• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

Does anybody know if we can implement (using javascript library or apex) annotating any file (pdf, doc, image, video) in Salesforce Content or Library?
  • January 27, 2015

Hi there,

I am using JDK 1.5.0_19 for an application running on Weblogic server, and trying to connect to Salesforce using Partner WSDL with Bulk API version 17.0. 

Recently upgraded a Sandbox which is on salesforce CS14, and since then getting following error. Any help or advice is appreciated.

<Feb 27, 2013 10:29:00 AM EST> <Warning> <Security> <BEA-090504>
<Certificate chain received from cs14-api.salesforce.com - 96.43.144.109
failed hostname verification check. Certificate contained *.salesforce.com
but check expected cs14-api.salesforce.com>

I found an article (http://help.salesforce.com/HTViewSolution?id=000170674&language=en_US ) in this regard, but has many certifiate files attached to it. Can any one please advice which of these attached files in this article need to be imported to weblogic server or Java cacerts and how do I do that? 

Thanks,
Ramana

• February 28, 2013

Hello All,

I am trying to create a Bulk API job doing 'UPSERT' to a custom object and getting the following error.

job = new JobInfo();

job.setObject("Publication__c");

job.setOperation(OperationEnum.upsert);

job.setContentType(ContentType.CSV);

job.setExternalIdFieldName("External_ID__c ");

InvalidJob : Field name provided, External_ID__c is not readable for Publication__c

Any help with more details on the error or how to solve is greately appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ramana Maddikunta

• August 10, 2011

Hi All,

I am getting the following error while trying to update a URL (Website) field using spsert() Bulk API.

The data "http://www.nimaya.com " is not legal for a JDOM character content: 0x0 is not a legal XML character.

Can anyone please help me to resolve this issue?

Thanks in Advance,

Ramana Maddikunta

• April 08, 2011

Hi Everyone,

We have a Batch APEX Job invoked via a trigger by updating an Object in Salesforce. Is there way I can poll for the status of the APEX Job and get the results in order to parse them using Partner Java API?

Thanks,

Ramana Maddikunta

• August 12, 2010

hi All,

I am trying to use Bulk API and I have a scenario while upserting a Contact record I need to add reference to  Account using External ID. I did this using regular WebService API, but unable to do the same using Bulk API

as com.sforce.async.SObject does not have a method setField(String fieldName, SObject value). I was able do this with com.sforce.soap.partner.sobject.SObject

Any help or suggestions on this is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ramana Maddikunta 

• January 12, 2010

Hello All,

I am running into an issue using UPSERT on Account object, with a custom field being used as External Id as well as Unique. When I run API with a bunch of records I get the error message like the one below, on some of the records

dupicate value found: External_ID__c duplicates value on record id: 0018000000ZdFWC

I searched for similar messages on the forum and found that an issue pertaining to this was fixed on 02-26-2009. http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=apex&thread.id=12968&view=by_date_ascending&page=1 

But I am still getting this error. Can one please help me resolve this. 

Thanks in Advance,

Ramana Maddikunta 

• October 28, 2009

Hello All,

I have an application upserting large volumes of data into Salesforce. It works great most of the time.  

I intermitently get 'SERVER_UNAVAILABLE::server temporarily unavialable' error on few API calls (say about 20) out of 700-1000 calls.

Can any one please advise what could the issue here and how to address it?

Thanks,

Ramana Maddikunta 

• September 18, 2009

Helo All,

I have a situation where I have to load a large number of records using Salesforce webservice API.  With the current limit on the number of records (200) per API call, it is taking about 6 hours in total (with 50 cocnurrent threads). Is there any way to bump that number from 200 to a higher number, even by means of contacting Salesforce with a special request for the enterprise.

Note: We have enterprise license.

Thanks,

Ramana Maddikunta 

• August 12, 2009

Helo All,

I am trying to execete the following SOQL:

Select e.Activity_Weight__c, e.ActivityDate, e.DurationInMinutes, e.OwnerId, e.Owner.Id, e.Owner.Name, e.Type from Event e where ActivityDate = LAST_MONTH 

When I ran this Query today, I get the events from 2nd April to 1st May. Can anybody advice what is happening here? I ran the same query with ActivityDate=THIS_MONTH and I get all the events from 2nd May to 1st June.

So, looks like the date lilteral is resolving the values shifted by 1 day. 

Thanks,

Ramana maddikunta 

HI All,

I am seeing a weired issue with upsert...!

I have a program with multiple threads trying to upsert(). Each thread sends 200 objects using upsert().

And many of them get back only 100 objects in upsertResult[]. Very of them get back 200 objects.

Please advice what could be happening here.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ramana Maddikunta 

• April 28, 2009

Hello All,

I am trying to use upsert() with Partner WSDL and set reference object while upserting. Ex. I would like to add Account reference to Contact using Partner WSDL. I know how it works with Enterprise WSDL. But if any of you can help me getting this done with Partner WSDL, your help is greately appreciated.

With Enterprise WSDL the code looks like this: 

Contact upsertContact = new Contact();
  upsertContact.setName("Ramana");
  //To indicate the reference, attach an Account object, which has only the external ID field specified.
  Account upsertParentAccountRef = new Account();
  upsertParentAccountRef.setExternal_SAP1_ACCTID__c("SAP111111"); 
  upsertContact.setAccount(upsertParentAccount); 

With Partner WSDL, I am trying to do this:

SObject sfdcObj = new SObject();

sfdcObj.setType("Contact");

MessageElement[] sfdcFieldsArray = new MessageElement[2];

sfdcFieldsArray[0] = new MessageElement(new QName("Name"), "Ramana");

sfdcFieldsArray[1] = new MessageElement(new QName("Phone"), "111.111.1111");

sfdcObj.set_any(sfdcFieldsArray);

SObject sfdcAccObj = new SObject();

sfdcAccObj.setType("Account");

MessageElement[] sfdcFieldsArray1 = new MessageElement[1];

sfdcFieldsArray1[0] = new MessageElement(new QName("ExternalID__c"), "Nimaya Inc");

sfdcAccObj.set_any(sfdcFieldsArray1);

And here I want to add the sfdcAccObj as parent to sfdcObj.

Please advice how to proceed, as soon as possible. 

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ramana 

Message Edited by Ramana on 04-21-2009 03:44 PM
  • April 21, 2009
Hello Everyone,

I have an outbound message notifaction listener and the process in there takes more than 10 seconds (which is the default time out for Outbound Message, I guess) based on the number of records included in the notification. And hence I get java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out, too often. 

Is there a way to change (increase) the timeout setting for Outbound Message Notifications?

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ramana Maddikunta

Message Edited by Ramana on 06-16-2008 04:37 PM

Hi there,

I am using JDK 1.5.0_19 for an application running on Weblogic server, and trying to connect to Salesforce using Partner WSDL with Bulk API version 17.0. 

Recently upgraded a Sandbox which is on salesforce CS14, and since then getting following error. Any help or advice is appreciated.

<Feb 27, 2013 10:29:00 AM EST> <Warning> <Security> <BEA-090504>
<Certificate chain received from cs14-api.salesforce.com - 96.43.144.109
failed hostname verification check. Certificate contained *.salesforce.com
but check expected cs14-api.salesforce.com>

I found an article (http://help.salesforce.com/HTViewSolution?id=000170674&language=en_US ) in this regard, but has many certifiate files attached to it. Can any one please advice which of these attached files in this article need to be imported to weblogic server or Java cacerts and how do I do that? 

Thanks,
Ramana

• February 28, 2013

Hello All,

I am trying to create a Bulk API job doing 'UPSERT' to a custom object and getting the following error.

job = new JobInfo();

job.setObject("Publication__c");

job.setOperation(OperationEnum.upsert);

job.setContentType(ContentType.CSV);

job.setExternalIdFieldName("External_ID__c ");

InvalidJob : Field name provided, External_ID__c is not readable for Publication__c

Any help with more details on the error or how to solve is greately appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ramana Maddikunta

• August 10, 2011

Hi All,

I am getting the following error while trying to update a URL (Website) field using spsert() Bulk API.

The data "http://www.nimaya.com " is not legal for a JDOM character content: 0x0 is not a legal XML character.

Can anyone please help me to resolve this issue?

Thanks in Advance,

Ramana Maddikunta

• April 08, 2011

Hi,

I have to write a trigger for custom Object's Attachments..

please suggest the exact path.. where i can write a trigger for attachment...

Hello all, I am getting following error for my PHP API call onwards 1 P.M. (IST)

SERVER_UNAVAILABLE: server temporarily unavailable

Is anybody having the same problem out there?

Thanks

HI All,

I am seeing a weired issue with upsert...!

I have a program with multiple threads trying to upsert(). Each thread sends 200 objects using upsert().

And many of them get back only 100 objects in upsertResult[]. Very of them get back 200 objects.

Please advice what could be happening here.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ramana Maddikunta 

• April 28, 2009

Hello All,

I am trying to use upsert() with Partner WSDL and set reference object while upserting. Ex. I would like to add Account reference to Contact using Partner WSDL. I know how it works with Enterprise WSDL. But if any of you can help me getting this done with Partner WSDL, your help is greately appreciated.

With Enterprise WSDL the code looks like this: 

Contact upsertContact = new Contact();
  upsertContact.setName("Ramana");
  //To indicate the reference, attach an Account object, which has only the external ID field specified.
  Account upsertParentAccountRef = new Account();
  upsertParentAccountRef.setExternal_SAP1_ACCTID__c("SAP111111"); 
  upsertContact.setAccount(upsertParentAccount); 

With Partner WSDL, I am trying to do this:

SObject sfdcObj = new SObject();

sfdcObj.setType("Contact");

MessageElement[] sfdcFieldsArray = new MessageElement[2];

sfdcFieldsArray[0] = new MessageElement(new QName("Name"), "Ramana");

sfdcFieldsArray[1] = new MessageElement(new QName("Phone"), "111.111.1111");

sfdcObj.set_any(sfdcFieldsArray);

SObject sfdcAccObj = new SObject();

sfdcAccObj.setType("Account");

MessageElement[] sfdcFieldsArray1 = new MessageElement[1];

sfdcFieldsArray1[0] = new MessageElement(new QName("ExternalID__c"), "Nimaya Inc");

sfdcAccObj.set_any(sfdcFieldsArray1);

And here I want to add the sfdcAccObj as parent to sfdcObj.

Please advice how to proceed, as soon as possible. 

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ramana 

Message Edited by Ramana on 04-21-2009 03:44 PM
  • April 21, 2009
We have an application on a server making Java API calls. It routinely calls describeSObject many times a day. Today we got ten exceptions saying, 'Attribute "actor" bound to namespace "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" was already specified for element "ns4728:CallOptions". ' I have included the stack trace below.

Has anyone else seen this? What would remedy this problem?

Code:
Attribute "actor" bound to namespace "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" was already specified for element "ns4728:CallOptions". org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:222) 
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:129) 
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.endElement(DeserializationContext.java:1087) 
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source) 
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext.java:227) 
org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:696) 
org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:435) 
org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.MustUnderstandChecker.invoke(MustUnderstandChecker.java:62) 
org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:206) 
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2784) 
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2767) 
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2443) 
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366) 
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812) 
com.sforce.soap.partner.SoapBindingStub.describeSObject(SoapBindingStub.java:2041)

Apex Crypto class have "generateDigest()" method which converts the given String to the Digest according to the given algorithm(MD5 etc). It does not implement the Http Digest Authentication cycle. Different languages provides native support fro Http Digest Authentication, which implements RFC2617. Does Apex have native support for the HTTP Digest Authentication? Or any other alternate to use Http Digest Authentication in Apex code?

--Jamshaid..
Hi

I trapped the above error when doing a particularly large call to describeSObjects

DescribeObjectResult[] AllObjectsDescribed =
binding.describeSObjects(String[] of all ObjectNames)

- I admit  a rare case but not one I have found before

C# Partner API V 6.0 
I guess this has been thrown due to the resulting size of the SOAP message (?)

What is the Limit and how can I determine it at run-time. The alternative of querying each object individually is a bit slow and I want to avoid an arbitary batch size.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Thanks

Gareth.

Message Edited by Gareth Davies on 03-03-2006 03:28 PM