROM Task WHERE ID IN:trigger.new]){
 7	          String wId = t.WhatId;
 9	          if(wId!=null && !SCBIds.contains(t.WhatId) && t.Status == 'Completed' && t.Subject.Contains('Collect Enrollment Information')){
 10	              SCBIds.add(t.WhatId);
 11	          }
 12	      }
 14	      for(Stem_Cell_Bank__c a:[SELECT stage__c FROM Stem_Cell_Bank__c WHERE ID IN:SCBIds]){
 15	                   a.stage__c = 'Process Payment';
 16	          update a; 
 17	      }  
 19	  }

My test code:

@isTest
public class updateSCBonT1Test {
         static testMethod void testupdateSCBonT1(){
             s.name = 'Test';
             s.account__c = '001c000000AfLHOAA3';
             test.startTest(); 
             insert(s); 
             LIST<Stem_Cell_Bank__c> a = [SELECT Id, Stage__c FROM Stem_Cell_Bank__c WHERE Name = 'Test'];
             Task testTask = new Task(Subject = 'Test', whatId = a[0].ID); 
             insert(testTask); 
             Stem_Cell_Bank__c updatedStem_Cell_Bank = [SELECT stage__c FROM Stem_Cell_Bank__c WHERE name = 'Test'];
             system.AssertEquals('Collect Enrollment Information',updatedStem_Cell_Bank.stage__c);
             update(testTask);
             Stem_Cell_Bank__c checkupdate = [SELECT stage__c FROM Stem_Cell_Bank__c WHERE name = 'Test'];
             system.AssertEquals('Process Payment',checkupdate.stage__c);
             test.stopTest();
        }
}

thank u in advance~

Hi,

Is it possible for Customer Portal Manager Standard to access Opportunity object? 

I tried creating a VF page to expose opportunity with opportunity's standard detail page, but received a permissions error.

So, I tried exposing just the opportunity name field, but that still didn't work.

Is the opportunity object completely not sharable?

Any input/suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Daniel

Hi,

Is it possible for Customer Portal Manager Standard to access Opportunity object? 

I tried creating a VF page to expose opportunity with opportunity's standard detail page, but received a permissions error.

So, I tried exposing just the opportunity name field, but that still didn't work.

Is the opportunity object completely not sharable?

Any input/suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Daniel

Hi. My email template always justifies center even if I save it with left align. Can anybody guess why this might be happening?

Thank u,

Daniel

I have some lead records that are buried under Leads and I cannot view them because the view filter criteria does not extend to what I need.

The records that are "buried" are Leads where IsConverted=True

I have these records pulling from the All leads report, but I cannot manage these records because I cannot view them from the lead object.

Can someone provide some light on this?

Thank you.

Hi,

I'm trying to convert use VWFConvertLead plugin. It has 85% pass rate, but I cannot successfully push this to production

Here's the error I'm receiving 

VWFConvertLead.basicTest()Class133 Failure Message: "System.DmlException: ConvertLead failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INVALID_STATUS, invalid convertedStatus: Qualified: []", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.VWFConvertLead.convertLead: line 133, column 1 Class.VWFConvertLead.invoke: line 22, column 1 Class.VWFConvertLead.basicTest: line 171, column 1"
VWFConvertLead.basicTestwithAccount()Class133 Failure Message: "System.DmlException: ConvertLead failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INVALID_STATUS, invalid convertedStatus: Qualified: []", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.VWFConvertLead.convertLead: line 133, column 1 Class.VWFConvertLead.invoke: line 22, column 1 Class.VWFConvertLead.basicTestwithAccount: line 205, ...
VWFConvertLead.basicTestwithAccounts()Class133 

Failure Message: "System.DmlException: ConvertLead failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INVALID_STATUS, invalid convertedStatus: Qualified: []", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.VWFConvertLead.convertLead: line 133, column 1 Class.VWFConvertLead.invoke: line 22, column 1 Class.VWFConvertLead.basicTestwithAccounts: line 241,...

The full code is at http://docs.database.com/dbcom/en-us/db_apex/apex_process_plugin_example_lead_convert.htm?version=182.0

Does anybody have any idea what I'm missing? Thank you in advance

Hi. I'm still new at this so please bear with me. Here is a working trigger that add products to opportunity upon logic:

trigger LeadConvert on Lead (after update) {

RecordType ClientLead = [SELECT Id FROM RecordType WHERE SobjectType = 'Lead' AND Name = 'Client' LIMIT 1];

for (Lead l: Trigger.new) {

// no bulk processing; will only run from the UI & only trigger is lead record type is Client
  if (Trigger.new.size() == 1 && l.RecordTypeId == ClientLead.Id) {

if (Trigger.old[0].isConverted == false && Trigger.new[0].isConverted == true) {

// if a new opportunity was created
      if (Trigger.new[0].ConvertedOpportunityId != null && Trigger.new[0].RecordTypeId=='012E0000000UMzBIAW') {

// update the converted opportunity with some text from the lead
        Opportunity opp = [Select o.Id, o.Description from Opportunity o Where o.Id = :Trigger.new[0].ConvertedOpportunityId];
        opp.Description = Trigger.new[0].Name;
        update opp;

// add an opportunity line item - Banking Enrollment Fee
        OpportunityLineItem bef = new OpportunityLineItem();
        bef.OpportunityId = opp.Id;
        bef.Quantity = 1;
        bef.TotalPrice = 3696.00;
        bef.PricebookEntryId = [Select p.Id From PricebookEntry p Where Id = '01uE0000000mc6AIAQ' And IsActive = true limit 1].Id;
        insert bef;

// add an opportunity line item - Mandatory Blood Screening
        OpportunityLineItem mbs = new OpportunityLineItem();
        mbs.OpportunityId = opp.Id;
        mbs.Quantity = 1;
        mbs.TotalPrice = 1027.00;
        mbs.PricebookEntryId = [Select p.Id From PricebookEntry p Where Id = '01uE0000000mc65IAA' And IsActive = true limit 1].Id;
        insert mbs;

// add an opportunity line item - Yearly Banking Fee
        OpportunityLineItem ybf = new OpportunityLineItem();
        ybf.OpportunityId = opp.Id;
        ybf.Quantity = 1;
        ybf.TotalPrice = 150.00;
        ybf.PricebookEntryId = [Select p.Id From PricebookEntry p Where Id = '01uE0000000mc6FIAQ' And IsActive = true limit 1].Id;
        insert ybf;

}         

}

}     

}

Here is the trigger that covers 0%

@IsTest(SeeAllData=true)
Public class ConvertLead_test{

static testmethod void Unittest(){

Opportunity opp = new Opportunity(Name='Test opp',CloseDate=system.today(),StageName='Banking',RecordTypeId='012E0000000UMzBIAW');// You need to populate all the mandatory field to insert opportunity record

insert opp;

OpportunityLineItem mbs = new OpportunityLineItem ();

mbs.OpportunityId = opp.id;
        mbs.Quantity = 1;
        mbs.TotalPrice = 3696.00;
        mbs.PricebookEntryId = [Select p.Id From PricebookEntry p Where Id = '01uE0000000mc6AIAQ' And IsActive = true limit 1].Id;
        insert mbs;    

}
}

Any help would be appreciated. Thank u in advance.

Hi. I'm new to force and having some trouble writing proper unit test for my trigger. The goal of this trigger is to attach a pdf to Notes & Attachments object. I would appreciate any help to get started in the right direction. I read the tutorials on writing unit tests, but still having problems.

Trigger:

trigger AttachAgreement on Opportunity (after insert) {
if(trigger.new[0].RecordTypeId=='012E0000000UMzBIAW')
{
    OpportunityPDFGenerator1.generateClientAgreementPDF(trigger.new[0]);
}
}

Class:

public with sharing class OpportunityPDFGenerator1
{

public static final String FORM_HTML_START = '<HTML><BODY>';
    public static final String FORM_HTML_END = '</BODY></HTML>';

public static void generateClientAgreementPDF(Opportunity opp)
    {
        datetime myDT = Datetime.now();
        String myDate = myDT.format('h:mm a');

String pdfContent = '' + FORM_HTML_START;
        try
        {
            pdfContent = '' + FORM_HTML_START;
            pdfContent = pdfContent + 'body message goes here';
            pdfContent = pdfContent + FORM_HTML_END;
        }catch(Exception e)
        {
            pdfContent = pdfContent + '<P>THERE WAS AN ERROR GENERATING PDF: ' + e.getMessage() + '</P>';
        }
        attachPDF(opp,pdfContent);
    }

public static void attachPDF(Opportunity opp, String pdfContent)
    {
        try
        {
            Attachment attachmentPDF = new Attachment();
            attachmentPDF.parentId = opp.Id;
            attachmentPDF.Name = 'EnrollmentAgreement.pdf';
            attachmentPDF.body = Blob.toPDF(pdfContent); //This creates the PDF content
            insert attachmentPDF;
        }catch(Exception e)
        {
            opp.addError(e.getMessage());
        }
    }

}

Hi. I am trying to update some fields with values from another record with a different record type. Nothing happens when I try the following code. Pls help

trigger createOrderforABFSCB1 on Stem_Cell_Bank__c (after update) {

// Collect all updated SCB Ids
	Set<Id> setSCBIds = new Set<Id>();

// Collect all SCB Id which has stem cell banked date populated
		if (scb.Stage__c == 'Stem Cells Banked' && Trigger.oldMap.get(scb.Id).Stage__c != 'Stem Cells Banked')  { 
			setSCBIds.add(scb.Id);
        }
    }

// List for collecting Orders to update
    List<ChargentOrders__ChargentOrder__c> colist = new List<ChargentOrders__ChargentOrder__c>();

// Iterate all the Orders of SCB
	for(ChargentOrders__ChargentOrder__c o : [SELECT Id, Account__c, Stem_Cell_Bank__c, ChargentOrders_Expiration_Month__c, ChargentOrders_Number__c,
                                         ChargentOrders_Type__c, ChargentOrders__Payment_Method__c, RecordTypeId 
										 FROM ChargentOrders__ChargentOrder__c 
										 WHERE Stem_Cell_Bank__c IN: setSCBIds]) {
        if(o.RecordTypeId == '012E0000000VPOC') {
    		colist.add(new ChargentOrders__ChargentOrder__c(Id = o.Id, RecordTypeId = '012E0000000VPOH', ChargentOrders_Number__c = o.ChargentOrders_Number__c));
        }
    }
	if(!colist.isEmpty()) {
		update colist;
    }

}

Hi. Does anyone know who do I need to speak with to have a bug fixed with visual workflow?

I tried contacting Basic Support and they directed me log this problem in developerforce

I'm not sure if I'm crazy of they are, but I thought developerforce is a collaboration of external developers

In my personal experience, basic support has been subpar to say the least and lack the technical knowledge to resolve some of the most simplistic problems

Here's an explanation of this bug:

When you progress through the visual workflow from one screen to another, there's an image named loading.gif, that shows the progression 

The problem is this image is not being shown properly and shows as image missing. This problem shows up in Chrome, not sure if it's a cross brower issue

Any feedback would be appreciated

Hi. I'm not using any for loop but getting System.LimitException: Too many SOQL queries: 101

The error is recognized in insert(testTask)

Sorry I'm not a good coder. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

@isTest
public class updateSCBonT4Test {
         static testMethod void testupdateSCBonT4(){
             Account testAccount = new Account(name='test account');
             insert(testAccount);
             s.name = 'Test';
//             system.debug('value is = ' + testAccount.Id);
             s.account__c = testAccount.Id;
             test.startTest(); 
             insert(s); 
             Task testTask = new Task(Subject

= 'Collect Enrollment Information', whatId = a[0].ID); 
             insert(testTask); 
             testTask.whatId = s.Id;
             update(testTask);

Task testTask1 = new Task(Subject = 'Process Payment', whatId = a[0].ID); 
             insert(testTask1); 
             Stem_Cell_Bank__c updatedStem_Cell_Bank1 = [SELECT stage__c FROM Stem_Cell_Bank__c WHERE name = 'Test'];
             system.AssertEquals('Process Payment',updatedStem_Cell_Bank1.stage__c); 
             testTask1.whatId = s.Id;
             testTask1.Status='Completed';
             update(testTask1);

Task testTask2 = new Task(Subject = 'Order Blood Test', whatId = a[0].ID); 
             insert(testTask2); 
             Stem_Cell_Bank__c updatedStem_Cell_Bank2 = [SELECT stage__c FROM Stem_Cell_Bank__c WHERE name = 'Test'];
             system.AssertEquals('Order Blood Test',updatedStem_Cell_Bank2.stage__c); 
             testTask2.whatId = s.Id;
             testTask2.Status='Completed';
             update(testTask2);

Task testTask3 = new Task(Subject = 'Schedule Fat Extraction', whatId = a[0].ID); 
             insert(testTask3); 
             Stem_Cell_Bank__c updatedStem_Cell_Bank3 = [SELECT stage__c FROM Stem_Cell_Bank__c WHERE name = 'Test'];
             system.AssertEquals('Schedule Fat Extraction',updatedStem_Cell_Bank3.stage__c); 
             testTask3.whatId = s.Id;
             testTask3.Status='Completed';
             update(testTask3);

Stem_Cell_Bank__c checkupdate = [SELECT stage__c, id FROM Stem_Cell_Bank__c WHERE name='Test'];
             System.debug(checkupdate.Id);
             System.debug(checkupdate.Stage__c);             
             system.AssertEquals('Review Eligibility Test',checkupdate.stage__c); 

test.stopTest();
        }
}

Hi all!

Is it possible to create consecutive field set records from a detail page?

The reason I ask is I have 5 fields that need to be collected in "groups" and the number of these "groups" can be anywhere from 1 to 30.

If field set is not the solution to this, can anyone pls provide any workaround solution/recommendation?

Thank you! ^^

Daniel

c.ChargentOrders__Gateway__c = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx';
	        c.ChargentOrders__Currency__c = 'U.S. Dollar';
	        c.Order_Item__c = 'Yearly Subscription Fee';
                // add one year to stem cell banked date

co.add(c);
		} //end if
	} //end for scb

try{
		insert co;
		system.debug(e);
	}

}

Hi, as you could see, i have a pretty straightforward trigger, but i am getting the following error:

System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object Trigger.createOrderforABFSCB

it appears to not like c.ChargentOrders__Payment_Start_Date__c = scb.Stem_Cells_Banked_Date__c.addYears(1);

Stem_Cells_Banked_Date__c is a DATE data type, but i can't seem to use the addYears() method

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

thank u

Hi,

I have the following trigger, but it's my test code is not covered for line 10 and lines 15 and 16. I'm new to this and any suggestion would be appreciated.

line	 source
 1	  trigger updateSCBonTask1 on Task (after update) {
 3	      Set<Id> SCBIds = new Set<Id>();
 5	      for(Task t: [SELECT Subject,WhatId, Status FROM Task WHERE ID IN:trigger.new]){
 7	          String wId = t.WhatId;
 9	          if(wId!=null && !SCBIds.contains(t.WhatId) && t.Status == 'Completed' && t.Subject.Contains('Collect Enrollment Information')){
 10	              SCBIds.add(t.WhatId);
 11	          }
 12	      }
 14	      for(Stem_Cell_Bank__c a:[SELECT stage__c FROM Stem_Cell_Bank__c WHERE ID IN:SCBIds]){
 15	                   a.stage__c = 'Process Payment';
 16	          update a; 
 17	      }  
 19	  }

My test code:

@isTest
public class updateSCBonT1Test {
         static testMethod void testupdateSCBonT1(){
             s.name = 'Test';
             s.account__c = '001c000000AfLHOAA3';
             test.startTest(); 
             insert(s); 
             Task testTask = new Task(Subject = 'Test', whatId = a[0].ID); 
             insert(testTask); 
             update(testTask);
             Stem_Cell_Bank__c checkupdate = [SELECT stage__c FROM Stem_Cell_Bank__c WHERE name = 'Test'];
             system.AssertEquals('Process Payment',checkupdate.stage__c);
             test.stopTest();
        }
}

thank u in advance~

I am creating an alert tab for my customer portal users via a visualforce tab. I am grabbling the contactId via {$User.ContactID} and want to set the current page to this ID when a user click this tab from the Home tab.  Am I going to have to make every tab a VF tab and pass the param that way or is there a way to set the Current Page id to a default id?

I'd like to have it automically set to something like this 

https://c.cs7.visual.force.com/apex/Customer_Alerts?id=aid

<apex:page standardcontroller="Contact" showHeader="true">

<apex:param name="aid" value="{!$User.ContactId}"/>

<h1>Alerts will go here</h1><br/>
{!$User.ContactId}
{!Contact.name}<br/>
{!Contact.Alert_Management__r.Alert_Message__c}<br/>
{!Contact.Account.Name}

</apex:page>

Thanks in advance,

D

Hi,

I'm trying to convert use VWFConvertLead plugin. It has 85% pass rate, but I cannot successfully push this to production

Here's the error I'm receiving 

VWFConvertLead.basicTest()Class133 Failure Message: "System.DmlException: ConvertLead failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INVALID_STATUS, invalid convertedStatus: Qualified: []", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.VWFConvertLead.convertLead: line 133, column 1 Class.VWFConvertLead.invoke: line 22, column 1 Class.VWFConvertLead.basicTest: line 171, column 1"
VWFConvertLead.basicTestwithAccount()Class133 Failure Message: "System.DmlException: ConvertLead failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INVALID_STATUS, invalid convertedStatus: Qualified: []", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.VWFConvertLead.convertLead: line 133, column 1 Class.VWFConvertLead.invoke: line 22, column 1 Class.VWFConvertLead.basicTestwithAccount: line 205, ...
VWFConvertLead.basicTestwithAccounts()Class133 

Failure Message: "System.DmlException: ConvertLead failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INVALID_STATUS, invalid convertedStatus: Qualified: []", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.VWFConvertLead.convertLead: line 133, column 1 Class.VWFConvertLead.invoke: line 22, column 1 Class.VWFConvertLead.basicTestwithAccounts: line 241,...

The full code is at http://docs.database.com/dbcom/en-us/db_apex/apex_process_plugin_example_lead_convert.htm?version=182.0

Does anybody have any idea what I'm missing? Thank you in advance

Hi. I'm still new at this so please bear with me. Here is a working trigger that add products to opportunity upon logic:

trigger LeadConvert on Lead (after update) {

RecordType ClientLead = [SELECT Id FROM RecordType WHERE SobjectType = 'Lead' AND Name = 'Client' LIMIT 1];

for (Lead l: Trigger.new) {

// no bulk processing; will only run from the UI & only trigger is lead record type is Client
  if (Trigger.new.size() == 1 && l.RecordTypeId == ClientLead.Id) {

if (Trigger.old[0].isConverted == false && Trigger.new[0].isConverted == true) {

// if a new opportunity was created
      if (Trigger.new[0].ConvertedOpportunityId != null && Trigger.new[0].RecordTypeId=='012E0000000UMzBIAW') {

// update the converted opportunity with some text from the lead
        Opportunity opp = [Select o.Id, o.Description from Opportunity o Where o.Id = :Trigger.new[0].ConvertedOpportunityId];
        opp.Description = Trigger.new[0].Name;
        update opp;

// add an opportunity line item - Banking Enrollment Fee
        OpportunityLineItem bef = new OpportunityLineItem();
        bef.OpportunityId = opp.Id;
        bef.Quantity = 1;
        bef.TotalPrice = 3696.00;
        bef.PricebookEntryId = [Select p.Id From PricebookEntry p Where Id = '01uE0000000mc6AIAQ' And IsActive = true limit 1].Id;
        insert bef;

// add an opportunity line item - Mandatory Blood Screening
        OpportunityLineItem mbs = new OpportunityLineItem();
        mbs.OpportunityId = opp.Id;
        mbs.Quantity = 1;
        mbs.TotalPrice = 1027.00;
        mbs.PricebookEntryId = [Select p.Id From PricebookEntry p Where Id = '01uE0000000mc65IAA' And IsActive = true limit 1].Id;
        insert mbs;

// add an opportunity line item - Yearly Banking Fee
        OpportunityLineItem ybf = new OpportunityLineItem();
        ybf.OpportunityId = opp.Id;
        ybf.Quantity = 1;
        ybf.TotalPrice = 150.00;
        ybf.PricebookEntryId = [Select p.Id From PricebookEntry p Where Id = '01uE0000000mc6FIAQ' And IsActive = true limit 1].Id;
        insert ybf;

}         

}

}     

}

Here is the trigger that covers 0%

@IsTest(SeeAllData=true)
Public class ConvertLead_test{

static testmethod void Unittest(){

Opportunity opp = new Opportunity(Name='Test opp',CloseDate=system.today(),StageName='Banking',RecordTypeId='012E0000000UMzBIAW');// You need to populate all the mandatory field to insert opportunity record

insert opp;

OpportunityLineItem mbs = new OpportunityLineItem ();

mbs.OpportunityId = opp.id;
        mbs.Quantity = 1;
        mbs.TotalPrice = 3696.00;
        mbs.PricebookEntryId = [Select p.Id From PricebookEntry p Where Id = '01uE0000000mc6AIAQ' And IsActive = true limit 1].Id;
        insert mbs;    

}
}

Any help would be appreciated. Thank u in advance.

Hi. I'm new to force and having some trouble writing proper unit test for my trigger. The goal of this trigger is to attach a pdf to Notes & Attachments object. I would appreciate any help to get started in the right direction. I read the tutorials on writing unit tests, but still having problems.

Trigger:

trigger AttachAgreement on Opportunity (after insert) {
if(trigger.new[0].RecordTypeId=='012E0000000UMzBIAW')
{
    OpportunityPDFGenerator1.generateClientAgreementPDF(trigger.new[0]);
}
}

Class:

public with sharing class OpportunityPDFGenerator1
{

public static final String FORM_HTML_START = '<HTML><BODY>';
    public static final String FORM_HTML_END = '</BODY></HTML>';

public static void generateClientAgreementPDF(Opportunity opp)
    {
        datetime myDT = Datetime.now();
        String myDate = myDT.format('h:mm a');

String pdfContent = '' + FORM_HTML_START;
        try
        {
            pdfContent = pdfContent + 'body message goes here';
        }catch(Exception e)
        {
            pdfContent = pdfContent + '<P>THERE WAS AN ERROR GENERATING PDF: ' + e.getMessage() + '</P>';
        }
        attachPDF(opp,pdfContent);
    }

public static void attachPDF(Opportunity opp, String pdfContent)
    {
        try
        {
            Attachment attachmentPDF = new Attachment();
            attachmentPDF.parentId = opp.Id;
            attachmentPDF.Name = 'EnrollmentAgreement.pdf';
            attachmentPDF.body = Blob.toPDF(pdfContent); //This creates the PDF content
            insert attachmentPDF;
        }catch(Exception e)
        {
            opp.addError(e.getMessage());
        }
    }

}

OK so I've been an admin for about 3 years and (for better or worse) know more about SF than anyone in my company.  i have some experience with apex and Visualforce, but little with triggers.

what i need is to write a trigger in production that does this:  the trigger should create a new record in a custom object called "Vehicles" when an Opportunity record is created with a specific value in one of its custom fields (the field is called "Type").  So, when an opp is created and saved with Type = "x", then the trigger should fire, and a new vehicle object record should be created that is populated with a few fields from that opportunity record.

can anyone send me some code to show me what this trigger should be or look like?  I've been researching this but have no clue, and I'm afraid of writing bad code that will cause problems.

also, the custom object is not in a parent-child relationship with the opporuntiy object, and i don't want it to be unless it has to be.

i know the developers in here are ridiculously smart and talented, and i'm just hoping one of you feels sorry enough for an amateur like me to help me out.  thanks a lot.