• 10 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
How can I add a short URL to an article instead of the long URL? Is it possible to generate this short URL with a short of auto-number or code that identifies the article and its group category?

For example, www.oursite.com/electronics/this-is-a-new-product should be something like www.oursite.come/E0001 where E stands for the group category 
Electronics and 0001 is the first article created within this group.

Thanks!
  • January 27, 2014
I have an custome Invoice object with a lookup relationship to Accounts.

I'm trying to query the data base to get the total number of invoices of the accounts where Connection_Date__c has a value (Connection_Date__c is a custom field of Accounts object)

How can I do this? The query I'm using gives me only the number of accounts but not the number of invoices.

SELECT Name,(SELECT name FROM Invoices__r) FROM Account WHERE Connection_Date__c != null
  • January 22, 2014
I'm trying to install knowledge base PKB3 but first I have to remove PKB2 from my environment. 

I can't remove PKB2 because some of the components are referenced somewhere else like in Static Resources or Visualforce Pages.

How can update my knowledge base without losing the customization we have done to it? Can I update from PKB2 to PKB3 and keep the development done?

Thanks!
  • January 18, 2014
I'm trying to install knowledge base PKB3 but first I have to remove PKB2 from my environment. 

I can't remove PKB2 because some of the components are referenced somewhere else like in Static Resources or Visualforce Pages.

How can update my knowledge base without losing the customization we have done to it? Can I update from PKB2 to PKB3 and keep the development done?

Thanks!
  • January 18, 2014
I generated a WSDL Enterprise in Sandbox (Unlimited Edition) to connect with another system.

Do I need to create an username and password to allow the other system to connect with Salesforce using the WSDL?

thanks
  • January 14, 2014

I'm using function bodyOnLoad() to load a custom visualforce page subtab in a page each time the page is loaded. What happened is that if the user is in another subtab and performs a DML operations, let's say, save a record, the entire page is loaded and consequetnly the subtab with the bodyOnLoad() function. The user will be redirected automatically from the subtab he is seeing the the custom visualforce page subtab.

I just need the custom page to be loaded once, when the user loads the page for the first time, and not each time the page is loaded.  

Is there a way or another fucntion that loads the subtab only once when you open it for the first time?

Thanks!

• November 21, 2013

I need to create a flag to identify when the permanent address is different from the temporary address.

I would appreciate if someone can explain me what this flag is. I understand is a Boolean operation insert in the Apex code but not sure how to do it or

how it works.

Thanks!

• November 14, 2013

I'm trying to generate Apex code from a WSDL and getting this error in Development environment: (I deleted the url)

Error: Failed to parse wsdl: Found schema import from location https://         External schema import not supported

I compare the WSDL I have in Dev with the one we are currently using in Production and they are the same.

I would appreciate any comment/suggestion why this is not working, thank you!!!

• November 12, 2013

I need to export reports from Salesforce into PDF or a non-editable format to be sent daily to people who are not users of Salesforce.

How can I achieve that and automatize the process of extracting the reports and send them to the recipients? I would like to keep the formatting as we see it in Salesforce reports.

Thanks!

• November 11, 2013

how can I import tags to a custom object using dataloader? The records in the custom object have no tags.

Maybe can I import the records and tags at the same time?

Thank you!

• November 05, 2013
I have a picklist list with the following values: YES, NO, MAYBE. I have another formula field that calculates the value of YES, NO, and MAYBE by assigning to each of them a particular score: YES = 10, NO = 0, MAYBE = BLANK.

When I add this field to a report the records with any of the three values shows the number of points, that is, 10 or 0 or BLANK, and calculates the average result based on the different scores.

I need to show on the reports only the records scoring YES or NO and remove MAYBE. Then the average would be calculated based on the total number of YES and NO instead of the total number of YES, NO, and MAYBE.

How can I do this? Thank you!!
  • November 04, 2013

I have a section with a Visualforce page in Case detail page. The Visualforce page shows a long text or a short sentence depending on some values selected when creating a case.

Is it possible to show the long text with the section open and then to have the section collapsed when the short sentence is displayed?

Thank you

• October 30, 2013

does SFDC storage old status values of a Lead and of a custom field? If so, how can I find them? I need to query them.

I have a custom date/time field in the Lead object. Let's say user enters 7/8/2013 6pm CST but the value is storage in the database in GMT = 7/8/2013 11pm GMT. (Salesforce storage all date/time values in GMT time by default).

I created a HTML table in Visualforce with a custom controller that pull date/time values from the Lead object and display them in GMT (7/8/2013 11pm GMT) while in the detail page of the Lead object date/time values are showed in the time the user entered it (7/8/2013 6pm CST).

How can I display the date/time values in the Visualforce page as they are showed in the detail page of the Lead object, that is, 7/8/2013 6pm CST instead of GMT?

Thank you!

Can I filter the data displayed in a HTML table in a visualforce page by using a lookup field or a picklist field? My idea is to embedded a lookup field or a picklist field in the Visualforce page so the data displayed would be filter by the value previously selected.

I have a HTML table in a visualforce page with a custom controller that is fetch with data from the Lead object. I would like to filter the data using two filters The second filter values are dependent of the value previously selected in the first filter. How can I do that? Any sample code would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

I'm trying to render a HTML table in a Visualvorce page as PDF and I'm having the following issues:

1. I used the CSS below to display the page in landscape but it doesn't work.
<style >
    @page { 
        size:landscape;
   }
 </style>

2. When rendering the VF page as PDF, the table is displayed without the colors I added using CSS.

3.How can I create a button that shows the VF page ready to be printed out?

Thank you very much!

I'm using a a HTML table with a <apex:outputText> component to display values from the Lead object. The custom controller retunr som values as ID unique identifier What can I do if I want to pull the actual value on that field?

I need to alternate row colors in a particular way:

The headers is in one color (let's say yellow).

The first, second row (which is actually splitted in two rows at some point) and the third row is in one color (blue)

The fourth, fith (which again splits in two rows at some point) and sixth row should be in a differnet color. (red)

And from here it repeats alternativately. How can I do this? I would appreciate any sample code. Thank you very much!

I have used paneldgrid to create a table with VF where field values are fetch from the Lead object.

How can I create a custom controller to query the data base and bring field values from the Lead object that will populate the grid cells?

I need to iterate over the Lead object so is it the best way to do this by using a repeat component? (I want to bring the corresponding field values to Status, Name, Phone, and Coments Line 1)

If anyone can help with some code I would really appreciate it!! thanks!!

Here it's the VF code I have so far:

<apex:page StandardController="Lead">

<style>
.colClass{
width:60%;
padding: 5px;
}
.myHeader {
background: #cecece;
font-weight: bold;
}
</style>

<!-- Report Title - Date-->
<apex:panelGrid width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" rules="all">
<apex:outputText value="Title- Date"/>
</apex:panelGrid>

<!-- The table-->
<apex:panelGrid columns="2" width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" rules="all">

<!-- Status column -->
<apex:outputPanel style="padding:5px;" layout="block" styleClass="myHeader">
<apex:outputText value="Status"/>
</apex:outputPanel>

<!-- Name - Phone column-->
<apex:outputPanel style="padding:5px;" layout="block" styleClass="myHeader">
<apex:outputText value="Name - Phone"/>

<!-- Status field value -->
<apex:outputPanel style="padding:5px;" layout="block">
<apex:outputText value="{!lead.status}"/>

<!-- Name - Phone field value-->
<apex:outputPanel style="padding:5px;" layout="block">
<apex:panelGrid width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" rules="all">
<apex:outputText value="{!lead.name}"/>
<apex:outputText value="{!lead.phone}"/>

<!-- Comments Lines 1-->

<apex:outputText value="Comments Line 1"/>

</apex:page>

how can I import tags to a custom object using dataloader? The records in the custom object have no tags.

Maybe can I import the records and tags at the same time?

Thank you!

• November 05, 2013
How can I add a short URL to an article instead of the long URL? Is it possible to generate this short URL with a short of auto-number or code that identifies the article and its group category?

For example, www.oursite.com/electronics/this-is-a-new-product should be something like www.oursite.come/E0001 where E stands for the group category 
Electronics and 0001 is the first article created within this group.

Thanks!
  • January 27, 2014

I'm using function bodyOnLoad() to load a custom visualforce page subtab in a page each time the page is loaded. What happened is that if the user is in another subtab and performs a DML operations, let's say, save a record, the entire page is loaded and consequetnly the subtab with the bodyOnLoad() function. The user will be redirected automatically from the subtab he is seeing the the custom visualforce page subtab.

I just need the custom page to be loaded once, when the user loads the page for the first time, and not each time the page is loaded.  

Is there a way or another fucntion that loads the subtab only once when you open it for the first time?

Thanks!

• November 21, 2013

I need to create a flag to identify when the permanent address is different from the temporary address.

I would appreciate if someone can explain me what this flag is. I understand is a Boolean operation insert in the Apex code but not sure how to do it or

how it works.

Thanks!

• November 14, 2013

does SFDC storage old status values of a Lead and of a custom field? If so, how can I find them? I need to query them.

I have a custom date/time field in the Lead object. Let's say user enters 7/8/2013 6pm CST but the value is storage in the database in GMT = 7/8/2013 11pm GMT. (Salesforce storage all date/time values in GMT time by default).

I created a HTML table in Visualforce with a custom controller that pull date/time values from the Lead object and display them in GMT (7/8/2013 11pm GMT) while in the detail page of the Lead object date/time values are showed in the time the user entered it (7/8/2013 6pm CST).

How can I display the date/time values in the Visualforce page as they are showed in the detail page of the Lead object, that is, 7/8/2013 6pm CST instead of GMT?

Thank you!

Can I filter the data displayed in a HTML table in a visualforce page by using a lookup field or a picklist field? My idea is to embedded a lookup field or a picklist field in the Visualforce page so the data displayed would be filter by the value previously selected.

I'm trying to render a HTML table in a Visualvorce page as PDF and I'm having the following issues:

1. I used the CSS below to display the page in landscape but it doesn't work.
<style >
    @page { 
        size:landscape;
   }
 </style>

2. When rendering the VF page as PDF, the table is displayed without the colors I added using CSS.

3.How can I create a button that shows the VF page ready to be printed out?

Thank you very much!

I need to alternate row colors in a particular way:

The headers is in one color (let's say yellow).

The first, second row (which is actually splitted in two rows at some point) and the third row is in one color (blue)

The fourth, fith (which again splits in two rows at some point) and sixth row should be in a differnet color. (red)

And from here it repeats alternativately. How can I do this? I would appreciate any sample code. Thank you very much!