• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi

I have a workflow that has 2 formula field updates updating the same custom field.  The reason I have 2 field updates is because the formula is greater than 5000 characters so I had to split it into 2 formula field updates.

As follows

Formula Filed Update 1
(CASE(BMCServiceDesk__FKServiceOffering__r.Name,
"Super Risk","HEAD END",
"Risk", "HEAD END",
"Coral Connect", "CONNECT",
"OBR Wallet Integration Web Services", "CONNECT",
"Workplace Portal","SSBT",
"SAM (Workplace)", "SSBT",
"BGT", "SSBT",
"FOBT", "FOBT",
"FOBT EPSOM", "FOBT",
"Chatsworth Scanner 8500", "PC",
"Shop Tablet", "PC",
"Tablet Application", "PC",
"Nexus 7", "PC",
"Star TCP 100 Printer", "PC",
"PC In Shop", "PC",
"PC NFC Reader", "PC",
"PC In Shop Base Unit", "PC",
"PC In Shop Monitor", "PC",
"PC In Shop Mouse", "PC",
"PC In Shop Keyboard", "PC",
"PCIS Application", "PC",
"TIM30","PC",
"CMS Application", "PC",
"Automatic Cash Management", "PC",
"HIVE", "PC",
"BIP Retail", "BIP",
"BIP Screen", "BIP",
"BIP In Shop", "BIP",
"BIP NFC Reader", "BIP",
"BIP Terminal", "BIP",
"BIP Perform Decoder", "BIP",
"BIP Zone", "BIP",
"BIP BetRadar Decoder", "BIP",
"BIDS Head End Server", "BIDS",
"BIDS central Service", "BIDS",
"BIDS DataCast", "BIDS",
"Television", "BIDS",
"Coral TV", "BIDS",
"Gantry Screen", "BIDS",
"Standalone Screen", "BIDS",
"Main Screen", "BIDS",
"CIT", "BIDS",
"TOTE GATEWAY","EPOS",
"CES Manager", "EPOS",
"ERD", "EPOS",
"Auto Transfer", "EPOS",
"RAS Server", "EPOS",
"CES Manager", "EPOS",
"ITERM", "EPOS",
"ITERM Scanner", "EPOS",
"ITERM Printer", "EPOS",
"ITERM Hard Drive", "EPOS",
"ITERM Monitor", "EPOS",
"ITERM Application", "EPOS",
"ITERM NFC Reader", "EPOS",
"ITERM Keyboard", "EPOS",
"SIS Dish", "SHOP INFRASTRUCTURE",
"SIS Primary Receiver", "SHOP INFRASTRUCTURE",
"SIS Secondary Receiver", "SHOP INFRASTRUCTURE",
"SIS In Shop Service", "SHOP INFRASTRUCTURE",
"PDQ Terminal (Chip and Pin)", "SHOP INFRASTRUCTURE",
"SKY In Shop Service ", "SHOP INFRASTRUCTURE",
"SKY Receiver", "SHOP INFRASTRUCTURE",
"SKY Dish", "SHOP INFRASTRUCTURE",BMCServiceDesk__FKBusinessService__r.Name))

And formula field update 2
IF(CONTAINS(BMCServiceDesk__FKTemplate__r.Name , "Redirect"), "REDIRECTION",
IF(BEGINS( BMCServiceDesk__FKServiceOffering__r.Name , "BIDS"), "BIDS",
IF(BEGINS( BMCServiceDesk__FKServiceOffering__r.Name , "CORAL PLUS"), "BIDS",
(CASE(BMCServiceDesk__FKBusinessService__r.Name ,
"Coral Connect (Multi Channel)", "CONNECT",
"NETWORK SERVICES", "HEAD END",
"SHOP NETWORK AND TELEPHONY","SHOP INFRASTRUCTURE",
"TELEPHONY SERVICES", "HEAD END",
"TRADING DATA FEEDS", "AMELCO",
"TRADING SYSTEM", "AMELCO",
"CORAL RETAIL DATA FEEDS", "AMELCO",BMCServiceDesk__FKBusinessService__r.Name))
)))

What I am finding though that one is cancelling the other out.  So only the second formula is actually updating the field how I want it to, the other formula is just showing up as BMCServiceDesk__FKBusinessService__r.Name

Any ideas how I can stop s from happening?

The end result is to have the data as a summary report
Hello

I have created a web tab with an http url.  I am aware about the issue around blocking mixed content.  However when this is disabled in chrome the page I am trying to access via the Salesforce web tab appears diferently to when I access the page not through salesforce i.e how it should appearUser-added imageUser-added image  Is there a reason for this?

Many thanks

Sonya

Hello.

I have used the following formula to work out what Financial Week a ticket was opened with our Support Desk using the following formula:
MOD(FLOOR( ( DATEVALUE( CreatedDate ) - DATE(2014,09,21)-6)/7),52)+1
Our 2014/15 Financial calendar started 2014-09-21 (Fri) which works great.   However what I need it to do is reset  back to 1 when we start the next Financial year 2015-09-25 and reset again 2016-09-23 and so on............

Any ideas?
Hello

I have a custom field CAB_Outcome__c and I am wanting to somehow report when this field is no longer blank and is changed today ()?  I am then wanting this to check another custom field using a workflow and uncheck if CAB_Outcome__c is changed but not today()?

Hope that makes sense?  All ideas welcome

Many Thanks

Sonya
Hello

I have a formula as below to check a field as true within a workflow if any of the following criteria are met

(AND(
Emergency_RFC_to__c = TRUE
||
AND(
BMCServiceDesk__State__c = TRUE, BMCServiceDesk__Status__c = 'SUBMITTED FOR CAB'
)
||
AND(ISPICKVAL(BMCServiceDesk__ClosureCategory__c , 'Failed'), ISBLANK(Post_Implementation_Comments__c))
||
AND(ISPICKVAL(BMCServiceDesk__ClosureCategory__c , 'Rolled back'), ISBLANK(Post_Implementation_Comments__c))
||
AND(ISPICKVAL(BMCServiceDesk__ClosureCategory__c , 'Withdrawn'), ISBLANK(Post_Implementation_Comments__c))
||
AND(ISPICKVAL(BMCServiceDesk__ClosureCategory__c , 'Completed with Outage Caused'), ISBLANK(Post_Implementation_Comments__c))

))

However, it doesn't seem to work.  Is there something I have missed?

Thanks

Sonya
Hello

I have an outlook template used to raise an emergency it change as follows:

Please could you kindly authorise the Emergency change below to be performed 22:00 today.

Incident Name: Update SQL Script for BIDS system Incident
Description: Race meeting ‘SPRINTVALLY’ has changed to ‘SPRINT VALLEY’
Business Division/s affected: All
Emergency change justification: Incorrect silks are being displayed.
Risk and Impact of implementing the change: Low Risk Risk and impact of not implementing the change: Manual update required by Broadcast Date and time of implementation (start/end): 05/07/13 22:00 till 22:30
Business sponsor: Joe Bloggs
Helpdesk ticket reference number if known: IM-485147

The sub headings in bold never change

Howevr in my email template the field formatting looks as follows:

Please could you kindly authorise the Emergency change below to be performed 22:00 today. Incident Name: Update SQL Script for BIDS system Incident Description: Race meeting ‘SPRINTVALLY’ has changed to ‘SPRINT VALLEY’ Business Division/s affected: All  Emergency change justification: Incorrect silks are being displayed. Risk and Impact of implementing the change: Low Risk Risk and impact of not implementing the change: Manual update required by Broadcast Date and time of implementation (start/end): 05/07/13 22:00 till 22:30 Business sponsor: Joe Bloggs Helpdesk ticket reference number if known: IM-485147

How can I rework this so it appears as the former example as in the original email?

Thansk

Sonya

Hello

I am trying to create a formula to show tickets created last 2 days.  In a report I thought about using a literal date range filter to show last n days nut I cant see an option to do a custom last n days only 7, 30,60,90,120.

Is there a formula to show CreateDate last 2 days?

Many thanks

Sonya

Sonya

Hello,

I have a date time field that users manually select for when they want to implement a Change but I want to limit their selections to only Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays of each week.

Can anyone help?
Many Thanks

Sonya
Hello

My email administrator currently has set up some forwarding rules on our Exchange to allow Salesforce emails to be sent and received however due to recent tigher security controls with external email we now need to be able to enable Salesforce to send all email through our Authenticated SMTP server. This will mean all emails will be authenticated and will pass all basic checks. It would also mean that we can remove all of the bypass rules that have been put in-place for incoming emails from Salesforce.

Recently we have had occurrences whereby all the forwarding rules we have set up is blocking mail through our mail gateway from Salesforce as we do not have send from source or not.

For the external rules sending all email through our Authenticated SMTP server might be a way we can bypass having to setup all this forwarding, either by Salesforce checking an internal account, or by allowing the forwarding via Mimecast.

Is Email Relay Activation the way forward?

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Sonya
Hello

We have multiple email templates for Object Incident__c  and I was wanting to know if it is possible to write a validation rule to stop Staff from using Template x when Field Y is not null/blank?

I am unsure where the Email Template fields are stored?

Many thanks

Sonya
Hello,
I have the following validation rule that doesn't seem to be working as expected as it is firing an email when it is not true.  is there an error somewhere?

(OR(

(CONTAINS(BMCServiceDesk__Client_Name__c, "1") = False),

(CONTAINS(BMCServiceDesk__Client_Name__c, "2") = False),

(CONTAINS(BMCServiceDesk__Client_Name__c, "3") = False),

(CONTAINS(BMCServiceDesk__Client_Name__c, "4") = False),

(CONTAINS(BMCServiceDesk__Client_Name__c, "8") = False),

(CONTAINS(BMCServiceDesk__Client_Name__c, "9") = False)

))

Thanks

Sonya
Hi

I have a template that looks like this:

User-added image

Now I have been asked if this can be modified so the last row second column cell has a white background and not blue.
How would I change the inline css to show this from this?
TH {font-size: 14px; font-face: Ariel;BACKGROUND: #C6DBEF; border-width: 1;  width: 400px; text-align: left }
TD {font-size: 14px; font-face: Ariel; text-align: left;COLOR:#FFFFFF; BACKGROUND: #1669BC }
TABLE {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}
TR {border: solid #000000; border-width: 1; vertical-align: top; text-align: left; width: 400px;}
</STYLE>
<font face="ariel" size="2">

I would appreciate any suggestions, as I cannot figure it out?

Do I need a second TH?

Many thanks

Sonya

Hello

I have a template with a table formatted as follows:

<STYLE type="text/css">
.wordwrap {
    word-wrap: break-word;
    display: inline-block;
}
TH {font-size: 14px; font-face: Ariel;background: #C6DBEF; border-width: 1;  width: 400px; text-align: left }
TD {font-size: 14px; font-face: Ariel; text-align: left; }
TR {border: solid #000000; border-width: 1; vertical-align: top; text-align: left; width: 400px;}
</STYLE>

<p></p>
<h2>Coral Retail Priority 1 Incident Update   </h2>

<p></p>

<table border="0" >

<tr >

<th>Incident Description</th><th>{!relatedTo.BMCServiceDesk__incidentDescription__c}</th>

</tr>

<tr >

<th>Impact Analysis</th><th>{!relatedTo.Impact_Analysis__c}</th>

</tr>

<tr >

<th>Business Incident Update Notifications</th><td><apex:outputField value="{!relatedTo.HTML_History_Notes__c }"></apex:outputField></td> 

</tr>

</table>

But now I have been asked to format this table so that the first coloumn is a different colour (BACKGROUND: #1669BC)

So currently the email template looks like 

User-added image
But the first column needs to be #1669BC

I am unsure how to do this as I am not familiar with HTML and someone else designed this email template, can anyone help?

Many thanks

Sonya 

Hello

I am needing the help of salesforce developer community to help me with a trigger to count the number of tickets or cases each user or Client has raised/created ( all time), so that this can be added to a hidden custom field so I can report on the top 10 using the tabular type of report.

can anyone help?  I have no idea where to start?

Many thanks

Sonya
Hello

I have created the following email template:

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Attention! Update for P1 Incident for Service {!relatedto.P1_Sevice_Category_for_Business_Comms__c} (Ref:IN:{!relatedto.Name})" recipientType="User" relatedToType="BMCServiceDesk__Incident__c">
<messaging:htmlEmailBody >

<html>
<body>

<apex:image url="https://c.cs18.content.force.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?id=015110000009VFN&oid=00D110000006XnK" width="100" height="30"/>

<STYLE type="text/css">
TH {font-size: 14px; font-face: Ariel;background: #C6DBEF; border-width: 1;  width: 600px; text-align: left }
TD {font-size: 14px; font-face: Ariel; text-align: left; }
TR {border: solid #000000; border-width: 1; vertical-align: top; text-align: left; width: 600px;}
</STYLE>

<p></p>
<h2>Coral Retail Priority 1 Incident Update   </h2>

<p></p>

<table border="0" >

<tr >

<th>Incident Description</th><th colspan = "1">{!relatedTo.BMCServiceDesk__incidentDescription__c}</th>

</tr>

<tr >

<th>Impact Analysis</th><th colspan = "1">{!relatedTo.Impact_Analysis__c}</th>

</tr>

<tr >

<th>Business Incident Update Notifications</th><th colspan = "1"><apex:outputField value="{!relatedTo.HTML_History_Notes__c }"></apex:outputField></th>  

</tr>

</table>
  <p />
  <p>
<p>
</p>

</p>
   </font>
        </body>
     </html>
</messaging:htmlEmailBody>

</messaging:emailTemplate>

However I am now wanting to put the vaulu highlighted in bold above into another nested table so I the value doesn't overun across the page but is wrapped with a determining width such as 60%

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Sonya
Hello.

I have used the following formula to work out what Financial Week a ticket was opened with our Support Desk using the following formula:
Our 2014/15 Financial calendar started 2014-09-21 (Fri) which works great.   However what I need it to do is reset  back to 1 when we start the next Financial year 2015-09-25 and reset again 2016-09-23 and so on............

Any ideas?

Hello

I am trying to add a workflow rule to update a field when the time difference in hours between Date A - Date B is > than 2 hrs?

Any suggestions how I righ such a formula evaluation?

Many thanks

Sonya
Hello.  I am new to Salesforce and I have a very simple requirement.

I have created a basic tabular report and would like to rename some of the column headers and realign the text so it is centered and not to the right.

Can anyone direct me on how to do this?

Thanks

Sonya
Hi

I really need to be able to add a cc or bc recipient to my visual force email templates.  So I have been doing some diigin gand found this post

http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/32095/singlemessage-with-templateid-in-apex-need-to-add-more-recipients/32102#32102

and was wanting to know if anyone had tried this?  I am new to Salesforce and unsure how to get this started.  Can anyone help?

Thanks

Sonya
Hi

I am trying to write a trigger to allow me to pass into an email template so that a particular recipient gets this email everytime it is used.  So far I have gotten thus far:
trigger SingleEmail on Opportunity (before insert) {
    Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage(); 
    toAddresses = new String[] {'Joeblogg@abc123'};
            email.setToAddresses(toAddresses);     
EmailTemplate template = new EmailTemplate();
            template = [select Id from EmailTemplate where Name = 'P1_Incident_Update_Template_1'];
            mail.setTemplateID(template.Id);
}

I am getting an error on line 3 though stating that variable unknown:toaddressess

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong and indeed if this is the right way to go about resolving my over all requirement dilemma?

Thanks

Sonya
Hello

My email administrator currently has set up some forwarding rules on our Exchange to allow Salesforce emails to be sent and received however due to recent tigher security controls with external email we now need to be able to enable Salesforce to send all email through our Authenticated SMTP server. This will mean all emails will be authenticated and will pass all basic checks. It would also mean that we can remove all of the bypass rules that have been put in-place for incoming emails from Salesforce.

Recently we have had occurrences whereby all the forwarding rules we have set up is blocking mail through our mail gateway from Salesforce as we do not have send from source or not.

For the external rules sending all email through our Authenticated SMTP server might be a way we can bypass having to setup all this forwarding, either by Salesforce checking an internal account, or by allowing the forwarding via Mimecast.

Is Email Relay Activation the way forward?

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Sonya
Hi

I have a workflow that has 2 formula field updates updating the same custom field.  The reason I have 2 field updates is because the formula is greater than 5000 characters so I had to split it into 2 formula field updates.

As follows

Formula Filed Update 1
(CASE(BMCServiceDesk__FKServiceOffering__r.Name,
"Super Risk","HEAD END",
"Risk", "HEAD END",
"Coral Connect", "CONNECT",
"OBR Wallet Integration Web Services", "CONNECT",
"Workplace Portal","SSBT",
"SAM (Workplace)", "SSBT",
"BGT", "SSBT",
"FOBT", "FOBT",
"FOBT EPSOM", "FOBT",
"Chatsworth Scanner 8500", "PC",
"Shop Tablet", "PC",
"Tablet Application", "PC",
"Nexus 7", "PC",
"Star TCP 100 Printer", "PC",
"PC In Shop", "PC",
"PC NFC Reader", "PC",
"PC In Shop Base Unit", "PC",
"PC In Shop Monitor", "PC",
"PC In Shop Mouse", "PC",
"PC In Shop Keyboard", "PC",
"PCIS Application", "PC",
"TIM30","PC",
"CMS Application", "PC",
"Automatic Cash Management", "PC",
"HIVE", "PC",
"BIP Retail", "BIP",
"BIP Screen", "BIP",
"BIP In Shop", "BIP",
"BIP NFC Reader", "BIP",
"BIP Terminal", "BIP",
"BIP Perform Decoder", "BIP",
"BIP Zone", "BIP",
"BIP BetRadar Decoder", "BIP",
"BIDS Head End Server", "BIDS",
"BIDS central Service", "BIDS",
"BIDS DataCast", "BIDS",
"Television", "BIDS",
"Coral TV", "BIDS",
"Gantry Screen", "BIDS",
"Standalone Screen", "BIDS",
"Main Screen", "BIDS",
"CIT", "BIDS",
"TOTE GATEWAY","EPOS",
"CES Manager", "EPOS",
"ERD", "EPOS",
"Auto Transfer", "EPOS",
"RAS Server", "EPOS",
"CES Manager", "EPOS",
"ITERM", "EPOS",
"ITERM Scanner", "EPOS",
"ITERM Printer", "EPOS",
"ITERM Hard Drive", "EPOS",
"ITERM Monitor", "EPOS",
"ITERM Application", "EPOS",
"ITERM NFC Reader", "EPOS",
"ITERM Keyboard", "EPOS",
"SIS Dish", "SHOP INFRASTRUCTURE",
"SIS Primary Receiver", "SHOP INFRASTRUCTURE",
"SIS Secondary Receiver", "SHOP INFRASTRUCTURE",
"SIS In Shop Service", "SHOP INFRASTRUCTURE",
"PDQ Terminal (Chip and Pin)", "SHOP INFRASTRUCTURE",
"SKY In Shop Service ", "SHOP INFRASTRUCTURE",
"SKY Receiver", "SHOP INFRASTRUCTURE",
"SKY Dish", "SHOP INFRASTRUCTURE",BMCServiceDesk__FKBusinessService__r.Name))

And formula field update 2
IF(CONTAINS(BMCServiceDesk__FKTemplate__r.Name , "Redirect"), "REDIRECTION",
IF(BEGINS( BMCServiceDesk__FKServiceOffering__r.Name , "BIDS"), "BIDS",
IF(BEGINS( BMCServiceDesk__FKServiceOffering__r.Name , "CORAL PLUS"), "BIDS",
(CASE(BMCServiceDesk__FKBusinessService__r.Name ,
"Coral Connect (Multi Channel)", "CONNECT",
"NETWORK SERVICES", "HEAD END",
"SHOP NETWORK AND TELEPHONY","SHOP INFRASTRUCTURE",
"TELEPHONY SERVICES", "HEAD END",
"TRADING DATA FEEDS", "AMELCO",
"TRADING SYSTEM", "AMELCO",
"CORAL RETAIL DATA FEEDS", "AMELCO",BMCServiceDesk__FKBusinessService__r.Name))
)))

What I am finding though that one is cancelling the other out.  So only the second formula is actually updating the field how I want it to, the other formula is just showing up as BMCServiceDesk__FKBusinessService__r.Name

Any ideas how I can stop s from happening?

The end result is to have the data as a summary report
Hello.

Any ideas?
Hello

I have a custom field CAB_Outcome__c and I am wanting to somehow report when this field is no longer blank and is changed today ()?  I am then wanting this to check another custom field using a workflow and uncheck if CAB_Outcome__c is changed but not today()?

Hope that makes sense?  All ideas welcome

Many Thanks

Sonya
Hello

I have a formula as below to check a field as true within a workflow if any of the following criteria are met

(AND(
Emergency_RFC_to__c = TRUE
||
AND(
BMCServiceDesk__State__c = TRUE, BMCServiceDesk__Status__c = 'SUBMITTED FOR CAB'
)
||
AND(ISPICKVAL(BMCServiceDesk__ClosureCategory__c , 'Failed'), ISBLANK(Post_Implementation_Comments__c))
||
AND(ISPICKVAL(BMCServiceDesk__ClosureCategory__c , 'Rolled back'), ISBLANK(Post_Implementation_Comments__c))
||
AND(ISPICKVAL(BMCServiceDesk__ClosureCategory__c , 'Withdrawn'), ISBLANK(Post_Implementation_Comments__c))
||
AND(ISPICKVAL(BMCServiceDesk__ClosureCategory__c , 'Completed with Outage Caused'), ISBLANK(Post_Implementation_Comments__c))

))

However, it doesn't seem to work.  Is there something I have missed?

Thanks

Sonya
Hello

I have an outlook template used to raise an emergency it change as follows:

Please could you kindly authorise the Emergency change below to be performed 22:00 today.

Incident Name: Update SQL Script for BIDS system Incident
Description: Race meeting ‘SPRINTVALLY’ has changed to ‘SPRINT VALLEY’
Business Division/s affected: All
Emergency change justification: Incorrect silks are being displayed.
Risk and Impact of implementing the change: Low Risk Risk and impact of not implementing the change: Manual update required by Broadcast Date and time of implementation (start/end): 05/07/13 22:00 till 22:30
Business sponsor: Joe Bloggs
Helpdesk ticket reference number if known: IM-485147

The sub headings in bold never change

Howevr in my email template the field formatting looks as follows:

Please could you kindly authorise the Emergency change below to be performed 22:00 today. Incident Name: Update SQL Script for BIDS system Incident Description: Race meeting ‘SPRINTVALLY’ has changed to ‘SPRINT VALLEY’ Business Division/s affected: All  Emergency change justification: Incorrect silks are being displayed. Risk and Impact of implementing the change: Low Risk Risk and impact of not implementing the change: Manual update required by Broadcast Date and time of implementation (start/end): 05/07/13 22:00 till 22:30 Business sponsor: Joe Bloggs Helpdesk ticket reference number if known: IM-485147

How can I rework this so it appears as the former example as in the original email?

Thansk

Sonya

Hello

I am trying to create a formula to show tickets created last 2 days.  In a report I thought about using a literal date range filter to show last n days nut I cant see an option to do a custom last n days only 7, 30,60,90,120.

Is there a formula to show CreateDate last 2 days?

Many thanks

Sonya

Sonya

Hello,

I have a date time field that users manually select for when they want to implement a Change but I want to limit their selections to only Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays of each week.

Can anyone help?
Many Thanks

Sonya
Hello.

Any ideas?

In Sweden and some other parts of Europe the week numbering is often using the ISO 8601 standard that says that the first week of the year is the first week with at least 4 days in the new year. Some consequences of this is that the final dates of one year can be week 52, 53 or even week 1( in the following year). The same goes for the first dates of a year.

To be able to do weekly comparison report Year-to-Year with this weeknumbering it is necessary to create custom fields for the opportunity that calculates the Year and Week number for a given close date. Here is one solution using three custom formula fields.

Field: Global Sales Report Weekday

Description:  Day 1 = Sunday, 2 = Monday....., 7=Saturday

Formula:  MOD( CloseDate  - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7)+1

Field: Global Sales Report Week Year

Formula: YEAR(CloseDate + (MOD(8- Global_Sales_Report_Weekday__c ,7)-3))

Field: Global Sales Report Week

Formula:

FLOOR((CloseDate - DATE( Global_Sales_Report_Week_Year__c ,1,1) +
MOD(
(MOD( DATE(Global_Sales_Report_Week_Year__c,1,1) - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7)+1)
+1,7)-3) / 7 + 1)

Hope this can be of use for anyone else

Peter Baeza

InfoAction AB, Sweden

• March 15, 2010

Hello All,

Just want to share my experience in creating Visualforce Email template where you want to display date and time in User timezone

***Overview
You are in MST time zone.
Let's say we have Date/Time field TaskDateTime__c and use it in Visualforce email template to show recipient the time in email.

<apex:outputText value="{0,date,EEEE, MMMM d, yyyy, HH:mm:ss}"><apex:param value="{!RelatedTo.TaskDateTime__c}" /></apex:outputText>

In email time will be converted and showed to GMT instead of EST.

The outputField (which convert time to user locale automatically) does not
work in Visualforce Email templates (not supported).

So how do I tell to display in Visualforce Email template time in User
timezone? For example MST?

***Implementation Details (worarounds)***

I found two workarounds:

Workaround 1: Use Controller class for the Component to use in template

In order to format the date in various TimeZone in Email Template, we can follow the steps:

1. First create a Controller class for the Component

Setup|App Setup|Develop|Apex Classes|New

Formatted_DateTime_Controller Class Code
----------------------------------------------------------

public class controller_formatted_datetime
{
public DateTime date_time { get; set; } //property that reads the datetime value from component attribute tag
public String defined_format { get; set;} //property that reads the string value from component attribute tag
public String getFormattedDatetime()
{
if (date_time == null) {return ''; }
else { if (defined_format == null) {
return date_time.format(); //return the full date/time in user's locale and time zone
}
else { return date_time.format(defined_format,'MST'); //Specify Time zone like IST,CST
}}}}

2. Create a Component

Setup|App Setup|Develop|Components

VF Component Code (Name: VFEmailTempComp)

<apex:component access="global" controller="controller_formatted_datetime">{!FormattedDatetime}
<apex:attribute assignTo="{!date_time}" description="The DateTime value to be rendered" name="date_time_value" type="DateTime"></apex:attribute>
<apex:attribute assignTo="{!defined_format}" description="The optional format to use for the DateTime value to be rendered" name="date_time_format" type="String"></apex:attribute>
</apex:component>

3. Create an Email Template and embed the component.

Setup|Administration Setup|Communication Templates|Email Templates

Email Template Code
---------------------------------

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Testing DateTime Format" recipientType="Contact" >
<messaging:plainTextEmailBody >
Formatted: <c:VFEmailTempComp date_time_value="{!NOW()}" date_time_format="EEE MMM d kk:mm:ss z yyyy" />
</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

It will display current time in MST timezone.

Workaround 2: Calculate difference in the apex:param value (for MST (-7) it will be 7/24=0.291666666

Date: <apex:outputText value="{0,date,EEEE, MMMM d, yyyy}"><apex:param value="{!RelatedTo.Scheduled_Clock_In__c - 0.291666666}" /></apex:outputText>
Time: <apex:outputText value="{0,date,h:ma}"><apex:param value="{!RelatedTo.Scheduled_Clock_In__c - 0.291666666}" /></apex:outputText> MST

• August 28, 2012