• 65 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Say in a VF page, there's an email field 'Email' and a picklist field 'Picklist' and a button 'Submit'.

In order to update Picklist everytime Email is changed, actionsupport with 'onchange' event can be used. However, this doesn't work if the Email field is edited and the Submit button is directly clicked. Tried 'onclick' but it didn't work at all.

Any insights on how the picklist can be refreshed as soon as Email field is entered? 

Thanks!!

Hi All,

Need some help on this one.

Say there's a custom object named CO.

When the tab for CO is clicked, we are shown the page 'Recent CO'.  Can we set this page to be different for different profiles?

On object defintion, from Search Layouts -> CO Tab, we can set the columns to be shown. But how can we customize this to be different for different profiles/users?

Thank you!!

Hi All,

Since I can't use recordsetVar for custom controller, how can i use a visualforce page (using custom controller) as a list button?

Thank you in advance!!

Hi All,

The problem is instead of actual path, I am getting C:\Fakepath in IE, Chrome, Safari. Enabled 'Include local directory path when uploading files to a server' in IE but still doesn't work in IE. Any insights? Please help. Thanks!!

Following is the VF page with embedded javascript that allows the user to select the file and then populates Salesforce records with FileName, and FilePath. The original code was used as Scontrol in Salesforce Labs app External Attachment. 

Hi All, Hoping to get some insights and guidance to solve the first part of the problem. The code below provides the user with a browser window, lets select a file, and on clickling Done should create a record with File Name and File Path. However, this is the error I am getting right now..Please help!((Originally this was a scontrol code working ONLY in IE..this is the second part of the problem)

{faultcode:'sf:INVALID_SESSION_ID',faultstring:'INVALID_SESSION_ID:Invalid Session ID found in
SessionHeader: Illegal Session', detail:{UnexpectedErrorFault:{exceptionCode:'INVALID_SESSION_ID',exceptionMessage:'Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader:Illegal Session',},},}

Hi All,

Was wondering if this question has already been tackled.

Is it true that the 'from' address in the email alert triggered by workflow rule is set to the user who last modified the record to run the rule and trigger the email alert?

Thanks!!

Hi All,

Looking for some insights here.

Here is the Scenario:

- In outlook, User Selects an Email and then clicks Create Cases - > Routing Name

[Salesforce for Outlook Configuration done]

- Case is created in Salesforce. The owner is automatically correctly changed to a Queue A.

[The owner has been defined in Email to Case routing]

- In Workflow 

>>RULE

Rule Criteria: Case: Owner EQUALS Queue A

Evaluation Criteria:Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and every time it’s edited

>>IMMEDIATE ACTION

Send an email with a certain template to Group A(I tried this with single User as well)

Email is not received.

Again the problem is Email not being received after the Case is correctly opened and assigned to a Queue.

What could be going wrong? Could something be wrong with my configurations or could this be limitation of Salesforce?

Need help to resolve this issue.

Thank you everyone!!

AIW

Hi All,

Has this necessity rised for you before?

To convert a standard field Name set up as an Auto Number into Text in order to edit a record and then convert the Name field into Text again?

What might be the backlash/impact of this change?

Thanks for your time!!

AIW

Hi All,

I have been looking for devising a solution but I keep on heading a roadblock. Ryan from Salesforce and sfdcfox helped me a lot.  

Say a requirement is user shall be able to browse for a file, select it, and then store it's name and path in salesforce custom fields.

Fetching a file name and storing it in Salesforce is absolutely feasible. But the main issue I have been facing from day one is to actually fetch a path and store it in salesforce custom fields.

here's a very simple java code that can do it: But how can I do the same in salesforce?

import java.io.*;

import javax.swing.*;

public class FilePath1 {

public static void main(String[] args) {

try{

JFileChooser fc = new JFileChooser();

fc.showOpenDialog(null);

File file = fc.getSelectedFile();

String filename = file.getName();

System.out.println("File Name " + filename);

System.out.println("Path : " + file.getPath());

}

catch(Exception e){

// if any error occurs

e.printStackTrace();

}

}

}

Hi All,

Say there's a custom button called 'File Info' in a custom object A.

Once clicked, it opens up a browser window.

From there, a user will choose a file.

When user clicks 'Select' button in that browser window, a new record will be created with the File Name and File Location in the custom object A. And the file is stored in a local network drive.

I don't think it is possible at all in Salesforce. But I would really appreciate your insights and experiences. 

We can definitely create a button to open up a browser window and select the file...

But once the user selects the file, how can we ever display it's path..in local network drive??

Merci Beaucoup 

Hi All,

Hoping to receive some guidance based on your experiences in this one. What order would I deploy these through change sets?

I am trying to deploy some fields, objects, etc through Change Sets from one env to another one.

Here is the complete scenario of what I have:

1. New Fields in Existing Custom Object A [[These fields have certain field level security across EXISTING profiles]]

2. New Custom Object B with New custom fields[[The new custom object has certain CRUD/View All/Modify All permission across EXISTING PROFILES, New fileds have certain field level security across EXISTING profiles]]

** Custom Object B(Detail) is in relationship with Custom Object A(Master)

3. Related List (displayed in Custom Object A's detail page) consisting of particular fields(not all) of Custom Object B

4. Workflow Rule and Field Updates

Thank you!!!!!

Hi All,

Scenario:

- A custom object

- Multiple custom fields in  that custom object. These fields have History Tracking Enabled.

Need:

- One single report to be run on a monthly basis.

- That report shall consist the values of those fields for that particular month.

Question:

- Is it possible?

- Summary, Tabular, Matrix, Joined, Bucket fields....what applies for solution?

Any input goodfellas?

Hi All,

What do you do when you need to see CRUD permission for a single custom object across all the existing profiles(many of them) in an instance?

Hi all,  

Following is my process-conf.xml file being used to define beans involved in upserting rows from csv to Salesforce.

When I run the process file(through .bat file), I am getting an error saying:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type "map" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "/map>"  

Which doesn't make sense to me because I have terminated map. Could this problem be deducted to some other cause?

<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN"

"http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">

<beans>

<bean id="UsageUpsert" class="com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner" singleton="false">

<description>UsageInsert job gets the License and Usage record from the CSV file and upsert it into License and Usage custom object.</description>

<property name="name" value="UsageUpsert"/>

<property name="configOverrideMap">

<map>

<entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="true"/></entry>

<entry key="sfdc.debugMessagesFile" value="C:\Program Files (x86)\Salesforce.com\Data Loader\UsageUpsert\UsageInsertSoapTrace.log"/></entry>

<entry key="sfdc.endpoint" value="https://test.salesforce.com"/></entry>

<entry key="sfdc.username" value="username@salesforcedomain.com"/></entry>

<entry key="sfdc.password" value="5-------------------------"/></entry>                                               

<entry key="process.encryptionKeyFile" value="C:\Program Files (x86)\Salesforce.com\Data Loader\UsageUpsert\key.txt"/></entry>

<entry key="sfdc.timeoutSecs" value="600"/></entry>

<entry key="sfdc.loadBatchSize" value="200"/></entry>

<entry key="sfdc.externalIdField" value="License_and_Sandbox_Usage_Statistics_ID__c"></entry>

<entry key="sfdc.entity" value="License_and_Sandbox_Usage__c"/></entry>

<entry key="process.operation" value="upsert"/></entry>

<entry key="process.mappingFile" value="C:\Program Files (x86)\Salesforce.com\Data Loader\UsageUpsert\Mapping.sdl"/></entry>

<entry key="dataAccess.name" value="C:\Program Files (x86)\Salesforce.com\Data Loader\UsageUpsert\TestDataSet.csv"/></entry>

<entry key="dataAccess.type" value="csvRead"/></entry>

<entry key="process.initialLastRunDate" value="2005-12-01T00:00:00.000-0800"/></entry>

<entry key="process.statusOutputDirectory" value="C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\UsageUpsert"></entry>

</map>

</property>

<p>        </p>

</property></bean><p>             </p>

</beans>

Hi All,

I have been trying to figure out ways to process a .XLSX email attachment and push those information in fields across SFDC custom objects via Apex Email Service. 

Based on what I have read, it simply can't be done via Apex Email Service. To utilize Apex Email Service, either an attachment has to be .CSV format file OR the information should be provided in an email via HTML based content.

* Does it still hold true? If it does, what are the alternatives to process the .XLSX attachment and push it's data to SFDC object?

* Are there any particular links to blog post or documentation regarding the Apex Email service to process .CSV file?

Thank you :)

Hi All,

Since I can't use recordsetVar for custom controller, how can i use a visualforce page (using custom controller) as a list button?

Thank you in advance!!

Hi All,

The problem is instead of actual path, I am getting C:\Fakepath in IE, Chrome, Safari. Enabled 'Include local directory path when uploading files to a server' in IE but still doesn't work in IE. Any insights? Please help. Thanks!!

Following is the VF page with embedded javascript that allows the user to select the file and then populates Salesforce records with FileName, and FilePath. The original code was used as Scontrol in Salesforce Labs app External Attachment. 

Hi All, Hoping to get some insights and guidance to solve the first part of the problem. The code below provides the user with a browser window, lets select a file, and on clickling Done should create a record with File Name and File Path. However, this is the error I am getting right now..Please help!((Originally this was a scontrol code working ONLY in IE..this is the second part of the problem)

{faultcode:'sf:INVALID_SESSION_ID',faultstring:'INVALID_SESSION_ID:Invalid Session ID found in
SessionHeader: Illegal Session', detail:{UnexpectedErrorFault:{exceptionCode:'INVALID_SESSION_ID',exceptionMessage:'Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader:Illegal Session',},},}

Hi All,

Was wondering if this question has already been tackled.

Is it true that the 'from' address in the email alert triggered by workflow rule is set to the user who last modified the record to run the rule and trigger the email alert?

Thanks!!

Hi All,

Looking for some insights here.

Here is the Scenario:

- In outlook, User Selects an Email and then clicks Create Cases - > Routing Name

[Salesforce for Outlook Configuration done]

- Case is created in Salesforce. The owner is automatically correctly changed to a Queue A.

[The owner has been defined in Email to Case routing]

- In Workflow 

>>RULE

Rule Criteria: Case: Owner EQUALS Queue A

Evaluation Criteria:Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and every time it’s edited

>>IMMEDIATE ACTION

Send an email with a certain template to Group A(I tried this with single User as well)

Email is not received.

Again the problem is Email not being received after the Case is correctly opened and assigned to a Queue.

What could be going wrong? Could something be wrong with my configurations or could this be limitation of Salesforce?

Need help to resolve this issue.

Thank you everyone!!

AIW

Hi All,

Has this necessity rised for you before?

To convert a standard field Name set up as an Auto Number into Text in order to edit a record and then convert the Name field into Text again?

What might be the backlash/impact of this change?

Thanks for your time!!

AIW

Hi All,

I have been looking for devising a solution but I keep on heading a roadblock. Ryan from Salesforce and sfdcfox helped me a lot.  

Say a requirement is user shall be able to browse for a file, select it, and then store it's name and path in salesforce custom fields.

Fetching a file name and storing it in Salesforce is absolutely feasible. But the main issue I have been facing from day one is to actually fetch a path and store it in salesforce custom fields.

here's a very simple java code that can do it: But how can I do the same in salesforce?

import java.io.*;

import javax.swing.*;

public class FilePath1 {

public static void main(String[] args) {

try{

JFileChooser fc = new JFileChooser();

fc.showOpenDialog(null);

File file = fc.getSelectedFile();

String filename = file.getName();

System.out.println("File Name " + filename);

System.out.println("Path : " + file.getPath());

}

catch(Exception e){

// if any error occurs

e.printStackTrace();

}

}

}

Hi All,

Say there's a custom button called 'File Info' in a custom object A.

Once clicked, it opens up a browser window.

From there, a user will choose a file.

When user clicks 'Select' button in that browser window, a new record will be created with the File Name and File Location in the custom object A. And the file is stored in a local network drive.

I don't think it is possible at all in Salesforce. But I would really appreciate your insights and experiences. 

We can definitely create a button to open up a browser window and select the file...

But once the user selects the file, how can we ever display it's path..in local network drive??

Merci Beaucoup 

Hi All,

Hoping to receive some guidance based on your experiences in this one. What order would I deploy these through change sets?

I am trying to deploy some fields, objects, etc through Change Sets from one env to another one.

Here is the complete scenario of what I have:

1. New Fields in Existing Custom Object A [[These fields have certain field level security across EXISTING profiles]]

2. New Custom Object B with New custom fields[[The new custom object has certain CRUD/View All/Modify All permission across EXISTING PROFILES, New fileds have certain field level security across EXISTING profiles]]

** Custom Object B(Detail) is in relationship with Custom Object A(Master)

3. Related List (displayed in Custom Object A's detail page) consisting of particular fields(not all) of Custom Object B

4. Workflow Rule and Field Updates

Thank you!!!!!

Hi All,

What do you do when you need to see CRUD permission for a single custom object across all the existing profiles(many of them) in an instance?