• 15 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am using Rich text field to store long description. The view I am getting in org is totally different from what I am getting in community VF page.

I am using code line to show Rich text description.

Org Rich text view:
  • Brand Finance's services support a variety of business needs:
  • Technical valuations for accounting, tax and legal purposes Valuations in support of commercial transactions (acquisitions, divestments, licensing and joint ventures) involving different forms of intellectual property Valuations as part of a wider mandate to deliver value-based marketing strategy and tracking, thereby bridging the gap between marketing and finance.

Visual Force View:

Brand Finance's services support a variety of business needs:
Technical valuations for accounting, tax and legal purposes Valuations in support of commercial transactions (acquisitions, divestments, licensing and joint ventures) involving different forms of intellectual property Valuations as part of a wider mandate to deliver value-based marketing strategy and tracking, thereby bridging the gap between marketing and finance.

Please suggest what I have to do to get the same Rich text view in Visual force page.
I created a community with default login page. In the login page right side its showing "xxxxxxxx employee? Log in here". How I can remove this text and put some image in that part. I don't want to change the header image for login page.User-added image
I am trying to use "upload a new version" functionality for files in chatter through Connect API in my VF page.I am not getting any proper solution to implement it.

Please suggest how I can do it through Connect API or APEX Rest call

Thanks
Arabinda
Hi,
I am getting Workbench option in my Community Chatter page in production org. Please suggest how I can remove 'Workbench' option from my Chatter UI page (/_ui/core/chatter/ui/ChatterPage).

User-added image

I am trying to add multiple Topic for a chatter post through APEX code. I am trying to give topics as comma separated value (Test1,Test2,Test3).

But when I check in chatter post its coming as a single topic . I cannot select only Test1 or Test2 or Test3 .When clicking the Topic its showing as a single string.

Please suggest some work around for this problem through APEX code.

Thanks
Arabinda
Hi,
I am trying to upload Chatter profile photo from site.I have gone through below URL.But still I am not getting how to achieve this.
Please provide some code snippet or suggestions how to achieve this.

https://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_ConnectAPI_ChatterUsers_static_methods.htm

Thanks
Arabinda
Hi ,
I am trying to show some notification for unread private message in a VF page of Community Site.
In standard chatter page it used to notify the number of unread mails side by Messages link.

I did some search regarding this but didn't get clear idea how to achieve this.
Please suggest some ideas how I can know that a user has some unread private messages or how I can show similar functionality as of standard chatter page in VF page.

Thanks
Arabinda
Hi,
I am trying to implement Chatter Private Message functionality in a Community Site. For this I am using resource " ../chatter/users/me/messages/.." .
I want to send the message to a particular user ID but whats happening is ,its always sending the message & mail to org Admin's chatter feed and email Id.

Please suggest some idea so that I can implement the standard behavior of sending private message to a particular user ID from the logged-in user ID.

My End URL:- SERVER_URL+'/services/data/v29.0/connect/communities/'+communityId+'/chatter/users/me/messages?recipients=recipientID&text=Are we ready for next week customer meeting'

Using Site:- http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/chatterapi/Content/connect_resources_how_to.htm#cc_send_message

Thanks
Arabinda

Hi Folks,
In sites, I want to display the total count of records based on different conditions.
This will return count more than 4 million records of data. I am using query more api to get the count of records.
It is bypassing the query limit. But this is working fine inside salesforce org.
When I run the same page from sites, it is taking too much of time and resulting 'Down For Manintenance' issue.
Please give a work around to complete the same or to optimize the query. Below shows you the sample query,

Please advice on this.I attached a sample query below.

select count(ID),COUNT_DISTINCT(account.id) from Contact  where (Account.Region__c IN:SelectedRegions )  and (Account.addr_Country__c IN:Selectedcountries)  and  (Account.Primary_Industry_2_digit__c IN:Selected2DigitPrimarySIC )  and  (Account.Primary_Industry_4digit__c IN:Selected4DigitPrimarySIC)  and  (Account.Revenue_Band__c IN:SelectedRevenueBand)  and  (Account.Employee_Band__c IN:SelectedEmployeeBand)  and  (Contact.Department__c IN:SelectedDepartments)  and  (Contact.Job_Function__c IN:SelectedFunctions)  and  (Contact.Seniority_Level__c IN:SelectedReportLevel)

Thanks in Advance
Regards
Arabinda

Hi  All,

I am trying to test DataBase.com  and Java integartion through REST api.

I refer the link  " http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/dbcom_api_rest/ " for the sample application.

While trying the same in local , its giving the below error.

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request [Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 11:32:58 GMT, Pragma: no-cache, Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, Content-Type: application/json;charset=UTF-8, Transfer-Encoding: chunked]  An error has occured.

[Error code 400 :The request couldn’t be understood, usually because the JSON or XML body contains an error.]

I am not able to get why this error is coming and  also search about this over net but no solution for this problem.

Please  help to find out the issue .

Thanks

Arabinda

Hi ,
I am trying to show some notification for unread private message in a VF page of Community Site.
In standard chatter page it used to notify the number of unread mails side by Messages link.

Please suggest some ideas how I can know that a user has some unread private messages or how I can show similar functionality as of standard chatter page in VF page.

Thanks
Arabinda
I am trying to add multiple Topic for a chatter post through APEX code. I am trying to give topics as comma separated value (Test1,Test2,Test3).

But when I check in chatter post its coming as a single topic . I cannot select only Test1 or Test2 or Test3 .When clicking the Topic its showing as a single string.

Please suggest some work around for this problem through APEX code.

Thanks
Arabinda
Hi ,

Thanks
Arabinda
Hi All,

We are having out of the box feature to upload chatter profile picture.
I am having a requirement, where the user will be allowed to upload the profile pic using visualforce page.

But dont know how to proceed.
Could you guys help me with this?

Thanks,

Hi  All,

I am trying to test DataBase.com  and Java integartion through REST api.

I refer the link  " http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/dbcom_api_rest/ " for the sample application.

While trying the same in local , its giving the below error.

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request [Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 11:32:58 GMT, Pragma: no-cache, Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, Content-Type: application/json;charset=UTF-8, Transfer-Encoding: chunked]  An error has occured.

[Error code 400 :The request couldn’t be understood, usually because the JSON or XML body contains an error.]

I am not able to get why this error is coming and  also search about this over net but no solution for this problem.

Please  help to find out the issue .

Thanks

Arabinda