• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I've just started to learn sales force.  Our company already has some custom dashboard pages and a iframed page on a tab a previous developer created.  

Since I'm new to this API and figure I don't need to learn everything at once, I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on what modules to learn to accomplish the following task.

Build a report for a dashboard which takes each account and gives the last 6 month sales history. Right now we don't enter sales data in SalesForce. This is in our proprietary web based system. We input our unique account number in sales force, so this number could be used to grab sales data from our system.

What would be the best way to push our sales data into some custom data types (whatever those types are), so I can create a datasource on the custom data types to pull 6 months worth of data? Figure the custom data type would contain (account number, sales date (Y-m-d), and sales amount).

Any help here would be grately appreciated.

Hi,

I've just started to learn sales force.  Our company already has some custom dashboard pages and a iframed page on a tab a previous developer created.  

Since I'm new to this API and figure I don't need to learn everything at once, I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on what modules to learn to accomplish the following task.

Build a report for a dashboard which takes each account and gives the last 6 month sales history. Right now we don't enter sales data in SalesForce. This is in our proprietary web based system. We input our unique account number in sales force, so this number could be used to grab sales data from our system.

What would be the best way to push our sales data into some custom data types (whatever those types are), so I can create a datasource on the custom data types to pull 6 months worth of data? Figure the custom data type would contain (account number, sales date (Y-m-d), and sales amount).

Any help here would be grately appreciated.