• 25 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I need help in retrieveng the user name from a public group in apex code.  This code retrieves the groups base on the group name:
List<Group> g = [SELECT (select userOrGroupId from groupMembers) FROM group WHERE Name =: districtApprovalGpName];

Now I am trying to get to the User Names in the groups.  I am able to get to the GroupId, Id, and UserOrGroupId but need to know how to use that information to get to the User Names in the group.  Any and all help is appreciated.

Hi,

I need help with an issue I am having with my VisualForce page.  When I display the Title as an inputText I am unable to get the data to refresh from the apex code.  The outputText works and changes when the data on the server side changes but for some reason the data in the inputText will not change.  Any and all help in this matter is appreciated.

Here is the VisualForce code:

<apex:outputText value="{!SELEMP.firstName}" />
<apex:outputText value="{!SELEMP.lastName}" />
<apex:inputText id="titleId" value="{!SELEMP.title}" />

Here is the apex code:

myEmployee = [SELECT e.id, e.Last_Name__c, e.First_Name__c,
e.Title__c, e.UP_Contact_Number__c,
e.Responsibility_Center__c FROM Employee__c e where Id =:theEmp Limit 1];
selemp = new objEmployee(
myEmployee.id, '', myEmployee.First_Name__c, myEmployee.Last_Name__c, myEmployee.Title__c,
myEmployee.UP_Contact_Number__c, myEmployee.Responsibility_Center__c,'','',
'', false);

Thanks,

Vibrate

• September 10, 2013

I am currently running this query which runs fine:

List<AggregateResult> lst =[select  Max(DistrictOneRecordCnt__c)maxvalue from Utility_Permit__c];

However, I want to refactor the code so that I can pass the "DistrictOneRecordCnt__c" field into the method that has this query and thereby make the method more generic.  Any and all help in this matter is appreciated.

Thanks,

Vibrate 

Hi,

I need help getting the text to wrap in an "apex:outputField".  The code below is not working.  Any help will be appreciated.

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Work Details:" columns="2" >
<apex:outputField value="{!Car_Permit__c.Description_of_Work__c}" label="Description of Work :" style="width:40%;"/>
</apex:pageBlockSection>

Thanks,

Vibrate

Hi,

I have a related list with a "new" button that currently takes the user to a custom VisualForce page when the button is clicked.  The user now wants me to perform a validation to determine if they should be taken to the custom VisualForce page or an error message should be displayed.  Any and all help with this issue is appreciated.

Thanks,

Vibrate

Hi,

I am trying to enable text wrapping in the following code .  Any and all help is appreciated.  I have tried:

overflow: hidden

word-wrap:break-word

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!WrapSPConditionList}" var="u" style="width:900px;">
 <apex:column >
         <apex:inputCheckbox value="{!u.isSelected}" disabled="false"/>
        </apex:column>
        <apex:column style="width:100%">
                <apex:inputText value="{!u.ConditionText}" style="word:wrap:break-word; width: 100%"  />               
</apex:pageBlockTable>

Thanks,

Vibrate

Hi,

I have an object that has a Master-Detail relation with one object and a lookup relation with another object (like a join table).  Now when I add a new record all objects are updated correctly.  That is the detail record of the master-detail relation is created, the record id of the detail record is stored in the join object, the lookup record is created and the record id of the lookup record is stored in the join object.  However, when I try to add new lookup records to the join object like thru a upsert the systm will not stored record ids for the lookup records in the join object.  I guess my question is; Is there a way to get SalesForce to automatically  store record ids for lookup records in the base object when you do an upsert?

Thanks,

Vibrate 

Here is the code that works well but output one line per row.  The new requirement is to output a blank row after each data row.  Any and all help is appreciated.

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!sc}" var="u" style="width:100%">
                        <apex:image id="theImage" value="/img/checkbox_checked.gif" width="15" height="15"/>        
                        <apex:outputText value="{!u.stringConditionsText}" style="width:100%"/>

Hi,

I need help with an issue I am having with my VisualForce page.  When I display the Title as an inputText I am unable to get the data to refresh from the apex code.  The outputText works and changes when the data on the server side changes but for some reason the data in the inputText will not change.  Any and all help in this matter is appreciated.

Here is the VisualForce code:

<apex:outputText value="{!SELEMP.firstName}" />
<apex:outputText value="{!SELEMP.lastName}" />
<apex:inputText id="titleId" value="{!SELEMP.title}" />

Here is the apex code:

myEmployee = [SELECT e.id, e.Last_Name__c, e.First_Name__c,
e.Title__c, e.UP_Contact_Number__c,
e.Responsibility_Center__c FROM Employee__c e where Id =:theEmp Limit 1];
selemp = new objEmployee(
myEmployee.id, '', myEmployee.First_Name__c, myEmployee.Last_Name__c, myEmployee.Title__c,
myEmployee.UP_Contact_Number__c, myEmployee.Responsibility_Center__c,'','',
'', false);

Thanks,

Vibrate

• September 10, 2013

Hi,

I need help getting the text to wrap in an "apex:outputField".  The code below is not working.  Any help will be appreciated.

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Work Details:" columns="2" >
<apex:outputField value="{!Car_Permit__c.Description_of_Work__c}" label="Description of Work :" style="width:40%;"/>
</apex:pageBlockSection>

Thanks,

Vibrate

Hi,

I have a related list with a "new" button that currently takes the user to a custom VisualForce page when the button is clicked.  The user now wants me to perform a validation to determine if they should be taken to the custom VisualForce page or an error message should be displayed.  Any and all help with this issue is appreciated.

Thanks,

Vibrate

Hi,

I am trying to enable text wrapping in the following code .  Any and all help is appreciated.  I have tried:

overflow: hidden

word-wrap:break-word

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!WrapSPConditionList}" var="u" style="width:900px;">
         <apex:inputCheckbox value="{!u.isSelected}" disabled="false"/>
                <apex:inputText value="{!u.ConditionText}" style="word:wrap:break-word; width: 100%"  />               

Thanks,

Vibrate

Hi,

I have an object that has a Master-Detail relation with one object and a lookup relation with another object (like a join table).  Now when I add a new record all objects are updated correctly.  That is the detail record of the master-detail relation is created, the record id of the detail record is stored in the join object, the lookup record is created and the record id of the lookup record is stored in the join object.  However, when I try to add new lookup records to the join object like thru a upsert the systm will not stored record ids for the lookup records in the join object.  I guess my question is; Is there a way to get SalesForce to automatically  store record ids for lookup records in the base object when you do an upsert?

Thanks,

Vibrate 

Here is the code that works well but output one line per row.  The new requirement is to output a blank row after each data row.  Any and all help is appreciated.

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!sc}" var="u" style="width:100%">
                        <apex:image id="theImage" value="/img/checkbox_checked.gif" width="15" height="15"/>        
                        <apex:outputText value="{!u.stringConditionsText}" style="width:100%"/>