• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I am looking for a solution where our users can click a button on their UI, launch a page to allow them to select a csv file, and then mass update records of a custom object.  The CSV will contain an external id (key) and fields that will be updated.  I know that there are import wizards functionality built in SFDC but I dont want to give users this access and potentially update other records.  I want the button because the process is already predefined for the users.   I appreciate any suggestions and advice. 

Thanks,

John

• November 21, 2013

I have a VF page with 5 radio buttons on.  For the answer I use a radio button (see page item below).  

My question is how do I test this because when I run my test class it doesn't touch this part of the the controllers List<SelectOption> part of the code?

Page item :

<apex:selectradio value="{!question1}" >
         <apex:selectOptions value="{!QuestionItem}" />
</apex:selectRadio>

Controller item :

// Question radio buttons
public List<SelectOption> getQuestionItem() {
List<SelectOption> options = new List<SelectOption>();
options.add(new SelectOption('0','0'));
options.add(new SelectOption('1','1'));
options.add(new SelectOption('2','2'));

return options;
}

Test Class :

// Test 1

MyController controller1 = new MyController();
controller1.question1 = 1;

controller1.save();

Any help is appretiated.  If I need to add more info just let me know as this is not all of the code just the bits I thought relevant.

• October 05, 2013
Hi to all,

I am creating list view through metadataa api, I already done for object level. For example if i want to create list view for contact means i will put the full name like below,

<fullName>Contact.listViews2</fullName>

So i need to do the same for mass email contact list view.. So what  i need to put in the full name inorder to create list view for mass email.

<fullName>????.listViews2</fullName>
Hi experts,

I am going to use standard mass email contact option. When i select mass email then i can able to select upto 250 contacts and we can send.

But the trick is , when i selected more than 50 records it should through a error..

How can i achieve this?
Hi,

I had a requirement, when i create record in contact then the record name should be created as a new view in Mass Email Contact Section..

Can any one help How to achieve this?

Hi ,

I have a restful class with @HttpGet method, this method having soql query and it will return based on what we are sending as a parameter.

I need to implement this in visualforce page, visualforce page having one text box when user enter value in the text box those value should be passed into the @httpGet method, and that particular text box should return a result(Searched Item).

Please help me to this problem...!
Hi experts,

I am going to use standard mass email contact option. When i select mass email then i can able to select upto 250 contacts and we can send.

But the trick is , when i selected more than 50 records it should through a error..

How can i achieve this?
Hi,

I had a requirement, when i create record in contact then the record name should be created as a new view in Mass Email Contact Section..

Hi,

Written a trigger ....  wanted to insert a new salesorder record when quote status changes to 'Approved' .. this code is not working 

This is inserting a blank sales order record and opportunity details are not getting populated
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
trigger Create on Quote (before update) {

List <SCRB_SalesOrder__c> SOlist =  new List<SCRB_SalesOrder__c>();

For(Quote Q : trigger.new)
{
   if(Q.Status == 'Approved')
   {
   SCRB_SalesOrder__c SO = new SCRB_SalesOrder__c();
   SO.OpportunityId__c = Q.Opportunity.ID; // Data not getting populated
   SO.Amount__c = Q.Opportunity.Amount ; // Data not getting populated
   SO.StatusCode__c =  'Billed';
   SOlist.add(SO);
   }
}
insert SOlist;

}
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

I am inserting some fields through data loader. Out of which date time field shows me a wrong value after insertion
eg: If i insert a date time field as 2014-04-04T17:04:00.00Z then it will shows me the correct date value but time value is inccorrect. 
Input Field inserted through dataloader = 2014-04-04T17:04:00.00Z
Output shown on browser( Saleforce UI ) = 4/4/2014 10:04 AM

Please assist me on this.

Hi,

i have a formula field to calculate my contact's age based on DOB. I would like know, will Salesforce auto update the age field yearly to change the age?

Meaning that, the moment i create a contact with DOB = 1 Dec 1980 and my formula field will calculate the age as 33 (2013 - 1980). When reach 2014, is there a way to auto update the age to 34 (2014-1980) and subsequenctly to 35,36,37.. without editing the contact?

Thanks.

Hi All,

Can anybody explain what is Integration in salesforce? and how to integrate external apps with Salesforce? What are all the Basic steps required to integration?

Thanks in Advance

---MMM----

Hi ,

I want to create a gmail gadget which will show th salesforce data into that gadget - now i want to authenticate salesforce from google how will i authnticate this? please tell me...

HI All,

I currently have an Email Alert setup as the output from a Workflow when a new record is created. This is all working fine.

However, I would like to be able to change the 'from' email address.

It shows my email address, but i dont want to display my email address .

Ideally I would like this to be 'no-reply@my_company_domain'.

How can i acheive this?

Thanks

Shailu

• December 01, 2013

I have a report including some fields (checkbox) and when it is exported to excel, the value on this fiels is either 1 or 0 depending if the box is checked or not.  The users don't want to se numbers they want to see:  1= Yes or 0=No.  Do you know if there is any way to change the values of the checkbox when exporting?

How is a Web service and SOAP related ?

How critical is it to test on QA perspective?

• November 29, 2013

How do I get to know the thorrow knowledge on Packaging ?

• November 29, 2013

Hi every one i am trying to use @future method (this is my method ""public static void method1(case dupcase,id mesterrecid) ""  ) , then i got an error like " Unsupported parameter type SOBJECT:Case at line 4 column 20" how can i rectify this can anybody help me..?

Hi i have an sobject in which a picklist with 3 values has been saved. Now i want to give additional values in picklist via a input text box in  visualforce and apex. I am able to fetch the records here. but unable to add values to it.  Adding my code for reference.

<apex:page controller="clientobject">
<apex:form >
 <apex:pageBlock >
  <apex:selectList id="countries" value="{!picklist}" size="1">
  <apex:selectOptions value="{!countries}"/>
</apex:selectList><br/><br/>
  Enter value to add:<apex:inputText value="{!pick}"/>
  <apex:commandButton value="add" />
 </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>
//controller class
public class clientobject {
public string pick{set;get;}
public string picklist{set;get;}
transient List<Schema.PicklistEntry> ple = new List<Schema.PicklistEntry>();
public clientobject(){

}
public List<SelectOption> getCountries(){
  List<SelectOption> options = new List<SelectOption>();

Schema.DescribeFieldResult fieldResult = OfficeLocation__c.Country__c.getDescribe();
  ple = fieldResult.getPicklistValues();

for( Schema.PicklistEntry f : ple)
   {

options.add(new SelectOption(f.getLabel(), f.getValue()));

}       
    system.debug('picklist values are ::::::::::'+options);
   return options;
  }
 }

i don't know how to perform dml actions on schema.describe calls ? Any suggestions would be appreciated

Hi, I have configured 2 email address for email-to-case says emailA@co.my & emailB@co.my.

I have a scenario whereby customer will send an email to emailA@co.my & emailB@co.my so my Salesforce will have 2 case says Case1 & Case2 created.

My question is how can i extract the 'email source' of the case? For example, Case1 is from emailA@co.my and Case2 is from emailB@co.my.

The reason is if I extract the field 'ToAddress' then I will get 'emailA@co.my;emailB@co.my'.

Thanks.

When I do https://login.salesforce.com/services/oauth2/token for getting access_token
then its giving this response

"id":"https://login.salesforce.com/id/00D80000000sdmlEAA/0048000000asdfYAAQ",
"issued_at":"1385537310855","scope":"full",
"instance_url":"https://ap1.salesforce.com",
"signature":"JKDzv7DRqREdsf/7+werGpQvgVK8payAmhGAn8WlGIY=",
"access_token":"00D90000000nsml!AQ4AQMfBasdfasdaDJS5W7unp31jfNpQDZYmQ1ef.
_jllTyoeV6SHvTVaYAb5VqgeCHTNHPk9W94HwqngPo5TnIx9UJTXfQs"

here you can see refresh_token is missing as per documentation wriiten on
http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_rest/Content/intro_understanding_web_server_oauth_fl...
see step number 5.

Hi-I am new to sales force and planning on learning it. I wanted to ask if salesforce will be a good choice for a requirement where all employees of company can submit daily timesheet, put some daly notes , role level access of few pages , userid/password sign up.

if lets say around 30 -50 people are using such a system , how much that costs ?

Please let me know

Hi,

We have a requirement:

We need to display Visual Force page on click of Account tab only for system admin profile.

Where as for other profiles, we need to display Standard Account page layout.

thanks in advance

• November 26, 2013

Hello All,

Good Time,

I would like to download attachments of Opportunity automatically, could you please suggest how do you want me to procced.

is there any tool which is avaliable in Appexchange.com or do i need to write SOQL if yes then could you please provide me some solution for this.

Thanks in advance

Perfectionist