• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi ,
I want to write the validation rules on cstom object.I am atoring some configuration values in customsettings. NowIwanttowritetherulesayingthat 'customobject__c.period__c=$Setup.customsettings__c.period__c'. But it is giving the syntax error. Can we refer the custom setings values inside the validation rules?If not what are the alternatives we have.
Can someone please help me to solve this issue.

thanks,
Arun.

Hi ,
I want to write the validation rules on cstom object.I am atoring some configuration values in customsettings. NowIwanttowritetherulesayingthat 'customobject__c.period__c=$Setup.customsettings__c.period__c'. But it is giving the syntax error. Can we refer the custom setings values inside the validation rules?If not what are the alternatives we have.
Can someone please help me to solve this issue.

thanks,
Arun.

Hi,

I have Custom visualforce page which has two inputFields along with a button as Save.I have written some validation rules, which are working fine and it is getting displayed on the top of page. But the thing is though I entered the correct values and click on save button the eror messages are still appearing and not allowing to save the values. Please can someone help me in finding a solution.

Thanks,

Arun.

Hi,

I have Custom visualforce page which has two inputFields along with a button as Save.I have written some validation rules, which are working fine and it is getting displayed on the top of page. But the thing is though I entered the correct values and click on save button the eror messages are still appearing and not allowing to save the values. Please can someone help me in finding a solution. 

Thanks,

Arun.

Hi all,
I am having two custom objects which is named as custom_object1__c,custom_object2__c.I want to write the validation rule on custom_object1__c saying that "custom_object1__c.transactiondate should be always greater than custom_object2__c.somedate".

I have written the validation rule like this.
transactiondate__c < custom_object2__c.somedate__c

I am getting the following error.
Error: Syntax error. Found 'custom_object2__c'

how can i write the rule for this scenario.
please help me to solve this.

thanks,
Arun.

Hi all,

I am having two custom objects which is named as custom_object1__c,custom_object2__c.Now i want to write the validation rule on custom_object1__c saying that "custom_object1__c.transactiondate  should be always greater than custom_object2__c.somedate".

transactiondate__c < custom_object2__c.somedate__c

thanks,

Arun.

Hi all,
I am having two custom objects which is named as custom_object1__c,custom_object2__c.I want to write the validation rule on custom_object1__c saying that "custom_object1__c.transactiondate should be always greater than custom_object2__c.somedate".

transactiondate__c < custom_object2__c.somedate__c

thanks,
Arun.

Hi all,

I am having two custom objects which is named as custom_object1__c,custom_object2__c.Now i want to write the validation rule on custom_object1__c saying that "custom_object1__c.transactiondate  should be always greater than custom_object2__c.somedate".

transactiondate__c < custom_object2__c.somedate__c

thanks,

Arun.