• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

New to Unit Testing....

When running this statement using Eclipse Force IDE, I get no results when running Test for a test class, but get correct results when using Execute Anonymous:

Integer startCountFeedPosts =[Select count() From CollaborationGroupFeed where parentId in (select id from CollaborationGroup where name='All Mamotek Solutions')];

Thank you.

Frank

Hi,

I'm a little confused about this question because I got different answers from different sources.

At a recent SF event, I asked the instructor if we could grandfather M-D relationships. What I meant was that a child can be a master of another object.

The answer was yes, with limiting factors on Roll-Up Summanries.

However, I tried this by creating a new object and then trying to  use it as a child of an object that already was a child of another, and the option is grayed out.

Also, in Jason Ouellette's excellent book "Development with the Force.com Platform", on page 41 paragraph 3:

"Up to four nested levels of Master-Detail relationships can be created, counting from the master object to the most deeply nested child object".

What's the deal?

Thank you in advance..

Frank Mamone

Certified Developer SP 13

New to Unit Testing....

When running this statement using Eclipse Force IDE, I get no results when running Test for a test class, but get correct results when using Execute Anonymous:

Integer startCountFeedPosts =[Select count() From CollaborationGroupFeed where parentId in (select id from CollaborationGroup where name='All Mamotek Solutions')];

Thank you.

Frank

Hi,

I'm a little confused about this question because I got different answers from different sources.

At a recent SF event, I asked the instructor if we could grandfather M-D relationships. What I meant was that a child can be a master of another object.

The answer was yes, with limiting factors on Roll-Up Summanries.

However, I tried this by creating a new object and then trying to  use it as a child of an object that already was a child of another, and the option is grayed out.

Also, in Jason Ouellette's excellent book "Development with the Force.com Platform", on page 41 paragraph 3:

"Up to four nested levels of Master-Detail relationships can be created, counting from the master object to the most deeply nested child object".

What's the deal?

Thank you in advance..

Frank Mamone

Certified Developer SP 13