• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a button on my Opportunity object with a URL.  When clicked, it links to a website and passes some parameters.  For example:  https://xxx.somecorp.com/sforce/sf_import.cfm?SFID={!Opportunity.Id}  If the target site is only TLS 1.0, will the button still work once TLS 1.0 is disabled?

I'm building a Visual Flow to create an object record and I want to set up a set of picklist values for a field to minimize hard coding.  My object has picklist values that vary by record type.   In Visual Flow I could setup a Picklist 'Choice' and point to the object picklist field, but it would show all picklist values regardless of record type (no filtering).  I could use a Flow Picklist with 'dynamic record choice' and a Custom Setting but that would be redundant to the object picklist values.  I could use a Global picklist in the object field definition but it looks like Flow can't access them.  Is there a way to leverage a single source of picklist values for both Flow and an object picklist field defintion that are filterable?
Is there a way to make a input Textbox field longer / wider on a Flow Screen?  Salesforce sets it to a standard size and the full text value is cut off.  The only alternative I see is to use  a Long Text Area which is way too big. 
I created a VF page to give users more flexibility in viewing their tasks (below).  The lists of tasks are displaying but when I click on any Task field hyperlinks or the 'Edit' link, the page goes blank and nothing happens.  How can I make the task links work?

<apex:page showheader="true" tabstyle="Task">
<apex:enhancedList type="Activity" height="600" rowsperpage="50" />
</apex:page>
I'm trying to use knowledge:articleList tag with the ArticleTypes filter parameter.  I keep getting 'unknown article type name' no matter what I put in as the filter.  I've tried all variations on the Article Type name values:  label name, api name, plural label, and object name.  None work.  I even created a new ArticleType with no spaces to no avail.
<knowledge:articleList articleVar="article" ArticleTypes="HTCS_Article" hasMoreVar="false" pageSize="10"  sortby="lastPublishedDate" >
I've built the knowledge article pagenation example with a custom controller from the Salesforce Knowledge Developers Guide (page 14).  I can't figure our how the <knowledge:articleList> tag knows to read the List<KnowledgeArticleVersion> created in the custom controller constructor from SOQL.  I don't see a parameter on the  <knowledge:articleList> and the List in the controller does not have a property or method to expose it.
We have old test classes that are failing and blocking other, unrelated new deployment due to the Winter '16 upgrade.  Change Sets have the ability to deploy and execute only specified Test Classes.  Is there a way to deploy code with Eclipse and specify which Test Classes to execute rather than running all of them?  I just want to bypass the failing classes for now since they are unrelated to the current deployment.  I will go back and clean them up later.
I have an Apex class called GeoNearestAgent which at the end of processing, has a list variable containing multiple rows of data I want to email.  At that point I create a SingleEmailMessage using a visual force email template and a component that references this apex class.  When I run it I get no data in the email.  Is the template controller reference creating another instance of the GeoNearestAgent class?   

<apex:component controller="GeoNearestAgent" access="global">
    <apex:dataTable value="{!Result}" var="pr" columns="3" border="1">
        <apex:column >
            <apex:facet name="header">Property</apex:facet>
            {!pr.PropName}
        </apex:column>
            <apex:facet name="header">Agent</apex:facet>
            {!pr.AgentName}
            <apex:facet name="header">Distance</apex:facet>
            {!pr.Distance}
    </apex:dataTable> 
</apex:component>

If you have a SOQL statement with ORDER BY and a LIMIT 100 clause, which executes first?  Does it order all records and then take the first 100 records or does it do the LIMIT first and then ORDER BY? 

If you have a SOQL statement with ORDER BY and a LIMIT 100 clause, which executes first?  Does it order all records and then take the first 100 records or does it do the LIMIT first and then ORDER BY? 

I'm building a Visual Flow to create an object record and I want to set up a set of picklist values for a field to minimize hard coding.  My object has picklist values that vary by record type.   In Visual Flow I could setup a Picklist 'Choice' and point to the object picklist field, but it would show all picklist values regardless of record type (no filtering).  I could use a Flow Picklist with 'dynamic record choice' and a Custom Setting but that would be redundant to the object picklist values.  I could use a Global picklist in the object field definition but it looks like Flow can't access them.  Is there a way to leverage a single source of picklist values for both Flow and an object picklist field defintion that are filterable?
In my sandbox, the developer console won't display. It opens up a window, immediately resizes to a very small window and hangs.  Chrome eventually times out and I have to kill the session.  I can pull up the console in my production account.
What is best practice for tracking a checklist of required tasks to implement a new product with a customer?  The sales rep closes a SFDC Opportunity and now the implmentation team must work with the customer to install the product and train the customer users of the product.  We have a custom object named Implementation Project that must be used to keep track of the process post-Opportunity Close-Won.  Two teams become invloved in the implementation: Technical and Training.  There are many steps involved in the implementation that require tracking and integration to workflows that send email alerts and Date stamp when the tasks are completed. Each product may have a different set of tasks to be performed and tracked.  Can anyone suggest a best approach to make this process work efficiently?
I've built the knowledge article pagenation example with a custom controller from the Salesforce Knowledge Developers Guide (page 14).  I can't figure our how the <knowledge:articleList> tag knows to read the List<KnowledgeArticleVersion> created in the custom controller constructor from SOQL.  I don't see a parameter on the  <knowledge:articleList> and the List in the controller does not have a property or method to expose it.
I am using a record detail custom button to refer to a Visualforce page which in turn launches a Flow. That Flow then creates a new record. I would like my Finishlocation to be that newly created record. As it is now, I am only able to make the Finishlocation an already created record (such as the record I was in when I pushed the button ; or some other record which is a lookup field on that record).

I am referring to a variable which has the newly created record's ID.

Here is the Visualforce page which the custom button refers to :

<apex:page StandardController="Vendor_Product__c" Extensions="New_ProductReview_With_Flow_Controller2">
<flow:interview interview="{!myflow}" name="New_Product_Review" finishlocation="{!finishlocation}"> 
<apex:param name="VarVendProdRecID" value="{!Vendor_Product__c.Id}"/>
<apex:param name="VarVendProfileID" value="{!Vendor_Product__c.Vendor__r.Id}"/>
</flow:interview>
</apex:page>

Here is the controller : 

public class New_ProductReview_With_Flow_Controller2 {
     public Id recordId {get;set;}
    public flow.interview.New_Product_Review myflow {get;set;}

public New_ProductReview_With_Flow_Controller2(ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {
        recordId = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('recordId');
    } 

public String getendID() {        
        if (myflow !=null) return myflow.VarNewReviewRecID;
        else return 'home/home.jsp';
    }       

public PageReference getFinishLocation() {        
        PageReference endlocation = new PageReference('/' + getendID());

system.debug('VarNewReviewRecIDxxxx '+getendID()); 
        return endlocation;
    }
}

VARNewReviewRecID is a null value in the above debug for some reason, even though it is the Variable populated with the Create Record element in the Flow and I can see it is populated when I look at the debug logs. It is an input/output variable so I would think I could refer to it from Apex.

Any ideas ?

• January 14, 2016