• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

We are getting this error while installing package : Missing Organization Feature: CommonPortal null. Is this problem with enabling community in destination org?

The source org from where the package is created has community enabled and destination org doesnt have community licenses and so community is not enabled. 

Is there any possibility that we can install the package without enabling the community(as no community licenses) in the destination org?
Please let us know as we need to communicate it to the higher level. Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks..
Hi all,

I have DEV501 Voucher but in Webassessor i am not able to register, Is not today the last day to register before the transitions?
Please let me know how to register for DEV501 now. If not possible, can I use my Dev501 voucher for new Dev certification? If so, how?

Thanks.

Hi, 

We enabled ETM(or TM 2.0) in our Sandbox.
I am trying to insert AccountShare record for assigning territory to an account as below:

AccountShare a = new AccountShare(UserOrGroupId='00G17000000HBRdEAO', RowCause='TerritoryManual', AccountId ='0011700000C3Vua');
insert a;

But it is throwing following exception:

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION, field integrity exception: RowCause (cannot insert sharing row with this cause): [RowCause]

Before this, I successfully assigned territories from UI by clicking on 'Assign Territories' button under "Assigned Territories" list in Account detail page and was able to assign territory to the account. Also I can see the relevant AccountShare records created backend.

But I dont know why I am unable to do the same using Apex, i.e. inserting AccountShare records.

Please help.

Thanks a lot.
Hi,

We have CTI requirement in our Project. The client wants a Demo on sample CTI implementation(realtime calls from salesforce to phone) and then based on that they would like to buy based on its pricing. Please let me know any trial CTI implementations (with actual phone calls) available in Salesforce for Demo purpose.

Thanks.
Hi,

We have a requirement to implement Open CTI. Can we make live(or realtime) calls using Open CTI implementation? If not, what do we need to make Open CTI make realtime calls?

Do we have any free adapter providers for a specific time period(for trial and then asses to buy paid).

Thanks.

Hi,

I am new to Integration and want to learn Salesforce Integration basics with some practice integrations.
Please let me know a path for learning the same and  any useful resources for beginners.

How to Integrate Salesforce with External Application, say Java Application? 

What are APIs in Salesforce like REST API, SOAP API etc.
How to decide which API to use when? 

What is SOAP UI Tool and when & how to use it?

Thanks a lot.

Hi,
Is there any possibility to remove/hide  "New Event" button from Home Page?

User-added image

Thanks.
Hi,

I am trying to delete a CaseShare record using the below code but getting an exception:

List<CaseShare> c = [Select Id,  CaseId, CaseAccessLevel, UserOrGroupId, RowCause From CaseShare where   CaseAccessLevel='Edit'  and CaseId = '50017000001b88e'];
System.debug(c);
delete c;

System.DmlException: Delete failed. First exception on row 0 with id 01n17000003gg7wAAA; first error: INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY, id does not exist: []

I can see the SOQL query returning a record but not able to delete it. What could be the reason for not allowing deletion/updation. I am System Administrator.

Thanks.
Hi,
We are facing issue with alignment/spacing for lookup fields in Vf.

VF page is as below:

<apex:page standardController="Task">
<apex:form >
    <apex:pageBlock >
        <apex:pageBlockSection >
            <apex:inputField value="{!Task.WhatId}" style="white-space: nowrap;" styleClass="lookupInput;" />
        </apex:pageBlockSection>
    </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

It is getting displayed as below, without any space between two input boxes. But if the same field is seen in a standard salesforce page, there is space between those two input boxes. How to make the two input boxes of the below lookup field to have some space in between them similar to that of standard salesforce page lookup field.

No space issue between two input boxes of lookup field in VF

Thanks.

Hi,

We have the following requirement, please suggese a solution for the same. We need to have this implementation for Service Cloud.
We have a Product lookup field in Case Object.

On click of New button for creating a Case we have a Vf page(which is a custom record type selection VF page). Once Case Record Type is selected and click on the Continue button, it navigates to the Case Edit Page. The Case Edit Page is standard salesforce page.
Based on the Case record type selected, we have to populate the Product lookup field.
Say, if Case Record Type C1 is selected, Prod1 shud get auto-populated in Product lookup field in Case Edit Page , if C2 Case Record Type is selected, Prod2 shud get auto-populated in Product lookup field in Case.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Can we share a Product Record Using Apex, if so please give the sample code.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, we have following requirement, please let me know how to achieve below functionality:

1. Admin creates a new product called PROD1.
    As soon as the new product PROD1 is created, a new Public Group PG1 will be created dynamically through the already existing trigger.
2. Then Admin adds USER2 and USER3 to the public group PG1(which is created in the above step1)
3. Now our req is to make all the users in that public group PG1(USER2 and USER3) to be able to access the product PROD1.How to achieve this functionality?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

We have the following, pls let me know how to solve it:
There are 3 record types for Case, say A,B and C.
If an User creates a Case record with record type A then restrict the User to View/Edit only Case records(his/others) of record type A only.
If an User creates a Case record with record type B then restrict the User to View/Edit only Case records(his/others) of record type B only.
How can it be done, pls let us know the solution as it is bit urgent.

Thanks a lot.
Hi,

This is with respect to Knowledge Implementation in salesforce. In Service Cloud console, in Case I am getting two side bars one after another which are Suggested Articles and the another is Knowledge Search. How to disable Knowledge Search sidebar and keep only Suggested Articles sidebar ?

Thanks.
Hi,

We have a requirement to move a Task from OpenActivities to ActivityHistory whenever the Status of the Task is either Completed or Cancelled. Salesforce standard behavior moves Task to ActivityHistory if its Status is Completed, how to move a Task to ActivityHistory if the Task is Cancelled?

Thanks.
Hi,

I have a Normal Picklist field(which is a controlling picklist) say pickA and a multi-select picklist say pickB(which is the dependent picklist to the picklist pickA) on a custom object.
I have a Visualforce page containing those 2 picklists. On selecting a value from picA and selecting some values from pickB and clicking on Save saves the picklist values to the database but on Edit, the value selected in picA gets displayed but the selected values from multi-select picklist picB are not getting displayed under "Chosen" and instead all are showing under "Available" as if no value is selected.

Please let me know how to resolve this. 

Thanks a lot.
Hi,

In Service Cloud console, I have a Visualforce page which has a button in it. I want to open a new sub tab on click of the button in that visualforce page in the service cloud console, please let me know how to do it?

Thanks a lot.
Hi,

I have 3 Checkboxes(custom fields) for an Object : All, One and Two

In edit page which is a Vf page for that Object, on checking All checkbox, One and Two checkbox should be disabled.
In detail page, once I click on Edit and come to the edit page, the All checkbox is displaying checked(which I did in above step), but One and Two checkbox are also displaying enabled.
How to achieve this? I mean even after clicking on Edit, and if All checkbox is true(or checked), the One and Two checkbox shud be disabled by default.

Thanks a lot!
Hi,

We have a Visualforce page which should display a Report for the Current case. I tried to create a Report based on the Case Id but the filter doesnt show Case Id(i.e. Case Record Id). Is there any possiblity to include Case Id in filter criteria?

Thanks.
Hi,

In standard Salesforce Knowledge Implementation, the articles appear based on any matching words typed in Case's Subject field.
Can we make the articles appear based on any matching words typed in any Custom field of Case? If so, how it can be achieved. Please let me know how it can be done, I have been exploring for it for past 2 days without any success.

Thanks a lot!
Hi,

I have a Normal Picklist field(which is a controlling picklist) say pickA and a multi-select picklist say pickB(which is the dependent picklist to the picklist pickA) on a custom object.
I have a Visualforce page containing those 2 picklists. On selecting a value from picA and selecting some values from pickB and clicking on Save saves the picklist values to the database but on Edit, the value selected in picA gets displayed but the selected values from multi-select picklist picB are not getting displayed under "Chosen" and instead all are showing under "Available" as if no value is selected.

Please let me know how to resolve this. 

Thanks a lot.
Hi,

Most of the below questions seem to be very basic and stupid, but anyway I am daring to put them in the forum... :)

Please clarify the following queries:

Let us say we have two companies, C and D.
Say, C is the Client company which needs to have an Application, say A to be developed. D is the Development Company which develops the Application required by the Client C in the Salesforce(Force.com Platform).
D finishes the Application A and C want to access the Application A.

Where will the Application be hosted? How C is going to access A? What about the Licenses?

So the basic questions are:

1. How does D decide on the Salesforce Editions to develop Application A?
2. After finishing the Development of the Application in Salesforce, how does D enable the client to access the Application A? I mean where does the hosting occur? Are there different ways of hosting the Salesforce Application? Is there any Licensing applicable here?
3. Please explain the flow of Development and hosting of a Salesforce Application with an example with possible ways. If there is any useful link regarding above queries, please share.

Thanks a lot!
Hi,

I have a custom object say CusObj__c and a custom checkbox field for it say CusFld__c.
If in Apex, I have a String which contains the API Name of the above custom field, i.e. say String x='CusFld__c' then how can I save the record of CusObj__c with data for that field.

For ex:
CusObj__c c = new CusObj__c();
String x = 'CusFld__c';
c.x=false;// This is not allowed, how to fix it??
insert c;

Thanks.
Hi,

I am trying to delete a CaseShare record using the below code but getting an exception:

List<CaseShare> c = [Select Id,  CaseId, CaseAccessLevel, UserOrGroupId, RowCause From CaseShare where   CaseAccessLevel='Edit'  and CaseId = '50017000001b88e'];
System.debug(c);
delete c;

System.DmlException: Delete failed. First exception on row 0 with id 01n17000003gg7wAAA; first error: INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY, id does not exist: []

I can see the SOQL query returning a record but not able to delete it. What could be the reason for not allowing deletion/updation. I am System Administrator.

Thanks.
Hi,
We are facing issue with alignment/spacing for lookup fields in Vf.

VF page is as below:

<apex:page standardController="Task">
<apex:form >
    <apex:pageBlock >
        <apex:pageBlockSection >
            <apex:inputField value="{!Task.WhatId}" style="white-space: nowrap;" styleClass="lookupInput;" />
        </apex:pageBlockSection>
    </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

It is getting displayed as below, without any space between two input boxes. But if the same field is seen in a standard salesforce page, there is space between those two input boxes. How to make the two input boxes of the below lookup field to have some space in between them similar to that of standard salesforce page lookup field.

No space issue between two input boxes of lookup field in VF

Thanks.

Hi,

We have the following requirement, please suggese a solution for the same. We need to have this implementation for Service Cloud.
We have a Product lookup field in Case Object.

On click of New button for creating a Case we have a Vf page(which is a custom record type selection VF page). Once Case Record Type is selected and click on the Continue button, it navigates to the Case Edit Page. The Case Edit Page is standard salesforce page.
Based on the Case record type selected, we have to populate the Product lookup field.
Say, if Case Record Type C1 is selected, Prod1 shud get auto-populated in Product lookup field in Case Edit Page , if C2 Case Record Type is selected, Prod2 shud get auto-populated in Product lookup field in Case.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, we have following requirement, please let me know how to achieve below functionality:

1. Admin creates a new product called PROD1.
    As soon as the new product PROD1 is created, a new Public Group PG1 will be created dynamically through the already existing trigger.
2. Then Admin adds USER2 and USER3 to the public group PG1(which is created in the above step1)
3. Now our req is to make all the users in that public group PG1(USER2 and USER3) to be able to access the product PROD1.How to achieve this functionality?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

We have the following, pls let me know how to solve it:
There are 3 record types for Case, say A,B and C.
If an User creates a Case record with record type A then restrict the User to View/Edit only Case records(his/others) of record type A only.
If an User creates a Case record with record type B then restrict the User to View/Edit only Case records(his/others) of record type B only.
How can it be done, pls let us know the solution as it is bit urgent.

Thanks a lot.
Hi,

In Service Cloud console, I have a Visualforce page which has a button in it. I want to open a new sub tab on click of the button in that visualforce page in the service cloud console, please let me know how to do it?

Thanks a lot.
Hi,

In standard Salesforce Knowledge Implementation, the articles appear based on any matching words typed in Case's Subject field.
Can we make the articles appear based on any matching words typed in any Custom field of Case? If so, how it can be achieved. Please let me know how it can be done, I have been exploring for it for past 2 days without any success.

Thanks a lot!
Hi,

Using standard Salesforce Knowledge Implementation, when any data is entered in Subject field of Case the relevent knowledge suggestion gets displayed. Can we have similar functionality if any data is entered in any custom field of Case? If it is possible, how can we achieve it?

Thanks a lot|
We have following requirement:

1. Case object has 3 record types say "Product1 Record Type", "Product2 Record Type" and "Product3 Record Type"
2. There is a Lookup for Product in Case object
3. While searching for a product lookup as part of creating new Case object, only those Products shud be displayed that matches product name with current case record type.
For eg. Let us say I have already created products named "Product1" , "Product2"  and "Product3" . I am creating a case object with its record type as say "Product1 Record Type" and for product lookup, it shud display only those products whose product name contains in the current case record, which in this scenario is "Product1" under Lookup filter dialog results. 
Similarly, for case with "Product2 Record Type"  shud display "Product2" under Lookup dialog results. 

How to achieve this. I tried under lookup filter without any success. Please help.
Hi,

I was asked to work on a requirement as following:

There is a Product lookup in Case object; So while creating a Case record, a product record need to be selected as part of product lookup. 
How to display different search results for product lookup for different users?

For example: With user A's login, while creating a new case record, and on click of product lookup just display only product records Prod1 & Prod2.
Similarly, With user B's login, while creating a new case record, and on click of product lookup just display only product records Prod3 & Prod4.

Pleas let me know on how to achieve the above functionality

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Please suggest a solution for the following:

We have a Parent Object say P and 3 related Objects or child objects say C1, C2 and C3. We have a requirement in which we need to show P, C1, C2, C3 as tabs(similar to the tabs that are displayed in apex:tabPanel) and we need to display a custom VF page as part of each of these tabs. i.e. for C1 tab, we need to display a custom VF page(with C1 as standard controller); for C2 tab, we need to display a custom VF page(with C2 as standard controller) and for C3 tab, we need to display a custom VF page(with C3 as standard controller). Also tab highlighting should happen based on tab selected.

Please let us know the best possible way to implement the above.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Please let me know how to get the Group Name/Group Id of currently logged in user in Apex?

Thanks in advance.

We have an approval process on object X and i tried to show some editable fields(of Object X only) on Approval Page layout but they are getting displayed as readonly fields, please let me know any way to show them as editable fields on approval page layout?

Thanks.

I have to integrate CTI system with Salesforce. I have installed open CTI from following link.

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Open_CTI#Installing_The_Demo_Open_CTI_Adapter

Can anyone guide me How can I configure it with my CTI System? I have simple requirement. I have to open relative account page as a pop up when a call is reached at CTI System.Please help.

Hi all,

Please clarify the below query, it is a bit urgent:

Let us say I have two objects X, Y and both are related(we are allowed to use Lookup/Master-detail relationship).
I have created an Approval Process on X. Is it possible to display some fields of Y also in the Approval Request Page Layout in any possible way?

Thanks in advance.

I have an approval process that has two requirements that I cannot satisfy with a standard SFDC approval process:

1) If the approval is rejected at any step, the approver needs to update two fields on Opportunity:  a rejection reason (picklist) and detail (long text field).

2) Upon final approval, the approver needs to update two fields (text and email) on the Opportunity.

In both cases, these actions are mandatory.  I have found no way - back door or otherwise - to place editable fields (other than Comments) on the Approval page layout.  The approver/rejector is obviously thrown onto the Opportunity detail page upon approval/rejection, but there's no way to force them - or even draw their attention to - the fields they need to update.  Nor is there any way, with standard Approval processes, to have a different Approval page layout for different approvers.

My current workaround is pretty ugly.  Upon rejection, a Workflow sends an email to the rejector.  The email contains a link to an Apex page that contains relevant Opportunity fields, with the rejection reason and detail fields editable and mandatory.  Upon final approval, a Workflow sends an email to the approver.  The email contains a link to an Apex page that contains relevant Opportunity fields, with the two required fields editable and mandatory.  So approvers get an email inviting them to approve, they click into the Approval page, select approve or reject, then receive ANOTHER email inviting them to click into ANOTHER page to provide required fields.  Ick.  And there's no way to force them to click the link to update the required fields, so there also have to be time-based reminders.

I want to have the audit trail of a real Approval process, with a related list of Approval steps on the Opportunity, so I'm left with the "opportunity" to create a completely custom approval process.  I've done custom Approval submission and creation, but would really prefer NOT to have to create the whole things from scratch, end-to-end.

So my question is this: has anyone got clever ideas for how I can do any or all of the following:

A) Put editable (mandatory, if at all possible) fields on an Approval page layout

B) Have different Approval page layouts for different approvers

C) Control page redirection upon approval/rejection

Thanks,

Ken