• 10 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi there, I'm hoping someone here can help understand why we are having trouble reading data from a master detail custom object.

We have a custom object that is a master detail relationship to the contact.  Upon fetching the custom object fields (custom_object__r) along with the Saleforce contact fields, Salesforce is returning back the following error:

Didn't understand relationship 'custom_object__r' in FROM part of query call. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

I looked around through other threads that mentioned I might need to replace custom_object__r with the ObjectID, however that doesn't change the error message returning back.  

Is there a proper way to return custom object data upon returning contact information?

Here is the query: 
SELECT Name, Account.Name, Title, Email, AccountId, Id, (SELECT custom_field__c FROM Custom_Object__r) FROM Contact WHERE Email = 'name@http://example.com'

Hi there, I'm hoping someone here can help understand why we are having trouble reading data from a master detail custom object.

We have a custom object that is a master detail relationship to the contact.  Upon fetching the custom object fields (custom_object__r) along with the Saleforce contact fields, Salesforce is returning back the following error:

Didn't understand relationship 'custom_object__r' in FROM part of query call. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

I looked around through other threads that mentioned I might need to replace custom_object__r with the ObjectID, however that doesn't change the error message returning back.   

Is there a proper way to return custom object data upon returning contact information?

Hi There, I created a trigger to execute on a lead when the Lead Status value is changed.  I am able to save the code below, however the task is not being created.  I hardcoded the ownerID for the task for this test.   If anyone knows what I am missing this would be greatly appreciated!

trigger createLeadActivity on Lead (after update) { 

//make a set to hold LeadIds that we need
    Set<Id> leadIds = new Set<Id>();

for(Lead l : trigger.new)
        {
        //check to see if our field has been changed
        if(l.status != trigger.oldMap.get(l.Id).Status){

leadIds.add(l.Id);

}

}

if(!leadIds.isEmpty()){

List<Lead> leadList = 
            [SELECT Id,Status
            FROM Lead
            WHERE Status = '4 - SAL Engaged' AND Id IN :leadIds ];

for(Lead lead: trigger.new){

Task newTask = new Task(Subject='LeadPassed',
Status='Not Started',Priority='Normal', OwnerId ='005E0000000QD4F');

}

}

}

Hi Everyone, I was hoping I could get some insights as to what might be wrong with my trigger.  I have the following trigger I would like to run when a lead status within the lead is changed to a particular value.  When the value is changed, I would like to create a new activity on the lead record.  

Here is my code below, and the error I get back is:

Error: Compile Error: No access to entity: Activity at line 1 column 1

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

//make a set to hold opportunity ids that we need

{

leadIds.add(l.Id);

}

}

if(!leadIds.isEmpty()){

List<Lead> leadList = 
            [SELECT Id,Status
            FROM Lead
            WHERE Status = '4 - SAL Engaged' AND Id IN :leadIds ];

for(Lead leadly: leadList){
        Lead led = new Activity();

Activity newActivity = new Activity(Subject='LeadPassed',OwnerId=leadMap.get( record.WhoId ).OwnerId,Status='Not Started',Priority='Normal',WhoId=leadMap.get( record.WhoId ).id);

ActList.add(newActivity);
        }

}

}

Hi there, I was hoping I would be able to get some guidance on the preferred solution to get this working in salesforce.

There is currenty a formula field in our opportunities that look at three fields to caculate whether an opportunity is active: 

AND( IsWon = True, Billing_Start_Date__c  <= TODAY(), Contract_End_Date__c  >= TODAY()).

The issue is that I plan on rolling up opportunities that are "active" on the account, however salesforce doesn't support filtering the opportunities for rollup using a formula field.

Looking at the conditions of when an opportunity is active, it seems either a workflow rule or apex trigger should be used to update the Active flag in the opportunity so that I could use it as a condition to rollup opps on the account.  However, this will need to trigger on a nighty basis and compare the opportunity date fields to today.  

Has anyone worked on a similar solution and would know whether the apex trigger should be appropriate for this solution?Or could I get this to work with time dependent workflow rules?  Any help is greaty appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve 

We have a custom object that is a master detail relationship to the contact.  Upon fetching the custom object fields (custom_object__r) along with the Saleforce contact fields, Salesforce is returning back the following error:

I looked around through other threads that mentioned I might need to replace custom_object__r with the ObjectID, however that doesn't change the error message returning back.   

Hi There, I created a trigger to execute on a lead when the Lead Status value is changed.  I am able to save the code below, however the task is not being created.  I hardcoded the ownerID for the task for this test.   If anyone knows what I am missing this would be greatly appreciated!

//make a set to hold LeadIds that we need

{

leadIds.add(l.Id);

}

}

if(!leadIds.isEmpty()){

List<Lead> leadList =