• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

I would like to be able to force users to have a solution linked to a case before they can close the case. Salesforce provides the following code, which works great:
Code:
<html>
<head>
<script src="/soap/ajax/13.0/connection.js">
</script>
<script>
function init()
{
var queryResult = sforce.connection.query("Select count() from CaseSolution Where CaseId = '{!Case.Id}'");
var size = queryResult.size;
if (size > 0) {
//go to the standard case close page without invoking the override
window.parent.location.href = "{!URLFOR($Action.Case.CloseCase, Case.Id, [retURL=URLFOR($Action.Case.View, Case.Id)], true)}"
}
else {
alert("Case must contain at least one solution before it can be closed.");
//go to the standard case detail page
this.parent.location.href = "{!URLFOR($Action.Case.View, Case.Id)}";
}
}
</script>
</head>
<body onload="init()">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</body>
</html>

I need to extend this code to force it only when:
there is no solution linked to the case, and 2 specific values are selected in 2 different case picklist fields.
I have tried different things but nothing works.

Does anyone know? Thank you very much
Julian
  • September 09, 2008
Dear all,

I am looking for a way to create a new case automatically every time the status of a solution changes from "Approved" to "Draft"

This new case should have a queue owner.

Anyone knows if this is possible?

Thank you very much.
  • October 12, 2007
Hi,

Our cases can be in different status: New, In Progress, Waiting on Customer, Waiting on Engineering, Closed.
Sometimes cases hang for a long period at "Waiting for Engineering". I would like to calculate the time that it takes us to close a case, excluding the time that the case is in status "Waiting on Engineering".
This way we can see better how our Technical Support department performs.

Is it possible with a formula?

• August 16, 2007
Good day,

Our organization is using the office edition to download reports data to excel. This downloaded data every x minutes, gets formated using a macro, and sent automatically to a partner's email address. This works all fine, until the session times-out (user seems to be still logged in).

Is there any code that I can add to my excel workbook to keep the connection alive, or reconnect the lost connection, etc?

Or may be any other solution?

Thank you very much.

Julian
  • April 14, 2007
Good morning,

I have a picklist called "selection", and the values are "value1", "value2", "value3" and "value4". Users can choose one of those values inside a Case.

When I report on cases, I can create a report that groups the retrieved results by "selection", and the report will gie me the amount of times each value has been selectd, but not the percentage. How can I get that %?

The same happens with checkboxes. How do I get a percentage of cases with a checkbox selected.

And finally, with Cases "Created by": I get the amount of cases created by engineer, but not the %.

Can anyone help me out with these 3 things? I have many picklists, checkboxes, etc, and if I can get those 3 done I should be able to work out the rest myself.

Thank you very much.

Julian

BTW, I have expected calculating % to be much easier in SalesForce, kind of standard report option.
  • March 06, 2007
Hi all,

I would like to be able to force users to have a solution linked to a case before they can close the case. Salesforce provides the following code, which works great:
Code:
<html>
<head>
<script src="/soap/ajax/13.0/connection.js">
</script>
<script>
function init()
{
var queryResult = sforce.connection.query("Select count() from CaseSolution Where CaseId = '{!Case.Id}'");
var size = queryResult.size;
if (size > 0) {
//go to the standard case close page without invoking the override
window.parent.location.href = "{!URLFOR($Action.Case.CloseCase, Case.Id, [retURL=URLFOR($Action.Case.View, Case.Id)], true)}"
}
else {
alert("Case must contain at least one solution before it can be closed.");
//go to the standard case detail page
this.parent.location.href = "{!URLFOR($Action.Case.View, Case.Id)}";
}
}
</script>
</head>
<body onload="init()">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</body>
</html>

I need to extend this code to force it only when:
there is no solution linked to the case, and 2 specific values are selected in 2 different case picklist fields.
I have tried different things but nothing works.

Does anyone know? Thank you very much
Julian
  • September 09, 2008
Hi everyone,

I working with the conference management app provided by Salesforce on the Appexchange. (http://www.salesforce.com/appexchange/detail_overview.jsp?NavCode__c=&id=a0330000000HFT3AAO)

I am trying to make some modifications to the Attendee Role object. What I would like to do, ideally, is that when a user selects an attendee, really a contact (via the contact lookup), I want it to automatically select the account that corresponds to that contact.

The reason I want to add this functionality is so that the conferences will show up under a related list in both the contact and account page layouts.

I have been struggling with this for a little while - hopefully someone can help me out.

Thanks.
-- Matt