• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi ,

In order for us to be able to send email notifications to a user who uses are site we need to add a custom profile to the Organization Wide Email Address so that when a user enters their contact info into our site, they will get an email notification with the  Sender email address equal to something like : "noreply@someplce.org". Currently it is using a developer's email address instead. We'd like to change that:

Q) Is there a way that we can add a custom profile (Guest License) to org Wide Email Address so that we can set  that Sender email adddress to noreply@someplace.org'?

Currently we get the error message:
SendEmail failed caused by: System.EmailException: SendEmail failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_OR_READONLY, Not profiled to access this Org-wide Email.

Thanks
HI  Here is my scenario that causes this error:

I have create a VF page which is a registration form. It is hosted on a Force.com site. What I want to do is this:
When a user enteres contact information, he will get an email notification containing a generic email address called "noreply@someemail.org" listed as the From: Email Header or Sender. I use Org wide Email Addressesmethod setOrgWideEmailAddressId to create this.

However that email doesn't appear and I get an error rmessage that says :

SendEmail failed caused by: System.EmailException: SendEmail failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_OR_READONLY, Not profiled to access this Org-wide Email.

Q) Does anyone know if I am receiving this error because the external  user to the Force.com Site is of a profile type that is a Guest  Site User and not  one that is a Salesforce Licensed User like System Admin?

I ask this question because when I run a test locally for this VF Page  within Salesforce (as a System Admin), the test user I use will get the email notification that does contain the Sender Header "noreply@someemail.org"  and no error exception is displayed.

Thanks in advance!

HI,

Is it possible that I can create a embedded Visual Force Page which can redirect to another Visual Force Page that will not be embedded into the Standard Controller parent page? I want the embedded page to function like the Command Buttons for a Standard Object's detailed page which, when created using a URL to another page can redirect you from that  Standard Object page to a Visual Force Page which exists outside of the the contact  detailed record page.  In other words a free standing Visual Force Page.

For example:

Say you have some contacts who are associated with an account and you would like to create a button on the Contact record  detail page that will call another page to create an opportunity for that Contact record. YOu can do this by creating a Command button and then  creating a URL link with account and contact IDs as parameters.

Q) Can we also do this with an Embedded Visual Force Page which contains a command button to redirect to a page outside of the Contact Detail record page?

I am using a pick list of values  for this embedded page that resides within a page block section.  Underneath that pick list is a button which will redirect to another page when clicked but that new page now becomes embedded and overwrites the previous embedded page block section. I want that new page to be a free standing Visual Force Page.

Thanks for your help.

Hi ,

In order for us to be able to send email notifications to a user who uses are site we need to add a custom profile to the Organization Wide Email Address so that when a user enters their contact info into our site, they will get an email notification with the  Sender email address equal to something like : "noreply@someplce.org". Currently it is using a developer's email address instead. We'd like to change that:

Q) Is there a way that we can add a custom profile (Guest License) to org Wide Email Address so that we can set  that Sender email adddress to noreply@someplace.org'?

Currently we get the error message:

Thanks
HI  Here is my scenario that causes this error:

I have create a VF page which is a registration form. It is hosted on a Force.com site. What I want to do is this:
When a user enteres contact information, he will get an email notification containing a generic email address called "noreply@someemail.org" listed as the From: Email Header or Sender. I use Org wide Email Addressesmethod setOrgWideEmailAddressId to create this.

However that email doesn't appear and I get an error rmessage that says :

Q) Does anyone know if I am receiving this error because the external  user to the Force.com Site is of a profile type that is a Guest  Site User and not  one that is a Salesforce Licensed User like System Admin?

I ask this question because when I run a test locally for this VF Page  within Salesforce (as a System Admin), the test user I use will get the email notification that does contain the Sender Header "noreply@someemail.org"  and no error exception is displayed.

Thanks in advance!

HI,

Is it possible that I can create a embedded Visual Force Page which can redirect to another Visual Force Page that will not be embedded into the Standard Controller parent page? I want the embedded page to function like the Command Buttons for a Standard Object's detailed page which, when created using a URL to another page can redirect you from that  Standard Object page to a Visual Force Page which exists outside of the the contact  detailed record page.  In other words a free standing Visual Force Page.

For example:

Say you have some contacts who are associated with an account and you would like to create a button on the Contact record  detail page that will call another page to create an opportunity for that Contact record. YOu can do this by creating a Command button and then  creating a URL link with account and contact IDs as parameters.

Q) Can we also do this with an Embedded Visual Force Page which contains a command button to redirect to a page outside of the Contact Detail record page?

I am using a pick list of values  for this embedded page that resides within a page block section.  Underneath that pick list is a button which will redirect to another page when clicked but that new page now becomes embedded and overwrites the previous embedded page block section. I want that new page to be a free standing Visual Force Page.

Thanks for your help.

Hi All,

I needed to send an email notification on opportunities with conditions too complex for a workflow rule, so I created a trigger that checks the conditions and sends the email. I was successful on doing this, but now only problem I have is that the notification needs to be sent from a general address (org wide address), and this address should be available only for the trigger, not for the users. But if I do not add the profiles of the users to the org wide address, I get the following error:

caused by: System.EmailException: SendEmail failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_OR_READONLY, Not profiled to access this Org-wide Email

On the other hand, if I give access to the profiles, then the org wide address is available whenever the users want to send any email message.

Does anyone know how to use the org wide address in a trigger without providing access to the user’s profile? Any other solution like running the code always under another user (i.e. system admin)?

Thanks in advance!

hi

can u please tell me how to set  

setOrgWideEmailAddressId for visualforce email templates.

If i give like this it shows an error that Save error: Method does not exist or incorrect signature: [Messaging.SingleEmailMessage].setOrgWideEmailAddressId(String) 

Messaging.SingleEmailMessage email = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();

email.setOrgWideEmailAddressId('0D2T000000000MH'); //For QA

email.setTemplateId(objEmailTemplate.Id);

email.setTargetObjectId(objContact.id);

email.setSaveAsActivity(true);

email.setWhatId(AppointmentId);

email.setSenderDisplayName('Scheduling');

Messaging.SendEmailResult [] r = Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] {email});

can u please help me.