• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Every ReportColumn in a Report metadata file has a "field" element of type string. This string describes the field that is printed in the report column, but it's not always a simple syntax like Account.Name (most of the time). Sometimes it's something like Contact$Id or Foo__c.Bar__r$Baz__c and so on. Is this syntax documented somewhere? As it is I'm mostly just guessing at it and I'd rather have a more formal understanding of the contents of this element.

Hi, I'm having some problems handling XML files with the Force WSC. First, an issue with unmarshalling CustomObject files:

com.sforce.ws.ConnectionException: UTF-8Not a valid enumeration for type: class com.sforce.soap.metadata.Encoding

I can see that the enumeration com.sforce.soap.metadata.Encoding is expecting "UTF_8" rather than "UTF-8", however the metadata is retrieved with the hyphen. Do I really have to find and replace this case before I can unmarshal the file properly? For the record, I used Force WSC to create these classes, Force WSC to retrieve the metadata, and I am using Force WSC to unmarshal the files. Is this framework incompatible with itself?

The issue with marshalling those CustomObject files is that I can't seem to save them in the same format that they were downloaded in. Whenever I marshall a metadata object to an XML file, it adds namespace prefixes ("n1:") to every tag, which is not how I want to store the data. So is there any way to marshal these files without the namespace prefixes, or will I have to do this myself after they are written?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I'm having some problems handling XML files with the Force WSC. First, an issue with unmarshalling CustomObject files:

com.sforce.ws.ConnectionException: UTF-8Not a valid enumeration for type: class com.sforce.soap.metadata.Encoding

I can see that the enumeration com.sforce.soap.metadata.Encoding is expecting "UTF_8" rather than "UTF-8", however the metadata is retrieved with the hyphen. Do I really have to find and replace this case before I can unmarshal the file properly? For the record, I used Force WSC to create these classes, Force WSC to retrieve the metadata, and I am using Force WSC to unmarshal the files. Is this framework incompatible with itself?

The issue with marshalling those CustomObject files is that I can't seem to save them in the same format that they were downloaded in. Whenever I marshall a metadata object to an XML file, it adds namespace prefixes ("n1:") to every tag, which is not how I want to store the data. So is there any way to marshal these files without the namespace prefixes, or will I have to do this myself after they are written?

Thanks in advance.