• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,
Hoping I can get some help please.
I have a picklist field on Account that I need to copy into a field of the same name (which is also a picklist) on a Case.
So, when a case is created, I need to check the Production_Platform__c field on the Account record that the Case is for and populate the Production_Platform__c field on the case with the same value.
I know I could easily do it with either a formula field or a workflow rule if I could use text in the field, but it needs to be a picklist on the Case to drive a dependent picklist that's relying on it.
So, I think what I need is a trigger - but I don't know Apex and therefore my cry for help!
Thanks,
Keri-An
Hi all,
Hoping I can beg some help again with another trigger.  I need to update a list of custom objects (Contract Lines) when a contract is activated.
Appreciate any help I can get.
Keri-An
Hi all,

Wondering if you can help please...  I need to update a custom field "Contract_end_date__c" on my Account record when a Contract is Activated.

Although it seems this -should- be able to be done either by adding a formula field, roll-up summary field or a workflow - it doesn't seem that the Account/Contract Master/Detail relationship works in the same way that many of the others do and therefore there doesn't seem to be a way to do this without code.

I'm not a developer, and would really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
Keri-An
Hi all,
Hoping I can get some help please.
I have a picklist field on Account that I need to copy into a field of the same name (which is also a picklist) on a Case.
So, when a case is created, I need to check the Production_Platform__c field on the Account record that the Case is for and populate the Production_Platform__c field on the case with the same value.
I know I could easily do it with either a formula field or a workflow rule if I could use text in the field, but it needs to be a picklist on the Case to drive a dependent picklist that's relying on it.
So, I think what I need is a trigger - but I don't know Apex and therefore my cry for help!
Thanks,
Keri-An
Hi all,
Hoping I can beg some help again with another trigger.  I need to update a list of custom objects (Contract Lines) when a contract is activated.
Appreciate any help I can get.
Keri-An
Hi all,

Wondering if you can help please...  I need to update a custom field "Contract_end_date__c" on my Account record when a Contract is Activated.

Although it seems this -should- be able to be done either by adding a formula field, roll-up summary field or a workflow - it doesn't seem that the Account/Contract Master/Detail relationship works in the same way that many of the others do and therefore there doesn't seem to be a way to do this without code.

I'm not a developer, and would really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
Keri-An

Does anyone know why an email alert triggered from a workflow would not be creating the associated activity history? Emails sent through the interface, through Apex, and through the API are all logged in activity history (when the appropriate information is set). The email alert is set to be sent to the Contact Email (standard) field.

Thanks!