• 25 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

How do I write a trigger for the opportunity product object that updates the "sales price" field every time the "discount field" or the "Qty" field is changed?

Please help.

• April 14, 2009

Hi.

I'm looking for a developer who can create a few triggers and s-controls for some specific business requirements.

I dont anticipate this taking more than a  coupe of days.

When you reply, please let me know what your rates are and availability are and whether you can be on site (san francisco, ca) or remote.

Thanks  

• April 14, 2009

Hi,

I've created the ability to apply discounts to line items and calculate discounted sales prices etc by using validation rules and workflows.

However, if I update the the discount field, it doesnt re-calculate the amount.

How do i fix this?

• April 14, 2009

Can someone help me write a validation rule for this scenario please? I have tried various versions but they're just not working out.

I have a picklist called "Term" and the values are 12,36 and 48

I have a number field called Qty.

I need a validation rule that says if value=12 then qty should be greater than 1 but less than 12.

Thanks in advance

• April 08, 2009
 I am trying to edit the multi-line layout on the opportunity product to try and add a few more Product fields into the opportunity product but it seems I am restrcited to only 2 fields-Product Name and Product Code.  How can I add more Product fields to the multi-line layout?  Can anyone help?  btw-I've tried creating a custom field to do a cross-object formula to bring over those values but those fields cant be oulled into the multi-line layout either!  Any help would be greatly appreciated

• April 06, 2009

We've had a change in behaviour for emails that are being sent out of salesforce.com   

The email are being sent with the following email address

no-reply@salesforce.com [mailto:no-reply@salesforce.com] On Behalf XXX

This is an issue for us.

Is there any way to mask or change this?

Please advise.

• March 23, 2009

I have 2 product line items

1) License Fee

2) Maintenance Fee which is 10% of the License Fee

I would to automate the process so that Sales Price of Item 2 to automatically calculate at 10% of the line item above.

Is this possible? If so, how?

I would love some help on this.

Thanks in advance

• March 16, 2009

I have a checkbox field called Reached VP that is checked everytime an opportunity reaches stage "Value Proposition".

I have a date field where I would like to record when the above field is checked.

How do I write this formula?

Any help would be much appreciated.

• March 10, 2009
I created scontrols in my developer edition account and everything works great.

I am now trying to create the same scontrol in my enterprise edition account but the values come up blank.

Is there something very obvious I'm missing?

An example of one of the s-controls is below (calculates total cogs by bringing over COGs from the Poduct object and multiplying it by a qty on the opportunity product object)

<script type="text/javascript">
var num1 = ({!Product2.COGS2__c});
var num2 = ({!OpportunityLineItem.Test__c});
var result = ""
if (num1 && num2) {
result = Math.round(num1 * num2 );
document.write(result);
}
</script>

• August 03, 2007
I have an scontrol that brings over the COGS value from "product" into "opportunity Product" and calculate the total COGS value of each line item.

var num1 = parseFloat({!Product2.COGS2__c});
var num2 = parseFloat({!OpportunityLineItem.Quantity});
var result = ""
if (num1 && num2) {
result = Math.round(num1 * num2 * 100)/100;
document.write(result);
}
</script>

I've place the scontrol on the opportunity product page layout so that the COGs value is visible. However, what I'd like to do is have the scontrol populate an actual field called "COGS" so I can write formulas around it.

Any ideas ?

Can someone help me solve this.

I need the amount field on the opportunity object (which is a standard non-editable field) to represent a different calculated value.

I've created 2 custom fields and a button
(A) "Amount2" in the opportunity object.
(B) "Total price 2" in the opportunity product object (a custom calculation) 
(C) "Update Amount 2" button in the opportunity to upload the sum of (B) into (A)

I've been playing with scontrols for a week now trying to figure out how to populate amount 2 with the sum of Totalprice 2 but it doesn't work!!!!!!! Can someone please help?

I need the amount field on the opportunity object (which is a standard non-editable field) to represent a different calculated value.

(C) "Update Amount 2" button in the opportunity to upload the sum of (B) into (A)

I've been playing with scontrols for a week now trying to figure out how to populate amount 2 with the sum of Totalprice 2 but it doesn't work!!!!!!! Can someone please help?

How do I write a trigger for the opportunity product object that updates the "sales price" field every time the "discount field" or the "Qty" field is changed?

Please help.

• April 14, 2009

Hi,

I've created the ability to apply discounts to line items and calculate discounted sales prices etc by using validation rules and workflows.

However, if I update the the discount field, it doesnt re-calculate the amount.

How do i fix this?

• April 14, 2009

Hi there,

I would like to provide my services on volunteer basis in the following areas:-

- SFDC Customization & Administration
- Data Migration involving Cleansing, De-Duplication, Preserving relationships and data Integrity
- I can also provide live production support that may invlove troubleshooting or debugging code in Triggers or Scontrols.

I have also received formal Training from Salesforce.com and Microtek ; for ADM 201, ADM 301 and ADM -320 the Developer Course.

I am Salesforce Certified Level 1 and looking to get some projects on volunteer basis related to Salesforce Administrative Type. I can also provide some good references as well as work samples on request. You can reach me on suma_anand04@hotmail.com for more information.

Thanks

Can someone help me write a validation rule for this scenario please? I have tried various versions but they're just not working out.

I have a picklist called "Term" and the values are 12,36 and 48

I have a number field called Qty.

I need a validation rule that says if value=12 then qty should be greater than 1 but less than 12.

Thanks in advance

• April 08, 2009
 I am trying to edit the multi-line layout on the opportunity product to try and add a few more Product fields into the opportunity product but it seems I am restrcited to only 2 fields-Product Name and Product Code.  How can I add more Product fields to the multi-line layout?  Can anyone help?  btw-I've tried creating a custom field to do a cross-object formula to bring over those values but those fields cant be oulled into the multi-line layout either!  Any help would be greatly appreciated

• April 06, 2009

We've had a change in behaviour for emails that are being sent out of salesforce.com   

The email are being sent with the following email address

no-reply@salesforce.com [mailto:no-reply@salesforce.com] On Behalf XXX

This is an issue for us.

Is there any way to mask or change this?

Please advise.

• March 23, 2009

I have 2 product line items

1) License Fee

2) Maintenance Fee which is 10% of the License Fee

I would to automate the process so that Sales Price of Item 2 to automatically calculate at 10% of the line item above.

Is this possible? If so, how?

I would love some help on this.

Thanks in advance

• March 16, 2009

I have a checkbox field called Reached VP that is checked everytime an opportunity reaches stage "Value Proposition".

I have a date field where I would like to record when the above field is checked.

How do I write this formula?

Any help would be much appreciated.

• March 10, 2009
I created scontrols in my developer edition account and everything works great.

I am now trying to create the same scontrol in my enterprise edition account but the values come up blank.

Is there something very obvious I'm missing?

An example of one of the s-controls is below (calculates total cogs by bringing over COGs from the Poduct object and multiplying it by a qty on the opportunity product object)

var num1 = ({!Product2.COGS2__c});
var num2 = ({!OpportunityLineItem.Test__c});
var result = ""
if (num1 && num2) {
result = Math.round(num1 * num2 );
document.write(result);
}
</script>

• August 03, 2007