• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Below is the VF page for which we are performing URL hack and overriding the new account button with the below page.The button is working fine but when I use the same button through communities .ready function is being called continuously and page keeps on loading. Any help on what's causing the issue/how to resolve it is much appreciated.
<apex:page standardcontroller ="Account"> 
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/function.js"/> 

<script type ="text/javascript" src="/soap/ajax/28.0/connection.js"/>
<script language = "Javascript"> 

var j$ = jquery.noconflict();  
 var current;   
J$(document).ready(function() {    
 change();   
 window.parent.navigateToUrl(current); });

function change() { 
  current = window.location.href;   
current = current.replace("/apex/page","/00Qe/e");  
 current = current.replace("&sfdc.override =1","&nooverride =1");  
 current = current.replace("&save_new=1","");  
 current+= "&lea3=do not fill in"; } 

</script>
 </apex:page>
  • February 10, 2015
Hi, can someone give me a sample example for a bar chart where I can get total number of records in a object from a particular user. I have all the names of the users in a picklist, I just want to display them based on the user selected value.
  • May 07, 2014
I have a scenario where users will be taking ownership of some cases by checking the checkbox and clicking the button. The problem I am facing here is if multiple users select the same case at the same time to work on an error should be thrown  to all the users except the first one saying this case is already taken by other user to work. I really don't understand how to implement this logic in my visualforce page. I cannot post my code as it is too long and snippet to implement the above scenario is much appreciated. Thanks. 
  • April 30, 2014
I am trying to create a trigger that only allows user to enter unique values with in a field. I cannot make it unique at field level because of restrictions. Now consider if there are already existing records in a object with the field values as 1,2,3,4...10 , consider the field as unique__c. now if user inserts other record with value say 3, now the record which is already existing with value 3 should become 4, 4 should become 5 and.... can any one help me with the logic. It should happen after inser and after update. Thanks
  • April 03, 2014
Consider 2 picklists

<apex:inputfield value="controller.picklist1__c"/>
and the second picklist, 'picklist2__c' has some values in it, Is there any way to check if selected value in picklist1__c is in picklist2__c. Thanks.

Like, IF(Selectedvalue(picklist1) is one of the field values of (picklist2))
  • January 04, 2014
When we try to get a visualforce page to be visible in our Community it says that the page is under construction and the worst part is that is references our other community.  Here is a Thread from an email regarding this.  I hope I can get some help on this.  Please and Thank you,

We need help with an error message that is coming up… And this is one of those weird ones again that we found.

We have a button called “Add New Items for Credit.” That when you select it should bring you to a visual force page. Now in the communicates environment when we select the button, it gives us an error message. Pay attention to the URL changes in the screen shots below. We need this fixed asap as this is a pretty big deal blocking roll out of communities.
User-added image

This is the error message… Notice the /ahold is missing now before the /apex.  Why??? Should not be like that. In addition, the error message is /APtea . That is a different community not yet published.

User-added image

This is what it should do and look like. Notice when we put the ahold in there as it should for the community, it works.

User-added image
I am trying to create a trigger that only allows user to enter unique values with in a field. I cannot make it unique at field level because of restrictions. Now consider if there are already existing records in a object with the field values as 1,2,3,4...10 , consider the field as unique__c. now if user inserts other record with value say 3, now the record which is already existing with value 3 should become 4, 4 should become 5 and.... can any one help me with the logic. It should happen after inser and after update. Thanks
  • April 03, 2014
Consider 2 picklists

<apex:inputfield value="controller.picklist1__c"/>
and the second picklist, 'picklist2__c' has some values in it, Is there any way to check if selected value in picklist1__c is in picklist2__c. Thanks.

Like, IF(Selectedvalue(picklist1) is one of the field values of (picklist2))
  • January 04, 2014

Hello all,

I am currently re-vamping our Customer Portal and creating custom Visualforce pages for Cases, Ideas, etc. I was able to create the Case page and controller with no problem. I am also able to create the Ideas page and controller.

The one major issue I am having is that I am not sure how to "re-use" the Promote and Demote functionality. Does anyone have any experience with re-using this functionality in a custom Visualforce page? I want to give users the ability to vote on an Idea....but only one time per user....same as current functionality.

I know the functionality is in the ideaList.apexp page, but I don't know how to re-purpose it in my own page.

Thanks,

Jeff