• 10 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I need to be able to provide a link to an article that is only available on the internal channel. The problem is that the current URL for the article searches by ID which changes everytime the article is published. ex: https://familysearch.my.salesforce.com/knowledge/publishing/articlePreview.apexp?id=kA230000000ZKb7&popup=true&pubstatus=d&preview=true

Is there a way to restructure the URL to lookup the article by Article Number instead of ID, and always get the latest version? If so how can we make that also work for non-English translations of the article?

This piece of code returns XXXXX(Name).

{!$ObjectType[artType].fields[SUBSTITUTE(field,'__s', '__Name__s')].Label}

It is part of this pageBlockSection

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem rendered="{!CONTAINS(field,'__s')}">
         <apex:outputLink value="{!URLFOR($Action[artType].FileFieldDownload, article['id'],
                     ['field'=$ObjectType[artType].fields[SUBSTITUTE(field,'__s', '__Body__s')].name])}">{!article[SUBSTITUTE(field,'__s', '__Name__s')]}              </apex:outputLink>
</apex:pageBlockSectionItem>

I want to strip out "(Name)" from the string. How can I do that?
This piece of code returns XXXXX(Name).

It is part of this pageBlockSection

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem rendered="{!CONTAINS(field,'__s')}">
         <apex:outputLink value="{!URLFOR($Action[artType].FileFieldDownload, article['id'],
                     ['field'=$ObjectType[artType].fields[SUBSTITUTE(field,'__s', '__Body__s')].name])}">{!article[SUBSTITUTE(field,'__s', '__Name__s')]}              </apex:outputLink>
</apex:pageBlockSectionItem>

I want to strip out "(Name)" from the string. How can I do that?