• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

How do I pull list of all custom fields created by a particular user?

Thanks!
  • July 15, 2014
Hi,

I updated 300k records using dataloader bulk API. It couldn't retreive me success and error files in the csv file. From the Bulk Data Load job monitring section, I came to know that there were 1000 errors. How can I download these 1000 errros in a csv file?

Please help!
  • June 24, 2014
One of our users is trying to search for a contact and when he enter the contact name in global search bar and click on search button, it shows only account records in the result but not all other objects. he do have access to all other objects. When he clicks on "Search All" button then it displays all other object records.

Why this happens?

When I and other users search, search page shows all objects at the first time itself.

Do we have any seetings or this particular user?

Please help!
  • June 10, 2014
I need to upload activities into CRM. But when I upload using dataloader,how would I disable task reminders?

When I create tasks and login to CRM, I get reminder pop up window on my screen. But I donot want to receive any reminders for the tasks records I upload.

I have thousands of records and I hate to see all the reminder pop up windows.

Is there any way we can disable for just that particular upload? I would like to enable it for all other direct entries through page layout.
  • May 19, 2014
When does the open activity becomes an history?

I know when the task is completed, task will be in history. Besides that, is there any other criteria that pushes open activites to history?
  • May 07, 2014
Create a report of all contacts who has an opportunity with cummulative amount of 1000 or more in FY13.
We don't have a field that calculates cummulative amount on contact. Is there any other way I can pull this data without having a trigger created to populate cummulative amount for each FY?
  • May 05, 2014
How do I get the list of objects that have formula fields?
  • May 01, 2014
When a record is modified, I would like to know which field has been modified? I have a custom field and would like to know if users are updating that particular field on contact object.

I see that there is contact history but this contact history is not tracking the field information I am looking for. Is there any other way to track the info I am looking for?

Another question: Can we run an export on contact history?

I appreciate your help!
  • March 26, 2014
We have Email to Case, When ever a case is created I am the default owner of the case. Now, we would like to change the default owner to some other user. How would I do this? We donot have any assignment rules on this. Where else I can check for the settings?

Please help!
  • February 20, 2014
Hi,

Our user is trying to create a new list view on a custom object. The user cannot see a field in the available options when filtering.
Where do I need to check for the permissions?

The user has read/edit permissions on that particular field.
  • January 27, 2014
Hi,

I am a system admin. How can I give delete access in reports to our user? The report was created by the user and is in user's "Personal reports" folder. 

Thank you in advance!
  • January 26, 2014

Can anyone help me in undersatnding difference between tasks and activities?

• December 16, 2013

Hi,

Email to case is not working properly. What would be the resons? When I get an email, it doesnot create any case in salesforce. Can you please help me in this?

Thnak you so much in advance!

• December 06, 2013

Hi,

One of our users have access to report folder but when he tries to open a report it throws an error: "insufficient privileges.You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary"

what could be the reason?

Report: pulls all the active users information( name, email etc).

• December 02, 2013

How I can pull all contacts that donot have an opportunity record?

There is alook up relation between contact and opportunity.

• November 19, 2013
Hi,

Report: Pull all contacts that have field1value="Member" and field2value="Donor".

fieldvalue1 is  from contact level
fieldvalue2 is from interest level ( Interest is child obj for contact)

Issue: All the contacts records with matching conditions are not pulled in the report for some reason.

Do you have an idea why the records are not pullin in the report?

• November 19, 2013

Hi,

I would like to extract the records that are created in this week . Can we do this without hardcoding the dates? 

We have an option in Reports, but other than reports can we extract weekly data?

Select Id from Contact where created date = this week???

Thanks

• November 05, 2013

Hi,

Can someone help me in understanding this report type.

A

---with atleast one record in B

----with atleast one record in C.

Which join happens first? A join B or B join C?

Please help!

• November 05, 2013
One of our users is trying to search for a contact and when he enter the contact name in global search bar and click on search button, it shows only account records in the result but not all other objects. he do have access to all other objects. When he clicks on "Search All" button then it displays all other object records.

Why this happens?

When I and other users search, search page shows all objects at the first time itself.

Do we have any seetings or this particular user?

Please help!
  • June 10, 2014
Create a report of all contacts who has an opportunity with cummulative amount of 1000 or more in FY13.
We don't have a field that calculates cummulative amount on contact. Is there any other way I can pull this data without having a trigger created to populate cummulative amount for each FY?
  • May 05, 2014
We have Email to Case, When ever a case is created I am the default owner of the case. Now, we would like to change the default owner to some other user. How would I do this? We donot have any assignment rules on this. Where else I can check for the settings?

Please help!
  • February 20, 2014
Hi,

Report: Pull all contacts that have field1value="Member" and field2value="Donor".

fieldvalue1 is  from contact level
fieldvalue2 is from interest level ( Interest is child obj for contact)

Issue: All the contacts records with matching conditions are not pulled in the report for some reason.

Do you have an idea why the records are not pullin in the report?

• November 19, 2013

Hi,

I would like to extract the records that are created in this week . Can we do this without hardcoding the dates? 

We have an option in Reports, but other than reports can we extract weekly data?

Select Id from Contact where created date = this week???

Thanks

• November 05, 2013

Hi,

I have created a formula field. I want  this field to be visible only in the reports but not on the page layout.

What do I need to do for this?

formula field= field1-field2.

if Field 1 is less than field 2--> it returns me negative number. I need only the difference but not negative symbol. what can i do for this?( ex: -11 but i need only 11)

Thanks

• October 05, 2013

Hi,

we want one field completly hidden from all profiles.

Do I need to remove this field from page layout or is that ok if i hide this field at field level security?

Any recommendations? 

• October 03, 2013

Hi,

We have two PROD instances.( you can treat as 2 diff orgs A and B) we would like to shut down A one completely and only use one PROD B.

We will no longer use any customizations from one PROD A. but we would like to save all the development work at some place. so we can refer to it if needed. we were able to export all the data and place it on different server. I am wondering if we can replicate the PROD A instance into PROD B sandbox.

Any information would be greatly helpful.

Thanks.

• October 01, 2013

Hi,

Do we have Chatter  to case functionality in salesforce?

Any insight will be greatly helpful.

Thank you.

• October 01, 2013

Hi,

We have DB Amp connection with our salesforce production. when i write a soql query in sql server, am not able to pull in one field information. I do have access on that field.

Query:

Select *
From openquery(SALESFORCE,
'SELECT
Id,

Credit_Account__c

FROM Opportunity 
WHERE (CreatedDate=YESTERDAY)')

Error : 

OLE DB provider "DBAmp.DBAmp" for linked server "SALESFORCE" returned message "Error 2033 : Field Credit_Account__c is not valid for object Opportunity.".
Msg 7350, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
Cannot get the column information from OLE DB provider "DBAmp.DBAmp" for linked server "SALESFORCE".

I am pretty sure that this field belongs to opportunity object.

Please help me in figuring out this. Its urgent.

many thanks!!

• September 24, 2013

Hi,

We have 3 recordtypes on Account object. we would like to restrict to view one record type records for all the users except system admin.

If a user have a "View all" permission even though they should not be able to view these records.

can we do this?

Thanks

• September 19, 2013