• 2638 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have object called opportunity in saleforce ,when ever i insert a record or update record  from salesforce  it should be inserted/updated in MS SQL
if u give me an sample code that would more helpfull.

Thanks in advance

• February 27, 2014
Hi,

when iam approach to My ISV AE regarding Business Org(APO) for uploading my APP to AppExchange.

i got a reply from him as

"I manage ISV Partners in the Tri-state area. Are you looking to be in the program? Is your application an API-only or Managed Package"

im confuse with his reply so can any one make it clear and what is difference b/n  API-only or Managed Package?
Hi All,

I know that it's possible to call apex methods through the API or maybe something like that with executeAnonymous().
However, I am not really sure about that, so my question is if it's possible to call apex methods and get the result through the API or another way out salesforce?
If it's possible could you tell me how?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I have two objects A & B. I have 4 lookup fields on object A with object B. When I select lookup field value in first field; I want all the other 3 lookup fields to be autopopulated. (All the three are user fields on object B which are looked up in object A). How to accomplish this? Thanks in advance!
I am trying below code to get the element using elementId but alert message is showing null value. Can anyone please suggest why it is behaving like this :

<apex:page standardController="Account">
  <apex:form >
      <apex:inputField value="{!Account.name}" id="accName"/>
      <apex:commandButton value="Test" onclick="testFunction(); return false;"/>
  </apex:form>
  <script>
  function testFunction(){
      alert(document.getElementById('{!$Component.accName}'));
  }
  </script>
</apex:page>
I have inline editing enabled. It works from the default screen for my object that lists all of the records (members) in that custom object. In the screen shot below, if the user double clicks in the Do Not Engage field or in the Log DNE Call field (the two checkboxes), they are able to edit those values. 

User-added image

However, when a search is done in the global search box at the top to narrow down the records available, inline editing will not work for the returned record(s). That is, I cannot double click on either of the checkbox fields to change their value.

User-added image

Any idea if I can make inline editing work for the Record Results list? I posted this on the Salesforce Success Community and got the answer that it's not possible. However, I wanted to see if maybe there is a VF page or something I could create to make this possible. 
Hey guys,

I am in need of a trigger which will update my Account name based on the amount of contacts within the account. E.G. An account with ben and jane Samol would make the account name = Samol, Ben and Samol, Jane.

Any example code on how I may acheive this would be much appreciated. Or at the very least a point in the right direction.

Thank you so much for your help
The outbound message functionality is clean and does what we need it to do.  We like the session id feature and the response back. 

Can it be used through a button?  Ours fires from a workflow action.  The workflow fires when an object is saved.  Just want to invoke the outbound message without saving anything. 

Would like the functionaliy to work just like it does with a workflow but this time through a button. 

If APEX is necessary what is the syntax to call the outbound message?

Thanks.
Hi,

I'm new to this API calling etc. I want to retrieve Address and other company information based upon the Salesforce Account Name. The External API I'm using is Duedil which holds mainly UK Company information. Based upon simply the name of a company e.g.  where Account Name =  'Arjo Fine Paper'

for a URL button

http://api.duedil.com/open/search?q={!Account.Name}&api_key=MY_API_KEY (they're free upon request at the website)

the response is 

{"response":{"pagination":"http:\/\/api.duedil.com\/open\/search?query=Arjo+Fine+Paper&total_results=3&limit=5&last_result=1","data":[{"company_number":"00961440","locale":"United Kingdom","name":"Arjo Wiggins Fine Papers Limited","uri":"http:\/\/api.duedil.com\/open\/uk\/company\/00961440.json"},{"company_number":"01870033","locale":"United Kingdom","name":"Arjo Wiggins Fine Papers Export Limited","uri":"http:\/\/api.duedil.com\/open\/uk\/company\/01870033.json"},{"company_number":"00683415","locale":"United Kingdom","name":"Arjo Wiggins Fine Papers Holdings Limited","uri":"http:\/\/api.duedil.com\/open\/uk\/company\/00683415.json"}]}}

I would like to simply parse the results in this output in Bold to 

https://www.duedil.com/company/00961440

then the user can potentially determine is the name they entered a known UK company (according to Duedil at least).

BTW Duedil intend to cover other countries in future.

Hello Everyone,

When i hard code the values in JSON it works ,Now i need to get the JSON structure when the records is inserted ,the values are comming in apex call out call ,not assiging  to teh JSON
public class JSONParserUtil {

@future(callout=true)

public static void parseJSONResponse(String Acctname,String ids)
   // public static void parseJSONResponse()
     {      
        String AcctNameJson;
        system.debug('AccountName______________________________'+AcctName);
         system.debug('AccountName______________________________'+ids);
         String JSONContent = '{folionum: AcctName, acctids: ids}'; the values are not assiging here
        Http httpProtocol = new Http();
        // Create HTTP request to send.
        HttpRequest request = new HttpRequest();
        // Set the endpoint URL.
        String endpoint = 'http://sherlockhomes.cloudapp.net/api/values';
        request.setEndPoint(endpoint);
        request.setHeader('content-type', 'application/json; charset=utf-8');

request.setMethod('POST');
        //String strbody = '{folionum:AcctNameJson}';
       // var obj = {};

// String JSONContent = '{"folionum":Acctname,"acctids":ids}';
        system.debug('strbody ____________'+JSONContent);
        // String strbody = '{"folionum":48430721840}';
        request.setBody(JSONContent );
       // request.setBody(strbody);
        HttpResponse response = httpProtocol.send(request);
        String jsonInput = response.getBody();
        system.debug('===>'+jsonInput);
        System.debug('Respone_____________________'+response.getBody());
     }
}

But when i look at the Debug Log

9:54:30.042 (42485000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[9]|System.debug(ANY)
09:54:30.042 (42513000)|USER_DEBUG|[9]|DEBUG|AccountName______________________________48430721840
09:54:30.042 (42521000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[9]|System.debug(ANY)
09:54:30.042 (42532000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[10]|System.debug(ANY)
09:54:30.042 (42541000)|USER_DEBUG|[10]|DEBUG|AccountName______________________________001S000000fVl8DIAS
09:54:30.042 (42546000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[10]|System.debug(ANY)
strbody ____________{folionum: AcctName, acctids: ids}
The values are not populating here

Can anyone please help out
  • January 26, 2014
In Leads Page, I want to have  a Sales Score Text field (formula field ), which needs to be updated by first checking the campaign field is empty or not and has to update the Sales Score field based on other Campaign Score field (Number field).

Is this is possible with Formula fields, if so how ...

Please clarrify..
Is there a way I can have my customers update their own accunt details?

When a qote is accepted & we have a PO on the opportunity I'd like to send an email to a customer so they can update their own customer details.
I'm working in a free trial instance of the Service Cloud Console. I have created only one object and a few VF pages with very, very minimal stuff in them. As I'm a newbie, I'm trying to upload a css file (with almost nothing in it to start, being guided by this post http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Creating_Professional_PDF_Documents_with_CSS_and_Visualforce) as a static resource. I did that and added the reference to the style sheet in my VF page. Now when I try to use the Developer Console I get a REQUEST_LIMIT_EXCEEDED error saying "Could not open workspace: TotalRequests Limit exceeded." I can't imagine how I could possibly exceeding anything. It's a virutally empty environment, data and code-wise. 

Anyone have any tips? I can edit the VF page and Apex classes from within the Setup, but I'd like to use the Developer Console for ease of use. 

Any help that can be provided is most appreciated. 

I am  trying to generate class from following wsdl but it is reflecting error

" Unable to find complexType for {http://soap.sforce.com/schemas/class/CTSWebService}User "

part1:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--
 Web Services API : CTSWebService
-->
<definitions targetNamespace="http://soap.sforce.com/schemas/class/CTSWebService" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/" xmlns:tns="http://soap.sforce.com/schemas/class/CTSWebService">
 <types>
  <xsd:schema elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="http://soap.sforce.com/schemas/class/CTSWebService">
   <xsd:element name="DebuggingInfo">
    <xsd:complexType>
     <xsd:sequence>
      <xsd:element name="debugLog" type="xsd:string"/>
     </xsd:sequence>
    </xsd:complexType>
   </xsd:element>
   <xsd:simpleType name="ID">
    <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
     <xsd:length value="18"/>
     <xsd:pattern value="[a-zA-Z0-9]{18}"/>
    </xsd:restriction>
   </xsd:simpleType>
   <xsd:simpleType name="LogCategory">
     <xsd:enumeration value="Db"/>
     <xsd:enumeration value="Workflow"/>
     <xsd:enumeration value="Validation"/>
     <xsd:enumeration value="Callout"/>
     <xsd:enumeration value="Apex_code"/>
     <xsd:enumeration value="Apex_profiling"/>
     <xsd:enumeration value="Visualforce"/>
     <xsd:enumeration value="System"/>
     <xsd:enumeration value="All"/>
   <xsd:simpleType name="LogCategoryLevel">
     <xsd:enumeration value="Internal"/>
     <xsd:enumeration value="Finest"/>
     <xsd:enumeration value="Finer"/>
     <xsd:enumeration value="Fine"/>
     <xsd:enumeration value="Debug"/>
     <xsd:enumeration value="Info"/>
     <xsd:enumeration value="Warn"/>
     <xsd:enumeration value="Error"/>
   <xsd:complexType name="LogInfo">
    <xsd:sequence>
     <xsd:element name="category" type="tns:LogCategory"/>
     <xsd:element name="level" type="tns:LogCategoryLevel"/>
    </xsd:sequence>
   </xsd:complexType>
   <xsd:simpleType name="LogType">
     <xsd:enumeration value="None"/>
     <xsd:enumeration value="Debugonly"/>
     <xsd:enumeration value="Db"/>
     <xsd:enumeration value="Profiling"/>
     <xsd:enumeration value="Callout"/>
     <xsd:enumeration value="Detail"/>

Good day!

I would like to ask if there are any tools or techniques that i can use for comparing profile's 

field level security to all objects. or there's no available option but to compare it manually..

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Is there a way to create a custom Web To Lead Form using a custom object?

I am not talking about LEADS object.

We have a custom object called - Candidates. I want the data send from Web Form (Careers section) should be send directly into Candidates Custom object.

The Web Form, is PHP based.

What do I need to provide our PHP Developers, so they can program the Web form in such a way, that the data is send over to the Candidates object, instead of LEADS object?

thanks

I want to make a new sandbox ("SandboxB") which is a copy of an already existing sandbox ("SandboxA"). It looks like in order to do that I will have to first make the new sandbox a copy of Production and then change it to be a copy of SandboxA by deploying the entire environment of SandboxA to the new SandboxB. 

But this is a very inefficient way to do it. Since Prod and SandboxA are very different, making the deployments will be extremely tedious due to inevitable errors during the deploy process due to dependencies of new or deleted fields etc.

Is there any way to create a new Sandbox besides making it a copy of Production ?

If I cannot create a new Sandbox based on the design of an already existing one then I supposed an ideal scenario would be able to create a new Sandbox which is a bare-bones Salesforce environment with only Standard Objects and standard fields and no customization whatsoever. Then I could just deploy everything from the existing Sandbox into the blank one and have a copy of that already existing sandbox.

Does anybody know of a way to do what I would like to do ? 

Thank you for your input.

• November 21, 2013

Hi - I'm trying to create a formula to have the time the lead was created in a field. Any help would be appreciated

Thx

I have set one user for salesforce platform profile.

I cannot see product after login with this user.

So my question is salesforce platform profile cannot see product?

Hi

Based on account Record type or field type Accounts not visible in global search. for example if Account record type is "Lead Account" or field(check box) is true that records not visible in global search. if possible please guide me ?

Thanks
Gopikrishna
Hi,

this week i have refreshed my sandbox. The sandbox is on CS17, which has been upgraded to Spring '14 last week. The production org is on EU2, which is still on Winter '14. 

Now, in my sandbox, users are kicked out (redirected to the login page) after a few clicks. Support told me that a custom button is causing the problem, won't get more hints because i don't have premium support (i'm just a poor developer :))

I have the strong feeling that Spring '14 is somehow part of the cause.

Anyone?

Marco
  • April 10, 2014

Dear all,

I have been playing around and looking for a solution to my problem on these forums for quite a bit now without success (it is worth mentioning I am new to the developer side of SF). Here is what I am trying to accomplish:

Users in our system create a record project__c (master object). The trigger then is meant to create a record for Selling_Team__c (child), using the project owner (or the running user's ID if the first does not work) to populate "User__c" (look-up field). My problem is that I cannot get the ID into the child record without error - "INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE". I have tried several ways with map(), list(), etc. but have not yet managed to get this done. Without the ID insert for User__c, the trigger works fine (child record gets created with information for role__c).

Any help on this would be highly appreciated! (please see below for details of trigger)
Many thanks,

Daniel

-------
trigger CreateSellingTeam on ts2__Project_Job__c  (after insert)
{
//Creates set for Project records
   list<Selling_Team__c> STList = new list<Selling_Team__c>{};

//Loop for new record
  for (ts2__Project_Job__c Pro :trigger.new)
    {STList.add(new Selling_Team__c (
        Role__c = 'Lead CSP',
        User__c = UserInfo.getUserID()
    ));
    } {
    insert STList;
    try { insert STList; } catch (Exception Ex) { system.debug(Ex);
                                                }
                }
}

HI All

why we need to create partner portaluser,customer portal user in salesfoce insted  of creating  normal users how it defer from normal user login

please explore clearly,

Thanks,
Hareesh
  • April 07, 2014
how to solve this error:Collection size 1,247 exceeds maximum size of 1,000. here my requirments i want to display 3000 reocords in visualforce page but i am getting an error,, plz help me frds

<apex:page controller="wrapperController" sidebar="false" >

<apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock >
            <apex:pageBlockButtons >
                <apex:commandButton value="Show Selected Accounts" action="{!processSelected}" rerender="table2"/>
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>

<apex:pageblockSection title="All Accounts" collapsible="false" columns="2">

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!wrapAccountList}" var="accWrap" id="table" title="All Accounts">
                    <apex:column >
                        <apex:facet name="header">
                            <!--apex:inputCheckbox onclick="selectAllCheckboxes(this,'inputId')"/-->
                        </apex:facet>
                        <apex:inputCheckbox value="{!accWrap.selected}" id="inputId"/>
                    </apex:column>
                    <apex:column value="{!accWrap.acc.Name}" />

<apex:column value="{!accWrap.acc.Phone}" />
                </apex:pageBlockTable>

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!selectedAccounts}" var="c" id="table2" title="Selected Accounts">
                    <apex:column value="{!c.Name}" headerValue="Account Name"/>

<apex:column value="{!c.Phone}" headerValue="Phone"/>
                </apex:pageBlockTable>

</apex:pageblockSection>
        </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>

</apex:page>
====================================================================================================controller =========================

public class wrapperController{

//Our collection of the class/wrapper objects wrapAccount
    public List<wrapAccount> wrapAccountList {get; set;}
    public List<Account> selectedAccounts{get;set;}
    string currentrecordid= ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id');

public wrapperController()
    {
        if(wrapAccountList == null)
        {
            wrapAccountList = new List<wrapAccount>();
            LIST<Account> ac=new list<Account>();
            map<string,string> resultmap=new map<string,string>();

// integer countrecord=[select count() from account  ];
            system.debug('^^^^^^^^countrecord+countrecord');
            ac=[select Id, Name, Website, Phone from Account ];
            for(Account a: ac )
            {

wrapAccountList.add(new wrapAccount(a));

system.debug('$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4'+wrapaccountlist);
            }
        }
    }

public void processSelected()
    {
    selectedAccounts = new List<Account>();

for(wrapAccount wrapAccountObj : wrapAccountList)
        {
          system.debug('@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@222'+wrapAccountObj);
            if(wrapAccountObj.selected == true)
            {
                selectedAccounts.add(wrapAccountObj.acc);
            }
        }
    }

public class wrapAccount
    {
        public Account acc {get; set;}

public Boolean selected {get; set;}

public wrapAccount(Account a)
        {
           system.debug('##########'+a);
            acc = a;
            system.debug('*************acc'+acc);
            selected = false;
            system.debug('selectd'+selected);
        }
    }
}
=======================================================================================================================================================
hello,
I'm new in the force.com developement environement, but I'm a programmer already, anyways, my problem is not coding related, it is the very first step which is connecting a new project to the "www.salesforce.com" plateforme.
i have successfully installed the force.com plugin into the Eclipse IDE, but still when i want to create a new project and give my ID, Password, and Security Token, it tells me everytime that to check my creditentials, and to see and check my internet connection.
but actually my profile is the only profile for the moment as "System Administrator", and i'm sure that my internet connection works fine.
Does anyone have an idea of a solution or a hint i know i can develop with the only plateforme but i prefer to program on my computer (actually it is a macbook pro, but i doubt that it makes a difference).
Thanks to anyone who has any help, information that would help.
i can give a hand in C, java and some other programming languages in return.
Hi,

I have created a domain but it is showing default domain name as "bisp12-developer-edition.na15.force.com". Now i want to change it to let's say "mydomainname.com".  So is it possible to change the domain name. If yes then how?

Thanks
I just created a job and I'm trying to make it run automatically. It seems to be scheduled ok, but then the scheduled time comes and goes and the code never runs. The job stays in the Queued status.

The code makes a single SOAP call, then updates 3 accounts and 3 contacts. It works fine when I run it from the Execute Anonymous window.

Looks like it still fails if I remove the code from the execute() method.

Here is the Schedulable class:
global class SchedulableSyncSalesforceJob implements Schedulable {
global void execute(SchedulableContext SC) {
  SyncSalesforceJob j = new SyncSalesforceJob();
     j.run();
    }
}

Using this code to schedule the job:
SchedulableSyncSalesforceJob j = new SchedulableSyncSalesforceJob();
String sch = '00 00 * * * ?';
String jobID = system.schedule('SchedulableSyncSalesforceJob', sch, j);

I'm using a free developer account if that matters.

Thanks,
Sarel
I tried to create folder via apex code

code:

Folder fold=new Folder();
        fold.AccessType='Shared';
        fold.DeveloperName=UserInfo.getUserName();
        fold.AccessType='Shared';
        fold.Name='testfolder';
        fold.Type='Report';
        insert fold;

i got the error dml not allowed on folder.

I have picklist (status__c) in that selected & rejected options are there.If, iam selected status=selected then record will be save otherwise record is not save.
Hi

I need to retrieve all the metadata from an org. Currently i am not able to do so using the eclipse as it hangs up. Is there any other way we can achieve this?
HI,

Why My Developer Console showing like this, in my developer console i am not able to see the logs, what i want to do.User-added image
Recently It has been requested by my manager to begin handling all Salesforce development requests in order to not have to hire outside help from consultants, so he told me to begin doing research for some courses so I will be able to handle these requests more effectively.

I know this question is subjective and I would actually like to hear your experiences and opinions. It looks like I will primarily be working with more of the "back-end" aspect of Sales force and won't need to have a great deal of requests for Visual force yet. So as long as admins don't have an issue with subjective and opinionated answers, I would like to hear what you guys have to say.

So to sum it up, How do I get started?
I need some help with my workflow rule formula. Idea is when this Installation Completion date is once set and if someone changes the date after that I'll get an email alert that this field is updated.

Now I've made the email templates,alerts and started working on my workflow rule and this is what I've come up :

AND(ISCHANGED(Installation_Completion_Date__c))

and evaluation criteria is : Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and every time it’s edited

but I'm not sure how to put this part that alert goes off only when it has a date(old value) and the date changes(new value). Now whenever I put date to the field (even when I set the value for the first time) it sends me the email. 

• March 04, 2014
Hello All, I'm new to developing and was hoping I could get some assistance with this - or if it's even possible. I would like to auto generate an account number ONLY if it's opportunity is closed - won. Can this be done? Any help would be appreciated. Thx
Hi all, 

I have created one visualforce page. In that There is a picklist component with many values inside.
Now whenever i run that visualforce page on google chrome(Version 32.0.1700.76 m) at that time i
can't able to pull down the scroll bar using mouse first click. can you please help me over this?

Hi

LIST <contact> c=[select lastname,firstname,account.name,account.industry from contact where title='New Software'];
system.debug(c.account.name);
system.debug(c.account.industry);
system.debug('the lastname is '+c.lastname);

Initial term of field expression must be a concrete SObject: LIST?Means

Thanks Ramesh

• November 21, 2013