• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have created datetime field named  SitevisitDateTime.Now i need to extract time and date field seperately.

Im able to extract  date field correctly.How to display time in a formula field.

I did like this .

MID (TEXT( Site_Visit_Date__c ), 12, 8 ) .This will not show exact time .I need 12 hr format and timezone is time zone is 
(GMT+05:30) India Standard Time (Asia/Calcutta) .How can i accomplish this?

Thanks

• April 26, 2013

Hi,

I am attemting to create a workflow.  I have a custom object created and on the record I have a custom field named Bid Date. When this field is changed I want the record owner to be alerted. Any ideas?

Thanks,
SC

• April 23, 2013
We have a Case Record.Any Changes to the Record is reflected in the Last Modified by (Date and Time). But when a post is made against same Case Record, it does not update. 
Is there a way to update the Last Modified By or Create a new Field and use a Workflow to Update the new field with Last Modified (Date and time - Today())  when a POST is made on the Case Record??
  • June 25, 2014

Scenario: I have Standard Task Object and want to add a Field like Formula or which ever suits to need.

Needed Result: The Field must tell if the Task was created in Account or Opportunity or any other object under the Account.

Example: 

Task 1

Object Label(Field) : Account(Object Label)

Task 2

Object Label(Field) : Opportunity(Object Label)

Please advice if there is an alternate work around or if there is something I am missing..?

• October 21, 2013

Scenario: I have a record with 80 fields and I would like to send an VF email template based on a certain condition.

Needed Solution: When I send out an email, it should only be with the fields which are popuated in the Record and not all the 80 fields.

Eg: In one case I may have 40 fields filled up and some 50, 60 etc,. 

How can this be achieved?

Any ideas/suggestions are highly appreciated..

• October 21, 2013

SCenario:

Checking a box must send out an email with an attachment to a set of ppl?

Email is an Action by a WF .

Is it possible to send out an email with afixed doc attached to it ??

• September 30, 2013

Y'all,

I would like to know if we can integrate just the Chatter portion to a custom website and use the Chatter free licence for the users to just communicate.?

Scenario: We have a Meet Up site for People who have left the org. Our Org does use SF for diffe purpose. There was an idea if we could use the Chatter free licences and integ Chatter to the website so that ppl can stay in touch like inside the org. They need not see any other info at all. Just CHATTER for gen communication..

• June 06, 2013

I was wondering about this scenario. 

I have a custom object with Date/Time for separate events. Is it possible to include that specific date/time into Outlook Calender through SF-Outlook integ.

Eg: Event name : Brunch with Delegates

Date/Time: 5/25/2013 11:30 AM 

This needs to be loaded into Outlook as a meeting event. 

• May 22, 2013

In my Test Env, if I delete an app will it delete all the Objects, VR, WF, AP ??

Can any one let me know.

Thanks.

• April 25, 2013

Y'all,

I would like to know the difference between Automated and Manual Testing in Salesforce with an example.

Mucho Appreciated.!

-T

• March 17, 2013

Hi,

Help needed.

I have a Text field with the hours of now() func. I want to subtract 14 hrs from that num.

So I wanna know how to move the values of text to number field.

Any help is highly appreciated..

Thanks

• March 05, 2013

Scenario :

I need to compare the current hours to 14:00:00.

i.e.

Hours(now() - 14:00:00) and

If Answer > 1 min then perform 1 set of oprn ELSE other.

Can you help me out in this as to how it can be achieved.?

Olympus is falling, need assistance.

Thanks

• March 05, 2013

I have 4 date fields.

D1 , 2, 3, 4

I want a VR which validates, IF D1> (2 or 3 or 4) then an error should throw up.

Can this be written as a single VR in the field D1?

Need ASAP assistance pls.

Thanks,

• March 04, 2013

I have a WF which sends out an email when a date is entered.

WF-Action is VF Email Template and it works fine too.

My scenario is:

I have an Account under which an Opportunity is created.

I enter a date and email is sent out.

I need to send this Email to Account -"owner" and "salesperson", these 2 field are there in the Account Object.

Help on this?

• March 02, 2013

Hi Y'all who'll be assisting me..!

I have this below code, I tried using in Formula but unable to save due to the size thing.

I am pretty new to coding and I would like to know how to come up with a code and like what to do.

CASE(MOD((X3_Date_Copy__c) - DATE(1900, 1, 7) , 7),
0, X3_Date_Copy__c+Stage_3_4__c,
1, X3_Date_Copy__c+Stage_3_4__c,
2, X3_Date_Copy__c+Stage_3_4__c,
3, X3_Date_Copy__c+Stage_3_4__c,
4, X3_Date_Copy__c+Stage_3_4__c,
5, X3_Date_Copy__c+Stage_3_4__c,
6, X3_Date_Copy__c+Stage_3_4__c,
null)

X3 and Stage3_4 are both Formula Fields. As a result the formula is heavy.

My Scenario: I hv X3 which is a calculated date and S3_4 is a calculated number - Formula Field Types.

I need to know how to write a code for above scenario. After this I have 3 more places I would have to implement the same code for same scenarios but different values.

Need assistance pls.!

Thanks,

• March 01, 2013

Hi Y'all..

Need F1(help.. :))..

F1 = Date Field without weekends.

F2 = Custom Formula Field (number)

F3 = Date Field

I need to calculate:

F1 = F2+F3, but I should not get dates with Weekends.

This is my Previous code with standard number of days, this time its variable number based on a field.

CASE(MOD((RFP_Review_Start_Date__c ) - DATE(1900, 1, 7) , 7),
0, F3+1,
1, F3+1,
2, F3+1,
3, F3+1,
4, F3+1,
5, F3+3,
6, F3+2,
null)

Need assistance in this please. Please let me know if any further things needed..

• March 01, 2013

Hi Y'all.

F1 = formula field, F2=Custom Field which calculates (0.02*another custom field)

I have a a formula field F1 = FLOOR(F2).

But I get an error: " Compiled formula is too big to execute (6,659 characters).
Maximum size is 5,000 characters "

Any help?

• February 28, 2013

HI Y'all,

I have a Formula field F1 - which calculates a fixed Date.

I know that Formula field are not editable.

But, is there any other way that F1 can be mapped to Date field where I can EDIT the field. Not the F1. Like create any field say F2 and map F1 to F2 and make F2 editable.

Or any other whole idea. Which Starts with a Calculated Formula date field and then mapping to an editable Date Field.

Need assistance here. Thanks..

• February 26, 2013

Hi Y'all - who will be asisting me..!

Start Date 1 - Date field, End Date 1 - Formula Field.

Start Date 2 - Date field, End Date 2 - Formula Field.

End Date 2 = {Start Date 1 + (3 days) } - but it should not be a Weekend.

If its a weekend, then it has to be a next weekday.

Eg: If "End Date 2 calculates to be - Saturday", the formula should calculate and the answer should be Monday's Date.

On the whole End Dates should have the dates from M-F.

Assistance on this is highly appreciated.? 

Thanks..!

• February 22, 2013
We have a Case Record.Any Changes to the Record is reflected in the Last Modified by (Date and Time). But when a post is made against same Case Record, it does not update. 
Is there a way to update the Last Modified By or Create a new Field and use a Workflow to Update the new field with Last Modified (Date and time - Today())  when a POST is made on the Case Record??
  • June 25, 2014

Hey,

I have 2 identical multi-pick lists that I would like to put a validation rule on.

MP 1 = Exams_Sat__c

Options = Exam 1, Exam 2, Exam 3, Exam 4

MP2 = Exams_Passed__c

Options = Exam 1, Exam 2, Exam 3, Exam 4

What i would like the rule to do is

IF Exam 1/2 & 4 were selected as exams Sat, when you come to set the passed exams if you select Exam 3 you get an error telling you that you have selected an exam that wasn't sat.

Any ideas or is this not possible?

Cheers

Dan

Hello,

We have a search page where we are displaying account and contact records. We do have search box and some filter criterias on this page as well. When I click on search button ( using actionFunction to call the controller method), It gives me the following error. 

Insufficient Privileges
You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary.

Note - This org has been updated to summer 2013 yesterday. The search functionality was working fine till yesterday. 

Please let me know if any one else is having the same issue as well or its related to summer 13. 

Thanks,

Hi All,

when I save the below formula, it shows this error:

Error: Compiled formula is too big to execute (19,959 characters). Maximum size is 5,000 character

if the sum of Value_1__c to Value_13__c <= 10, then  display level 1

if the sum of Value_1__c to Value_13__c >10 and Value_1__c to Value_13__c <= 18, then  display level 2

if the sum of Value_1__c to Value_13__c >18 then level 3

formula value:

if((Value_1__c + Value_2__c +Value_3__c + Value_4__c + Value_5__c + Value_6__c + Value_7__c + Value_8__c + Value_9__c+ Value_10__c + Value_11__c + Value_12__c + Value_13__c) <= 10

&&
(Value_1__c + Value_2__c +Value_3__c + Value_4__c + Value_5__c + Value_6__c + Value_7__c + Value_8__c + Value_9__c+ Value_10__c + Value_11__c + Value_12__c + Value_13__c ) <> 0 , "Level 1",
if( AND((Value_1__c + Value_2__c +Value_3__c + Value_4__c + Value_5__c + Value_6__c + Value_7__c + Value_8__c + Value_9__c + Value_10__c + Value_11__c + Value_12__c + Value_13__c) > 10
&&
(Value_1__c + Value_2__c +Value_3__c + Value_4__c + Value_5__c + Value_6__c + Value_7__c + Value_8__c + Value_9__c+ Value_10__c + Value_11__c + Value_12__c + Value_13__c) <= 18), "Level 2",
if((Value_1__c + Value_2__c +Value_3__c + Value_4__c + Value_5__c + Value_6__c + Value_7__c + Value_8__c + Value_9__c+ Value_10__c + Value_11__c + Value_12__c + Value_13__c) > 18,"Level 3",
"Level Not Calculated Yet" )))

All field Value_1__c to Value_13__c also formula field which get s the value from the picklist selected.

we tried this also:

total_risk_cal__cValue_1__c + Value_2__c +Value_3__c + Value_4__c + Value_5__c + Value_6__c + Value_7__c + Value_8__c + Value_9__c+ Value_10__c + Value_11__c + Value_12__c + Value_13__c

if((total_risk_cal__c) <= 10
&&
(total_risk_cal__c ) <> 0 , "Level 1",
if( AND((total_risk_cal__c) > 10
&&
(total_risk_cal__c) <= 18), "Level 2",
if((total_risk_cal__c) > 18,"Level 3",
"Level Not Calculated Yet" )))

but getting same error.

Kindly tell how resolve this

How to check the security token of Salesforce

How flow will be from ui to database. Work Flow Rule to Send emails.????

When After creating a task and sending mails,outbound message,field update.

Hi,

I have a "New Account" button on Account object.

this new Account button redirects to another visualforce page.

Now, i want When a user clicks the "New Account" button on the Account Page Layout and they do not have the "Create" permission on their user profile or granted through permission sets, the following error message is displayed: "You have insufficient privileges to create Accounts".

• May 20, 2013

Hello Everyone,

I have created new report with "New Accounts" under "Supplier Owner" Report type. I am able to view the report in System Admin profile but not other profiles.

Getting 'Insufficient Priviliges" issue while opening the report other than system admin profile(ex:Account Manager profile) and update below settings for the profile.

Manage Public Reports - True

Run Reports -                     True

Is native report types are only accesible for System Admin profile?

Identified other report too - All Pending Approval Requests

Can someone clarify the above questions! How to view  reports which created by salesforce native report types other than system administrators?

Thanks,

Krishna

• May 20, 2013

We are planning to store emplloyee performance review data in a custom object.  I know that I can modify all profiles to restrict access.  However, if I mistakenly check the box 'modify all data', I could inadvertently grant access.

Is there a way I can block access to a certain object so that I don't constantly have to test all my custom profiles?   I'd like to grant access only to one user.

HI

This is really simple still it didn't xork.

the formula I use is:

AND (ispickval(Region_NR__c ,'Europe'),IsClosed=False,(Ischanged( Forecast__c )))

and there is an email alert that should be sent to me when someone chnages the forecast...but I've seen today changing the forecast but I did not receive any email.

can someone spot why?

Thanks

Cinzia

We're starting with a new installation of the Nonprofit Starter Pack. We have chosen the Bucket method of assigning all Donors to an "Individual" account. In Security, we have Contact and Accounts to Public Read/Write. We have created a hierarchty and, for now, put all users in the Development Office Role.

However, when one user creates a Contact, it does not show up in the other users Contact list. What are we missing?

Hi, I have a strange issue. Users can't view/edit tasks where they aren't the owner. These tasks are on a custom object.

Here is what I've checked so far:

Profiles have full CRUD access on the custom object and fields.
Field level security on Task, everything is visible.
General User Permissions, Edit Tasks is Checked.
Tried all this on 3 different licenses: Standard, Force.com - One App and Salesforce Platform

Any insight will be greatly appreciated!
Theo

• May 08, 2013

Hi,

I wish to remove code and accomplish this on forumullas, is it possible?

thanks

lstOppty = [Select Id, Name, AccountId,Probability, Amount, Net_License_Revenue__c, Maintenance__c, PS__c, ES__c,
                        Other__c, Total__c, INFA_Forecast_Category__c, DatedConversionRate__c from Opportunity 
where AccountId in : accountIdList
AND StageName IN ('Compliance Prep','Validated','Working','Qualified Suspect','Received','Qualify Opportunity','Discover Needs','Validate Solution','Negotiate','Paperwork to SOG','Negiotiations & Paperwork','Onsite Quote Sent','Lead or Interest Shown','Date selected, funding approved','Quote Sent','Training purchased,sitting in deferred','Date selected, funded, payment not made','Student registered, payment made','Credits being used for training','Course delivered or credits expired','Delivered','Agreement sent','Agreement Signed','Onsite','Awaiting Renewal')
                        AND CloseDate = THIS_QUARTER 
                        AND CloseDate <= NEXT_QUARTER order by AccountId];

//CountOpportunity = lstOppty.size();
Id previousAcctId = null;
SLic = 0;
//Decimal conRate = ?
Integer oppCount = 0;
Integer caseIndex = 0;
for (Opportunity opp: lstOppty){
    String thisAcctId = opp.AccountId;
    if (thisAcctId != previousAcctId) {
        if (previousAcctId != null) {
            // skip past any non matching account id's - should not be any
            while ((caseIndex < lstCase.size()) && (lstCase[caseIndex].AccountId != previousAcctId)) 
                caseIndex++;
            while ((caseIndex < lstCase.size()) && (lstCase[caseIndex].AccountId == previousAcctId)) {
                Case c = lstCase[caseIndex];
                if ((c != null) && (c.Status !=null)) {

c.Sum_License__c = SLic;
                c.Count_Opportunity__c =  oppCount;
                c.Sum_ES__c = SEs;
                c.Sum_Maintenance__c = SMain;
                c.Sum_Other__c = SOth;
                c.Sum_PS__c = SPs;
                c.Sum_Total__c = STot;
                //c.Status = 'Working';
                    cs.add(c);            
                }
                caseIndex++;
            }
        }
        previousAcctId = thisAcctId;
        SLic = 0;
        oppCount = 0;

}
    oppCount++;

if(opp.DatedConversionRate__c != null && opp.DatedConversionRate__c != 0){
                conRate = 1/opp.DatedConversionRate__c;
            }else{
                conRate=1;
            }

if(opp.Amount != null){
                SLic += opp.Amount*conRate;
            }

I have a formula field that is converting a date/time into just a date. Based on conditional logic, this formula attempts to take the Datevalue() of a datetime.

On the problem record, the value of the datetime field is "5/1/2013 12:00 AM".

When viewing the standard view page for this record, the formula correctly displays "5/1/2013".  When I navigate to a related list that displays the same formula field, however, the value shown is "4/30/2013".

Why would the exact same field display differently in a related list and on a standard view? I have been able to reproduce this in several orgs with brand new sObjects. My current user is in the eastern time zone. This same issue seems to happen regardless of the time zone my user is in.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a brand new object "Parent"

2. Create another object, "Child".

3. On the child record, create three fields:

1) a lookup field to the parent object.

2) a datetime field, "Datetime 1" that is a sample field.

3) a formula field, "Formula Field" that returns the datevalue of the other created field. The formula should be:

Datevalue(Datetime_1__c)

4. Create a record of the parent object. 

5. Create a record of the child object. Populate the Datetime 1 field with 5/1/2013 12:00 AM and save the record. Notice that the formula field correctly displays "5/1/2013".

6. Navigate to the parent record and view the child record in the related list. Note that "Datetime 1" displays correctly, but "Formula Field" now shows "4/30/2013."

In my tests, when the value of the datetime field is set to "1:00 AM" instead, the formula displays correctly in both places. It seems like on related lists, SFDC does not taken into account Daylight Savings Time when converting Datetimes to Dates in formulas.

Hello!

I need help with a formula for surveys. I want to send a survey for every 10 cases closed. The cases considered would have a particular record type(s) and contain and email address. I have a case custom formula field that currently registers either true or false:

IF(MOD(VALUE(CaseNumber), 10) = 0, "True", "False")

If the result is true, an email is sent with the survey link.

It was suggested that I might need to create an Apex trigger. I need help with this since I am quite a novice with Apex. 

I appreciate the help,

Shannon

Hi,

I have created datetime field named  SitevisitDateTime.Now i need to extract time and date field seperately.

Im able to extract  date field correctly.How to display time in a formula field.

I did like this .

MID (TEXT( Site_Visit_Date__c ), 12, 8 ) .This will not show exact time .I need 12 hr format and timezone is time zone is 
(GMT+05:30) India Standard Time (Asia/Calcutta) .How can i accomplish this?

Thanks

• April 26, 2013

Hi ,

I have a problem when am login into salesforce connect offline in my desktop....am using Windows 8  and IE 10. when i login  into offline ... encountered a pop message that is "we have encountered a problem whille starting your offline edition. Please login again" .  Please help me to solve my problem.

Thanks in advance

Sreekanth

Hi,

Can any one please help me in creating a new formula using multi select picklist which is of currrency data type.

I created an object named as book(which is of multi select picklist), and try to calclulate the cost of book

if a user selects say 2 books, it should multiply the cost of 2 books and return the value in currency.

Please help.

Hey, 

i got a formula that creates an enddate from a startdate without weekens

CASE(MOD(DATEVALUE(Data_recovery_akkoord__c ) - DATE(1900, 1, 7) , 7),
0, Data_recovery_akkoord__c +4,
1, Data_recovery_akkoord__c +4,
2, Data_recovery_akkoord__c +6,
3, Data_recovery_akkoord__c +6,
4, Data_recovery_akkoord__c +6,
5, Data_recovery_akkoord__c +6,
6, Data_recovery_akkoord__c +5,null)

this worked great for 4 workdays. 

now i want to make the 4 workdays a variable so it can be 4,5 or 6 or even 20 (dropdown menu)

and im lost cause i dont know how to calculate the exact amount of weekend days without exceeding the 5000 limit.

i made the 2 following formulas;

111 duur expres eind:

CASE(Recovery_duur_Expres__c,

"4", CASE(MOD(DATEVALUE(Data_recovery_akkoord__c ) - DATE(1900, 1, 7) , 7),
0, 4,
1, 4,
2, 6,
3, 6,
4, 6,
5, 6,
6, 5,null),
"5", CASE(MOD(DATEVALUE(Data_recovery_akkoord__c ) - DATE(1900, 1, 7) , 7),
0, 5,
1, 7,
2, 7,
3, 7,
4, 7,
5, 7,
6, 6,null),
null)

111dagen test:

CASE(MOD(DATEVALUE(Data_recovery_akkoord__c ) - DATE(1900, 1, 7) , 7),
0, (Data_recovery_akkoord__c +X111_duur_expres_eind__c),
1, (Data_recovery_akkoord__c +X111_duur_expres_eind__c),
2, (Data_recovery_akkoord__c +X111_duur_expres_eind__c),
3, (Data_recovery_akkoord__c +X111_duur_expres_eind__c),
4, (Data_recovery_akkoord__c +X111_duur_expres_eind__c),
5, (Data_recovery_akkoord__c +X111_duur_expres_eind__c),
6, (Data_recovery_akkoord__c +X111_duur_expres_eind__c),null)

this gets me way over the 5000 limit.

can anyone help me.